Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379694 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Allysonn(f): 2:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ritdan:

@Allysonn, please, did you get any info on accommodation in Richmond? Am also considering oak bend hospital but February bound. Please share whatever info you get. Thank you.
Sorry dear not yet o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by belfy(f): 3:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
Allysonn:

Pls let's hook up..

@Allysonn

No p, am using Delta.will send u a pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tsquare09: 3:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hello Gurus,

I need help with direct information while i search through the thread. i will appreciate all the help i can get.

My wife is preg with Twins and she is presently 9 weeks.. we have a visa already. we are in the usa presently and we would like to have our baby here because there is free accommodation.

I need help with getting the best price from hospitals and getting a doctor to plan for the delivery next year.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hi Shayo5, pls wats this health clearance form about and how is it gotten?

Shayo5:
Hello to all those traveling please make sure u collect and fill your health clearance form,there is also a small card u'll av to fill. Safe trip to all and ladies don't forget to stand and stretch ur legs during the flight and try to get an isle seat so u don't disturb any1during ur trips to the toilet. Please drink lots of water during ur flight. kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tsquare09: 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=hebrewoman2014 post=29031974]@Shawbabe: please read Olhars post o! To be forewarned is to be forearmed! The financial counsellor in Gwinnett categorically told me the prices had been reviewd upwards and the new prices she was quoting we're making my head reel! And to think I had already got a Gwinnett Dr and was to see him that day. I quickly called and cancelled and went for a cheaper option of hospital! Biko I no fit wash hospital linens to pay bill. 14k ke ! For normal delivery? When people payed less than 5k all in all just less than a month ago!

@hebrewoman2014 Hello i will appreciate if you could help with information of what hospital you later settled for. my wife and i are presently in Atlanta also for vacation and ofcourse make plans for delivery. We are actually expecting a Twin.

I sent you a Pm already we can exchange numbers via PM. I will appreciate your help. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
IyawoToBe:
lol cheesy I was El paso bound but hubby said we should go to st Louis. So the search has begun my sis. I had everything set for el paso, from appointment to documentation process. Now am back to square one cry

i am going second week of feb,i would be more than happy to help. i haven even gotten a gynea, this is what i know about babies document.
- download a request form from mopbap's website.
- send the completed form with $15 money order to:
bureau of vital statistics
111 south Meramec drive
clayton, MO 63105

you can call the hospital birth certificate office @ 3149965746

we think it can be done online @ www.dhss.mo.gov ( this isnt confirmed)
i would let you know soon as it is confirmed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tsquare09: 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
MrsDan:
Hello everyone...just to let you know my daughter arrived 12/9/14 at Northside Hospital.
Am still recovering, reason for my not giving the full gist but if anyone has a question I will be happy go answer Before I write the full details of my experience from hospital to Birthcert and passport.
Thank you.

@MrsDan, Congrats on the delivery of your daughter.

Please i need help. i'm presently on vac with my wife in atlanta. she is 9 weeks preg with TWIN and we will like to make plans ofr delivery if possible make deposits.

I will appreciate if we could exchange number or provide info via pm or here. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Suzyt: 4:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hi people,

I travelled with United yesterday and got into Houston this morning. All together had about five different interview sessions before being left alone. Now waiting for my flight out of Houston. Will update you all once I get to my destination and sleep small.

Small gist: it appears all the pregnant ladies on my flight were delayed ie secondary inspection. Full report to follow in the spirit of giving back.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
pattyreal:

I'm also a march mom & i've replied ur pm. I've bot ma ticket ooo. Will b goin wit BA 2nd week of feb cos of ma job & election. So wassap!

Patty, i am traveling 2nd week in march too, most likely BA, make i begin find ticket, how much did you buy? at least we can reach heath-row together...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2014
Has anyone flown Lufthansa to the US? What was the experience like?

Just found a decent deal on United's website but routed through Lufthansa. I'm trying to avoid the Houston POE, so this one lands in Washington DC, not Houston because the flight will be coming from Frankfurt. For only N247k, it's a good deal, but I've never flown Lufthansa before and the journey is a LOT shorter than that of Emirates.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
kizluv:

i am going second week of feb,i would be more than happy to help. i haven even gotten a gynea, this is what i know about babies document.
- download a request form from mopbap's website.
- send the completed form with $15 money order to:
bureau of vital statistics
111 south Meramec drive
clayton, MO 63105

you can call the hospital birth certificate office @ 3149965746

we think it can be done online @ www.dhss.mo.gov ( this isnt confirmed)
i would let you know soon as it is confirmed.
Ok. Thanks so much. Speaking of obgyn, why haven't you gotten any? Do you intend to wait till when in st Louis before getting one or you are still working on it? I have been calling the two I found and its been going to voicemail.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
shelly23:
Has anyone flown Lufthansa to the US? What was the experience like?

