Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,646 members, 7,813,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? (9646 Views)

"This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing / Before Vs Now : Nigerian Teacher Now A Professor In The U.S (Photos) / World Teachers' Day - Share Your Experiences With Your Favourite/worst Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by OBA117(m): 10:17am On Oct 05, 2020
Happy World Teachers' Day to all my colleagues in this noble profession
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by iamclime(m): 10:21am On Oct 05, 2020
A very loud shout-out to my first teachers, my Dad (R.I.P) and my Mom. They taught me the value of education. Without them, my school teachers would have laboured in vain.

My primary school teachers: Mr. M.A Ademosun (Pry 6), Mr. Balogun, Mr. Giwa, Mr. Aladegbami, Mrs. Ogedengbe, Mr. Falola (Headmaster). Mr. J.J Edun (Headmaster), and a host of others.
Messrs Ademosun and Balogun followed my progress right from Primary School to the University. Great men indeed!

My secondary school teachers: Mr Kunle Taiwo (Uncle Tee) our JETS Club Coordinator, Mr. Bello (a.ka Hold the pillar) our Economics teacher (despite his brutality, I fell in love with Economics and still teach it till date), Mr. Tony Amokeodo, our English teacher and Press Club Coordinator, Mr Ogundimu (our English teacher who made me fall in love with Oral English and transcribing), our Chemistry teacher, Mr. Orotosho, and our Principal, Mrs. Adeniji, and all the others who shaped my youth and love for learning, God bless you and yours.

My university lecturers, Prof. Linus Osuagwu (he initiated me into the world of empirical research and data analysis), Prof. Doyin Hassan (my amiable and approachable Egbon), Dr. A.A Idris (he made me fall in love with sales), who showed us that you can be a lecturer and maintain moral standards at the same time, Dr. M.A Awoniyi (project supervisor). K.A Ahmed-Ogundipe (Baba Labour), and all the rest.

For my Masters, Dr. Olajide (my knowledgeable and approachable supervisor), Professor Akewushola (Prof. Akkay, the Strategy himself), Professor Oyeniyi (Marketing personified) Dr. Olumoko (Mokophobia), Dr. Elegunde (Dr. A.Y, a friend in deed), Dr. Tijani (a caring soul), and all the rest.
May God bless you all.
And to all of us who are teachers and lecturers, may our reward be great! May we be guided by principles and treat the children/students in our care with love. Tomorrow is pregnant!

1 Like

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by yemi1504: 10:24am On Oct 05, 2020
iamyemiakins:

You're not a real niggarrr
Abi, he is actually a dumb niggarrr!
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 05, 2020
tobechi74:
There are few teachers who have touched us in numerous ways.

Dr O.N Oguoma while teaching us a course on factors affecting location of an industry asked one of us to list three factors he would consider before he would get married to a woman. He listed

(1) beauty( 2) Intelligence (3) character.

Then he asked him to allocate points to each factor in descending order of importance. His response was

(1)Character: 3 points (2) Intelligence: 2(3) beauty : 1

Then Prof asked two ladies of opposite features . He asked the guy to score each girls according to his perceived performance in each factor . His response was similar to this

Girl A : Intelligence :8 . Character: 7 . Beauty :5

Girl B Intelligence:5 character : 9. Beauty :3.

Next, each score was multiplied by the rating and the sum for each girl was taken. The girl with the highest score wins.

It has been over seven years since I attended this class but I still recall it like it was yesterday. Youth are so obsessed with relationship issues . He used our interest to teach us. One can apply the same method in making life decision. For instance, while applying for masters degree program, choosing between two jobs, choosing between various investment plans, residential areas etc .

As a teacher, I often use soccer to explain certain phenomenon to my students. It has been over seven years ago since I received this teaching. Prof must have retired by now. we may never cross paths in life but his teaching method remains forever in my heart.

https://tobechispeaks./2020/10/05/world-teachers-day-share-your-favorite-teacher-experience/

Are you talking about Futo's prof oguoma
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by yemi1504: 10:27am On Oct 05, 2020
Zendinho:
If you can read my comment... then you owe every teacher weather good to you or otherwise a THANK YOU.....

Am proud to be a teacher. grin

God Bless Every Teacher

I am proud to be a teacher too. AMEN o.
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by yemi1504: 10:32am On Oct 05, 2020
Binarytimes:
Your advert and use of eloquency won't have been possible if truly school is....

Think first before talking

Abi.
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Baybii: 10:34am On Oct 05, 2020
moneyissweet:
I like your color, abeg inbox me I wan tell you something.

