Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379706 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bims87(f): 10:47pm On Dec 28, 2014
Omodaraju:

I flew Emirates and one funny guy at the check-in desk had a problem with my fit to fly letter because it was just a day old. His supervisor came around and confirmed that the fit to fly was valid unless it is over a week. Please check their website or call them to confirm. Before the tsunami there were discussions around printing the fit to fly certificate form on Emirates website for use and one nairaland.com veteran suggested that it wasn't detailed enough.

As a guide though, get your doctor to write as much details as possible;

Gestation age or LMP
EDD
No of babies in there- singleton, twins etc
Mention that there are no complications whatsoever and there wouldn't be
That you are fit to fly by air
Put his signature and stamp (someone even mentioned practice no though that was debated)

Letter should be dated and be on hospital's letterhead

If you can't get all these from your doc, please fly Delta we were duly informed that they fly anything and anyone.

I also had a slight issue with my fit to fly letter with BA in Lagos cos it didn't state the gestation age. Thank God I had an ultrasound I just did 2 days before travelling, I just showed them the report n they asked to make a photocopy which they attached to the letter n then let me go.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by tbaby123(f): 11:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
justwise:

Single? It's hard to know when a Nigerian girl is single these days...apparently it has been redefined grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 1:34am On Dec 29, 2014
For those that want the consent form (Form 3053). A fast way is to google form 3053, you would see it in pdf, save it and you are home and dry, that's what I did.

My wife gave birth on boxing day to a beautiful baby girl via elective CS. Hospital was JPS fort worth dallas, Texas. The service was superb from the start to the end. She was just discharged minutes ago. We got value for every cent of the $5,500 we paid (all inclusive). We are yet to get the zero balance statement, wifey would pick that up later. My daughter developed jaundice, luckily the level didn't get high. I was worried cos treatment would have been outside the obygyn package and I didn't want any suprising "X factor" bill.

Attending the ante natal class entitles you to a lot of freebies; a car seat, diapers, early baby clothes and loads more. Wifey was given wrong information @ the hospital so she didn't enjoy this. Make sure you ask well if you are using this place. And yeah they have transport service for pick up and drop off if you stay far from the ante-natal clinic location. There are several clinics, you get to pick the one closest to your location.

To all expecting mothers, God would grant you all safe deliveries,all those waiting for interview..na success all through. My brother @bj2012golf, I don commit 31st to God hands. Its success

23 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 2:18am On Dec 29, 2014
Congrats santa2. My love and regards to madam and the beautiful baby girl. That's a great package plan you got.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 3:36am On Dec 29, 2014
Babatwi:

@ belfy
There is a consent form for this purpose on the us govt passport website . Here is the link: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/under-16.html. or you can google " us passport application for a minor under 16 "the form is called DS-3053. Print it out and have your husband fill it in front of a notary public and have the notary public notarise it. This was what i did before i left 9ja for Dalla,so that i can use it when applying for my baby's Us passport. I dint have or use any consent letter at poe . Pm me if you have any dififculty downloading the forum ,so that i can email it to you

Hi babatwi, this letter that you are sharing, I think you need to specify that this letter has to be signed before not just any notary public, but in front of the notary that is at the US Embassy after the birth of the child.

There is no way it can be signed before the baby is born. So it is not a letter that the mother can take with her before the birth.

I stand to be corrected however, gurus in the house please confirm?

Please lets circulate complete information, so that would be mothers will not just take it to any notary and carry it with them.

