Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Worst Bank In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Worst Bank In Nigeria (22618 Views)

GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With / Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Tokotaya: 6:08pm On Mar 02, 2011
d7thcaller:

I'm surprised that GTB still subject her customers to this kind of stress. Way back in 2007 when I obtained my Mastercard from them it was hell retrieving my funds ones deposited into the card, I remember spending over N5,000 on phone calls just to lay my complains to their Mastercard Unit at Lagos. My funds was trapped for over 6 months before I could withdraw it.
Tokotaya I suspect you tried using your card when there was no network and ones you do that it will take about 1-3 weeks for the system to revert (judging from what I use to encounter before), however send a mail to "cardservices@gtbplc.com" and try using Ecobank Master Card ATM that was my saviour then.
Hope this helps.
Thanks, bro. Will try the email thing.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by nethacker(m): 6:11pm On Mar 02, 2011
Tokotaya:

Thanks, bro. Will try the email thing.
if u r conversant with lagos island or victoria island, go to gtbank on tiamiyu savage street, d same street where terra kulture is, and ask of mastercard services unit. Lodge ur complaints and i believe u'll be fine. better still, send a mail to cardservices@gtbank.com and copy cardservices@gtbplc.com
my 2 cents wink
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by hollyjolly: 6:23pm On Mar 02, 2011
Union Bank should take the prize without question, there system is always down, the whole of yesterday NO branch in lagos was on,can you imagine.

Gtbank is trying pls they try, its just too much customer for them to handle. They should do something fast though.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Tokotaya: 6:24pm On Mar 02, 2011
nethacker:

if u r conversant with lagos island or victoria island, go to gtbank on tiamiyu savage street, d same street where terra kulture is, and ask of mastercard services unit. Lodge your complaints and i believe u'll be fine. better still, send a mail to cardservices@gtbank.com and copy cardservices@gtbplc.com
my 2 cents wink

I appreciate.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 02, 2011
Best Bank in Nigeria or worst bank in Nigeria in terms of what?
Customer Service delivery, Technology, Capital base, infastructure, impact on the society, Staff welfare.
Well i give my best bank to ZENITH and worst hmmmm i dont kind of know for now. I havent thought about it yet. May be when i do, i will get back here
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by raptainer(m): 6:35pm On Mar 02, 2011
oceanic bank is the worst bank in d whole wide world
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Btruth: 6:38pm On Mar 02, 2011
Well so far guys,  which of this Banks can be manage? or are you guys suggesting that I should open a new account with Central Bank? and

how reliable is the Central Bank too?

cool
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 02, 2011
Worst bank? It just has to be Afribank!
I remember those days of JAMB form purchase.

Kai , i soooo hated them! and promised myself i was never gonna bank with them when school days were over.
And i never did.

Gtb is a good bank. Just that they were overwhelmed when there was an influx of retail customers from the banks affected by the Sanusi tsunami.
And i think that is why they jacked up their account opening balance to 50K so as to discourage new customers.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by buzugee(m): 6:42pm On Mar 02, 2011
chase bank. the interest rate is atrocious. they charge you for almost anything under the sun, matta fact they will start charging $12 monthly fee just for having their account. if you as much as sneeze on their atm machine they will charge you. i miss WAMU
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Exponental(m): 6:43pm On Mar 02, 2011
Experience is the best teacher!
WEMA has record had it, has all its branch offices leased to them by one of someone (diff customas) they loaned!
Wema, too porous. I had to work on d system myself as a customer wen I needed infomation from dem, no body to attend to me
Gtb, Too much crowd. I cant imagine knowing that Gtb just opened in Alaba Intl market in Lagos abt 2yrs ago.
UBA, for the old skools. Differs in different branches. Most of which are annoying.
1st Bank, Dont care abt ur feelins
etc

Experiences differs by branches
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by tlops(m): 6:51pm On Mar 02, 2011
Afribank, hmm wondering!
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 7:12pm On Mar 02, 2011
buzugee:

chase bank. the interest rate is atrocious. they charge you for almost anything under the sun, matta fact they will start charging $12 monthly fee just for having their account. if you as much as sneeze on their atm machine they will charge you. i miss WAMU

Chase bank works for me
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by djcrucifix(m): 7:13pm On Mar 02, 2011
i'll go for union bank, my gawd! i don't see any fresh, young person there, they are all old and wrinkly, u go dey fear to dey enter d bank sef, dayum! *shakin*
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Xfactoria: 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2011
hollyjolly:

Union Bank should take the prize without question, there system is always down, the whole of yesterday NO branch in lagos was on,can you imagine.