Just found a decent deal on United's website but routed through Lufthansa. I'm trying to avoid the Houston POE, so this one lands in Washington DC, not Houston because the flight will be coming from Frankfurt. For only N247k, it's a good deal, but I've never flown Lufthansa before and the journey is a LOT shorter than that of Emirates.

I've flown Lufthansa to Canada and to the UK. It's a good airline. I'll rate it better than BA in terms of service and comfort. Do u land in Frankfurt? If u do, hope ur layover is not much becoz there's not much to do at Frankfurt airport. What I used to do if I had a layover more than 3 hours was to go have a shower at the airport. It costs €5 (euros). U get a towel, soap and hairdryer.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
kizluv:

Patty, i am traveling 2nd week in march too, most likely BA, make i begin find ticket, how much did you buy? at least we can reach heath-row together...

Kk where r u headed? I'm phoenix bound. I bought 4 ma son & I 4 520k.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 7:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
Allysonn:

Please let's hook up ooo, what airline are you using?

will send you mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Larondoo22: 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2014
Pls a need a doctor from west Houston plssss.anyone with an email address of any of this doctors should pls help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shayo5: 9:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
U can get The health clearance form from the immigration officers in d departure lounge,1ce u check in ur luggage look out for the immigration stands they r opposite the airline check in stands. Hope this helps
isysleek:
Hi Shayo5, pls wats this health clearance form about and how is it gotten?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fehinebony(f): 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
Jackson Hospital Montgomery alabama has reviewed their hospital fee, it used to be $2900 for a 48hrs stay(virginal birth), it's now $6000, reason for increase is cos they have been getting to many foreign calls for enquiry so they decided to review their price. So if you are heading to jackson cos of the previous price, you might want to reconsider.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
@justwise wat did I say dats bad now! Well I hope she understands
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2014
@pattyreal

Sorry I removed your post because of the post you quoted.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
justwise:

@pattyreal

Sorry I removed your post because of the post you quoted.

No prob I understand! It's well wit us all..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 11:10pm On Dec 29, 2014
pattyreal:
@justwise wat did I say dats bad now! Well I hope she understands

Her complaint is pointless, why should people go through her before contacting the hospital? Or do a deal through her? The hospital increased their price because of demand so what? There are other hospitals and its their loss.

I knew from beginning that she is just a marketer and this case proves it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 11:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
justwise:

Her complaint is pointless, why should people go through her before contacting the hospital? Or do a deal through her? The hospital increased their price because of demand so what? There are other hospitals and its their lost.

I knew from beginning that she is just a marketer and this case proves it.

Exactly my point tooo. Pple outsmarted her! LOL....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zynnnie: 11:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
pattyreal:

Exactly my point tooo. Pple outsmarted her! LOL....

Am not a marketeer, I run my own legit biz, and people out smarted me to what end.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PetMe13: 11:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
Larondoo22:
Pls a need a doctor from west Houston plssss.anyone with an email address of any of this doctors should pls help.

Obgynh@yahoo.com for Dr Jeanie Huynh. I used her so datz the only email I know. There are other doctors u can search for their emails like Dr La, Dr Ritz, Dr Michael Amaro, Dr Vu, Dr Le. Hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PetMe13: 11:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hi beautiful people. Please join my family to thank God Almighty for the birth of our son last week at WHMC with Dr Hunyh.
Will welcome any questions from those interested to know more about their services and billing.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bims87(f): 2:51am On Dec 30, 2014
fehinebony:
Jackson Hospital Montgomery alabama has reviewed their hospital fee, it used to be $2900 for a 48hrs stay(virginal birth), it's now $6000, reason for increase is cos they have been getting to many foreign calls for enquiry so they decided to review their price. So if you are heading to jackson cos of the previous price, you might want to reconsider.

Hi fehinebony,when's the new price gonna take effect cos m in Montgomery already but my first appointment with the Dr is first week in January and so ve nt been to the hospital. How did u get to know about the price review though? Urgent reply pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 3:17am On Dec 30, 2014
Thanks alot.

Shayo5:
U can get The health clearance form from the immigration officers in d departure lounge,1ce u check in ur luggage look out for the immigration stands they r opposite the airline check in stands. Hope this helps

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.