Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning (43222 Views)

Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. / Onitsha River Port Concession To Generate Over ₦50 Billion Revenue / Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Mathantics: 1:29am On Oct 08, 2020
obyrich:
This is to Buhari's credit and a shame to Jonathan and his team. grin

Buhari deserves accolades for this.

You're a zombie

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by RuggedSniper: 1:29am On Oct 08, 2020
TA4TA4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m40Ig3X7Hxs

Nigerians rejoice as Onitsha RIVER port becomes functional after decades (photos/video)

Onitsha RIVER port has become functional after it was commissioned yesterday, October 6.

Videos and photos from the scene show containers being offloaded.

According to presidential aide, Tolu Ogunlesi: "The Plan is to move containers from Lagos & Onne Ports to Onitsha by barge. For now I believe what’s being done is testing. You need to do a pilot first, assess efficiency, do troubleshooting etc, before you roll out full operations. But if it works as planned it’s gon be a BFD!!"

^^^NOTE: 80% of all imported containerized cargo goes to major industries in the WEST (Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, etc) and the remaining 20% of all cargo goes to the NORTH, SE, SS, according to Hadiza Bala-Usman of the NPA. Lagos State has taken very heavy blows on behalf of Nigeria in terms of traffic and will be freer with the Apapa sea port rail line leading to Ibadan and Kano. Kudos to all those who have made Onitsha river port along the River Niger a reality after 40years. Next... #LekkiDeepSeaport grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by RuggedSniper: 2:00am On Oct 08, 2020
FuckThaMod:
Develop the ports in ph, uyo, delta and calabar too.. We biafrans can't be depending on no man's land for our imports and later receive insults like as if the place is better than New York.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by obyrich(m): 2:36am On Oct 08, 2020
Mathantics:

You're a zombie
Na you be zombie. Why has the port been dormant since 2012?
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Mathantics: 2:36am On Oct 08, 2020
Eastlink:
Which useless GEJ? Baba give honour to whom it’s due. Buhari is the man. Shame on all you PDP clowns who keep deceiving the Ibos. Where are the PDP youths aka Igbos? You won’t see the clowns here, but if it’s to be praising one GEJ and scammer Kanu, they’ll all gather here.

1. Second Niger Bridge
2. Onitsha port.

What remains now is the expansion of the Onitsha port, Lokoja, Baro and Oguta ports.

Zombie

GEJ built and commissioned it.
It has been used before by the company building the second Niger Bridge

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Mathantics: 3:05am On Oct 08, 2020
obyrich:
Na you be zombie. Why has the port been dormant since 2012?

Zombie
It was the construction of Second Niger Bridge that is holding it.

To get to Onitsha River Port from Onne Sea Port, you need to pass through the second Niger bridge and they are working on the bridge.
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by NGpatriot: 3:53am On Oct 08, 2020
sleekman:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/constructionreviewonline.com/2014/08/nigeria-federal-government-completes-dredging-527km-river-niger/%3famp

https://247ureports.com/2012/09/onitsha-river-ports-many-unanswered-questions/

https://sweetcrudereports.com/govt-to-provide-security-for-onitsha-river-port-bound-cargoes/

https://container-mag.com/2011/09/07/two-liebherr-lhm-180-cranes-for-onitsha-river-port/

Please argue with facts next time. That port was visible for all to see from the river Niger bridge. It was completed. Buhari left it dormant just to take glory for what was completed.

1. None of your bogus and irrelevant links counter my assertion and the news article from 2011 that I posted stating clearly that the project was conceived under Shagari, Yaradua awarded the contract and started construction. Jonathan did not start the project, Yaradua awarded the contract and started the project.

2. Just like many abandoned and neglected projects PMB commissioned, it's always the same tired, meaningless and crooked excuse that it was finished by this and that, but it's always hard to explain to Nigerians why and how 16 years of PDP wasn't enough to build, commission and make a common river port active? Why? It's always GEJ did this and that everytime PMB commission projects.

