Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Worst Bank In Nigeria - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Worst Bank In Nigeria (22619 Views)

GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With / Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by xynerise: 11:40am On Mar 03, 2011
Intercontinental Bank: Happy bankers Sad customers angry
This is the 5th time I am subscribing for ATM CARD with their stupid information on the ATM MACHINE reading " CARD NOT SMART". N700(PER CARD) TIMES 5 CARDS=N3500 in six months
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by justlook: 11:53am On Mar 03, 2011
The bank that falls into this class is FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA. The 1st in their name represents that they always come 1st from behind. Service rate is poor, downtime is high, staff courtesy is low, reactive personnel,

1 Like

Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by asamuel: 11:58am On Mar 03, 2011
GTB - "Wouldn't you rather queue for your money?"

2 Likes

Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by alldone(m): 12:01pm On Mar 03, 2011
one need to be patient with this bank, for crowd it is sign of growth.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by logica(m): 12:04pm On Mar 03, 2011
GTB on the list? I find that funny. They may have other issues (such as ATMs always going down on Fridays) but it seems they are still far ahead of the others. I have not visited any GTB bank in ages so I don't care about the large crowds - All my transactions are done online: cash transfers, account balance check, et cetera. Of course I face the crowd issue sometimes when I need to use the ATM, but this has more to do with the idiots who spend 10 minutes withdrawing 5,000 Naira than anything else.

1 Like

Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by asamuel: 12:07pm On Mar 03, 2011
No sir, crowd in a bank is not a sign of growth. Bank of America has more customers and we don't see crowd there. In the US, you deposit both cash and cheque into ATM machine. When I came to Nigeria and I discovered that Nigerian banks are declaring billions of Naira profit without ATM friendly services, they fell my hand.

GTB has lost service; this is not the GTB of Fola Adeola's days. GBAM!
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by agoshofin(m): 1:00pm On Mar 03, 2011
it shall be a battle of worst btw AFRIBank & WEMA Bank, undecided undecided undecided wink
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by yinkapaul: 1:05pm On Mar 03, 2011
Its UBA and we all know it
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by LaconicINC: 3:44pm On Mar 03, 2011
Its definitely USELESS BANK OF AFRICA, uba- the very day i applied for atm they started deducting 100naira from my account whether or not i used my atm to withdraw,until they finished the money in my account, off course i ran to GTB- stlll the best in my opinion
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by bizgirl(f): 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2011
I beg does anyone has experience with ECOBANK at all?[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by dellnet: 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
bizgirl:

I beg does anyone has experience with ECOBANK at all?[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
I do. The staff seem to be unhappy probably low pay.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by queenjumai(f): 5:27pm On Mar 03, 2011
As far as i'm concerned GTB is the best o! As for the worst, i dont think there's any, depends on the branch i guess
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by oluwabamis(m): 5:38pm On Mar 03, 2011
i think its uba, i hate the long queue, when depoziting cash, i always want to avoid it.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by nmereole: 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2011
abi my brothers na unionbank and their old customer mentality
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by 735i(m): 6:32pm On Mar 03, 2011
Na UBA, demma robbers dia

Since i started wif Diamond i've neva had cause to regret smiley

Stanchart is cool too.

If you have enough money to open an account i.e wink
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by ogbongzky(m): 8:40pm On Mar 03, 2011
GTB

With my Mastercard and GtMobile, i dont need to worry about crowd in the bank but I just hate the fact that they are not ready to build more branches to cater for the increasing number of customers.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by andyanders: 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2011
THE AGE OF THE STAFF IN UNION BANK IS SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT. OLD MEN AND WOMEN WITH NO SENSE OF DIRECTION. IF YOU GIVE THEM YOUR CHECK, THEY WILL LOOK AT YOU,  LOOK AT THE COMPUTER AND LATER TAKE THE CHECK INSIDE AND COME BACK AND CONTINUE MOPPING ON YOU AND THE COMPUTER . IN FACT, I WONDER WHY THEY STILL RETAIN THIS KIND OF STAFF WHEN QUALIFIED YOUTHS ARE ROOMING THE STREET LOOKING FOR JOBS. THAT BANK IS THE WORST BANK, SECONDED BY AFRIBANK. MUMU BANK. PAID IN MONEY INTO AN ACCOUNT WITH THEIR IKORODU BRANCH AND IT TOOK WAR FOR THEM TO CREDIT THE ACCOUNT AFTER ONE WHOLE WEEK.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by deebabi: 9:02pm On Mar 03, 2011
the worst bank for me is union bank fulled with clumsy big asssed old women tongue
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by julioralph(m): 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2011
best bank = GTB
worst bank = Union Bank!-- Big, Strong but UNRELIABLE! cheesy cheesy
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 03, 2011
AFRIBANK is ssoooooooooooo anoyin.i requested 4 atm card.it tuk dem weeks to print out d request form to fill.afta filin it.it tuk ova one yr 4 dem to gime an atm card. (i opened an acount with dem afta a felow corper friend convinced me to bank with dem,as she was a marketer den.so to honour ha i did.)can u bliv dat afta my one yr service dey gave me d card. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry angry angry angry
oceanic is anoda horible bank wit angryh terible customer service.i opened an acount with dem afta my youth service n to colect pin na wahala.com tomoro,com next tomoro.so i got pised n asked d customer kia guy dat woso with my in na n he dint ansa me.i said excuse me mr,im talkin to u n he waqs like am i playin here.cant u c am busy with my system.i left there angrily n askd 4 my account to be close
went to union bank,asked on how ill open an account with dem,i was met with.rude customer service.old frustrated lukin women with big stomachs n short lukin men who draged dia trousers up to half of dia stomach
infact i can go on n on.leme stop here
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by darqly(m): 11:34pm On Mar 03, 2011
AYO GHANDI:

