Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi (44462 Views)

Tell Tinubu That Nigeria Is Not Lagos If You Really Care"—Kayode Ogundamisi / See What Kayode Ogundamisi Said About Sen. Bukola Sarki That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Goke7: 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2020
Let's stop all these negativity abeg, we all want NOI for the job. Akinwunmi Adeshina was also a minister and lots went underground too during his reign as agric minister. Are we saying other countries including the western nations that monies do not get missing in their ministries too.

It's high time Nigerians stop allowing western nations fool us with their holier than thou attitude, nobody holy pass. NOI is most qualified for the job and she will get it period
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by kokomilala(m): 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2020
@Juliusmalema,no ,that's not true. There are many Yoruba people who wish her the very best. I'm one of them. I'm her fan,and honestly, I hope she nicks it.
What Kayode is trying to say is the political dynamics behind the scenes. The US holds sway in this agency. If they don't want her, it will be difficult for her to get it. But I wish her every success.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by AsiwajuNdigbo: 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2020
YORUBA PEOPLE STOP THIS NONSENSE. STOP YOUR JEALOUSY AND LEAVE MY PEOPLE ALONE.

NGOZI SHALL GET THIS POSITION. SUPPORT HER, SHE IS NIGERIAN LIKE YOU.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Openbusiness: 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2020
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

YOU ARE FAR FROM THE TRUTH, CALL A SPADE A SPADE. HE IS LOOKING FOR FANS AND FAME AS YOU SAID THIS PERIOD OF #ENDSARS# AND YOU THINK ATTACKING NGOZI OKONJO-IWEALA WILL FETCH HIM THAT.
So you think the DG WTO matter is not relevant enough to draw or exploit fame from? You're funny oh. Ok, if it can't get him fame, then why has this thread gotten to 9 pages and counting on Nairaland? For a thread to get to 9 pages means it is a traffic pulling thread. "Controversial" news sell. Kemi tweeted against Endsars and she tweeted against NOI DG nomination too, who is Kemi? Famous Journalist that got famous by dishing out controversies regularly on social media. She's so famous now that she has literally become a household name on social media. If she was politically inclined, by now she could have bagged a political appointment with one party or another. If the NOI WTO DG nomination is not something they can exploit for attention and fame, will Kemi have jumped on it? It's like you don't know how big that WTO DG job is. Even in international circles, it is pulling weight and pulling traffic as people are lobbying left right and center and there is huge media publicity on it.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by a4cube: 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2020
obailala:
Kayode from what I see, only quoted a statement in a book pointing out a situation which opponents might use and which might be a setback for NOI. How did you (and several others on this thread) even interpret that to mean "Kayode is having bad belle"?
Why did they not use the quote from the beginning? He(Kayode) just want to remind them of the quote just at this final stage so they can use it against her. We know the gimmick ok.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by uruego(f): 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2020
Yoruba people n bad belle, chai.

2 Likes

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by AsiwajuNdigbo: 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2020
kokomilala:
@Juliusmalema,no ,that's not true. There are many Yoruba people who wish her the very best. I'm one of them. I'm her fan,and honestly, I hope she nicks it.
What Kayode is trying to say is the political dynamics behind the scenes. The US holds sway in this agency. If they don't want her, it will be difficult for her to get it. But I wish her every success.

US did not want Adesina to get Afdb. Did he not end up winning? Where was Kemi and Ogundamisi then?

Swallow your consolation remark, we dont want to hear it.

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by a4cube: 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

Does Lauretta represent igbos?
Abi when una Wan get sense?
Is Lauretta Igbo?
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by aspiring44: 1:17pm On Oct 10, 2020
kettykin:
Since when did Ngozi okonjo Iweala become EFCC chairman or chairwoman. It seems some people are chronically demented illiterates.

Is the present minister for finance curbing corruption or is it the job description of a finance minister to fight or curb corruption?

Offcourse she can curb it .At least she brought sanity into customs by gearing up the revenue through her policy implementation.

Money paid into government customs was done through single window and it was the same policy she brought from WTO .

The essence of that policy is to enable an importer to clear good within 48 hours which is what is applicable in other countries., the reverse is the case here where customs are extorting for no reason creating unnecessary delays at the port.

