Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. (84345 Views)

Zimbabweans React To Nigerian High-Speed Train / Malnourished Lions At Port Harcourt Zoo. Nigerians React To Photo / Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by chaloskyx: 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2020
YOU DONT NEED A VISA NOW YOU CAN CROSS THE SAHARA DESERT OR GO BY BOAT INSIDE A CONTAINER SINCE ANY MINUTE IN NIGERIA IS LIKE A DEATH SENTENSE FOR YOU DESPERATE TIMES CALLS FOR DESPERATE MEASURES
Olachase:
If I could get visa to live in this place, I just want to leave this country Nigeria kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Starzo: 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2020
God bless you for this
They will never learn
SegFault:
The resentment some Africans have for white people is distasteful, to show you your inferior complex, you are using the white man's land to justify your poverty stricken homes, can you see how dumb we are, why won't we run away when we sit down and fold our arms in the face of horrible situations, in America the minimum wage is really high about $2k or so but here how much do we earn and this is an idiots fcking problem, why can't you rise above the world with your own creativity yet you sit back in your shack with 2hrs light doing poverty measuring contest, I don't blame the op, I blame where he was born. Nzuzu

1 Like

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Bifrost: 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
planetx:
For a continent that on the average got it's independence less than 60 years ago, trust me we are not doing badly compared to people that have been self governing since the last 400 years. Despite their so called development why are they dying out and in the next 50 years or less they might not even anyone of them left in the world or a very tiny minority. Trust me they wish they were you and that is why they hate you and flipped the game on you.

Lmao.

Singapore is 55 years old. (they got independence in 1965)
Look at South Korea that barely declared independence in 1950 and suffered North Korean invasions – see where they are toda
Japan recovered from a devastating World War, likewise Germany.

My brother, Nigeria (and the rest of Africa) has no fúcking excuse!!!

1 Like

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Starzo: 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
It's very painful aswear
SegFault:

read those comments again and read how the op is busy bashing people left and right. This nonsense just gives our leaders more reasons not to work. This is why I made up my mind to leave Africa, we can't think on our own, it's either we lick the white man's ass or we try to blame them for how worthless independence turned out. What a nuisance to be born with such sort of people.
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by TThhoorr: 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our minds dear Bob come and see Africans defending their masters believing all the Bullshits the media wanted them to believe come to think of it BBC CNN Al-Jazeera etc will never show you the real Africa unless if its very degrading but believe it or not call it UK USA or anything but they have slums much worse than ours but will never show to the international community even those who migrated there for greener pastures unless its a w white collar job of to say they will tell you the truth they'll prefer their motherland than there the only reason they staying is because the the value of the currency compared to ours
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Bifrost: 5:53pm On Sep 29, 2020
codemaniacs:

you're filled with self hate. or you're a white person on a Nigerian forum.
Of course you hate the voice of reason.
Thus you project your insecurities. Lol, me, white? tsk tsk tsk
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by codemaniacs: 5:54pm On Sep 29, 2020
zz
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Kennydoc(m): 5:54pm On Sep 29, 2020
codemaniacs:

It's the same in everywhere in the world.

Healthcare is for those that can afford it.

Even the govt funded health service will have its limits.

Ever heard of the NHS?

A homeless man who gets knocked down by a car on a street in Manchester can have CT Brain and urgent neurosurgical intervention within 3 hours if warranted. He's not going to have to pay a dime for it.

1 Like

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:55pm On Sep 29, 2020
SegFault:

read those comments again and read how the op is busy bashing people left and right. This nonsense just gives our leaders more reasons not to work. This is why I made up my mind to leave Africa, we can't think on our own, it's either we lick the white man's ass or we try to blame them for how worthless independence turned out. What a nuisance to be born with such sort of people.

you misunderstood the OP..

OP is trying to show us that slums is everywhere.. not that it's everywhere in Europe that's beautiful as we do see on social media and in movies.. that's her point..

am surprised I see people supporting the fact that the place was occupied by us and it's we that lives in slum..

we as in Africans..

some people mentality is still inferior.. stupid people..

1 Like

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Bifrost: 5:55pm On Sep 29, 2020
TThhoorr:
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery none but ourselves can free our minds dear Bob come and see Africans defending their masters believing all the Bullshits the media wanted them to believe come to think of it BBC CNN Al-Jazeera etc will never show you the real Africa unless if its very degrading but believe it or not call it UK USA or anything but they have slums much worse than ours but will never show to the international community even those who migrated there for greener pastures unless its a w white collar job of to say they will tell you the truth they'll prefer their motherland than there the only reason they staying is because the the value of the currency compared to ours