Thanks and cheers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shayo5: 5:41am On Dec 29, 2014
@santa2 congrats on d arrival of ur baby,pls wat wrong info did ur wife get? I plan to use JP Arrington as well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shayo5: 5:57am On Dec 29, 2014
Hello to all those traveling please make sure u collect and fill your health clearance form,there is also a small card u'll av to fill. Safe trip to all and ladies don't forget to stand and stretch ur legs during the flight and try to get an isle seat so u don't disturb any1during ur trips to the toilet. Please drink lots of water during ur flight. kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 6:22am On Dec 29, 2014
Shayo5:
Hello to all those traveling please make sure u collect and fill your health clearance form,there is also a small card u'll av to fill. Safe trip to all and ladies don't forget to stand and stretch ur legs during the flight and try to get an isle seat so u don't disturb any1during ur trips to the toilet. Please drink lots of water during ur flight. kiss
pls which one is health clearance form. Where do I get it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 7:39am On Dec 29, 2014
Santa2:
For those that want the consent form (Form 3053). A fast way is to google form 3053, you would see it in pdf, save it and you are home and dry, that's what I did.

My wife gave birth on boxing day to a beautiful baby girl via elective CS. Hospital was JPS arlignton, dallas, Texas. The service was superb from the start to the end. She was just discharged minutes ago. We got value for every cent of the $5,500 we paid (all inclusive). We are yet to get the zero balance statement, wifey would pick that up later. My daughter developed jaundice, luckily the level didn't get high. I was worried cos treatment would have been outside the obygyn package and I didn't want any suprising "X factor" bill.

Attending the ante natal class entitles you to a lot of freebies; a car seat, diapers, early baby clothes and loads more. Wifey was given wrong information @ the hospital so she didn't enjoy this. Make sure you ask well if you are using this place. And yeah they have transport service for pick up and drop off if you stay far from the ante-natal clinic location. There are several clinics, you get to pick the one closest to your location.

To all expecting mothers, God would grant you all safe deliveries,all those waiting for interview..na success all through. My brother @bj2012golf, I don commit 31st to God hands. Its success
$5500 for cs? Pls how much is the quote for natural birth? And can you pls give me a break down of your bill... tanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 7:56am On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=Santa2 post=29291423]

Congratulations on d arrival of your daughter. God will watch over her and mum

Thanks for your prayers

You are appreciated

Regards

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 9:21am On Dec 29, 2014
Austine2020:
Pls dont be offended, i thought i read in this forum that the fathers consent letter for the US passport will be notarised at the US embassy in Nig after the birth of the baby & not just at any notary public?

@ Austine2020
@ anonymous
Yes someone mentioned it on this forum that her state requires the consent form to be notarised at the us embassy ,while some other states accept notarised forms from any notary public. So find out what is acceptable in the state you are going to.
Pls mamas that have gotten their babies us passport should advice us if the consent form must be notarised by a notary public in the us embassy before it can be used or not
@ anonymous, i beg you o,i no share anything o,i thought i was helping people that needed help o,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 9:42am On Dec 29, 2014
Shayo5:
@santa2 congrats on d arrival of ur baby,pls wat wrong info did ur wife get? I plan to use JP Arrington as well

She wasn't able to attend the ante-natal classes because someone told her @ the hospital that she would be contacted. She just kept going for all her routine checkup till it was time for the baby to arrive. Now we have to buy a car seat which would have been given free if she attended the classes.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 9:46am On Dec 29, 2014
Santa2 pls respond to my own questions too o grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 9:54am On Dec 29, 2014
IyawoToBe:
$5500 for cs? Pls how much is the quote for natural birth? And can you pls give me a break down of your bill... tanks

Natural is $4,500. CS is $5,500
Breakdown:
CS - 3,500 for the hospital (all inclusive)
Natural - 2,500 (all inclusive)

Doctors Fee - 2000 both natural and CS.

N.B: we are still to get a zero balance statement. So we set asides some funds for contingency (just in case we get a separate bill for paeditician and the rest). However all these are included in the contract.

The major thing you would need to contend with before u register is that you would need to show that you are a resident, so you wud need a bill from your stated address. If you stayin with family you can get bill from them. If u staying in an apartment, you can register for internet, and present the bill. Or get the apartment manager/landlord to write that ur utility bills are included in your rent( as most partment rent comes with utility bills built in). You could get this notarized for $20. Feel free to disturb for any other info.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 10:21am On Dec 29, 2014
Santa2:

Natural is $4,500. CS is $5,500
Breakdown:
CS - 3,500 for the hospital (all inclusive)
Natural - 2,500 (all inclusive)

Doctors Fee - 2000 both natural and CS.

