Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? (37299 Views)

Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? / Help! My Boss Is Taking Credit For My Work / Help My Boss Is Frustrating Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by litaninja(m): 10:29am On Oct 12, 2020
I think your landloard may be angrier that you cant make the rent.
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by DaGeneral(m): 10:44am On Oct 12, 2020
Weigh your options cos nobody here on Nairaland go dash you money o. 200k is small and at same time big depending on the eyes with which you are looking at it.
I endured 3years of mine own ordeal. Twas not funny but it is what it is..
I saved up enough that will sustain my family for at least 6months without a monthly pay, invested in self development, connected with people that could give me small small contracts on the side instead of "asking dem to dash me money" and I humbly turned in my resignation letter when I couldn't take it anymore as I was becoming mentally and physically stressed on a daily basis.

Our level of tenacity and perseverance is different so DO WHATEVER ROCKS YOUR BOAT. Las Las Na every "Aboki to im Kettle''

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 12, 2020
lexy2014:

So can u pay him d 200k every month?
Yes. If he was my staff. Unfortunately I’m not hiring now.
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by sharpwriter(m): 10:47am On Oct 12, 2020
munezo:
In this current Nigeria, some people are saying N200k is not a big salary

Lol... As if some of them have 100k ready in their accounts presently as we speak. grin

2 Likes

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by rotadeco27: 11:15am On Oct 12, 2020
People are just talking rubbish of which most of the don't earn up to 15k per month . How can you say 200k if not a good salary. Your comment is apt!
adioolayi:

How many gainfully employed Nigerians are legitimately earning more than 200K per month as salary

Even if you are a civil servant, devoid of kickbacks, do you know the grade level and years of experience that will receive 200k a month

Please, if you are not working abroad where you convert your earnings to Naira... don't ever say #200,000 monthly is a small income in Nigeria. That earning is far above what average, hardworking, gainfully employed Nigerian can earn as salary per month

2 Likes

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by RoyalMade(m): 11:17am On Oct 12, 2020
thesicilian:
It is never a good idea to quit your job until you've found something better. 200k is not a fat salary by the way.
As long as Nigeria is Concerned That figure is a good pay.

1 Like

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by OdenKelechi(m): 11:17am On Oct 12, 2020
thesicilian:
It is never a good idea to quit your job until you've found something better. 200k is not a fat salary by the way.

At least not in places like Lagos and Abuja

1 Like

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by jclassiq(m): 11:19am On Oct 12, 2020
My man this is my sincere advice:

If you value your mental health, then sit down this minute and draft your exit plan. Give yourself a maximum of 3 years after which you will bid him farewell (if he doesn't sack you before then of course).

Your life is worth more than even 1m salary. And I say your life because bullying is a sure recipe for depression, which ultimately leads to suicide. Be smart bro. Good luck.
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Emmypure: 11:41am On Oct 12, 2020
samistry:
you wey dey talk how much be your own salary?

dear I don't earn salary, rather I pay people
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by lexy2014: 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
Yes. If he was my staff. Unfortunately I’m not hiring now.

How many of yr staff are u paying 200k a month?

1 Like

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Erojepromise(f): 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2020
l lost my job of #32k every month l have a school cert for now and that was in February till date l haven't gotten another one even after submitting CVs in different organization it has been hard getting another on l shared my story to show you that in this country we are many graduates will do anything to get such fat salary . Unemployment is real ,my advise will be look for a job while still on this one don't just quit and be empty handed at least you get a compensation for your boss uncouth attitude.#200k isn't peanut

1 Like

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Passionate1(m): 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2020
Una supposed campaign for a decent minimum wage of 500k per month for a start. . .
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by MOD30(m): 1:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
Please for those that said 200k is not a fat salary, link me up o! Am in Abuja with HND in Health Information Management.
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by ayuba070(m): 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2020
Shaaay I added working under pressure on my CV??

����
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Humorme2(f): 2:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
I'm not sure you can even begin to imagine the number of Nigerian graduates that are looking for a job that pays that well.

1 Like

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by kenosky4(m): 2:39pm On Oct 12, 2020
Reserve your seat at the Tech Innovators Conference via https://edubridge.com.ng/tech-innovator-conference
It's Time to be relevant and invest more knowledge in yourself from the field of software engineering and Machine Learning.
We have speakers from Nigeria and other parts of Africa who will be sharing profitable insight that have been gathered over the years.
Don't be left behind, Register Now
https://edubridge.com.ng/tech-innovator-conference

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Covenant97(m): 2:53pm On Oct 12, 2020
Alexgman1:
You happen to have a well paid job where you earn close to #200,000 monthly but your boss is always angry, abusive, disrespectful, proud, impatient & provoking personality.
Will you endure and continue working for him and flexing ur fat salary every month or you will quit if you cant take it any longer?

Well op... if there's one factor that is very paramount for an employee to reach greater heights in any establishment that would be having a good boss.