3. Jona commissioned the same port back in 2012 and quickly abandon the project to rot away so you mean PMB traveled back in time to 2012 to take the project away from GEJ and left it dormant?

4. Since GEJ completed and commissioned the project back in 2012, how come we didn't see barges with containers floating up and down that river?

5. There's nothing different about that port, it was the same in 2012, 2013 and 2015 so what stopped GEJ and 16 years of PDP from making that port functional?

You people embarrass yourselves with your weak and illogical excuses, you are not even doing GEJ any favor with your excuse and defence, you make him look bad and incompetent.
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by NGpatriot: 3:56am On Oct 08, 2020
Mathantics:

Zombie
It was the construction of Second Niger Bridge that is holding it.

To get to Onitsha River Port from Onne Sea Port, you need to pass through the second Niger bridge and they are working on the bridge.

You mean they started 2nb construction in 2012?

These Igbos fit kill pesin with lies and lafta I swear..

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 08, 2020
@OP please desist from propaganda. This link below is from Maersk saying nothing of that sort os happening

https://www.tekedia.com/maersk-refutes-claims-that-onitsha-inland-port-is-fully-operational/

Again my folks living in Onitsha say there has been no time there was a test run of the Onitsha sea port at a point they had to go and check and the port has always been empty. This is government propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Realtalk20: 5:22am On Oct 08, 2020
author=Oritsewhandey post=94704257]
You see counter-game against Biafuro?
All those ports dey una backyard o.
Yet, yeebos are the wealthiest noise.
Una eyes go clear soon.

Don't quote me again if you have nothing to say, I am not your mate, go do this nonsense with the other kids on this forum. I only talk to reasonable people

Bye
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 08, 2020
[s]
Eastlink:
Which useless GEJ? Baba give honour to whom it’s due. Buhari is the man. Shame on all you PDP clowns who keep deceiving the Ibos. Where are the PDP youths aka Igbos? You won’t see the clowns here, but if it’s to be praising one GEJ and scammer Kanu, they’ll all gather here.

1. Second Niger Bridge
2. Onitsha port.

What remains now is the expansion of the Onitsha port, Lokoja, Baro and Oguta ports.
[/s]

In your deluded mind Buhari built Onitsha port? Get sense ASAP.

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by gideonvalor98(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2020
sleekman:

GEJ conceived and completed that mini port. Kaduna, Lokoja, Onitsha inland waterways ports are all the brainchild of NOI & GEJ.

See this one o....ZOMBIE! all these you mentioned were paper talks. Most of you always shot yourselves in the leg just because you want to COMMENT.. Go and do your proper research and come back
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
Nonyeuzonwanne:
If this is real, pmb have win my heart and if possible I will support him for 3rd term and i move the motion for his 3rd term whether na him or jubril let him continue , this is a welcome development .
I tell you
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by FreeBiafra2018(m): 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2020
ODJ124:
That's Nice... It will reduce lots of traffic at lag port

Buhari... Is Working...
Nobody will see this oooo

Thread seen...
If not for IPOB. That means it would have cost very little or nothing to fix the port all these decades? So what happened all along? Biafra have come to stay, not even this can slow our zeal and quest.
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by NGpatriot: 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
[s][/s]

In your deluded mind Buhari built Onitsha port? Get sense ASAP.

So, jona commission the river port in 2012 and he quickly abandon it and let it rot and decay till he left office, right?

Why was it not operational in the same 2012, 2014 and even in 2015 before Nigerians kicked him out?

Of what relevance was the commissioned port if it can not do what it's supposed to do or if it can not benefit the people:?

You people are not doing jona any favors with your convicting and indicting defense and support, you are even making jona look bad, horrible and incompetent.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Delightful8(f): 3:58pm On Oct 08, 2020
hotplate:
How can i get job here am a graduate? anyone here who can help
Can you pick your call
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Obamaofusa: 5:54pm On Oct 08, 2020
Prosperchuks1344:

hehehehehe, I pity you lots...
Nigerians and FOREIGNERS are your saving Grace, I pity you lots...

