Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,280 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi (44389 Views)

Tell Tinubu That Nigeria Is Not Lagos If You Really Care"—Kayode Ogundamisi / Summary Of Nnamdi Kanu's World Address By Kayode Ogundamisi / See What Kayode Ogundamisi Said About Sen. Bukola Sarki That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by TheWalkingMind: 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
Baba it's the same for every country. Every world power fight for their citizens to occupy the biggest positions in the biggest organisations globally. It's not just a Nigerian thing, why, because they get to have a say in those organisations.
Norms ≠ right

That's how someone was trying to explain to me Osinbajo being President helps me as a Yoruba man. It only helps his pockets and his cronies.

NOI winning is good and deserved, but it serves no use to the country.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Perfectbeing(m): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2020
Elsueno:

I really don't know what's wrong with some Nigerians, How could they actively try to bring down another of our own people. Am not Yoruba nor Igbo nor Hausa. But I believe as Nigerians we should do everything to support our own on the international stage. Not bring them down

Am so ashamed!
One would wonder if South Koreans are belittling the post of DG of the WTO too.

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by 7lives: 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2020
HigherEd:

From what we can see Kayode was citing a UK finance report. I can't see anything here where he said she wouldn't win. Unless there are still other screens hots they aren't showing us.

Most of those ranting don't even understand simple English.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by WoundedLamb: 2:32pm On Oct 10, 2020
HigherEd:

From what we can see Kayode was citing a UK finance report. I can't see anything here where he said she wouldn't win. Unless there are still other screens hots they aren't showing us.

The point is that bringing up these things to the full glare of the internet now only discredits her and the writer, as well as you and I, knows this. You think her competitor does not have any report that may not be so good too? But her people are bent on pushing her forward. I don't know why Nigerians can't come together to achieve something.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by deji17: 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2020
OAUTemitayo:
Where did he say that?
Why are you trying to instigate unnecessary hate against him?

They are illiterates. Ogundamisi quoted someone on his tweet, now that quote has become Ogindamisi's statement.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by MakindeHassan: 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2020
This is sad. Black bringing black down. Do you think the other candidates are angels. When Akinwumi Adesina was tied in a scandal all Nigerians stood by him regardless of religion and tribe. Why this rubbish? Let tribalism not blind us.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by HigherEd: 2:49pm On Oct 10, 2020
WoundedLamb:

The point is that bringing up these things to the full glare of the internet now only discredits her and the writer, as well as you and I, knows this. You think her competitor does not have any report that may not be so good too? But her people are bent on pushing her forward. I don't know why Nigerians can't come together to achieve something.

Hmm valid point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by sanpipita(m): 2:51pm On Oct 10, 2020
Okonjo Iweala has endorsement of OACPS a 79 member state organization, I will be surprised if she doesn't win this

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by coi: 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2020
Nigerian nomination to a position of this magnitude should be supported by her people not to dig up holes to seek her down fall.
Let us support ourselves for once and stop this hatred and tribalism.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by King44(m): 3:00pm On Oct 10, 2020
Realtalk20:

I shall ignore you personal jibes and focus on the points you raised

1. I am a pure south south man and have lived in Lagos Sound, Info, Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Warri, Rivers , Imo, Ebonyi, Anambra and Benue within Nigeria

2. My work takes me around alot and I can spend months in end at one place or the other a minimum of three - six months

3. I am very social and I enter deeply into any culture or place I find myself I mix well with people my work ensures I have to be.

4. I stated facts only.. Yorubas are the most tribalistic tribe in Nigeria and very cunning .. they have this pack mentality when it comes to tribalism and the so called exposed ones who should speak up against injustice keep mute, this is the undoing in the tribe.

