Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? (9674 Views)

"This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing / Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) / World Teachers' Day - Share Your Experiences With Your Favourite/worst Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Opekebaiby(f): 9:08am On Oct 05, 2020
Happy world's teachers' day...
To the nice ones,To strict ones(for resetting my brain grin
To wicked ones.... : cool
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by uncleinans(m): 9:08am On Oct 05, 2020
to Anti Charity of command children school Abacha barracks (early 90s) that told me i was a dull pupil, big empty head, i hold an MSc. today and will be a phd holder in few years time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by BrightDeGea(m): 9:10am On Oct 05, 2020
Some of them barely recognise me when I greet them on the way, E dey hard to remember people now adays since the country don hard grin
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by euniselfyahoo: 9:11am On Oct 05, 2020
Happy teacher's day to all of you out there. May God increase you in knowledge. Happy celebration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Zendinho(m): 9:12am On Oct 05, 2020
If you can read my comment... then you owe every teacher weather good to you or otherwise a THANK YOU.....

Am proud to be a teacher. grin

God Bless Every Teacher

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by moneyissweet(m): 9:12am On Oct 05, 2020
I like your color, abeg inbox me I wan tell you something.

Baybii:
The only thing I have done is sending one an email many years ago and she never replied. Never attempted again after that.

In other news, happy teachers day to me too!!! grin
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by BoboNogoDie: 9:12am On Oct 05, 2020
littleboythat:
[s][/s]

grin
Or deh
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Yinkey6(m): 9:16am On Oct 05, 2020
Most teachers are not well paid especially those in the private schools..

I will never forger my Primary 4 teacher that made me hate Mathematics till now. His teaching method was poor, even though he was good. He did no make use of instructional material and always flog us...

I would like to say a very big thank you to my secondary school Literature, Yoruba, English and Government they all did well and taught me well..

Even though I noticed most school gives more attention to the science students by getting them better Chemistry and Physics teachers..

When I entered higher institution I noticed some of my course mates in English department that were affected by their poor literature and English foundation in Secondary school..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Royalfurnitures: 9:16am On Oct 05, 2020
Teachers are nation builders,character moulders,and the foundation for every form of development but unfortunately the are not valued and treated well by govt in this part of the world

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by BigDawsNet: 9:19am On Oct 05, 2020
Mrs Jefferson history teacher

Mrs Gracia spanish teacher

Miss cooper chemistry teacher

I wish you the best
God bless you all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Lamanii22(f): 9:19am On Oct 05, 2020
Awwwn Mrs ogun my Yoruba teacher... She insulted me like mad in a friendly way though... She'd be like "iwo omo yo'ba to o le so yo'ba" (you a Yoruba child that can't speak Yoruba).... But I usually pass her exams, maybe the more reason she liked me... I read Yoruba well but my speaking is not just clear... I don't know where she is now.... Happy world's teacher's day ma....

Infact I'd like to become a teacher now... Even if I start with volunteering I don't mind....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:19am On Oct 05, 2020
undecided. saying we are the leaders of tomorrow......which tomorrow ?......I forgot to ask my teachers that question 20years ago....... tomorrow wey Dem Tinubu and bubu don already secure for their children alone....
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by ajebuter(f): 9:20am On Oct 05, 2020
Well, I'm proud of my profession..

I have students across US, UK, Canada and Australia after drilling them hard in English based exams: IELTS, SAT, TOEFL, PTDE Edexcel , Use of English and Communication Skills..

Yeah, proudly Madam M. A

grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by GreaterFuture(m): 9:21am On Oct 05, 2020
Below Par
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Misterdhee1(m): 9:21am On Oct 05, 2020
Mrs Ojekunle, Mr Amoo - God bless you two wherever you're.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by yemi1504: 9:23am On Oct 05, 2020
Hushpuppies:
The World Teachers’ Day 2020 will be celebrated with a week-long series of virtual events.

Every year on 5 October since 1994, UNESCO celebrates the World Teachers’ Day (WTD) to commemorate the anniversary of the signing of the 1966 ILO/UNESCO Recommendation concerning the Status of Teachers and the 1997 Recommendation concerning the Status of Higher-Education Teaching Personnel. These normative standard-setting instruments set benchmarks regarding the rights and responsibilities of teachers and standards for their initial preparation and further education, recruitment, employment, and working conditions.

This year the World Teachers Day will be celebrated virtually with the theme, “Teachers: Leading in crisis, re-imagining the future.”

The celebration will begin on 5 October 2020 with the official Opening Ceremony followed by the Award Ceremony of the 6th Edition of the UNESCO Hamdan Prize for the Effectiveness of Teachers. Events are planned throughout the week around the world.

The official closing ceremony takes place on 12 October with a joint World Teachers’ Day and Mobile Learning Week session. The event will focus on the innovative use of technology for teacher professional development and mentoring during the time of COVID-19.

In this year's world teachers day celebration, tell us how you relate with your primary and secondary school teachers since you left school?