She deserves the position so well..

Our attitude is just the key to bring about positive change .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by a4cube: 1:19pm On Oct 10, 2020
Openbusiness:
Even if someone opens such petition and it gets 100 billion votes or signatures, the US government is not going to deport anybody based on that, when the person didn't break any US laws or have a criminal expatriation request from his/her country of origin. And in this case NOI is even an America citizen, so it can't work. Which shows you such things are only politically sponsored divide-and-conquer propaganda, which also proves my point. Such things are being sponsored by those that don't want unity in the South, and they push it to the public space and watch us tears ourselves apart with tribalism, while they laugh and continue owning all the major wealth in this country.

This tweet was a 100% quote from another person who is a very famous personality in international circles. It was her opinion not his. Sharing it doesn't mean he hates NOI, in short, I think it helps her so her team can know those who are pushing against her selection and work around to counter it. If he didn't tweet this info, maybe 90% of Nigerians won't even know, maybe her own team might not be aware. The good news is, it's just this woman's opinion and others have their opinion too. And this woman is not part of the WTO DG selection team. And it stands now, most of the international power Bloc countries are supporting NOI, even China is supporting her. So we can't be too emotional in matters like this. But see it has turned to tribal war.
Why quoting the twit now?
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Protagonist(m): 1:24pm On Oct 10, 2020
This BANTER was unnecessary. NOI paid her dues and deserves the position. Kayode Ogundamisi is just one unfortunate BAD BELLE that can never die well.

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by SIRTee15: 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2020
babaolofin:

This is not a tribal issue. I believed you are not from Ogun State you are just living in Ogun State. Psychologically, and from intelligence reviews of what you posted above, I can pick so many things there. Firstly, Arunma Oteh was not among the first eminent Nigerians that defended Adesina when US and few foreign investors in AfDB rejected the probe outcome. Chief Obasanjo and major African leaders supported him. We know how the probe became tribal war between Yorubas and IBOs on various social media and government / International Institutions. Now, everybody can claim to support him. The issue you raised about paid campaign against NOI shows your tribal bloc and sentiments .

U very funny...
Adesina's late brother was our neighbour while growing up and he comes around to greet. That's to tell u how well I know him.
Check my posts...I supported adesina on this forum like no tmrw. Not because he's from my state or tribe, I was just pissed off with the way America wanted to rubbish him....afdb was a dead organisation until he came on board and brought life into the bank. He deserved his 2nd term.
Yes, some hopeless ibo tribal bigots on social media including nairaland mocked him. They accused him of nepotism, they said that's how Yoruba people behave forgetting most of his appt in afdb favoured ibos.
But eminent ibos like Peter obi n aruma oteh supported him, and that's what matter.
Okonjo is renowned banker and economist globally. Her credential is solid and deserves the post. We Nigerians should support her irrespective of tribe.
Kayode Ogundamisi is a renowned publicist of Yoruba lineage. His actions carry weight and shouldn't be seen engaging in such distasteful campaign. The best he could do if he's not happy with okonjo is to shut up.

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by King44(m): 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2020
Realtalk20:

That's typical speaking from both sides of the mouth ..
You can read what every Yoruba is typing here right ?

The fact is Yoruba hate ibos and cannot be trusted by any tribe

We the south south can't trust you either

The north don't trust you either

Yoruba tribe is the most distrusted in Nigeria

Let me ask you a simple question how many people do you know one on one on Nairaland a Yoruba guy or girl that is against her?

Why are you so bitter?

Why do you think Yorubas don't don't like igbos when in the real world we are coexisting peacefully except people like you who think that people who don't take sides with you are enemy?

Stop thinking like senseless being, mind you I am not calling you a senseless person, I am just telling you facts.

