Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me (49577 Views)

I Just Had My 4th Child At 26 / My Husband Flogs Me / Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by gees101(m): 7:51am On Sep 30, 2020
kherlly:
Hey bro calm down

At that age my dad still flog me so no big deal and I was working that period

Just do things the way he wants to avoid that and with time he will definitely stop.

Relocating is also good but who will you stay with? What bout job? Nobody will want a jobless someone to stay with him or her without lil contribution in this economy of ours.

May God give you the wisdom needed.

awwww , how old are you sir

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by DenreleDave(m): 7:53am On Sep 30, 2020
ModestGal:

Look at you, so your own solution is that the Op should have ran away , and because your grandfather/grandmother used to beat you with slippers when you were 20, then its normal. I can't believe I share thesame country with someone who reason the way you do, supporting violence, abuse, bullying just because your grandparents did that to you.

How will someone like you treat a Maid? If you support treating a grown up child this way?

I'm sure you will be waking your maid up with cold water. What is wrong is wrong

If u can't read well, u dnt deserve my time.

Bolded one, I was giving u an instance dt if a child know his parent wants to beat him or her, he will avoid getting close to them... I didn't say he will run away away.... U gat comprehension issue... I said IF

2nd, I was like 15 or 14 or so when grandma dey beat us...

Lastly, bcox ur parents are beating ur maid and waking her up with cold water doesn't mean others do it....

Bye
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by sulasa07(m): 7:54am On Sep 30, 2020
Kriss216:

That’s good.

You are 26, your father should accord you some respect. Flogging you like a kid should come with Resistance. You’re in your father’s house, when next your father misbehaves, tell him to move to his fathers‘ house.
Is he Zlatan? cheesy
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by jacoik(m): 7:54am On Sep 30, 2020
Richy4:
You are his son.. there's nothing like I have no place to go.. Display a little madness one day and it will stop... Everyone has that in him or her but we all control it..

he should have stopped doing that nonsense immediately u clocked 20 @ most.. It's in your hands to stop it... If he tries to do it next time shove him a little not enough to make him fall but enough to let him know you have had it up to your neck... let him know that that madness got to stop...

If he asked you to leave, tell him u are not leaving because u were in your father's house and if he's not he should point who your father is... I'm just mad right now at your docile way and
When you realise that your dad is bullying you and not correcting you,then it will stop..
mchwwwww!!!
guy you just said it all

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by gees101(m): 7:56am On Sep 30, 2020
Deborah98:
I thought I was alone,my dad still beats me at my age...am not even up to 22 sounds weird right...for me ooooh I think and feel he's only trying to tell me he's my father,and he has the right to discipline me...I just came across your post now so I will be suggesting you find something doing or if possible just leave the house for sometime...
22 and u be girl ,then u cum stubborn join , Aunty u qualify for proper beating, u never reach stage of freedom, in fact u nor go get freedom sef, because after ur dad na ur husband hand u go enter,but ur hubby nor go beat u nor fear
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by damoceile: 7:57am On Sep 30, 2020
my dad stopped using cane on me 9 yrs ago, now I'm 27yrs... the way I take change am for him that year ehn that day I can't rmbr what I did that day (but sha I didn't wrong him in anyway he's just fond of using the cane at every opportunity he gets) , he was standing mid way on the stairs holding a cane nd I was coming down the stairs it was from there I was started warning him sternly not to touch me with the cane or else I was going to push him down the stairs baba knows I'm not the talking type but once I do, i don't go bck on my words(I took that trait after him). my old man kukuma respected himself and stepped aside for me to pass...since then he stopped using cane on me and started talking to me man to man...

but I won't advice u do such since u don't have anything going on for you at the moment...

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by oyatz(m): 7:57am On Sep 30, 2020
1) Go out now and look for any construction site in your town.

2) Wake up by 5:30am, pray for 10mins and ask God to uplift you ,bless the works of your hands and remove reproach &shame from your life.

3) Go straight to the construction site and join the labourers. They normally finish by 4 pm. Continue to this work (3days work, rest on the 4th day)

4) When you get your first pay (it's usually daily pay) buy a wine/whiskey for your dad if he drinks or a plate of pepper soup if he doesn't.
Just say you bought something for him out of your hustling today, don't say anything else

5) Join a contributory thrift scheme (Ajo/Esusu). Avoid Gambling, womanizing or drinking for now.

6)After a week, branch at the market, buy 10Kg bag of Semo or tubers of Yams +5 litres of red oil and give them to your mum.

7) Continue on the job while looking for other jobs/business that suit your taste/interests.

cool You may not have the luxury of time/energy to be going out to watch Football matches because the little time you will have when you reach home will be to eat, bath, relax with your family , listen to news and sleep.

9) When you get you get your contribution from the Esusu/Ajo, go and buy a wheel barrow, digger, headpan and shovel and start renting them out .
With time, add sales of nails, roofing sheets, cement and other building materials

10) Look for a good lady to be your wife.

