Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Worst Bank In Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Worst Bank In Nigeria (22581 Views)

GTB Bank, Worst Bank To Have A Current Account With / Beware Of Union Bank of Nigeria PLC: The Worst Bank In Nigeria? 2008-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by MMM2(m): 10:26pm On Mar 02, 2011
almost de whole bank in 9ja are fu-cked up with slow service.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by ukchy: 10:29pm On Mar 02, 2011
GUYS, GTBANK is the worst now.
The crowd there scares me, grin,i spend 2hrs just to pay N5,000 for my sister,and their staff will be posing for you.Just to collect money from ATM,I stayed under sun for 1:30 mins shocked.it wasn't funny at all,Nobody told me to withdraw all my account with immediate alacrity and ran to Diamond bank and they are doing me well.

UBA, They are OLE OLE OLE

AfriBaNK, They are confuse and old fashion,Na old age dey worry them.

Union bank,Na old grammer school,Have you seen Bank with celinfan and That bill board they called computer, They are tooooo dirty and old for me.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by keleto(m): 10:32pm On Mar 02, 2011
my brothers, the wost bank in nigeria is UBA. Specifically, the one at Dopemu, Underbridge B/S along Abeokuta express way.their customer care officers are nothing more than shit, especially one pregnant girl at the customer service desk.dey begged me to deposit my money, only to inform me after some weeks that my document are not complete.now they said i cant withdraw the money, not knowing that one of their staff have stolen the money.now they are confussed, dnt knw were to get the fund to pay my money. They are in soup. Am ready to fight to the last.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Acapunture: 10:33pm On Mar 02, 2011
I think its UBA , most times they don't lipsrsealed cry always have network on there ATM machine ,,yes UBA
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by DonUmeh(m): 10:37pm On Mar 02, 2011
Can't believe the changes i saw in most union bank branchs recently: young and fresh graduates as staff, prompt customer service and better banking environment, even their eproducts are working better than what i got in GTB. I even do most of my banking transactions in my office courtesy of their unionmobile product. Infact quite unlike Union bank i used to know, i was treated like a king.
They even paid me a visit in my office all in the name of customer relationship management.
Honestly i was impressed and i would like to continue banking with them.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by fxtopedia(m): 10:41pm On Mar 02, 2011
Don Umeh:

Can't believe the changes i saw in most union bank branchs recently: young and fresh graduates as staff, prompt customer service and better banking environment, even their eproducts are working better than what i got in GTB. I even do most of my banking transactions in my office courtesy of their unionmobile product. Infact quite unlike Union bank i used to know, i was treated like a king.
They even paid me a visit in my office all in the name of customer relationship management.

hmmm, I hope you are not a worker. lol
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by princeonx: 10:55pm On Mar 02, 2011
Any bank displaying a screen or board with foreign currencies at bank rate yet cant exchange or convert 5hi7 is a useless bank as far as am concerned.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by keleto(m): 11:01pm On Mar 02, 2011
i beg una in the name of God,make no one make mistake go UBA ,especially dat dopemu, underbridge b/s branch in lagos.i told them i would call in AIT to hear my story.they will just share ur money among theirselves.i also told them to wait for my report on PUNCH NEWSPAPER.thieves. The best bank still remain skybank.i like springbank too,becos them go prepare jollof rice for you,wen you are making any transaction.but their staff dey always feel sleepy because they have no client to attend to.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2011
Was at a branch of Union bank last November to pay a cheque in and was told that network was down. What the bleep !!! , , a banks network is down, seems it was a norm from the way the cashier responded  angry  , later went to PHB later in the day, the bank looked like a shack. . I Was also Stanbic IBTC the following day, what a relief, that looked like a proper bank except the customer service officer there was feeling like she was the Queen of England,   cool
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by owobokiri(m): 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2011
UNION BANK : they boast of the RUDEST staff and their female cashiers are ALWAYS pregnant like she-goats! have you seen the mainframe computers they use ?