5. In any scenario where there is a matter to be settled by default the Yoruba man labels the foreigner as wrong without due recourse to evidence of what happened. Yoruba are so good at their tribalism that they cloak it and come to you being friendly and social and at first appear as good hosts and kind but alas it is a ploy

6. I don't favor of dislike any tribe I am just State it as it is. Fir example in the north the hausa man is very unbiased in all matters if you are wrong they will tell you plainly .. the ibo man is unfair when it comes to market and business they can put a foreigner out of business if he or she is seen as a threat but still that foreigner can go to the market union and get fair justice, and into are very welcoming outside business and fair in all matters. South south our own isn't hard, we don't have issues with anyone , we just wanna be left to be happy and successful in peace , don't over look us or try to bully us, but we are good hosts .

7. I will state it clearly , the Yoruba are very extremely manipulative, deceitful and not trust worthy and all other turned across Nigeria and beyond know this. Ask any indian national or foreigner in Nigeria what they think of the three tribes they will tell you never trust Yoruba man.

Stop presenting your personal issues as fact
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Realtalk20: 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2020
King44:
Stop presenting your personal issues as fact

Okay bro I rest my case

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by adekS1(m): 3:14pm On Oct 10, 2020
princemillla:
Am hating all this bad belle thing.

Ogundamisi I supposed is a learned fellow. This woman gave a lecture at one convocation ceremony explained how her mum was kidnapped by an u known people who demanded she back out from a certain contract. Wasn't that genuine reason to know she could not have raise much alarm about goings in the entire system?

Nija doesn't worth sacrificing for in any level.

I would av resigned if I were in her shoe but.....

I still feel she should av resigned if she is in such case and want to truly protect her own integrity...ohh l guess its not a Nigerian thing to resign.

Atimes little things we do stand for av do enormous influence in our greatness in life but we do think its of no use.

Tough l won't still support open bashing of ogunda-si
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by israelmao(m): 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2020
Miserable people are wishing her bad luck but she will surely win in fact she has won because the final stage is a workover.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 10, 2020
SIRTee15:

U very funny...
Adesina's late brother was our neighbour while growing up and he comes around to greet. That's to tell u how well I know him.
Check my posts...I supported adesina on this forum like no tmrw. Not because he's from my state or tribe, I was just pissed off with the way America wanted to rubbish him....afdb was a dead organisation until he came on board and brought life into the bank. He deserved his 2nd term.
Yes, some hopeless ibo tribal bigots on social media including nairaland mocked him. They accused him of nepotism, they said that's how Yoruba people behave forgetting most of his appt in afdb favoured ibos.
But eminent ibos like Peter obi n aruma oteh supported him, and that's what matter.
Okonjo is renowned banker and economist globally. Her credential is solid and deserves the post. We Nigerians should support her irrespective of tribe.
Kayode Ogundamisi is a renowned publicist of Yoruba lineage. His actions carry weight and shouldn't be seen engaging in such distasteful campaign. The best he could do if he's not happy with okonjo is to shut up.

You are a tribal bigot. You are never from Ogun State. There are several millions of people from Yoruba land. Peter Obi supported Adesina during the rejection of the probe but it was a tribal war between the IBOs and Yorubas on social media and several government / International institutions. The verbal support of Peter Obi did not add or remove anything to the acidic online battle between Adesina supporters and his enemies on social media. The battle continued until he was reelected.

Because Kayode is a Yoruba man , to you, the Yorubas are opposed to NOI. The Yorubas don't think that way. Only IBO think that way. Yorubas are known to have expressed views contrary to fellow yorubas based on self perception and best of judgement. It is very impossible for all yorubas to have the same view. He is entitled to his opinion.

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Yankee101: 3:33pm On Oct 10, 2020
I dont think south Korean media if pushing narratives against her candidate
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Dizzyrascal(m): 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2020
TheWalkingMind:
Norms ≠ right

That's how someone was trying to explain to me Osinbajo being President helps me as a Yoruba man. It only helps his pockets and his cronies.

NOI winning is good and deserved, but it serves no use to the country.
come to think of it, I think you have a valid point. The fact that she wins or not has no real benefits to individuals like me or you; its just a thing of national pride. The fact that we have leadership in this country has never really had any relative impact in the lives of our country's citizens. But that is as a result of the peculiarities of the system we practice over here.