11) Watch as the family respect you more especially when you must have rented or build your own apartment.

12) Thank me later.

4 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by ModestGal(f): 8:02am On Sep 30, 2020
DenreleDave:

If u can't read well, u dnt deserve my time.

Bolded one, I was giving u an instance dt if a child know his parent wants to beat him or her, he will avoid getting close to them... I didn't say he will run away away.... U gat comprehension issue... I said IF

2nd, I was like 15 or 14 or so when grandma dey beat us...

Lastly, bcox ur parents are beating ur maid and waking her up with cold water doesn't mean others do it....

Bye
Lol, it pains you? Well if it pains you enough, then stop supporting violence because your grandparents are abusive, beating you with slippers, also, try get some mental help, so you can heal up from your childhood violence memory, and not transfer it to your innocent children.

That's my advice for you this morning, Goodluck with that
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by DenreleDave(m): 8:06am On Sep 30, 2020
ModestGal:

Lol, it pains you? Well if it pains you enough, then stop supporting violence because your grandparents are abusive, beating you with slippers, also, try get some mental help, so you can heal up from your childhood violence memory, and not transfer it to your innocent children.

That's my advice for you this morning, Goodluck with that

Balderdash.. I am pained b4 u cant comprehend the simply English I typed....

U don't know me, I don't know u..
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by GiZcorp: 8:08am On Sep 30, 2020
Kriss216:
You’re a good writer.

How you managed to skip your gender all through the post is orgasmic.
From the write up the writer said he went to watch match which gender often does that? And he also said he used to work as a "waiter" again I don't see the word waiter been associated with a female gender. Let's just try to read and understand before rushing to comment pls
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by GiZcorp: 8:10am On Sep 30, 2020
Kriss216:
You’re a good writer.

From the write up the writer said he went to watch match which gender often does that? And he also said he used to work as a "waiter" again I don't see the word waiter been associated with a female gender. Let's just try to read and understand before rushing to comment pls.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by tunize(m): 8:13am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:
Your Father is your Father! He can correct as he wants !
My GrandFather Dealt with his sons who Where Married..
More so when you are still under his Roof!
Guy waitn you dey talk come out for mouth even God the creator gave Jesus free hand to do things. Na so your own parent deh beat you?
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by alexola20(m): 8:15am On Sep 30, 2020
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by alexola20(m): 8:16am On Sep 30, 2020
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by 21cents: 8:16am On Sep 30, 2020
na see finish cause all these. I thank God for myself Sha and doing ok independently cos otherwise I know the kind of hell my dad would've put me through. and I can tell you with all confidence that my dad can never have the balls to hit me right now at 26, no be say I go beat am but guy levels don change.

even these days he's subtly complaining at home to my mom and siblings that he hasn't got anyone to take care of him, that none of his children could buy him sallah ram for celebrations.

he was literally comparing me to his neighbour's working children who bought their dad cow for sallah. -all those complaints was forwarded to me indirectly over the phone by my siblings cos as a calm dude since day one, he knows I could lose it if he tells me directly as he sure knows I'm doing well paying my bills myself and I could survive without him. like hell I left home at 22 and started paying my bills since then and was surprised I could pull it off for 4 yrs now so soon cos his bickering at home isn't pleasing to anyone at all.

even when I pay his house a visit, I don't spend more than 5 days before leaving. don't have the patience to tolerate him anymore so it's best i stay far away.

so my advice is for you to leave that house for him so that you can restore your confidence and ego as a man. get a skill - graphics, web development, etc. you won't regret it.

5 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Bobyro: 8:17am On Sep 30, 2020
GMBuhari:
that's not religion , that's culture #AfricanMentality

Oga the African mentality is the reason we're backward, don't bring shitty African values into this

2 Likes

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Bifrost: 8:17am On Sep 30, 2020
light099:
Seems your dad is a perpetual ass whooper and since you're not yet making him feel proud to be a father, by travelling down home in a sleek car, perhaps on some weekends and dropping fat envelope in his hands, the only other way he feels like a father is by whooping your ass.

Like people say, age is just a number, your parents start to regard you as an adult, the moment you're able to survive on your own and they can live off on you.
If you're 50 years old still living under your parents and also living off them, then you're still a kid to them anytime any day, and your sorry ass can be whooped real bad, if situation warrants it. You don't amount to shiit to them, and they can fvck you up big time, if you trespass.
Since, you're yet to clock the criteria of an adult, the only choice left is to continue enjoying the ass whooping, while you work hard in order to gather enough escape velocity to break away from all the gravity of joblessness, grounding your ass in your parents' house.