N.B: we are still to get a zero balance statement. So we set asides some funds for contingency (just in case we get a separate bill for paeditician and the rest). However all these are included in the contract.

The major thing you would need to contend with before u register is that you would need to show that you are a resident, so you wud need a bill from your stated address. If you stayin with family you can get bill from them. If u staying in an apartment, you can register for internet, and present the bill. Or get the apartment manager/landlord to write that ur utility bills are included in your rent( as most partment rent comes with utility bills built in). You could get this notarized for $20. Feel free to disturb for any other info.

ok great! One more thing pls, how did you go about accommodation? Are you staying with family? Do you have an idea of the cost of accommodation around the hospital?
And it seems the hospital doesn't schedule an appointment except one is physically in the Us. Pls correct me if am wrong. Tanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 10:39am On Dec 29, 2014
IyawoToBe:
ok great! One more thing pls, how did you go about accommodation? Are you staying with family? Do you have an idea of the cost of accommodation around the hospital?
And it seems the hospital doesn't schedule an appointment except one is physically in the Us. Pls correct me if am wrong. Tanks

Got an apartment, intown suites @ six flags, cost $220/ per week. There are cheaper rooms though I think $189/per week and the place is fantastic

N.B :A tip to getting apartment is to get one close to the clinic you would be doing checkup NOT close to the hospital, cos you would only go to the hospital twice, to register and deliver, the rest would be @ the clinic you select.

Yes they only take appointment when u are in the US. It is assumed that you are a resident so should be able to walk in to register yourself
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by AyaSho(f): 11:35am On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=Santa2 post=29299732]

Pls won't it pose a problem since one is not a resident.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shayo5: 11:39am On Dec 29, 2014
@santa2 thanx 4 the heads up
@mamatobenna u'll get it 4m the immigration guys in d departure lounge
@Nogen I have not seen your mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by finechickala201: 11:45am On Dec 29, 2014
Olhar:

Thanks dear ,I appreciate ur reply. I think I will use elpaso . I am march bound mum but am already in America .

I wanted to use Boston in Massechusett but the bills here are outrageous ..

So my best bet is to leave my present location yo where I could get a good and affordable hospital elsewhere.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nogen: 11:56am On Dec 29, 2014
Shayo5:

@Nogen I have not seen your mail

Answered
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by finechickala201: 12:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
- $8,000 to $15,000 – does not include doctor, anesthesia, radiology, prenatal care or baby - $15,000 to $20,000 – does not include doctor, anesthesia, radiology, prenatal care or baby - $6,000 to $8,000 – does not include intensive care or care provided outside of newborn nursery - $125 to $425 –charges may vary depending on treatment plan

Thank you again for your question, please let me know if I can help any further.

James Smith, CHAM

Manager

JPS Patient Access

1500 S Main Street, Fort Worth, TX 76104

Mobile: 817.739.6661 | Office: 817.927.1643 | Pager

ochanglo [mailto:ochanglo@yahoo.com] 
 Sunday, December 21, 2014 6:51 AM
 Off Pat Fam Exp Experience
 Self Paying Patient

Hi,

My name is Glory. Am 26 weeks pregnant and will like to have my baby in your hospital.

Please ,I will appreciate if you send me the cost of Vaginal Birth and a C-Section ,since am a self paid patient (paying cash for my medical bill services )

Thank you as I await your response.

quote author=IyawoToBe post=29294394] $5500 for cs? Pls how much is the quote for natural birth? And can you pls give me a break down of your bill... tanks[/quote]

Thank God for your wife safe delivery!!!!

please I want to know if the JPS you attended was the same I got because the bill was scary ,so I opted out but with your testimony I may consider them .

Please dont forget to tell us your ZERO balance o.