Those positions are as good as the persons occupying them. We are already used to positions of power having no impact on the lives of people so I can't fault your logic. But those organisations exists for a purpose though.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by aribisala0(m): 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2020
Dbeautifulme:
Why are my tribal people like this for crying out loud... Someone is going for such an exalted position as that,
Instead of supporting her
Yall came crawling all on her back like some pest shit.... Yall stupid or something??
Must everybody support her? Is tribalism the only reason for not supporting her? You are the one that is tribalist that is why you see that as the only reason

people can refuse to support he

for no reason
Because they don't think she deserves it
because they don't agree with dual citizenship
because she is too fat
because she wears glasses

etc

That is their right

If you believe it has to be because she is Igbo

YOU are the one with a problem

I do not support her because of people like you and I just don't like her
I think she was a failure in Nigeria and I do not think she is going there to represent Nigerian or African interests

Honestly I do not support ANY AFRICAN heading that organization as it is currently constituted period
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Tochj(m): 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2020
smallsmall:

Miseraly Flatron Ipob, l hope this gives yousomething to masturbate about all year, to mask your miserable life.
One Ogundamisi tweeting what others said, does not equal the whole SW, just like you would say that Ipob man in Malaysia Prisons for Drug smuggling or that Ipob baby-factory, does not equal the whole South East.
undecided
Bros you too dey ves o
Your blood dey hot
I never reach like that
I dey talk am as I see am o.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by VULCAN(m): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2020
You must be rather primitive to "think" that I am Igbo just because I am speaking up for them.

As a well tribalised Nigeria I know you would only speak for matters that favour your tribe.

It's not an injustice if a bad deed is done to another tribe. That is the field you play in.

Not all Nigerians are like you.

Although I must admit that your type is the majority and the major reason why we have such a bad leader in place today.

As that is your level of civility I won't bother to try to say any more.

May you be treated the same way you treat others.

And may Buharis handling of Nigeria echo in your household since you are mentioning the past govt without condemning him.

babaolofin:

You the IBOs are very parochial and sentimental in your thinking. Very absurd and most times irrational on matters that require objectivity. Firstly, Nigerians have no voting power and the eventual winner is determined by several factors only known to the clique that controls WTO.

Madam Ngozi was the finance minister and head of the economic team under Jonathan - the government that made the highest revenue in the history of Africa till date but without saving one kobo, but borrowed heavily and spent over $20 billion out of the reserve Obasanjo left. That is the greatest fraud in the history of Africa. Estimated $100 billion got wasted / looted under her watch.

The IBOs can never see anything bad in that fraud because it favours them. The Yorubas don't support evil and as such have nothing against Ngozi, otherwise, Obasanjo should have written to the board of WTO to drop her.

Kemi Olunloyo has written against prominent yoruba citizens based on information available to her, Sahara Reporters have done same. We have internal political, religious and socio - cultural dichotomy in yoruba land creating rooms for diverse opinions. This is missing in IBO land. Fela sang against Abiola (ITT) and Obasanjo, they were all from the same town and childhood friends, in IBO, anything against them is hatred for the entire IBO, no objectivity at all.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Dizzyrascal(m): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2020
babaolofin:

You are a tribal bigot. You are never from Ogun State. There are several millions of people from Yoruba land. Peter Obi supported Adesina during the rejection of the probe but it was a tribal war between the IBOs and Yorubas on social media and several government / International institutions. The verbal support of Peter Obi did not add or remove anything to the acidic online battle between Adesina supporters and his enemies on social media. The battle continued until he was reelected.

Because Kayode is a Yoruba man , to you, the Yorubas are opposed to NOI. The Yorubas don't think that way. Only IBO think that way. Yorubas are known to have expressed views contrary to fellow yorubas based on self perception and best of judgement. It is very impossible for all yorubas to have the same view. He is entitled to his opinion.

I am not lbo but by you writing that only IBO think that way is making you appear like a tribalist. I know you are not, but try avoiding the urge to get emotional, then you would get your point across perfectly.