I guess if your wife is working in a Nigerian bank, the best way to save her from the hungry lions aiming for her abunna is to keep her pepertualy pregnant. Maybe that works,

As for AFRIBANK, that one na bank for meat sellers. The day they finally make me the CBN chief, I will Lamidonize and Soludonize that bank.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by nethacker(m): 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2011
saxywale:

Was at a branch of Union bank last November to pay a cheque in and was told that network was down. What the bleep !!! , , a banks network is down, seems it was a norm from the way the cashier responded  angry  , later went to PHB later in the day, the bank looked like a shack. Considering the fact that I work for a bank in UK, then I realized that Nigeria is like 100 years behind in technology. I Was also Stanbic IBTC the following day, what a relief, that looked like a proper bank[i] except the customer service officer there was feeling like she was the Queen of England, [/i]  cool
@bolded,wat do u expect, she is a banker  grin grin

Don Umeh:

What u experienced is marketing strategy.all banks had done so in the past.wait until they hit the expected customer base then u'll sing a new song  grin grin
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Ayotemiluv: 11:36pm On Mar 02, 2011
agent zakky:

UBA!!! You dont need to go to the counter before you are charged.
You are charged for passing in front of any of their branch;
you are charged for watching their advert;
I guess i'm even charged for this.

Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Ayotemiluv: 11:50pm On Mar 02, 2011
.YES UBA(unjust,useless & unstable bank of africa) Is d WORSTEST BANK IN NIGERIA.2ruly u ar charge 4 evrytin including d sand dat ur shoe brings.Wen u ar sent 7500 pls dnt expct 2 collect it fully.because by d time u wil get der it is 7320 u wil meet.Infact i regret banking wit UBA
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by IdeyVex1(m): 12:04am On Mar 03, 2011
Quote from: darne on Today at 05:33:43 PM
GTB are the worst,, If you`re depositing 1o naira, i swear you`ll wait for more than 30 minutes,, And they are charging 1% on withdrawals from all savings account, if i`m sending 6k to my hommie in school, its must for me to add 300 naira for him so that he`ll get his 6k or else they`ll deduct the money from his account and that is so so bad !!

I don't think I agree with this quote. I bank with GTB and they don't charge 1% on withdrawals!!! They only charge 100 naira for all withdrawals below 60k. This is to encourage use of the ATM. And it has been my experience that when the ATM is problematic, this charge is immediately suspended. I have banked with GTB for the past 3 years and the experience has been wonderful!!
I had earlier banked with Zenith, Oceanic, UBA and Intercontinental and GTB still remains the best.

as per OP: Worst Bank in Nigeria is UBA. This bank will charge you for everything including depositing money. Check it out for a current account, you pay: COT, Mgt Fee, ATM Fee, etc. etc, grin
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by IdeyVex1(m): 12:16am On Mar 03, 2011
Ayotemiluv:

Very Funny but true
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by maxproxl: 12:39am On Mar 03, 2011
its between wema & union. very poor customer service and low standard banking hall with outdated equipments. first bank and uba has really improved. Gtb only need to create more branches as they have more customers than any other bank. zenith is superb. sterling & bankphb is improving. oceanic, fidelity, skye & intercontinental is okay. generally our banks are not doing badly & have stepped up since sanusi took over. but WEMA & UNION are the worst in my own opinion,
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:09am On Mar 03, 2011
Im surprised everyone here didnt mention ATM fraud.
Oceanic cleaned up my account completely. No texts, three withdrawals within 2 days and out goes 182,000. And it was done in December!
I am just getting back on my feet! angry
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by fafie02: 1:11am On Mar 03, 2011
Each bank has her peculiar issues, while some have become worse over time; others have become better.

UBA: I don't bank with them but hear complaints about their unreasonable charges and dissatisfied customer facing staff.

However, two real banks worth considering for excellence in the nation's industry: 

GTB: Known for Customer service, Good ambience and a feeling of youthful freedom, ; They are fast losing out by acting contrary to this initial charm combination, I think Guaranty should realize their customer base has increased and should do the needful. I'm an e-Banking inclined person, but I believe customers should be convinced on a channel rather than surcharged to encourage use of ATMs.
FBN: Known for branch spread, safety of funds and forward-looking moves,  ;This trans-generational Bank which appears to have "grown younger with age" is doing a good job with their transformation drive which has led to better services and top competitive edge amongst the 24, Along with their unmatched global acceptance, they've proved to be true to their name and logo, dependable & dynamic, I'd rather tranzact with my hard earned funds here rather than experiment with it.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by stmarc32(m): 2:48am On Mar 03, 2011
I'd say First Bank and Wema bank, slow and very useless
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by aspabay(m): 7:54am On Mar 03, 2011
The best is Sterling Bank, excellent customer service
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by ddiamond(f): 8:23am On Mar 03, 2011
skye to toooooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwww
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by forkadict(m): 9:01am On Mar 03, 2011
aasog1:

Im surprised everyone here didnt mention ATM fraud.
Oceanic cleaned up my account completely. No texts, three withdrawals within 2 days and out goes 182,000. And it was done in December!
I am just getting back on my feet! angry