WEMA Bank is undoubtedly the worst Bank in Nigeria - Cobweb/Spider infested offices, Stinking window blinds, Dirty walls, Okrika clothings worn by Cashiers & Customer Service Staff, etc. I will rather keep my money inside GEEPEE Tank than bank with WEMA. Sango - Ota Branch in Ogun State and Ist Branch by the main market in Ado - Ekiti are more guilty. It is closely followed by UNION Bank with their Lord Lugard type buildings / battered staff.  They will always ask u to drop your cheque to later come back to pick your cash if u are drawing above 200k. ZENITH, ECOBANK, STANDARD CHARTERED & STANBIC-IBTC are the best any time any day for efficiency, service delivery,etc
lol at the okrika clothing barb. Its our privilege to moan about what we percieve as lousy service, but how many of us are actually willing or able to pay for premium service? And I see nothing wrong in queueing for a service, takes nothing away from you but trust us with our BIGman mentality and craze for movement with no real motion.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by sgtinfo(f): 3:57am On Mar 04, 2011
It's hard but i'll advise AFRIBANK, WEMA Bank and UNION BANK to sue you if one of them does not win the contest.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by danidon: 5:22am On Mar 04, 2011
Guys, in your best interest, just cross over to Zenith Bank. Those guys listened to complaints made about them and have drastically changed for good. The staff are always conscious of the customer because of the strict disciplinary measures i learnt they impose on service failures. Their ATM seems to be the only one that works on weekends, and their newly introduced zenithdirect is a bomb. Lastly, while other banks are busy sacking left, right and centre, they have employed over 400 new staff, i learnt in the last 3months and just reviewed their staff packages upwards, but one plea, 'please they shld try and accommodate more small customers because their initial account opening balance for us down town is quite high.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by sgtinfo(f): 5:32am On Mar 04, 2011
Are you sure?

What about GTBank & Skye?
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Onei: 7:02am On Mar 04, 2011
@dowjones: I believe you sound out of point as per pregnant women working in Union Bank. It is no crime to be in such a beautiful and wonderful state.
@All: Mind if we specify the terms of reference for qualifying a bank as the worst? For instance - staff attitude, quality of service, timely response to customer complaints, branch outlook, etc. If we have no areas of interest, then all Nigerian banks will find their names on this list.
And I believe the name of only one(1) bank will do - WORST it reads, not WORST 5.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Bobajo(m): 10:26am On Mar 04, 2011
UBA has to be the worst> Useless bank debited my account to negative even when i was not withdrawing money (they said it is account maintenance charges). I don dash dem both the money and the accounts - one current, one savings. I dey wait for day when dem go write me letter say i dey owe them, make i come sue them for defamation of character. Useless stupid people. yeye dey smell angry

1 Like

Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by One4you: 10:55am On Mar 04, 2011
You guys dnt know anything U.B.A is the worstest of all
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Natasha2(f): 11:06am On Mar 04, 2011
its CBN CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA grin grin grin grin grin grin
like seriously i don't know but i think its Union bank gosh their building here is just like prison angry i'm sure they don't have ac''s damn that bank is drrrryyy i love fist bank cheesy and Diamond bank not forgetting Zenith bank cheesy
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by mbulela: 5:18pm On Mar 04, 2011
asamuel:

No sir, crowd in a bank is not a sign of growth. Bank of America has more customers and we don't see crowd there. In the US, you deposit both cash and cheque into ATM machine. When I came to Nigeria and I discovered that Nigerian banks are declaring billions of Naira profit without ATM friendly services, they fell my hand.

GTB has lost service; this is not the GTB of Fola Adeola's days. GBAM!

the comparison is not valid.
Bank of America operates in an environment where you can buy the world with a card.
you can live for a month without touching cash.

ours is a cash based society.
it is not GTB et al's fault.
it is a regular occurrence to see folks cashing 15 million in the bank.
do you know how long it takes to count (even with a counting machine).
how many POS terminals do you see in the country?
how many Nigerians have credit card?
do you know the state of the financial system's credit beaureu?
you can't get more than 100k from the ATM yet i can count five things you would do in a week that would individually cost more than 100k.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Phlota(f): 5:56pm On Mar 04, 2011
it jst has 2 b btw UBA, Skye, Union nd GTB
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by okogasir(m): 6:26pm On Mar 04, 2011
if you haven't been to ETB do not post any comment
How do you explain a bank that is more interested in making profit selling GLO recharge cards.
you may even mistake d bank for Mr. Biggs when you pass by.

i have a long history with them, so, trust me , this from experience

Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by sgtinfo(f): 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2011
okogasir:

if you haven't been to ETB do not post any comment
How do you explain a bank that is more interested in making profit selling GLO recharge cards.
you may even mistake d bank for Mr. Biggs when you pass by.

i have a long history with them, so, trust me , this from experience

Let's be sincere ETB could never be the worst. Here are u putting Union & Afribank. I hate going to does banks. They remind me of the eddies.

I think they are keep them for this artist that might love to shot an ancient film.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Appointed Vice President of Save The Children (Photo) / Do You Want To Win Football Pool This Week 27? / How To Make Money From Online Surveys Here In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.