Gtbank is trying pls they try, its just too much customer for them to handle. They should do something fast though.

Some of you are ill-informed to comment on this topic.

The experience you had with Union Bank yesterday must have been because of what they call "End of Month" run. It is a system driven update of all ledgers and its normally done at the end of the month. The run started at mid-night on Feb 28 and inadvertently extended till daytime on March 01. It was an unusual thing that it took longer this time and it is not peculiar to Union Bank, it happens in other banks but maybe at different times and frequency.

That said, it is completely unfair to judge a bank by one experience you have had with them. Personally, I adjuge GTB the best but I have also had some rough times with them too.

It would seem more objective if you narrow it down to branches. I have had a waoh experience in a Union Bank branch before and some GTB branches aint just it in terms of customer service.

Overall, the objective analysis by KPMG provides more insight on how to judge banks. Go download their 2010 report from their website. It is free.

TALK IS CHEAP!
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Xfactoria: 7:21pm On Mar 02, 2011
djcrucifix:

i'll go for union bank, my gawd! i don't see any fresh, young person there, they are all old and wrinkly, u go dey fear to dey enter d bank sef, dayum! *shakin*

Which branch did you go to?? I am aware that the bank recruited over 1,000 graduates in the last one year out which about 250 are chattered accountants and they are scattered accross their branches.

So the absence of young people, according to you, makes them the worst bank?? Amazing reasoning!!!!!
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by dejavume: 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2011
HAVE U EVER DEPOSITED MONEY,AND NEVER GOT CREDIT ALERT
HAVE U EVER WITHDRAWN MONEY AND NEVER GOT DEBIT ALERT
GTB!!!!!!!!
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by stone07(m): 7:54pm On Mar 02, 2011
@raptainer oceanic bank is the worst bank in d whole wide world.That is the truth.Try oceanic bank u will come out with disappointment.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by sley4life(m): 8:23pm On Mar 02, 2011
wema bank, fidelity, sky,unity, oceanic
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by chukxy44(m): 8:26pm On Mar 02, 2011
Most times I see pointless arguments, expect for one or two comments others have been baseless, judging from the comments so far, most of the poster (expect those on GTB) have visited the so called worst banks in recent time.
For instance someone talked of the change in FINbank and sure that made sense but when people made comments on Wema Bank it got me luaghing, do we just post becose others have just done that, I have visted quite a number of Wema Bank branches this year I must confession the Bank has changed. I now have a Wema mobile for all Banking transcations (No subscription charges), they even have cardless cash, and alot of package, so many great things alot different from the old bank I use to know, so before u comment just visit the bank you about to label worst some of the banks have improved and like I said when has greatly imporved and is a world class standard Bank.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by aparta(m): 8:33pm On Mar 02, 2011
i use Gtb and i really find their service very very very very annoying. there only alert you when u are about to withdraw but no alert when you are being sent money. their customer care is so so so so so so so so offensive. especially the girl in the branch where i patronise she act as if she is the oldest woman on earth i pray she get a good husband. Afribank, wetin u find go there i beg go give your money to baba alajo
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by samsaro: 8:47pm On Mar 02, 2011
in kaduna,oceanic bank is the worst ask anyone in kd.no doubt.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by chigo4u: 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2011
like seriously, some guys still bank with union bank in this age and time?
The worst bank for me in Nigeria has to be UBA. They make sure they share the money you have with them. They take half while you take half.
All the banks are below par sha. I moved to gtb but gosh, customer service is poor, their ATM is not reliable at all. Nawa.
Nigerian banks has to step up their game sha. How will you enter a bank and their will be no space to even stand. Customer service is very poor. Am thinking of moving to Diamond or Zennith bank. Please you guys should brief me about those banks. I think they are good. GTB is supposed to be nice but they have more customers than they can handle now.
Nigerian banks step up abeg. All of una
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by andyanders: 9:17pm On Mar 02, 2011
AFRI BANK; UNION
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by md4real(m): 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2011
I stay in kaduna and had dealings with most of the banks. Le me share my expierience

union bank: outadated, always having network problem on the counter and believe me, none of thier atm machine within kaduna environs is working. But they have efficent staff and good customer service.

