Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning (43183 Views)

Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. / Onitsha River Port Concession To Generate Over ₦50 Billion Revenue / Onitsha River Port Concessioned To Universal Eligion Consortium (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Kezmag(m): 5:25pm On Oct 07, 2020
Great news to ndi otu nkwo, Mgbuka obosi, Ochanga, relieve, Bridge head mrkt and Nkwo Nnewi
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Obamaofusa: 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2020
Prosperchuks1344:

how old are you biko, can you point out where I said ogun state na Igbo state....?

I just want you to tell us how mush IGR yellobas generate in ogun state to be compared with non yellobas, finish..

Ogun state is a Yoruba state and everything in it belongs to the Yorubas including your flath.eads.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Psoul(m): 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2020
I don't want to sound negative.
Just watch how FG will flood there with Custom Officers, Navy, Police that will tend to frustrate importers and activities there.
At the end, that place will be abandoned and importers will be forced to continue using ports in the West.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by femolii: 5:55pm On Oct 07, 2020
I'm just laughing, people deceiving themselves with fake pictures. that jetty belong to nigeria inland waterways authority (NIWA).
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by sabidey: 5:58pm On Oct 07, 2020
FuckThaMod:
Develop the ports in ph, uyo, delta and calabar too.. We biafrans can't be depending on no man's land for our imports and later receive insults like as if the place is better than New York.
write a request to the Biafran President, try to persuade him to actualize this for you

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Misterdhee1(m): 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2020
Prosperchuks1344:

if yorubas have the capacity to pay us for all our investments in Lagos with cash, then we will leave eko immediately...
Did they invite you from your villages before?
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Misterdhee1(m): 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2020
Prosperchuks1344:

if yorubas are owing us nothing then I urge you to stop calling the Igbos out coz we owe yorubas nothing too...

you are ahead of GDP and development?
And who are those contributing on Lagos GDP and development? ndi yelloba okwia?
Go back home and contribute to your states' GDP and development. Why should an igbo man's charity begin in Lagos?
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Misterdhee1(m): 6:30pm On Oct 07, 2020
Prosperchuks1344:

leave that e-diot, I don't even know what Yorubas contributes to naija economy self....
Otedola, Alakija that are richer than the richest of your tribesmen actually contributes nothing to the economy. wink
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Misterdhee1(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2020
Prosperchuks1344:

ok, can you tell us how mush IGR yellobas generate in ogun state and how mush IGR Igbos generate in ogun state and how mush IGR FOREIGNERS generate in ogun state and how mush IGR other Nigerians generate in ogun state....?

hope I'm not confusing you?
Are you guys not ashamed? Your brothers and sisters in the entire SE can't generate IGRs that even measure up to Ogun state's igr only despite the usual loudmouthing and chestbeating. But here you're dragging with a yoruba man about how you guys are the one responsible for Ogun state's higher igr than the entire SE. Se won se pe fun E ni?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Elin: 6:43pm On Oct 07, 2020
grin grin
Nwodosis:
You mean containers can reach landlocked areas? grin grin

grin grin grin Bad guy no mind them! grin
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Grateful007: 6:53pm On Oct 07, 2020
cheesy Onitsha addo
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by frowland(m): 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2020
FuckThaMod:
Develop the ports in ph, uyo, delta and calabar too.. We biafrans can't be depending on no man's land for our imports and later receive insults like as if the place is better than New York.

Calabar port is working. My few containers land there often.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:20pm On Oct 07, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
Not yet Uhuru, this scam Govt can do anything for camera just to claim they are working in the SE.

For avoidance of doubt, this is not the first time, barges bring in containers to the mini port. Julius Berger used that water to transport all the materials they used in building their camp near River Niger as well as . materials for the bridge. So if Ministry of transportation is test running barge movement of containers, it should not be termed "pioneer"

Again, that River Port was built by GEJ but abandoned by Buhari until now, don't be surprised it will be left after this camera propaganda
Hmmm I thought as much

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:27pm On Oct 07, 2020
KingOdart:

I thought you guys said you are tired of developing Lagos and want to go back home to develop your region.