Below was the estimate I got from JPS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 12:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
Why is no one talking about all inclusive hospitals within MIHS former price range again? angry with this increase in exchange rate all this 5k and above bills is doing me some how o cry

Please if anyone has details about very cheap hospital within the 3k-4k(all inclusive) range let me know abeg. The cheapest I have seen is $4065 in Tuscson Arizona. But accommodation seem to be on the high side. If you have anything cheaper pls endeavour to let me know. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by happytbaby: 12:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
Please thread with caution Gracydee, I remember the case of our darling Chigoziri whose visa was revoked. It might be misconstrued that you lied. What some people have done in the past is to keep quiet and go through a stress-free POE...e.g New York where you may be subject to less scruitiny

kizluv:
@ Gracydee, der is no hard rule to sending dem a letter . Please send them a letter saying your purpose of entering the states have changed. Finish.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 1:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=Austine2020 post=29287852]Pls dont be offended, i thought i read in this forum that the fathers consent letter for the US passport will be notarised at the US embassy in Nig after the birth of the baby & not just at any notary public?

God bless you for pointing this out! I am weary of people notarising a document and making inputs therafter, the honourable thing to do is as soon as your child is born the consenting parent who is not on ground should fill the form and have it Notarised and then send to the available parent on ground. Let's watch it people! Please Research what it means to NOTARISE a document.......

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 1:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=IyawoToBe post=29302127]Why is no one talking about all inclusive hospitals within MIHS former price range again? angry with this increase in exchange rate all this 5k and above bills is doing me some how o cry

Please if anyone has details about very cheap hospital within the 3k-4k(all inclusive) range let me know abeg. The cheapest I have seen is $4065 in Tuscson Arizona. But accommodation seem to be on the high side. If you have anything cheaper pls endeavour to let me know. Thanks.

Have you tried St Joseph's and Banner Samaritan? Can't remember the exact figures but I think St Joseph's falls within the 4 to 5k range...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dammiehar(f): 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
goldcrusty:
Hello my good people

Please we are planning to do Chicago to give birth. Please can someone help us with details of Doctors and hospital wey dey affordable for that area.

Thank you
Hi, I have got a quote for presence St Joseph hospital in Chicago, send me a pm if you want me to send it to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fehinebony(f): 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
Compliment of the season! Please who has sent the embassy an email notifying them of plans to birth in the us recently and what was their response? I recently arrived from the U.S. on vacation and I intend to send them an email notifying them of my plans to have my baby there and am somehow scared of what the response will be, if anyone has sent one recently, can I please know the response you got?Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Bizzles: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hi Pherma please I need to find out some informations from you, it will be nice if you can contact me via Chiomy16@yahoo.com. Thanks dear and congratulations. God Bless your bundle of joy Bleep
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Austine2020: 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
Alright, I just want to know better. because am hoping that my wife will give birth in US, Houston to be precise by next year if God permits. She already have a b1/b2 visa and she has travelled to US in July with my 2 kids for summer holiday. So thats why am following this forum carefully and writing down a lot of important discussions from some Gurus on this forum. Its very educative to join this forum and i wont hesitate to thank all the people that has contributed immensely in one way or the other to make this forum what is today.
Babatwi:

@ Austine2020
@ anonymous
Yes someone mentioned it on this forum that her state requires the consent form to be notarised at the us embassy ,while some other states accept notarised forms from any notary public. So find out what is acceptable in the state you are going to.
Pls mamas that have gotten their babies us passport should advice us if the consent form must be notarised by a notary public in the us embassy before it can be used or not
@ anonymous, i beg you o,i no share anything o,i thought i was helping people that needed help o,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Allysonn(f): 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2014
sayoberry:

im travelling 2nd week. using dr fagbohun
Please let's hook up ooo, what airline are you using?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Allysonn(f): 2:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
belfy:

Am travelling 3rd week.using Oakbend and Dr fagbohun too.we can hook up still

Pls let's hook up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Allysonn(f): 2:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
belfy:

Am travelling 3rd week.using Oakbend and Dr fagbohun too.we can hook up still

Pls let's hook up..

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.