I still relate with Aunty Bola till today. She was my primary school lesson teacher till primary 3 and had to beat me till I got better from being a dullard to the intelligent man I am today. If not for her beatings, I wonder whether academic achievements I have or achieved would be possible today, she was the reason for the foundation of the academic success and intelligence I have today. She comes to my Daddy's Pharmacy to buy drugs, I greet her respectfully, introduce her to my Dad everytime she comes and take whatever drug she buys and more across the street from the Pharmacy. She deserves that and more for making me the intelligent man I am today. Thank you.

Mr. Folorunsho, Uncle Ben, Miss Feyi, Mrs. Obajimi, Miss Teboh, Mrs. Salako, Mr. R.O. Akintilebo, Mr. Makinde, Mr. Aremu, Mr. Adesina, Mr. Akinola, Mr. M.K.O., Mr. P.O. Ajayi, Reverend S.O. Oluwatope, Madame Kezie, Reverend J.O. Kolawole, Madame Dare, Professor D.S. Aribike, Professor O.A. Olafadehan, Dr. Ayo, Dr. Tolu Ajayi, Dr. Owolabi, Mr. Vichniakov, Mr. Dan Sarkodie, Mr. Obinyan, Mrs. P.O. Olowe, Dr. Alli and others too numerous to mention, God bless you all wherever you are for me plenty In Jesus Mighty Name AMEN. Thank you for making me the intelligent man I am today, I am really grateful and I appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by prezeus(m): 9:24am On Oct 05, 2020
It's better to be a thief than a teacher....I am saying this from experience
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Karleb(m): 9:24am On Oct 05, 2020
Most of our teachers are frustrated.
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by KingRamesses: 9:31am On Oct 05, 2020
May God bless the Geography teacher that marked my WAEC script that year , I didn’t write anything on the answer sheet and he scored me D7 instead of F9 thanks sir

3 Likes

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Binarytimes: 9:40am On Oct 05, 2020
tollyboy5:
grin my Igbo teacher back then was very brutal, she didnt consider us that are Yoruba's! cheesy . before end of term everybody don port go Yoruba class as our female aluko cane no dey pain. grin
Home econs teacher wen I was in primary sch she'll always give me from the spoils of student practical, then my senior sis would tell me to run away from her.
With that kin enjoyment wey I dey receive ! Never!
Not until I entered jss1 back then embarassed this aunty wan finish me with cane wey my mama no fit flog me grin. Na that time I japa even report to my mum. But now we are very close. I love most of my teachers now but sincerely caning is not the best way to train a child.
Lemme had this! This country is so bad that my primary sch math teacher who still teach primary class today is still poor. embarassed
During covid-19 lockdown I saw my Igbo teacher selling at but stop with no shop just open place with table. Nigeria has no respect for teachers thats why they flog with frustration.
One of the best chemistry teacher in my hood those days. We use to call him baba oni baba, though in my time he wasn't that good as before and was always absent minded or sleeping in lab. I saw him begging for money and the person he was begging sent someone to give him #100 embarassed
I will advise us to always treat and remember our teachers always when we become stable, let's try to help their family and make the teaching job bearable for this people.

Take this to promise land
#ENDSARSBRUTALITY
I know govt school teachers that are driving good cars with good class. They are even better than some doctors or nurses out there
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Binarytimes: 9:44am On Oct 05, 2020
post=94622750:
School Na Scam
Your advert and use of eloquency won't have been possible if truly school is....

Think first before talking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by inspayard(f): 9:45am On Oct 05, 2020
Happy teachers day to my dad and all the hardworking teachers out there. May God reward them abundantly. Being a teacher's daughter has taught me a lot. smiley I don't relate with any of my teachers anymore since I graduated from secondary school, they were really a handful then lol but they did their best for me and helped me to where I am today. God bless them all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by GeneralPula: 9:54am On Oct 05, 2020
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by yemi1504: 9:59am On Oct 05, 2020
MEGA4BILLION:
The most under paid set of workers in Nigeria

So true but their counterparts in academia in our post secondary school institutions who are also teachers in a way are reasonably paid well. Also, some states such as Oyo State pays their public secondary school teachers well.
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Kwara1stson: 10:01am On Oct 05, 2020
Lamanii22:
Awwwn Mrs ogun my Yoruba teacher... She insulted me like mad in a friendly way though... She'd be like "iwo omo yo'ba to o le so yo'ba" (you a Yoruba child that can't speak Yoruba).... But I usually pass her exams, maybe the more reason she liked me... I read Yoruba well but my speaking is not just clear... I don't know where she is now.... Happy world's teacher's day ma....

Infact I'd like to become a teacher now... Even if I start with volunteering I don't mind....
shey o mind ti ba do e?
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by georgeakins: 10:01am On Oct 05, 2020
My Chemistry teacher in secondary school was too dumb. He claimed he graduated from Unilorin. I still doubt because he did not know anything at all.
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by yemi1504: 10:08am On Oct 05, 2020
RubiesBanking:
Maybe Nigeria can follow the footsteps of Qatar how they celebrated WTD.

Nice gesture from Qatar Airways! I am a teacher too, maybe, just maybe I should take up their offer if it applies to me. Just applied for the Qatar Airways complimentary tickets, hoping I get selected.
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by ModestGal(f): 10:09am On Oct 05, 2020
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please What Does This Nabteb Grade Means / News On Oau Predegree And Ume Admission List / The Federal Polytechnic,ede 2011/2012 Admission In Progress.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.