Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:23 PM

Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. (84944 Views)

Zimbabweans React To Nigerian High-Speed Train / Malnourished Lions At Port Harcourt Zoo. Nigerians React To Photo / Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by lanocfoods: 2:50am On Sep 30, 2020
At some point I thought I was on twitter grin
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by SuyaEater(m): 3:07am On Sep 30, 2020
Europe would suffer if they don't have France control of Franchophone African countries.
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by tollyboy5(m): 3:28am On Sep 30, 2020
LukasPodolski:

"There are homeless people in LA" fine.

Now when are you going to start posting pictures of homeless people in LA like the Western media does to Africans?

Why must we always be asslicking them? Didn't they have slums and homeless people (neglecting the ratio) ?

When are you going to start speaking against that, don't you think the homeless people in LA deserves better?

When we show beautiful places in Lagos , enemy of states like you will label them 3D or computer generated pictures abi over edited pictures but theirs (your masters) isn't? Hahaha.

Isn't this Lagos Nigeria?
Why post 2% percent of Lagos? I dare you to post badagry, Ikeja,mushin, ikorodu,ajegumle etc
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by tollyboy5(m): 3:49am On Sep 30, 2020
Badonasty:
Lol...that Nigerian lady just let those people abuse us
walai grin I think sey na only me see am. We worst 4 dis country Gan. Other African country GDP/capital income make sense pass our own. We only have huge GDP , but GDP per capita low Gan.
I'm always annoyed when people say Lagos is working or Nigeria is working

1 Like

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:03am On Sep 30, 2020
LukasPodolski:

"There are homeless people in LA" fine.

Now when are you going to start posting pictures of homeless people in LA like the Western media does to Africans?

Why must we always be asslicking them? Didn't they have slums and homeless people (neglecting the ratio) ?

When are you going to start speaking against that, don't you think the homeless people in LA deserves better?

When we show beautiful places in Lagos , enemy of states like you will label them 3D or computer generated pictures abi over edited pictures but theirs (your masters) isn't? Hahaha.

Isn't this Lagos Nigeria?

The premise of this thread is so dumb. I've never been to the US in my life, yet I know a lot about the urban decay of cities like Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago etc, and the escalating situation with homelessness in LA. I know this from reading American media. The conspiracy theory that Westerners somehow only show you their good parts and hide the bad is inconsistent with the ethos of Western journalism who are far more independent and hold their leadership to account far more than your brown envelope journalists here in Nigeria. What compounds the dumbness of the thread is that shanty towns and slums like your pictures in European countries tend to be made up of illegal immigrants from Africa and Asia, so in trying to insult Europeans for it, you're actually insulting Africans - you know....the desperate people risking their lives making the perilous crossing of the Mediterranean to go and stink up Europe's streets.

But don't let me interrupt your comforting delusion comparing what are outliers in Europe to a pervasive way of life for hundreds of millions of people in subsaharan Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Danielmegg(m): 6:58am On Sep 30, 2020
lemme me check first

i think dis is Iran backyard ����

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by coronavirus19: 8:38am On Sep 30, 2020
lanocfoods:
At some point I thought I was on twitter grin
Iswear. Different jabs from left and right on people’s opinion. Make Indey my dey they enjoy the thread
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by dstar01(m): 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
Every country has her slum, our leaders should just make things better here at home and that's my own concern.

7 Amazing reasons to start your own business in 2020:

Starting a business of your own can open a world of opportunities and options. A close look at successful entrepreneurs indicates that the majority of them run their own business which brings in a residual income stream. Below are some of the reasons why you need to start your own business this year:
Imagine how it would feel to get up at your own sweet time and not hurry to office in the regular chaos of snarling traffic. And then, to begin the day as though you are fresh from home and nothing has happened. You are your boss, and you determine when to resume and when to close.
Extra Income has not hurt anyone up to now, and it should not be hurting you either. If you are willing to do that extra bit of work or travel that extra mile for your boss, I am sure you will be more than willing to do so for yourself, especially if you feel that it would improve the quality of life of you and your family.
Multiple streams of Income does not come for free. It involves hard work! It is not hard work when you are doing what you are passionate about. The benefits of creating multiple income streams far outweigh the risk and stress involved.
I consider it foolish working hard daily, only to be paid peanuts as salary every month. Just check the following benefits accruing to every business owner:

1.Confidence and Fulfillment:
Having your own business makes you more of a complete person who can proudly say that he/ she is an entrepreneur who has achieved something.

2. Limitations of earning do not exist:
You can earn as much as you want by just putting more effort and the risk of financial failure is ultimately eliminated

3. Work at your own pace:

The monotony of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm is eliminated. You have the advantage of being your timekeeper. Flexibility enables the average entrepreneur to perform at the optimum.

4. Job security and fear of unemployment becomes history:

The fear of been sacked ranks as the number one phobia among employees. This fear can become a major obstacle to achieving the goal of having your own business.

5. Flexibility to do whatever you want to do, whenever you want to do it:

Working for others can reduce you to a human-robot because your suggestions may sometimes be discarded at the expense of management policy and decisions.

6. You retire when you feel like not when you become old and weak:

I once had a boss who after retiring from service became too weak to do anything meaningful. This was someone who had put in 35 years of meritorious service to the company and here he was living in a company apartment. He did not have a home of his own, and to make matter worse, he did not have a business of his own. That was the day I decided to opt for a business of my own and end the rat race of paid employment.

7. You will be your boss with no one looking over your shoulder:

The joy and freedom to take the crucial decision that will ultimately shape your business can be exciting and at the same time challenging. It is, however, a motivational factor as an entrepreneur.

Success is very much achievable to everybody. Believe that and you have taken the first step on your way to starting your own business in 2020.
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 30, 2020
afroxyz:

Yiur ambition as a Blackman in oyinbo country is to work at McDonald's or security. May God help your thinking.
just an example. The oyinbo here homeless can do those jobs but they wont. Cleaner abroad dey drive jeep.
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Demmy1206(m): 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Yes.. Africa must be last

Cos we truly are. No african is happy to admit it, but it is what it is. Trying to blackmail people with "white man's slave" tag won't mask the truth.
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by mayDtolu(m): 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2020
franchasng:
Stupid thread, is it an excuse for African useless leaders to continue looting Africa dry or a failed attempt to justify Africa's poor infrastructure and development

Ask them bro ...Many people on dis forum just dey make person vex...How we go dey compare naija to develop countries?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by afroxyz: 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
Kekereekun123:
just an example. The oyinbo here homeless can do those jobs but they wont. Cleaner abroad dey drive jeep.

Dey drive jeep on Loans. Let him be jobless for three months and see if he owns the jeep again
Re: Africans React To Pictures Of Slums In Madrid, Spain. by Sleekfingers: 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Well, I don't know about Africa but I know North America has its own share of slums especially the US and Mexico (Canada is better off in this regards). Besides, that wasn't the bone of contention. I was asking why these guys would quickly conclude and insist the people in the pic must be Africans even when the slum is in Europe.

especially in new york, georgia,

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The 'Wickedest City On Earth' & Home To The Real Pirates Of The Caribbean (Pics) / Aliko Dangote's Yacht: Inside The ₦15.5 Billion Super Luxury Yacht / Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.