Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me (49590 Views)

I Just Had My 4th Child At 26 / My Husband Flogs Me / Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 30, 2020
Organs:
In all of this, i have a question? There is this guy Righteousness89, that has a very stupid immature opinion and position and i can see some folks respecting the mumu guy and not coming out outrightly to call him out on his Buhari + Jonathan brain. Pls who is he for God's sake? is he a Mod or something?
grin which one is Buhari + jonathan brain

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by JIMMY1393: 12:37am On Sep 30, 2020
yungEX:

The title if the post says "At 26, His Father Still Flogs Him" not really difficult to deduce that OP is male.

do you need glasses? it says "At 26 my dad still flogs me"
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Sotland: 12:37am On Sep 30, 2020
Mindlog:

At his age, it is not right for the father to correct him through flogging. That your grandmother "dealt" with her married sons does not in any way justify such parenting style.

Flogging an adult child, regresses him/her, it hits negatively on their self-esteem.

He is his father's son.. It doesn't matter how old he is.. At 26, his father whipping him is not a sin most especially when he is still under his roof.. If he feels he is above whipping. He should find an amicable way to tell his father without rudeness or disobedience.. I have read a lot of negative comment that can influence OP negatively..

Op just be guided and remember that your parents deserve that honour.. Know how to pass your message to your father rightly oooo.. God bless you

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by CoolJulian: 12:39am On Sep 30, 2020
[quote author=hstar post=94452748]
Thanks
Would you mind sharing urs too, if I can learn two or three things there, please?

because for u to understand it, u must av passed 2ru it[/quote.

Experience, they say, is the best teacher!

If i were to tell, the story would be too long... It however affected my older siblings the most, cos i was not that mature at the time.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Timiblanko(m): 12:47am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

We had a long chat! If you have gone through our chats you won't pick on this..

Irrespective of Whatever you feel my Brother, your Appointment/ Dissappointment is Irrelevant!
The one Being I Strive not to Disappoint is My Father in Heaven..
By His Grace , I have not Disappointed him.
If I have, He will let me know or my Conscience will prick me..

IGod Bless you

Finally Nairalanders I think someone want to destroy this guys reputation by getting hold of his account...

But if eventually you are the one typing all this after all persuasion from people including wise people, then you need Christ that you preach always....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by JIMMY1393: 12:49am On Sep 30, 2020
linearity:

waiter is male and waitress is female....

oh its trueeee , i completely forgot, apologies
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by micflo28(m): 12:49am On Sep 30, 2020
Next time you are late, sleep over at a friend's place. No parent tolerates that. They are worried you are taking solace in bad gangs and may organize a hit on the family if care is not taken. Secondly, use your words well, shout and scream and scold him. He may throw you out, but just do it. Trust me, your mum will not let him do that. Above all, limit your night outings. Moderation is key. Hotels are reopening gradually, begin to prepare your former experiences to land another job so you get busy.

3 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Yankee101: 12:56am On Sep 30, 2020
You gotta try getting something to earn income and gain independence, visit a friend/uncle in a busy city like Lagos and try getting a job

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Edoziesmart(m): 1:04am On Sep 30, 2020
Prechgold1180:
How can your team Liverpool beat your dad arsenal 3-1 and you expect ur dad to be happy with you
To make matter worse

You were busy singing Liverpool anthem

on this my bro it seems you are walking alone

Packout or man up

I bet with my balls that you are not up to 25 years. All these children with their childish comments everywhere
#smh

2 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by koolaid87: 1:10am On Sep 30, 2020
You're a coward and a pvssy

Time to leave the house

Omo mummy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Iambro(m): 1:14am On Sep 30, 2020
same thing with me, I am 20yrs old
if I should start my own story I won't finish it.
my mom still beat me even tho I do charge.
She tore all my cloth, now I only have one T-Shirt and my bear chest. I can't go out anymore.
I am a terma 1 cadet at Nigerian police academy. when I got shortlisted I was so happy, not because of the admission but because I will be free from abuses.
Not until covid-19 made me returned home.
The one my father did that pained the most was during this lockdown down.
He sent a text message to my friend father that if they see me in their house they should send me away imagine??
They showed me the message and they were really angry at my father.

Right now am fucking depressed. I have tried to commit suicide several times cause i hate the bully and maltreatment in the name of correction. though I am not perfect.

I don't have any friends cause all of them are afraid of me/my parent.

I havent stepped outside for 1 week because I don't have any cloth to wear and they don't care. I pray my school resumes so I can be free from depression again.
I understand the poster plight very well it is what I am currently facing too.

sorry for my bad english.