Afri bank, almost empty most of the time. Thier major shortcomig is it atms too. Too cash an amount that is more than 200k, you are aking for a problem.

UBA: useless bank of african. Slow pace workers, long que on the atm, too many coustomer and network problem.

First bank: the best to me in kaduna. Got plenty coustomers but reciprocated by opening more branches within the metropolis.

Oceanic bank, kai i cant work. Very useless people.bad costomer service, bad counter/teller attendants. All of them are very arrogant.

As for eco bank, no carry big money go there o. You go tire for that small stuffy bulk room.

As for intercontinental, i stopped banking after my money was disappering without trace.

The worst,, UBA
the best, first bank
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by md4real(m): 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2011
I stay in kaduna and had dealings with most of the banks. Le me share my expierience

union bank: outadated, always having network problem on the counter and believe me, none of thier atm machine within kaduna environs is working. But they have efficent staff and good customer service.

Afri bank, almost empty most of the time. Thier major shortcomig is it atms too. Too cash an amount that is more than 200k, you are aking for a problem.

UBA: useless bank of african. Slow pace workers, long que on the atm, too many coustomer and network problem.

First bank: the best to me in kaduna. Got plenty coustomers but reciprocated by opening more branches within the metropolis.

Oceanic bank, kai i cant work. Very useless people.bad costomer service, bad counter/teller attendants. All of them are very arrogant.

As for eco bank, no carry big money go there o. You go tire for that small stuffy bulk room.

As for intercontinental, i stopped banking after my money was disappering without trace.

The worst,, UBA
the best, first bank
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by agentzakky(m): 9:29pm On Mar 02, 2011
UBA!!! You dont need to go to the counter before you are charged.
You are charged for passing in front of any of their branch;
you are charged for watching their advert;
I guess i'm even charged for this.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by nethacker(m): 9:37pm On Mar 02, 2011
agent zakky:

UBA!!! You dont need to go to the counter before you are charged.
You are charged for passing in front of any of their branch;
you are charged for watching their advert;
I guess i'm even charged for this.

^^^^ grin grin grin grin grin grin lwkmd!!

aparta:

i use Gtb and i really find their service very very very very annoying. there only alert you when u are about to withdraw but no alert when you are being sent money. their customer care is so so so so so so so so offensive. especially the girl in the branch where i patronise she act as if she is the oldest woman on earth i pray she get a good husband. Afribank, wetin u find go there i beg go give your money to baba alajo
wats d lady's name n which branch?
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Chubhie: 9:55pm On Mar 02, 2011
Don't know wetin i do GTB o. Went to use the atm around 6pm today and discovered that 2k don develop legs waka from my account! This is the third time am observing this o! This is quite unfair!!! Am getn a new account with UBA OR ZENIT tomorw morning. Guess my small change is no longer safe with GTB!
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by stone07(m): 10:19pm On Mar 02, 2011
UBA,the Unable Bank of Africa.If u are looking for useless entity go and bank with them.I remember when my Oga open an account for me with 5000.An alert was sent to me that my balance is 390 0.Oceanic bank in Ilorin is a big palava,dead ATM machine,unavailability of ATM pin code to activate your card,poor customer service,issuing of invalid ATM pin code,staff lateness to work,charges for new ATM card that has not been issue to the owners etc.CBN should do something now or else,dont let me talk.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by shollyaj(m): 10:22pm On Mar 02, 2011
First Inland Bank, now Fin Bank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Appointed Vice President of Save The Children (Photo) / How To Make Money From Online Surveys Here In Nigeria / Do You Want To Win Football Pool This Week 27?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.