Why
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Drizzy5001(m): 10:41am On Oct 05, 2020
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Drizzy5001(m): 10:42am On Oct 05, 2020
May God bless my teachers at Airforce comprehensive school yola...(especially mrs Nwobodo, ) and as for my lectures at uni... May God punish all of una from A-Z.
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Obyino: 10:43am On Oct 05, 2020
grin
uncleinans:
Growing back then, we were meant to believe that teachers reward is in heaven.
WTF
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Oiza131(f): 10:46am On Oct 05, 2020
My math teacher in secondary school made me hated that subject. "master" hated me because I don't tolerate the nonsense he does with other female students. Whenever it was math period, I would leave the class to the toilet or library. No one understood my pain because he always had a way to defend himself... I wouldn't allow him drag the strap of my bra or even touch me.

Mr Chika, the only teacher that flogged me because he wanted to know why other teachers don't flog me. He flogged me that day only because I got 8/10 in biology instead of 10/10. And spared those that scored lower grades. He would tell me if I jazzed other teachers, it won't work on him. He beat crase from my body that day. Mr Chika, I never still forgive you sha.

Well, even though I had wanted to be a lawyer as my childhood dream. I still would if I had the chance. I opted for Education, primary education precisely... My passion for teaching children developed. Most of my beautiful moments are the time I spent teaching children. Teaching is fun for me. Though gets tiring sometimes and frustrating because of the exploitation by private school owners. I've always hoped to have my school someday, and I still believe in that dream.

Mrs Bagudo, my favorite lecturer in school. She was indeed a mother of all. I broke the record of getting an A in her course; everyone believed no one could pass her course because her questions were always too technical. Me na, I became talk of the department. She supported me till I graduated. Mrs Bagudo, God bless you

Happy teachers day!!!

1 Like

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by moneyissweet(m): 10:59am On Oct 05, 2020
I wan tell you something,but is not something I can say here..just Inbox me dear

Baybii:

Why
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Baybii: 11:09am On Oct 05, 2020
moneyissweet:
I wan tell you something,but is not something I can say here..just Inbox me dear

Lmao! Alaye gboju lipsrsealed

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by FullBlastLight: 11:12am On Oct 05, 2020
ignis:
I can't even remember any of my secondary school teacher. This life just get as e be...

U donminit!

Were u a truant then? Huh?
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by temple4real(m): 11:15am On Oct 05, 2020
TEACHERS ARE GREAT!

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by moneyissweet(m): 11:18am On Oct 05, 2020
As expected.

Baybii:

Lmao! Alaye gboju lipsrsealed
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Ayo2004: 11:19am On Oct 05, 2020
Hushpuppies:
My relationship with my teachers are very cordial. I just called my primary school teacher right now, latter in the day I will pay a visit to my principal.

Happy teachers day to all teachers all over the world.

U must have been teachers pet.....some of us that were always the scapegoats,mouth cannot say what we went through cheesy

1 Like

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Princessbettyj(f): 11:22am On Oct 05, 2020
Micheeeeeewwwwwwww wetin concern agbero with overload sad
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Lamanii22(f): 11:23am On Oct 05, 2020
Kwara1stson:
shey o mind ti ba do e?

Looool..... ����
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by tollyboy5(m): 11:24am On Oct 05, 2020
Binarytimes:
I know govt school teachers that are driving good cars with good class. They are even better than some doctors or nurses out there
Private teachers suffer more I've never attended government school so I can't say much
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by tollyboy5(m): 11:30am On Oct 05, 2020
moneyissweet:
As expected.

Na Una dey make women feel special and over pampered iranu
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by moneyissweet(m): 11:54am On Oct 05, 2020
Where I make her to feel special now? So if you like babe you no go toast her, Abi na babes dey toast men for Nigeria now?

Abeg hustle your hustle and leave me make I toast the babe wey I like in peace.

tollyboy5:

Na Una dey make women feel special and over pampered iranu
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by tollyboy5(m): 11:56am On Oct 05, 2020
moneyissweet:
Where I make her to feel special now? So if you like babe you no go toast her, Abi na babes dey toast men for Nigeria now?

Abeg hustle your hustle and leave me make I toast the babe wey I like in peace.

Where u take see eim face b4 u like am! shocked
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by moneyissweet(m): 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2020
I no understand you o,Wetin come be your own for my mata,Abi you dey like the babe too? Wetin come dey pain you now?

tollyboy5:

Where u take see eim face b4 u like am! shocked
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by tollyboy5(m): 12:38pm On Oct 05, 2020
moneyissweet:
I no understand you o,Wetin come be your own for my mata,Abi you dey like the babe too? Wetin come dey pain you now?

Na simple question dey hard you to answer? Where u take see her face?
I dey craze! Why I go just like black lap. undecided
Young man no repeat that line again abeg.
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by moneyissweet(m): 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
Now I get the gist, na you be the babe in a female moniker abi?