2 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Kingdomcome: 1:27am On Sep 30, 2020
Can I have ur contact so I can find u small work. Ur story is pathetic please.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Oyerinde16(m): 1:37am On Sep 30, 2020
My dad can flog, chai i suffered in this world from flogging cot cee of P. man, but i had to put a stop to it at around 14-16 yrs. I remember the day he wanted to flog me, i held the cane, pulled it from his hand and threw it away, he was like what, gave me punches, i just stood still doing Odeshi, he went for the cane again, i held it, pulled it forcefully from his hand, broke it into pieces right in front of him before discarding it, we had this altercation for about 3 month with P, man always getting tougher until the day i told him point blank he should not try it... Mehn P,man was shocked if he uses his hands to hit me, i stood still he would get tired but he dare not use cane on me, before 17 i had my clean freedom, I thank my mom, she would be like dotun do you want to beat your fada, oya baba tunde you too leave him alone that beatings too have do... I love you momma....

To the op i think you are very stupid to allow your fada beat you at even 20 not to talk of 27... you better let your dad know you are now a fully grown up man and put a stop to that nonsense, If him no gree sound am better slap i tell you that is your freedom slap... let him know there are two ways to make it in this life, its either you make it while you struggle or you make it through him, if he did not create any meaningful channel for you to resume work in NNPC like is mates, he has no moral justification if you too did not resume work at NNPC... Wake up bro and work harder too...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Brunicekid(m): 1:49am On Sep 30, 2020
Kriss216:
You’re a good writer.

How you managed to skip your gender all through the post is orgasmic.
From the profile of the OP, it is a Male... Except, the story was written on behalf of someone else.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Queenserah26(f): 2:09am On Sep 30, 2020
Very true

Mindlog:

At his age, it is not right for the father to correct him through flogging. That your grandmother "dealt" with her married sons does not in any way justify such parenting style.

Flogging an adult child, regresses him/her, it hits negatively on their self-esteem.

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by ibrahim55(m): 2:14am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

you are Speaking English..
When you Become a father you will understand better the Importance of Discipline..
disciple an adult a full grown man at 26 by flogging? naa that shut stopped long before I became 26 lol
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by 1Sharon(f): 2:22am On Sep 30, 2020
puremaker7:
same thing my dad was doing when I was 25, I made him stop it in hard way, I changed it for him on that good night.
on that certain night, it was around 10:15 pm, I was coming from my babe, so my dad thought it was a business as usual, I collected the cane from him and destroyed it at the front of everybody in the house, then I issued a treat to him, never to try to flog me again, baba was scared like mad, though I tendered my appology to him the following morning for raising my voice at him.
This satisfied me smiley
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by 1Sharon(f): 2:32am On Sep 30, 2020
Clasmanj:
My Brother do Your Dad's biddings,
Seek His permission if You are to stay late,
Flogging you is not showing He hates You but to checkmate You
He is Your Dad respect Him by staying away from what He dislikes, at 26 You supposed to know Your Dad's rules and obey them, it's for Your betterment.
Don't fight Your Dad and do take care of your Dad and Yourself.
Your Dad loves You.

LOL.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by bigcasava1(m): 2:41am On Sep 30, 2020
I want to see your face

2 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by bigcasava1(m): 2:45am On Sep 30, 2020
situationreport:
Please is there anyone else experiencing what I'm passing through now, because it's making me sad and depressed I can't believe my dad still whips me at my age.. I don't want to confront him because, he's still my father even though I feel gutted for his actions

Yesterday I went to watch liverpool vs Arsenal match in a viewing center, and came back late at night by 9:55 pm, As soon as I came in, he was still awake in the parlor, what he did next was to use the cain he hid to start whipping me...i think is because I'm still living with him, at my age with no meaningful contribution right now, that's why

I have no where to go to, It seems I'm now a burden to them in our house...because I 'm currently jobless now and unemployed for six months now, due to this pandemic... I was initially working in the hospitality industry as a waiter, but was laid off at the beginning of the covid-19 pandemic, ever since then things have gone from bad to worse for me..... I'm broke to hell at the moment

I'm seriously depressed, I just wish I could relocate far away and look for something else to do, and fix my life back, but no where to go, I don't have anyone to help... � May God forgive me if I can't bear this anymore....

brother don't give up just hold on. I was ones in your shoe but God saw me through. Why not get closer to God in service and prayers he can't fail you.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Gabe427: 2:58am On Sep 30, 2020
I followed this thread page by page till the last page

What kept me going was Mr Righteousness.

I kept checking to make sure it was the original

And he's way of response today marks the day he casted I doubt anyone would take him serious again

E pain me small sah this goes to show no one is perfect don't model yourself after anyone they would disappoint you stick to your holy book mantra nature or wise quotes as that is your guide light

And Sir Righteousness89 if everyone says something even this who those who's share your faith and preach and stand for the same message as you do points out an error

But you insist in your way then.......