This is complete horseshït!
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by tunize(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2020
You self still living in your fathers house and keeping late na you do pass. If you want to be staying late or doing whatever you like go and rent your own house, the best your father can do is to shout or warn you not to whip you with a cane at 26. Next time collect whatever he is using to beat you and tell him it has to stop, I nor sey beat your papa oooh i sey do small shalaye for am that way e go stop

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Pamellakimona: 8:21am On Sep 30, 2020
Omihanifa:

He's obviously a male nah undecided

MY DEAR, I TIRE O. I DONT EXPECT A LADY THAT IS NOT "TOMBOY" TO BE VIEWING MATCH AT THAT TIME AND OUTSIDE THE HOME. SECONDLY, A LADY CAN NEVER BE A "WAITER". PEOPLE ONLY READ POST TO COMMENT AND NOT TO UNDERSTAND.

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Jalo60(m): 8:24am On Sep 30, 2020
Kriss216:
You’re a good writer.

everyone knows that he is a male from the statement.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Pamellakimona: 8:26am On Sep 30, 2020
He's obviously a male nah undecided [/quote]

MY DEAR, I TIRE O. I DONT EXPECT A LADY THAT IS NOT "TOMBOY" TO BE VIEWING MATCH AT THAT TIME AND OUTSIDE THE HOME. SECONDLY, A LADY CAN NEVER BE A "WAITER". PEOPLE ONLY READ POST TO COMMENT AND NOT TO UNDERSTAND.
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by GMBuhari: 8:33am On Sep 30, 2020
I am telling you what was narrated is not religion, and i didn't mention culture to glorify it , i am just explaining

Bobyro:

Oga the African mentality is the reason we're backward, don't bring shitty African values into this

but i don't expect you to understand that , I hope your foreign mentality has shot you into the future of not understanding anything
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Richy4(m): 8:34am On Sep 30, 2020
jacoik:
guy you just said it all

My brother thank you ooo

I wish this thread was not created.. There's this guy that I usually enjoy his write ups... These thread has exposed him big time..
Seeing his write ups today just makes me wonder if I can ever spare the time to read his post again without using this

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Midadeola(f): 8:35am On Sep 30, 2020
Ishilove:

Discipline you by flogging a full grown adult, irrespective of whether he is contributing to the family income? That's no longer discipline. That's criminal assault.
accurate!
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by ignis: 8:37am On Sep 30, 2020
nams77:

Are you serious? grin

Very serious
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Midadeola(f): 8:38am On Sep 30, 2020
Ishilove:

No wonder your mindset has been warped
NOTE; He didn't answer the question
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Audaite: 8:40am On Sep 30, 2020
With the phrase "went to watch Football", you are most likely to know by 99% that he is a guy....You are though correct about his Orgasmic writing skills!
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Midadeola(f): 8:41am On Sep 30, 2020
Uniquewise:
@Righteousness89, pls let go this argument because you're so wrong on this. Sometimes it's better to be silent, especially on a matter you obviously have no full understanding, like this one.

And - the father of OP is absolutely wrong to keep beating his full grown 26yrs son, regardless of his justification for doing so. For one, that man is unwittingly putting himself at risk of being hurt the day his son fails to reign in his anger and built up resentment at such shoddy treatment. I am the mother of an adult son and I had to learn to control my quick reflexes of hitting my son, when he started putting up resistance against such from me from the age of 16! Now, I talk to him, advice him, (and I found these to be more effective); but hit him? Never again! Parents, especially African parents should stop bullying their children, period.
Bullying is the word!

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by SirMichael1: 8:47am On Sep 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

you are Speaking English..
When you Become a father you will understand better the Importance of Discipline..
So at 26, the best way to discipline a child is using a rod? You religious fanatics have always, at important times, show you're deadbrains. If your solution to everything thing is hitting your child, what has that solved?
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Jodera: 8:48am On Sep 30, 2020
realestate99:

you are very wrong!! this is a very big low from you, replying someone in this manner is not cool, you must be able to tolerate other people's point of view, beating a 26 year old guy is not the wisest of decision, it is even dangerous to the old man, there are other ways of putting children on the right path, our parent's obsession with beating every time still did not absolve Nigeria from the moral decadence ravaging the country.
Lol... He's just a religious fanatic and nothing more. All he knows is how to throw Bible quotes up and down then have a condemnation speech to people about hell fire. Anything aside these, he's as uncouth as an unbeliever

1 Like

Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Resurgent2016: 8:48am On Sep 30, 2020
situationreport:

Thank you..

The next time your dad tries to physically assault you, you should resist him physically, not by beating him back sha, but at your age I'm sure your dad cannot single-handedly assault you except you consent to it.

Once you do that, he'll get the message
Re: At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me by Oshokalo: 8:49am On Sep 30, 2020
Kriss216:

Ladies watch football match too.
dats 1 over 50
before u see ladies 2,3 in a view center dem follow their boyfriend come watch match

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (21) (Reply)

11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys / No Age Limit: Can You Dress Up Your Daughter Looking This Hot? / Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.