I hope your not targeting the flat head for ritual

Even during regionalism,your ancestors were lent money to by my ancestors because they were lazy and poor making them flee Igboland for the prosperous Yorubaland just like your likes are doing now.You are still poor just like your ancestors.
Yorubas own your flathea.ds.We can use them for rituals or discard them to be eating by your people. grin
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Oritsewhandey(m): 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
Realtalk20:

Don't quote me again if you have nothing to say, I am not your mate, go do this nonsense with the other kids on this forum. I only talk to reasonable people

Bye
What a grandeur slowpoke you are. Age? Lols. Kid. I'm not Obinnafool your pirated video shop apprentice.
What an uncouth pin head menial worker.
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Oritsewhandey(m): 6:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
Realtalk20:

Bye
What a grandeur m.o.r.o.n you are. Age? Lols. Kid. I'm not Obinnafool your pirated video shop apprentice.
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Litmus: 6:27pm On Oct 08, 2020
Moral of story, time is that which prevents everything happening at once smiley

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Realtalk20: 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
Oritsewhandey:

What a grandeur m.o.r.o.n you are. Age? Lols. Kid. I'm not Obinnafool your pirated video shop apprentice.

Let's take a look at this rubbish you typed. Obinna meaning you aren't ibo? Meaning you feel I am ibo meaning you have a low opinion of ibos?

You are a cretin and a miniscule minded ignoramus....

Toya re so stupid it hurts your head to introspect or properly analyze your choices
This is exactly why I don't like interacting with wildlife , they are always unpredictable and and toss up the most unexpected garbage when you are least prepared

You are so dense you just can't engage me in an intellectual capacity you just have to resort to your gutter lifestyle tribalism and try to drag other into it , simply not just because you lack basic intelligence of a 5 year old but you lack any capacity to function normally as an adult in society.

I suspect you are into crime like Yahoo hence you can afford to eat and use the internet because your brain is too weak to help you keep any basic occupation.

Îmbecîle
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by ODJ124(m): 6:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
FreeBiafra2018:
If not for IPOB. That means it would have cost very little or nothing to fix the port all these decades? So what happened all along? Biafra have come to stay, not even this can slow our zeal and quest.

Naija is here to stay... PDP caused the delay...
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Goke7: 6:56pm On Oct 08, 2020
NGpatriot:

1. None of your bogus and irrelevant links counter my assertion and the news article from 2011 that I posted stating clearly that the project was conceived under Shagari, Yaradua awarded the contract and started construction. Jonathan did not start the project, Yaradua awarded the contract and started the project.

2. Just like many abandoned and neglected projects PMB commissioned, it's always the same tired, meaningless and crooked excuse that it was finished by this and that, but it's always hard to explain to Nigerians why and how 16 years of PDP wasn't enough to build, commission and make a common river port active? Why? It's always GEJ did this and that everytime PMB commission projects.

3. Jona commissioned the same port back in 2012 and quickly abandon the project to rot away so you mean PMB traveled back in time to 2012 to take the project away from GEJ and left it dormant?

4. Since GEJ completed and commissioned the project back in 2012, how come we didn't see barges with containers floating up and down that river?

5. There's nothing different about that port, it was the same in 2012, 2013 and 2015 so what stopped GEJ and 16 years of PDP from making that port functional?

You people embarrass yourselves with your weak and illogical excuses, you are not even doing GEJ any favor with your excuse and defence, you make him look bad and incompetent.

honestly i feel for Gej with the way his so called supporters make him look stupid in the current reality of things, meanwhile GEJ himself dey ball seriously with PMB these days
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Prosperchuks1344(m): 7:35pm On Oct 08, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Even during regionalism,your ancestors were lent money to by my ancestors because they were lazy and poor making them flee Igboland for the prosperous Yorubaland just like your likes are doing now.You are still poor just like your ancestors.
Yorubas own your flathea.ds.We can use them for rituals or discard them to be eating by your people. grin