I don't have problem with igbos but I don't like IPOB noise and the thought that people who don't take sides with them her their enemies but they deserve the rights as well and should be respected for that.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Openbusiness: 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2020
a4cube:
Why did they not use the quote from the beginning? He(Kayode) just want to remind them of the quote just at this final stage so they can use it against her. We know the gimmick ok.
So you think the international powers that be who will determine and decide who becomes the WTO DG know whether one guy called Kayode exists? Or you think they follow him on twitter and depend on his tweets to appoint candidates? Very, very few people in this world have the kind of educational pedigree and qualifications that NOI has in her field. She's super-qualified any time any day. That's why she made it to the finalist stage. The people that are choosing are they illiterates, you think they don't know the background and accomplishment of each candidate? Both finalists are very excellent candidates, and both are women but 1 person will get the job eventually and this tweet is 100% inconsequential in determining that. So stop making political jobbers famous by feeding their controversies with attention! It's not even his article. I even checked it and saw that it's actually a yahoo new article and it's even recent 8th October, read the article here and see it. Whether why he decided to share this news on his Twitter is good or bad makes no difference at all. It doesn't change anything.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-nigerias-hope-101439966.html

It's just a normal news on Yahoo. Overall, the article is even in her favor. Most people here just fought tribal war for nothing, you just added more social media fame to this guy's name for FREE.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by kettykin: 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2020
Oracleforce:

You just expose your ignorant...when she was finance minister, she did a lot of damage to our economy and finance...her misdemeanor is the prime cause of the recession we experience some years ago.
Now she is no longer your finance minister , you econony is in free fall and Naira is the weakest currency in Africa and Nigeria is sinking in debts, when she was the finance minister Nigeria was the biggest economy in Africa and one of the fastest grwing economies and she helped Nigeria pay off all her debts
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by frog12: 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2020
the WOMAN may have good qualifications but e look like they RIGGED the process to put her at the TOP. the mexican and egyptian were even VERY GOOD. the WOMAN get too many INTERESTS and BAGGAGES. I have no PROBLEM WITH her. for positions LIKE THESE, because it is political, it is always BETTER to get A NEUTRAL person with no baggage.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by AsiwajuNdigbo: 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2020
kettykin:

Now she is no longer your finance minister , you econony is in free fall and Naira is the weakest currency in Africa and Nigeria is sinking in debts, when she was the finance minister Nigeria was the biggest economy in Africa and one of the fastest grwing economies and she helped Nigeria pay off all her debts

This is why they are hating, because it is not their sister, Kemi
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by AerialMapper: 1:44pm On Oct 10, 2020
He wouldn't write this if her name was Kemi Adeosun....

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by LordOfTheGame: 1:46pm On Oct 10, 2020
OAUTemitayo:
Where did he say that?
Why are you trying to instigate unnecessary hate against him?

Nobody is instigating any hate against the chief hater himself. His motive for pin-pointing and sharing a negative view of someone against NOI which of course is a blatant lie and unsubstantiated shows Ogundamisi's hate-filled biased mind.
We know their games but their frustrations will keep hitting them back to back.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by frog12: 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2020
so she WANT TRUMP'S support. BIDEN may support her but AMERICANS only support someone they can CONTROL.
THEY CAN control Koreans like cats!

hahahha

SIRTee15:

Yes, I agree we Yorubas have a strong dichotomy on various ideologies, something I'm proud of n will strongly encouraged. Because at the end of the day, that's what makes us different and sophisticated.

But our independent mindedness is borne out of logical reasoning and critical thinking, not sentiment or emotions.
I'm sorry to say, but kayode's rhetoric pandered to the later.....

I've read okonjos plan for WTO- very forward thinking and insightful. She made it clear every member country should pay there fair share and the agency should face up to the global economic reality of the 21st century- something Trump has been calling for.
Besides, the dynamics and environment she worked in as minister of finance is totally different from WTO. So why apply the former template to the later.