I hail u plenty

tollyboy5:

Na simple question dey hard you to answer? Where u take see her face?
I dey craze! Why I go just like black lap. undecided
Young man no repeat that line again abeg.
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by themaestro08(m): 12:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
tollyboy5:
grin my Igbo teacher back then was very brutal, she didnt consider us that are Yoruba's! cheesy . before end of term everybody don port go Yoruba class as our female aluko cane no dey pain. grin
Home econs teacher wen I was in primary sch she'll always give me from the spoils of student practical, then my senior sis would tell me to run away from her.
With that kin enjoyment wey I dey receive ! Never!
Not until I entered jss1 back then embarassed this aunty wan finish me with cane wey my mama no fit flog me grin. Na that time I japa even report to my mum. But now we are very close. I love most of my teachers now but sincerely caning is not the best way to train a child.
Lemme had this! This country is so bad that my primary sch math teacher who still teach primary class today is still poor. embarassed
During covid-19 lockdown I saw my Igbo teacher selling at but stop with no shop just open place with table. Nigeria has no respect for teachers thats why they flog with frustration.
One of the best chemistry teacher in my hood those days. We use to call him baba oni baba, though in my time he wasn't that good as before and was always absent minded or sleeping in lab. I saw him begging for money and the person he was begging sent someone to give him #100 embarassed
I will advise us to always treat and remember our teachers always when we become stable, let's try to help their family and make the teaching job bearable for this people.

Take this to promise land
#ENDSARSBRUTALITY

You have said it all man. Flogging a student for some minor offence is wrong and should be banned.

Our teachers deserve better salaries. I know some who earned peanuts - 8k cry, what a pity.

Our schools needs better infrastructure. I know some where the vicinity is so deplorable that it makes me boil

We have lots of issues to sort out in this country. But the incompetent bunch of fools at helm of affairs with their misplaced priorities are steering this country to a dangerous destination.

1 Like

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by Cool83(m): 1:12pm On Oct 05, 2020
MEGA4BILLION:
The most under paid set of workers in Nigeria
you're wrong, they earned more than some state civil servants on the same level
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by tollyboy5(m): 3:07pm On Oct 05, 2020
moneyissweet:
Now I get the gist, na you be the babe in a female moniker abi?

I hail u plenty

Dey shoot ur shot bro. No mind me , I no b d babe

1 Like

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by ucheuzor1(m): 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2020
tobechi74:
There are few teachers who have touched us in numerous ways.

Dr O.N Oguoma while teaching us a course on factors affecting location of an industry asked one of us to list three factors he would consider before he would get married to a woman. He listed

(1) beauty( 2) Intelligence (3) character.

Then he asked him to allocate points to each factor in descending order of importance. His response was

(1)Character: 3 points (2) Intelligence: 2(3) beauty : 1

Then Prof asked two ladies of opposite features . He asked the guy to score each girls according to his perceived performance in each factor . His response was similar to this

Girl A : Intelligence :8 . Character: 7 . Beauty :5

Girl B Intelligence:5 character : 9. Beauty :3.

Next, each score was multiplied by the rating and the sum for each girl was taken. The girl with the highest score wins.

It has been over seven years since I attended this class but I still recall it like it was yesterday. Youth are so obsessed with relationship issues . He used our interest to teach us. One can apply the same method in making life decision. For instance, while applying for masters degree program, choosing between two jobs, choosing between various investment plans, residential areas etc .

As a teacher, I often use soccer to explain certain phenomenon to my students. It has been over seven years ago since I received this teaching. Prof must have retired by now. we may never cross paths in life but his teaching method remains forever in my heart.

https://tobechispeaks./2020/10/05/world-teachers-day-share-your-favorite-teacher-experience/

You're a Futoite I guess. Mechanical Engineering cheesy.

When it's moving..... It's mechanical
Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by quintybabe(f): 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2020
Let me also use this medium to appreciate some of my teachers. God bless Mrs Ladega of Grace Nursary and Primary school and all my primary school teachers. God bless Mr dada my Yoruba teacher in my junior secondary(AGS), Mr saliu, the biology teacher and Mr Aboderin the physics teacher (ICHS). May you all live long to reap the fruit of your labour, May your children not lack help where ever they may go! Amen

1 Like

Re: World Teachers Day 2020 - How Do You Relate With Your Teacher Now? by eagleeye2: 5:10pm On Oct 05, 2020
Isn't it a shame that Abia State government is owing teachers 14 months Salary?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JAMB 2016/2017: Candidates Can Now Choose Two Universities / Gov. Abdulrazaq Announces Abdul Jimoh Mohammed As Kwara State Polytechnic Rector / LASU Students Protest The Increment Of Fees From N25,000 To N250,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.