I hope you won't call tinubu and co to come and save you from the poor and lazy Igbos (as you said) if we start buying all your ancestral lands in other Yoruba states? hehehehehe

I heard skull mining is part of yelloba culture, is that true? hehehehehe
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Obamaofusa: 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2020
Prosperchuks1344:

I hope you won't call tinubu and co to come and save you from the poor and lazy Igbos (as you said) if we start buying all your ancestral lands in other Yoruba states? hehehehehe

I heard skull mining is part of yelloba culture, is that true? hehehehehe
Yorubas own your flathea.ds.We can use them for rituals or discard them to be eating by your people. Everybody knows the documented cannibals.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Prosperchuks1344(m): 9:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Yorubas own your flathea.ds.We can use them for rituals or discard them to be eating by your people. Everybody knows the documented cannibals.

And yellobas took over till date, hehehehehe
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Obamaofusa: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2020
Prosperchuks1344:

And yellobas took over till date, hehehehehe
.Yeeebows still remain the documented cannibals.Ask orji.
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Oritsewhandey(m): 1:07am On Oct 09, 2020
Realtalk20:

Let's take a look at this rubbish you typed. Obinna meaning you aren't ibo? Meaning you feel I am ibo meaning you have a low opinion of ibos?

Toya re so stupid it hurts your head to introspect or properly analyze your choices
This is exactly why I don't like interacting with wildlife , they are always unpredictable and and toss up the most unexpected garbage when you are least prepared

You are so dense you just can't engage me in an intellectual capacity you just have to resort to your gutter lifestyle tribalism and try to drag other into it , simply not just because you lack basic intelligence of a 5 year old but you lack any capacity to function normally as an adult in society.

I suspect you are into crime like Yahoo hence you can afford to eat and use the internet because your brain is too weak to help you keep any basic occupation.

Îmbecîle
!Grando estupido.
What a rant of a dysfunctional wretched lad.
You aren't Igbo but painfully went paragraphs to spew unintelligible trash.
Age? Lols. Beauty of these unmerited responses I adorned on your lowlife Igbo being is the factor of 'faceless-ness' NL yet to advance beyond.
Lols. Sounding an academic! From you? With a peanut & abasha (who cares name of d starvation invented food) brain?
Dummy is a donkey.
Stifled m.o.r.o.n.
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Oritsewhandey(m): 1:10am On Oct 09, 2020
Realtalk20:

Îmbecîle
!Grando estupido.
Age? Lols. Beauty of these unmerited responses I adorned on your lowlife Igbo being is the factor of 'faceless-ness' NL yet to advance beyond.
Lols. Sounding an academic! From you? With a peanut & abasha (who cares name of d starvation invented food) brain?
Dummy is a donkey.
Stifled m.o.r.o.n.
Omo yeeeeeeebooooooo
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Realtalk20: 6:28am On Oct 09, 2020
[s]
Oritsewhandey:

!Grando estupido.
Dummy is a donkey.
Stifled m.o.r.o.n.
Omo yeeeeeeebooooooo
[/s]

More unintelligent trash

You mistook my admonishing you to mean I care if you spoke of died of an aneurysm?

You are just dense aren't you ? grin

You want so hard to be taken seriously but unfortunately your childish incoherent babble won't be read any more I shall just proceed to reply thus
You are too stupid to engage in a conversation

Cheers
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Realtalk20: 6:29am On Oct 09, 2020
[s]
Oritsewhandey:

!Grando estupido.
Dummy is a donkey.
Stifled m.o.r.o.n.
[/s]

You are too stupid to engage in a conversation so I won't read your trash
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by hotplate: 7:11am On Oct 09, 2020
Delightful8:
Can you pick your call
which call is that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lady Asks Osinbajo About 'Cabals In Aso Rock'. Check Out His Response / Gwanara Youths Prevent Saraki's Supporters From Entering Their Village. Photos / El-Rufai: South-East Can Fit Into Kaduna Two And The Half Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.