You strike me as a very very rich guy. 182k gone just like that? Maguy, so what have you done or are you doing to get your money back to the last kobo?Abeg i no sabi english. If na me ehn, i go don go dem head office for Ozumba Mbadiwe go cause SERIOUS gbege for there. God go punish dem punish dem papa and mama. na so e easy to get money? Arrant nonsene!!!
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by delimit(m): 9:08am On Mar 03, 2011
Zenith Bank
you can only get 20k from their ATM at once and N65 transcation charges per ATM transcation
if you problem with your ATM,you have to call the numbers at the back of your card because their customer service is dead
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by pinkrex(m): 9:21am On Mar 03, 2011
When you judge a bank based on the youthfulness of their staff and not their services then yu are a, He goat or she goat. When yu judge a bank based on yur one time bad xperince then u must think this Bank is made cos of only yu. When yu bad Judge a bank cos of increase in the demand for their services without givin a possible solution den u don't knw how to think logically
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by swaggrbabe: 9:45am On Mar 03, 2011
Chubhie:

Don't know wetin i do GTB o. Went to use the atm around 6pm today and discovered that 2k don develop legs waka from my account! This is the third time am observing this o! This is quite unfair!!! Am getn a new account with UBA OR ZENIT tomorw morning. Guess my small change is no longer safe with GTB!
DONT TRY UBA DO YOU WANT TO BECOME KOBOLESS THEY ARE THEY THIEVIES O,ZENITH OR ACCESS BANKS ARE THEY BEST NO CROWD DURING FESTIVE PERIODS AND U DONT NEED THE STRESS OF PASSBOOKS.

NOBODY HAS MENTIONED UNITY BANK?
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by dellnet: 9:53am On Mar 03, 2011
The whole commercial banks in Nigeria are bleeped in comparison to banking around the world. In U.S, high school graduates run the banking hall that is from CS to cashiers etc. Probably only the manager has a higher education or if you go to special branches that do more than retail banking but still yet the banking operation is seamless and adequate.
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by asamuel: 10:00am On Mar 03, 2011
GTB, simply the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by saintchyco: 10:24am On Mar 03, 2011
Symptoms of a bad bank

1. To enjoy smooth service, you need to personally know a staff of the bank
2. If you are transacting services outside the branch where your account is domiciled, you experience hiccups
3. The TV is no longer showing a cable channel
4. The water dispenser is for staff only
5. The toilet reminds you of a waste dump
6. Customers on the queue frequently hiss
7. The amount of dust on the branch's ATM machine
8. Only one of several AC units function
9. You have to think of ways to jump the queue to pay in money
10. Customers are always asking to see the manager in an angry tone

THIS SOUNDS LIKE FIRST BANK CENTRAL AREAR ABUJA
IT TOOK ME 6MONTHS TO GET MY ATM CARD
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 03, 2011
Stealing UBA is the worst, I wonder why people still go there. They stole my 20k through their ATM and up till now have refused to pay back the money despite all the back and forth mails from my bank.

The best for me is GTB, followed closely by FBN (no unnecessary and dubious charges)
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by Guyman02: 10:58am On Mar 03, 2011
I searched for a branch of Sterling Bank all over Abuja and found one in an obscure one storey building in Wuse II, I came out and realised why the call themselves 'The One Customer Bank' they should rather change their slogan now to 'The One Branch Bank' grin grin grin
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by AYOGHANDI: 11:29am On Mar 03, 2011
WEMA Bank is undoubtedly the worst Bank in Nigeria - Cobweb/Spider infested offices, Stinking window blinds, Dirty walls, Okrika clothings worn by Cashiers & Customer Service Staff, etc. I will rather keep my money inside GEEPEE Tank than bank with WEMA. Sango - Ota Branch in Ogun State and Ist Branch by the main market in Ado - Ekiti are more guilty. It is closely followed by UNION Bank with their Lord Lugard type buildings / battered staff. They will always ask u to drop ur cheque to later come back to pick ur cash if u are drawing above 200k. ZENITH, ECOBANK, STANDARD CHARTERED & STANBIC-IBTC are the best any time any day for efficiency, service delivery,etc
Re: Worst Bank In Nigeria by asamuel: 11:32am On Mar 03, 2011
Have you gone to GTB lately? It's hell,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

$6.8 Billion Overdue Forward Payment Responsible For Naira’s Decline - Wale Edun / Crypto Dilemma: Banking Public, Regulators Differ On Cryptocurrencies / How To Make Money From Online Surveys Here In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.