If you have properties in Lagos and list it all for sale, I am sure you will find buyers

Sell your properties in Lagos and move back to Onitsha.
Like you can afford to buy their properties. Rubbish
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by FuckThaMod: 7:36pm On Oct 07, 2020
frowland:

Calabar port is working. My few containers land there often.
Very nice
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Ahamefuna0001(m): 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2020
It's long over due
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 07, 2020
dgitrader:
IN A FAILING STATE LIKE NIGERIA, THE DAY A TYPICAL PRISON WARDER GIVES OUT SACHET WATER TO ALL INMATES, THERE WILL BE A LOUD OVATION .
Hmmmm
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Ngorbungor(m): 8:21pm On Oct 07, 2020
Take a look at this statement

In his statement, the former National Auditor of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) declared that making Nigeria's waterways navigable is key to reducing the pressure on our roads as most of the containers can be moved to their destinations safely by water.

"if our waterways are navigable and open, we can go by water, not by road. It is this aspect that drew my attention to the fact that the pressure we have on our road today can very well be avoided. For example, if 1,000 containers are coming from Apapa port and if half or even 70 per cent is going to end in the Southeast- Onitsha, Aba, or what have you — what that means is that 500 or 700 trailers will be on the road"

So it means 50% to 70% of imports goes to the East!!!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by NGpatriot: 8:39pm On Oct 07, 2020
sleekman:
GEJ conceived and brought these ports to life. Buhari came in and abandoned them all these while. Thank God its now operational. Thanks to NOI & GEJ.

Onitsha river port – at last! ON SEPTEMBER 30, 2011

Work on this port was resumed in earnest on December 12, 2009 under the President Umaru Yar’ Adua regime with an award of contract valued at N4.182 billion to Inter-Bau Construction Ltd to ensure the installation of all facilities and equipment necessary for harbour operations. According to the minister, “with the speed with which the contractor is working on the project, it is expected that will be completed in a few weeks.

The completion of this project was one of the campaign promises made to Nigerians by Mr. President during his presidential campaign. We will invite him to come and see things for himself.” This comes as cheering news given the sad history of this project. It was established over 30 years ago under the regime of President Shehu Shagari.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/onitsha-river-port-at-last/

This news article is from 2011, the project was initiated 30 years ago under Shagari Administration, Yaradua awarded the contract and construction started in under Yaradua.

Read the news, educate yourself and stop embarrassing yourself with lies and misinformation.4

i still don't understand what was so difficult about infrastructures and similar projects all over the country that previous administrations abandoned for decades when money was flowing all over the place, when we did not have to borrow 1 kobo to do anything. Why?

What was so difficult about building and commissioning ordinary river port that it must be abandoned and remain unproductive for decades.

Why is it that PMB with little money is the only president commissioning projects, completing projects that past administrations abandoned for decades. Why?.

And the same useless, lazy, incompetent looting and stealing people want to come back. For what? To abandon more projects and send us back for decades. ?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Prosperchuks1344(m): 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Are you guys not ashamed? Your brothers and sisters in the entire SE can't generate IGRs that even measure up to Ogun state's igr only despite the usual loudmouthing and chestbeating. But here you're dragging with a yoruba man about how you guys are the one responsible for Ogun state's higher igr than the entire SE. Se won se pe fun E ni?

can you point out where I said Igbos are the reason why ogun IGR is higher than ur entire generation not south east?

I asked a simple question Mr ewedu, and I will make it very simple for you to understand...

dear accommodator, is it only yellobas that contribute to ogun IGR?

YES OR NO.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Prosperchuks1344(m): 8:46pm On Oct 07, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Otedola, Alakija that are richer than the richest of your tribesmen actually contributes nothing to the economy. wink

can you tell us what they contribute to the economy and its benefits to Nigerians/yellobas?
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Prosperchuks1344(m): 8:53pm On Oct 07, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Go back home and contribute to your states' GDP and development. Why should an igbo man's charity begin in Lagos?