Another self deception. The average homeless man in Europe has access to internet, and you in Africa that is not even homeless struggle with your 3G quality 4G network.
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by AngelicBeing: 5:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
SmartProf:
Even the Bible acknowledges that the poor will always be amongst us. That picture though looks like some parts of Asia like Bangladesh or Indonesia but that's not to say there aren't poor neighborhoods in Europe or America. The question is what's the percentage of people who are living in poverty there unlike in Africa. Look from my personal observation, a lot of these poor guys in sane countries are provided with incentives and social welfare schemes including weekly payments by govt, especially legal residents but some choose to beg in the street with their dogs or pets or sleep by the entrance to malls and bus stations. So let's not look that way but rather demand of our govt a better society and not justify our failed society with what it is like in Europe, Americay or other climes.
You are right, I witnessed it in North America during my studentship their, they provide all manner of assistance monthly to the poor, they have food/ clothing banks and free food in different places for poor people or anyone that is hungry to go and eat, Africa is still living in the 10th century in terms of care for the poor angry

1 Like

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
Olachase:
If I could get visa to live in this place, I just want to leave this country Nigeria kiss kiss
God will grant your wish and you'll see yourself there in few months to come
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by codemaniacs: 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by TThhoorr: 5:59pm On Sep 29, 2020
Bifrost:

Another self deception. The average homeless man in Europe has access to internet, and you in Africa that is not even homeless struggle with your 3G quality 4G network.
I just can't comprehend you are jealous that your slave master has a slum too or that we also have state of the art infrastructures like they do
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Petyprincess(f): 6:00pm On Sep 29, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Bro why are u stressing ur self over that guy...

That man is the owner of Run away from ur father's land Plc and the author of the bestselling book "How to enjoy the fruits of another mans labour"

Noticed the way he jumped to their defence calling them gypsies and not wanting to accept government help

Assuming this pic was abt Nigeria , he'd have added it to his 12462 reasons to hate being a Nigerian and leave ur father's land

Just recently, when a foreign born Nigerian wanted to invest in the country, the only thing he could tell him is that he should go to Rwanda because he'll not succeed in Nigeria...

This same person, when u ask him to list out the problems of Nigeria will be quick to add and blame the govt for unemployment whereas he Jus drove a way a potential foreign investor..

Countries are looking for investors, This one dey drive the one wey dey Come hin side

Las Las na we dey do ourselves...

Someone said if they take all Nigerians to Europe and bring Europeans to Nigeria, Europe will deprecated greatly and Nigerians will be dying to come to Nigeria...

Yes... No doubt Nigeria is bad but it is a clear example of how the people in this country are,.. if majority of us are good, the country will be better but it's not, that's why we are where we are...

Glad you also saw that comment!! I have known him to be so ignorant!!

2 Likes

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by mariahAngel(f): 6:00pm On Sep 29, 2020
Olachase:

You would never know the consequences of what you ask for, until you get it.
Be careful what you wish for...
Naija neva bad reach dat level wey go make you wish say you live for pig sty

1 Like

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by planetx: 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
codemaniacs:

this is a lie for the U.S and only true to some countries in europe..

to access the type of healthcare you're talking about you need health insurance... during this covid19 era a lot of people black americans and poor white people have been rejected healthcare due to the fact that there's a stereotype against black americans been unable to afford healthcare...

A Nigerian in the U.S was a victim of this even though he could afford it, unfortunately the Nigerian passed on..

if you like go and fall sick abroad, if the doctors are racists they will reject you..

why does the U.S have the highest number of covid19 victims despite in YOUR OWN WORDS their amazing healthcare
To many brainwashed clowns on this forum, superb health care indeed. Their health care is so superb but they have the highest death rates from cancer and heart disease due to their diets and lifestyle that brainwashed Africans are trying to emulate.

1 Like

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Bifrost: 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
codemaniacs:

I don't hate voice of reason from sane people.

You're filled with motivation to encourage self hate amongst Africans. Only white people have such motivations.

I spoke nothing but the truth, if you're hurt by the truth, I can't help you.

You're looking for people to celebrate the mediocrity that is Africa as a continent and Nigeria as a country. No way! We are light years behind. Little wonder Nigeria is the poverty capital.
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Utibe96: 6:03pm On Sep 29, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
atleast they are better than the slums in most African countries!
better in what sense??
thier slum that even have lords controlling them you are poor and someone is still in charge of your life
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Estellie: 6:03pm On Sep 29, 2020
Don't these idiots watch movies? This ain't news

There are slums everywhere, so many people homeless and people here still think abroad is total Paradise?