Having a good boss is very much important than commanding a huge salary at the start in any establishment.

Well from your write up it seems to me that you have a toxic boss which is not a good factor for your career growth.
My advice would be that you ask your self these following questions, but make sure you give an accurate answer to these questions i am about to reel out, because that would give you proper insights to make the best decision.

Questions to ask yourself..

1.what is the degree of your expertise on the job?Are you so good on the job that you cant be ignore.if the answer is yes then you can treathen your boss with your decision to quit, and if he ask you for the reason why, then you can tell him the truth about his or her behaviour towards you. Because every saine boss wouldn't like to lose a competent employee who is providing value in his establishment.

2.have you been saving some money at the start of appointments as an employee in that company. If yes, then you can consider calling it a quit, because leaving that company harmed with your expertise and money you can start up something for your self.

Lastly if you answered no to all of these questions then i would consider you stay on that job for a while giving yourself an exit plan and save up aggressively, while also make sure that you become so good on that job before calling it a quit.

You can only consider investing that saved money into an income producing assets that also appreciate in value. by so doing you will have something to fall back to,Because a wise man once say never make your job your only source of supply because when that job is taken from you, you will have nothing to fall back on...

Lastly never leave your job until you have something better and never quit a job until you have an asset or a side hustle that can pay you up to that amount you are receiving as a salary.....

My own opinion though
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Archangel20(m): 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2020
Alexgman1:
You happen to have a well paid job where you earn close to #200,000 monthly but your boss is always angry, abusive, disrespectful, proud, impatient & provoking personality.
Will you endure and continue working for him and flexing ur fat salary every month or you will quit if you cant take it any longer?
pls quit and link me with your boss
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Drsnives(m): 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2020
mosesbola:
But some people won the money that was advertised on National Dailies

Its staged ooo.. Don't believe them

1 Like

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Drsnives(m): 3:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
mosesbola:
But some people claim to have letter G in this forum

Seeing is believing.
Tell then to send you a pic of it. They won't cos they're lying

1 Like

Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by afroxyz: 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2020
cooltola:

Doubter, Actually i had some experience with one. She was rude sometimes, maybe because she was old to enough to be my mum age. I let my work do the talking. I did not talk to her except when necessary. After sometimes , she started respecting me. So if your oga that is rude decided to slap you, weitin u go do. I am sure that naija blood go come out by force.
I heard how some chinese folks do so in Naija. Remember you are dealing with a narcissist.

Respect is earned because any oga is not God. The more you fear , they more they go take advantage. These bosses dey sense if persin dey shake. No dey fear or show fear. Do your work very well, dress well , talk with confidence and command respect. It is not textbook my brother, na real life.

Well diffrent strokes for diffrent folks. Every man has a price, the problem is if you can pay it
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by frog12: 3:48pm On Oct 12, 2020
hmm... N200k a month is GOOD.

SmithNV:
Do you mean $200K in a year? cos 200k Naira a month is just an okay salary in Nigeria, not what you can depend on for long
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by relicng: 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2020
Continue, but have plan B
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by djfabmusik(m): 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2020
your mental health is very important, i won't accept such job
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Gamesmart: 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2020
Investnow2017:
Oh God how did we get here? About USD450 per month of 30days job, and some one calls this a well-paying job embarassed

My brother, it is not. It only helps you as a bachelor to put food on table. For a family man, it is dancing around the same circle. If you want to know if your job whose salary is pegged against the Naira is well paying, first peg it against the USD.

What foolishness.

Because the country is America?
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Gamesmart: 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
kelvindj98:

Are you minding that mumuni? Shockingly, I doubt if he is among the mates even earning the 5 mil legitly. Could be one of those broke ass niggaz with long throat.

He is definitely one of the dumb, broke ass niggaz.
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by justino57(m): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
Nothing concern me and boss I earn over 200k a month I no d work for anybody na sleep I d sleep month end ma money go drop ,,,,,,,,anything boss I no follow cause they are not nice at all
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Gamesmart: 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2020
Passionate1:
Una supposed campaign for a decent minimum wage of 500k per month for a start. . .

Campaign?

You go school so?
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Gamesmart: 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2020
lexy2014:

How many of yr staff are u paying 200k a month?

slyfoxxjoe, oya come and answer.
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Gamesmart: 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2020
Emmypure:

dear I don't earn salary, rather I pay people

In your dreams?

Come and tell us what you do and the people you employ that a real.
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2020
Gamesmart:

slyfoxxjoe, oya come and answer.
Wetin consine una with how much I pay my staff?
Re: You Earn #200k A Month But Your Boss Is Always Angry & Abusive? by bukiah: 5:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
kaymart:

pls ask amoeba or didn't you so biology in sec sch?
Get the Bleep off my comment. you think I'm here to joke abi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Are The Career Option For Biochemistry Graduate / CEO Blasts Security Guard For Sleeping On Duty (Photos) / Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.