Lagos is a no man's land which everyone knows and our charity doesn't start in Lagos, ur just ignorant, lol.

and pls don't 4get to ask tinubu and other yellobas why should their own charity begin in Lagos.. hehehehehe
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Prosperchuks1344(m): 8:55pm On Oct 07, 2020
Misterdhee1:
Did they invite you from your villages before?
direct this your quest to awolowo de father of tribalism in Nigeria.
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Prosperchuks1344(m): 8:59pm On Oct 07, 2020
Obamaofusa:

Ogun state is a Yoruba state and everything in it belongs to the Yorubas including your flath.eads.

hehehehehe, I pity you lots...
Nigerians and FOREIGNERS are your saving Grace, I pity you lots...

I hope your not targeting the flat head for ritual
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by sleekman(m): 9:35pm On Oct 07, 2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/constructionreviewonline.com/2014/08/nigeria-federal-government-completes-dredging-527km-river-niger/%3famp

https://247ureports.com/2012/09/onitsha-river-ports-many-unanswered-questions/

https://sweetcrudereports.com/govt-to-provide-security-for-onitsha-river-port-bound-cargoes/

https://container-mag.com/2011/09/07/two-liebherr-lhm-180-cranes-for-onitsha-river-port/

Please argue with facts next time. That port was visible for all to see from the river Niger bridge. It was completed. Buhari left it dormant just to take glory for what was completed.
NGpatriot:

This news article is from 2011, the project was initiated 30 years ago under Shagari Administration, Yaradua awarded the contract and construction started in under Yaradua.

Read the news, educate yourself and stop embarrassing yourself with lies and misinformation.4

i still don't understand what was so difficult about infrastructures and similar projects all over the country that previous administrations abandoned for decades when money was flowing all over the place, when we did not have to borrow 1 kobo to do anything. Why?

What was so difficult about building and commissioning ordinary river port that it must be abandoned and remain unproductive for decades.

Why is it that PMB with little money is the only president commissioning projects, completing projects that past administrations abandoned for decades. Why?.

And the same useless, lazy, incompetent looting and stealing people want to come back. For what? To abandon more projects and send us back for decades. ?
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by GboGboAye: 10:49pm On Oct 07, 2020
Oh wow! This is good news! Progress.
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by winterfell007(m): 10:54pm On Oct 07, 2020
Akaujaa:
Buhari keep giving some people reasons to swallow their own bitter pills. Politicians from the South East especially those from PDP extraction invented a propaganda using the Fulani Hersdmen and how Buhari hates the region and then sold it to almost everyone in the region. They all foolishly bought it and are spreading it across board while the politicians keep cashing in. Buhari has repeatedly showed that he hates not the South East through the construction of many projects. I usually challenge anyone to tell me at least 3 projects the Goodluck Jonathan (that doesn't hate the South East) administration completed in the South East in his 6 years as president and I'll tell you the 5 Buhari has done in 5 years.

Okay tell us five projects Buhari completed?
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by divineappo(m): 11:09pm On Oct 07, 2020
Illiterates everywhere.

For Goodness sake, That place in Onitsha is not a seaport ooo, its a "Bonded Terminal".

No ship goes there, besides, a badge has been moving containers there for months, a new company just began their own badge operations, govt decided to glory over it by calling it a seaport and illiterates are celebrating

Symptoms of a failed state, citizens celebrate what they don't understand
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 08, 2020
Realtalk20:

[s]You are so naive your Brain is on sabbatical
Ph port has been sold to BUA group they own it now, it's operated as a private port that's the ownership Dangote took him to court to contest but there was a settlement.
Uyo port will soon be sold off to another Northerner same with this onitsha port[/s]
FuckThaMod:
[s]Develop the ports in ph, uyo, delta and calabar too.. We biafrans can't be depending on no man's land for our imports and later receive insults like as if the place is better than New York[/s].
You are talking nonsense. Do you have an idea about geography? What is Uyo Port? Does Uyo have sea?
Re: Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning by Mathantics: 1:25am On Oct 08, 2020
Lordspicy:
For once I have something to commend buhari about. Nice one

The Onitsha port have been completed and functioning before Buhari came to power.

It was the 2nd Niger bridge project that stopped it from working because the water was divided and blocked by the contractors

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

APC Wins 2 Senatorial Seats, 6 House Of Reps Seats In Osun, / Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board / APC Disqualifies 12 Kogi Governorship Aspirants (Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.