Oh well.
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by chaloskyx: 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2020
WHY ARE YOU INVESTING IN NIGERIA WHICH IS KNOWN FOR ITS ECONOMIC INSTABILITY WHY DONT THEY INVEST IN THE COUNTRIES THEY DEEM BETTER THAN NIGERIA YOU CANT EAT YOUR CAKE AND HAVE IT IN PUBLIC THEY WOULD SAY NIGERIA IS A SHIT HOLE YET THEY WOULD SEND THEIR HARD EARNED FOREIGN CURRENCY TO INVEST IN THE SHITHOLE IF US AND UK ARE BETTER PLACES WHY BRING IT HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.....OR IS THERE SOMETHING THEY ARNT TELLING US
Kekereekun123:
ask yourself is the country even friendly to investors. I once worked in the treasury department of a bank in Nigeria. It is always hard for investors to move their money back home unless they do shady deals like Lebanese and Indians. I bring in 1m usd to invest in Nigeria. When its time to recoup my money naira don lose value. 306 per dollar will now be 383. To even access 383 na war with cbn then i have to go buy from aboki at 465. Is that not madness. You open factory and your staff begin to steal materials and chemicals. Abeg no sane investor should come here

1 Like

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by codemaniacs: 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by SmartProf(m): 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2020
AngelicBeing:
You are right, I witnessed it in North America during my studentship their, they provide all manner of assistance monthly to the poor, they have food/ clothing banks and free food in different places for poor people or anyone that is hungry to go and eat, Africa is still living in the 10th century in terms of care for the poor angry
Thanks for sharing your experience. Many who haven't lived in the developed world will not understand this even if you explain using a power point presentation. They rely on Google to download pictures to suit their narrative, while some of us are sharing experiences we see each day here. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Bifrost: 6:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
TThhoorr:

I just can't comprehend you are jealous that your slave master has a slum too or that we also have state of the art infrastructures like they do

Because your mediocre mind think a few sky scrappers in the city centre counts of development.

Pick Nigeria for instance; Lagos, Abuja Kano, Port Harcourt... where else? These are the only places you can boast of has having a city status, which in the strictest sense are mega slums (Lagos, the chief of them).

Now do we compare with a European country like Germany? Is that a fair comparison? I don't care...the world war hit them hard and they rebuilt. I'll mention 10 cities in small Germany (in comparison with Nigeria):

Frankfurt, Berlin, Hannover, Dusseldorf, Dortmund, Munich, Cologne, Mainz, Nuremberg, Duisburg... the list goes on.

On what metrics would you compare your biggest and best cities with any of these cities?

Is it your dirty Lagos that you want to compare with say Berlin?

Continue deceiving yourself. Oct 1st your government will spend billions to design logo to celebrate 60 years of independence.
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by TThhoorr: 6:11pm On Sep 29, 2020
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Kennydoc(m): 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
codemaniacs:

Only people who work have access to national insurance schemes. Most of the time anything with the word national in it means federal government. So only people working in government institutions have access.

The homeless unemployed person cannot afford it.

You didn't answer my question. Have you heard of the NHS? Go and research about it, then you can message me later if needed.
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by SaintLucia: 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
This is their own Aba grin
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by TThhoorr: 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2020
Bifrost:

Because your mediocre mind think a few sky scrappers in the city centre counts of development.

Pick Nigeria for instance; Lagos, Abuja Kano, Port Harcourt... where else? These are the only places you can boast of has having a city status, which in the strictest sense are mega slums (Lagos, the chief of them).
https://www.nairaland.com/4554587/slums-world-major-cities-shows those are slums from those same countries your trying to be their DOG
And of you talking about Nigeria compare us with the countries from same region before you start speaking thrash next time look before you leap sometimes its better to shut up and let people think you are a fool than talk and clear all doubt

Now do we compare with a European country like Germany? Is that a fair comparison? I don't care...the world war hit them hard and they rebuilt. I'll mention 10 cities in small Germany (in comparison with Nigeria):

Frankfurt, Berlin, Hannover, Dusseldorf, Dortmund, Munich, Cologne, Mainz, Nuremberg, Duisburg... the list goes on.

On what metrics would you compare your biggest and best cities with any of these cities?

Is it your dirty Lagos that you want to compare with say Berlin?

Continue deceiving yourself. Oct 1st your government will spend billions to design logo to celebrate 60 years of independence.
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by codemaniacs: 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by frog12: 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
na LIE. GRAPHICS MAYBE.
not spain
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by codemaniacs: 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:

you misunderstood the OP..

OP is trying to show us that slums is everywhere.. not that it's everywhere in Europe that's beautiful as we do see on social media and in movies.. that's her point..

am surprised I see people supporting the fact that the place was occupied by us and it's we that lives in slum..

we as in Africans..

some people mentality is still inferior.. stupid people..
And after showing us what next did he do? Someone sat him down to explain common sense and what did he do? Biko, I no get time for una, I just recently realised that the so called North Africa we revere as the sensible region is Africa is a cesspool of Human Rights violations and Islamist agendas, what the fck is wrong with this continent ahn, not saying that outside is perfect, hell places like the USA to me is just like jumping back to Africa but why are we like this? We can't even take correction, instead we start the normal blame game, tribe, religion, race, other nations we need to sit down and tackle this issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California / Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) / This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.