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by okonyia(m): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2020
Keep your opinion and analysis to yourself.
Let the panel do their job.
Okonjo Iwuala, is very much qualified for that position, and I am very sure she will be nominated despite all your negative thought.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by badfuckerz(m): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2020
dlaw70:
why is it only yorubas that have looked into the future and have seen that she will not win ?

Bad Belle no good at all !!

Even when that Yoruba guy at the head of Afdb was accused of corruption,non of you came out to say he will not win a second term,yet he won at the end of the day.
All I see in this country is TRIBALISM .
It is so strong in Nigeria that I will conclude that TRIBALISM is worst than Racism.
Did he say he was speaking for Yoruba people or did Yoruba appointmented him as their pro whatever anyone says is his own personal opinion and that doesn't reflect the opinion of the rest of millions of Yoruba world wide
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by laidima88(m): 4:08pm On Oct 10, 2020
I DNT know why igbos see this as hate, it's jst an opinion and it may likely not count
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by aribisala0(m): 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2020
laidima88:
I DNT know why igbos see this as hate, it's jst an opinion and it may likely not count
Paranoia, insecurity and low self esteem
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by aribisala0(m): 4:20pm On Oct 10, 2020
coi:
Nigerian nomination to a position of this magnitude should be supported by her people not to dig up holes to seek her down fall.
Let us support ourselves for once and stop this hatred and tribalism.
Not necessarily .

If the person goes there to mess up they disgrace all Nigerians so there is nothing wrong speaking against their candidacy and everything wrong supporting them just BECAUSE they are Nigerian.
I would support Oby Ezekwesili but I can never support NOI.

I believe she owes greater allegiance to the West than Africa even when she was Finance Minister. Who knows which of her and her husband's secrets are in the hands of the US

The much touted "comptence" we never saw in Nigeria

All we saw was blunder after blunder, scandal after scandal
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by tiger28: 4:30pm On Oct 10, 2020
flyingpig:
That is the responsibility of the corrupt bureeacrats in Nigerian seat of power. It was not as though she couldn't cover the point of leakage. But you will be instructed not to so that they can have unfettered access to public treasury.
You have a point that she COULDN'T have said NO to the ppl in power BUT someone of her exposure should have done what most exposed ppl do in Western Countries......RESIGN for your reputable sake. Colin Powell resigned when he noticed that George Bush was using him to lie about the weapons of mass destruction lies against Saddam Hussein. Now it can seriously hurt her but I pray NOT!
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by kingsvictor2: 4:43pm On Oct 10, 2020
Oracleforce:

Igbo people never know anything....you started it, and we have joined you.... 101 facts show that NOI is not qualified to occupy the office... The evil that men or women do live after them... She will not be appointed...
Afonjaaaaaaa! rat poison is in d market

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by SIRTee15: 5:19pm On Oct 10, 2020
aribisala0:
Not necessarily .

If the person goes there to mess up they disgrace all Nigerians so there is nothing wrong speaking against their candidacy and everything wrong supporting them just BECAUSE they are Nigerian.
I would support Oby Ezekwesili but I can never support NOI.

I believe she owes greater allegiance to the West than Africa even when she was Finance Minister. Who knows which of her and her husband's secrets are in the hands of the US

The much touted "comptence" we never saw in Nigeria

All we saw was blunder after blunder, scandal after scandal

If kayode Ogundamisi had argued along this line, I'll understand his divergence opinion.
We don't all have to agree and not every Nigeria should support okonjo.
But digging up a dirt that bears no resemblance to present issue is in poor taste n gives room for people to think there's an ulterior motive.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by billbonesmd(m): 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2020
May God forgive you
Oracleforce:

Igbo people never know anything....you started it, and we have joined you....
101 facts show that NOI is not qualified to occupy the office...
The evil that men or women do live after them...
She will not be appointed...
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by basadenet: 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2020
This ogundamisi guy must be really sick. We don't seems value our own expect others. Okonji will be the winner in jesus name, amen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Federal-High Court, Rivers State - Metronaija.com / Boko Haram Terrorist Who Disguised As Lady Stripped After Being Nabbed. Photos / Malami: Nnamdi Kanu Discharged, Not Acquitted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.