I've always suspected the guy to be an ass.hole and an ethnic chavunist, and he just confirmed it.
He will do well to tweet more about the incompetence of buhari and the corruption allegation levelled against Tinubu.
Thank u.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Dizzyrascal(m): 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2020
TheWalkingMind:
I still don't understand how her winning and not winning affects any Nigerian.
its a thing of pride bro
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by frog12: 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2020
WHAT IS this one talking about? education pedi porridge!
She get MIT Harvard degree and your COUNTRY is still a SHITHOLE. SHE was given the CHANCE as FINANCE minister and she could not PERFORM. hahahhaha

Openbusiness:
So you think the international powers that be who will determine and decide who becomes the WTO DG know whether one guy called Kayode exists? Or you think they follow him on twitter and depend on his tweets to appoint candidates? Very, very few people in this world have the kind of educational pedigree and qualifications that NOI has in her field. She's super-qualified any time any day. That's why she made it to the finalist stage. The people that are choosing are they illiterates, you think they don't know the background and accomplishment of each candidate? Both finalists are very excellent candidates, and both are women but 1 person will get the job eventually and this tweet is 100% inconsequential in determining that. So stop making political jobbers famous by feeding their controversies with attention! It's not even his article. I even checked it and saw that it's actually a yahoo new article and it's even recent 8th October, read the article here and see it. Whether why he decided to share this news on his Twitter is good or bad makes no difference at all. It doesn't change anything.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/ngozi-okonjo-iweala-nigerias-hope-101439966.html

It's just a normal news on Yahoo. Overall, the article is even in her favor. Most people here just fought tribal war for nothing, you just added more social media fame to this guy's name for FREE.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by frog12: 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2020
BIGGEST KO, biggest ni. CAN you do without SOUTH AFRICA? nollywood studios want do anything, THEY GO SOUTH AFRICA. you want study PHD, you go SOUTH AFRICA. you wan open STORE, you go SOUTH AFRICA.
SHE WAS given the chance, and YOUR COUNTRY IS STILL a SHITHOLE. SHE only manipulate the GDP Numbers to fool everyone THAT YOUR ECONOMY is the biggest! it is a SHITHOLE!

kettykin:

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Softwhales(m): 1:59pm On Oct 10, 2020
Who is this daft human being
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Navalsadiq(m): 2:04pm On Oct 10, 2020
I smell jelousy and envy every where
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Princeps: 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
First it was Kemi Olunoyo, now it's this one. Hausa/Fulani using their Yoruba lackeys to do their dirty jobs since 1967.

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by TheWalkingMind: 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
its a thing of pride bro
Ego is for immature beings.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Dizzyrascal(m): 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2020
TheWalkingMind:
Ego is for immature beings.
Baba it's the same for every country. Every world power fight for their citizens to occupy the biggest positions in the biggest organisations globally. It's not just a Nigerian thing, why, because they get to have a say in those organisations.
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by julitoch: 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2020
Yorubas and their envy against igbos, this will never end, tribalism is our major problem in this country, is better we just divide this country

1 Like

Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Miracle2020: 2:26pm On Oct 10, 2020
KELVIN84171:

And I promise you that you will die so she will win, THAT GOD YOU SERVE WILL KILL YOU.
THIS WHY WE NEED BIAFRA SO WE CAN STAY ON OUR OWN! Very wicked people. GOD GO SHAME ALL OF YOU. FOOLS And enemies of progress everywhere
then what are you doing in Lagos, Abuja, Kano, etc
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by Perfectbeing(m): 2:27pm On Oct 10, 2020
ideylaff:

There is nothing special about the job. Most of the world powers never follow the rules laid down by WTO.

It’s just a glorified ego red tape bureaucratic seat and nothing more

Okonjo has has better roles and she should have left the stage for younger ones to come through

I see nothing but an ego trip in this all

If she does not win that’s egg on her face based on the bigger jobs she’s done in the past
If there's nothing special about the Job, other countries wouldn't have bothered stressing themselves to put one of their person there.. Even if her being there wouldn't affect the country (same with the Super Eagles winning the world cup), it is still something of pride to have a fellow Nigerian as the DG of WTO..
Re: WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi by thebest1210(m): 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2020
Black man is his own worst enemy. Aren't the EU community aware of the so called missing billion when it rooted for her candidature? Useless enemies of progress in sheep's clothing. NOI will win the position and NOTHING will happen. You haters will be covered in shame!

That very pit, u have dug for, into that pit will they fall. The net they have set for her will catch them instead.

Kai! the heart of man is indeed desperately wicked!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

ISSA Revelations On Buhari Government, Boko Haram, Deaths Of Badeh, Alkali / Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) / Bomb Blast In Yola This Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.