Omo see me they write epistle by 3 am

Abeg make I continue my hussle

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by madjune(m): 3:12am On Sep 30, 2020
Is your name Ozo?

If so, let the flogging continue.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by udemzyudex(m): 3:24am On Sep 30, 2020
Your father no wan respect himself.

Until he go lead you into temptation him eyes go clear grin

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by lereinter(m): 3:34am On Sep 30, 2020
Prechgold1180:
not everyone is Bleep broke like you ok
Get some life

Unbroken guy

In all your sojourn in US no 26yr is living with parents

You will die in US not nigeria o
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by mamajaz(f): 3:35am On Sep 30, 2020
So, in my house, I am the deputy parent ( being the first child, lol). You know how those parents handover their beating skills to you nah. Interestingly, my immediate younger brother came 6 years few months after me.

In our struggles to make it in life, I relocated him to my side when I was in U.I, he was battling WAEC, GCE, NECO, JAMB. I was responsible for his upkeep, exams and lesson fees.

One night like that ( devil drink water), he went to watch balls with a male friend ( my age mate), they have done that few nights before then and I'd warned him seriously that....this person is an undergraduate, if police hooked you guys, he will tender his student's ID but you have none. Besides, these people have good money, me was earning 12000 naira per month. I said we were together in this Agbowo when thieves and police fought dirty and exchanged guns that many lives were lost just in front of U.I one December night like that.This boy wouldn't heed my counsel.

He went and came back with his big brother around 1:00am.

They couldn't go back to U.I ( gates would have been closed at 12 midnight).

They came ohhhh, knocked at my door severely. I didn't open for them, they slept in a friend's room just adjacent to mine. Second day, I was going to work, I took my bath, locked my door, went to work. They had no access to food. Night was for vigil. I came....just like the angel told Laban as per Jacob when Laban went looking for his stolen idols...say neither good nor bad to my servant Jacob. I didn't say anything to them.

That night was a vigil, I went to church, met my brother reporting me to our fatherly pastor. I said thank God, because I've decided that I wouldn't say anything to anybody. After his reports, daddy mentioned his name, you've overstepped your boundaries...you know your sister doesn't play with you and your needs. How can you be night walking in hot zones like agbowo?

Daddy shaa pacified me, and I apologized to him ( my brother). I organized meal and he ate. I moved fast and reported the case to my mummy because I know that brother he followed out has a way of making you look demonic to others...

Long and short, we came back together as good brother and sister. That stopped the rubbish association he was forming. If I had beaten him, he might not beat me back but I doubt if we will be in great terms till date.

As at 12 my dad would be telling me, by the time you're a teenager, it is a shame on the family if we flog you. He was teaching me how to behave so nobody would bring cane near me. Well, they still did beat me pass that age but at least, I knew most of those beatings were with good intentions and not beyond my teen age anyway. Except mum who did occasionally push me out of annoyance. Nothing like disgraceful flogging.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by franugo(m): 3:45am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Your Father is your Father! He can correct as he wants !
My GrandFather Dealt with his sons who Where Married..
More so when you are still under his Roof!

I just know your case will be different

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by franugo(m): 3:53am On Sep 30, 2020
Mindlog:

You are certainly not because it is very dangerous to have a schizophrenic like you who exhibits religious delusions as a father because a child under you would have a higher outcome of becoming psychotic.

If the guy is half as annoying offline as he is here eh....God save his wife n kids
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by franugo(m): 4:02am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Dad Disciplined me very well..

Well at least now we know why you're unhinged..
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by franugo(m): 4:05am On Sep 30, 2020
KayCee92:
Firstly, I did not read the piece. Grandad aka Bitches aka Robert Jebediah Freeman will say "that is what grand kids are for" grin grin grin

I am the stones that the builders refused....
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by franugo(m): 4:11am On Sep 30, 2020
MrsRighteousness:
Proverb 29vs 15 The rod and reproof give wisdom, but a child left undisciplined brings his mother to shame.
Proverb 13vs 1 A WISE son heeds [and is the fruit of] his father's instruction and correction, but a scoffer listens not to rebuke.
Proverb 13vs24 Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.

They are freaking multiplying....

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Ebhod20(m): 4:23am On Sep 30, 2020
situationreport:

I don't have a laptop, I reside in Delta state
I have a loptop how do we meet my WhatsApp number is 080 pls 3286 I need it 3128

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys / No Age Limit: Can You Dress Up Your Daughter Looking This Hot? / Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.