Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1382336 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by phmom: 10:20am On Jan 16, 2015
please help a mom to be out oooo, any info on cheap hospitals in Michigan and any April mom heading that way? it will be nice to plan with someone. thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 11:22am On Jan 16, 2015
favouredB:

Thanks @ Virtuousdiva. Nice points. However from all the response I have read concerning letter of change of intent, i don't think it's necessary to write it if you had used your visa for the purpose for which it was granted. B1/B2 visa includes medical assistance. If you got the visa for vacation and used it for vacation, you can also use it for birthing purposes later,without writing the embassy. Problem comes when you get the visa for vacation and don't use it at all for that purpose but instead turn around to use it for birthing. In that case it would appear you deceived the VO during your interview and so to clear that impression you need to write the letter of change of intent.

You are spot on as well.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Bsharon: 11:27am On Jan 16, 2015
Airpure:

Hello Dear,

Please are u using Methodist Sugarland. I will be in Sugarland soon we should hook up . If u using methodist can u give me info on DOC.

Regards

Doc Amajoh email:Zamajoh@yahoo.com, (methodist hospital)
Hope it help out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 1:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
Nigerians live in Arkansas? shocked Mehn we dey waka oh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 2:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
sayoberry:

no its not. highway 6 is a street.

Tnx sayoberry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by isysleek: 2:09pm On Jan 16, 2015
Sent u a pm.

favouredB:

For Hackensack the quote I got from my doctor is 2k for normal delivery while hospital is 3,800k. Giving a total of 5,800k. This is exclusive of the fees from other professionals. I ran all their tests with a total bill of 650 but I paid 220, discounted bill. You are right. It's about the cheapest in NJ.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soutien: 2:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
SAkale:
i am a june mom, what did you have in mind?

I'm a June mum but planning to leave in May.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 2:29pm On Jan 16, 2015
Soutien:

I'm a June mum but planning to leave in May.

Mum triplet, am heading to Houston(oakbend med) in may
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 2:30pm On Jan 16, 2015
Shawbabe:
Nigerians live in Arkansas? shocked Mehn we dey waka oh
What's wrong with Arkansas ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2015
Airpure:

Hello Dear,

Please are u using Methodist Sugarland. I will be in Sugarland soon we should hook up . If u using methodist can u give me info on DOC.

Regards

Hiya, I thought u ported to oakbend.

I'm using doctor le. His charges depend on how far gone u are. The farther along u are, there's a discount. Like cs is 3600 but cos I registered at 32 weeks I pay 2700. Methodist sugarland hospital is great. I just got out of one day admission yesterday cos my BP rose to 170/110 and they were gonna remove my babies yesterday but to God be all the glory, God intervened and it went back to 125/55. The nurses were great to say the least. Some even prayed with me.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gratefulaheart: 5:13pm On Jan 16, 2015
zeezahbee:
What's wrong with Arkansas ?
lol. Was meaning to ask same question. Pls mamas and papas in the house, anyone who has info on hospitals in arkansas should assist me with it biko cry

Been calling and calling but I've not gotten anything tangible
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2015
justwise:
[b]@Tvegas[/b]Please leave that post on quote to avoid people quoting the whole post only to say 'congratulations', it makes this thread unnecessarily longer and difficult to scroll through for people on mobile.I put it on quote 2x and you removed it
Hey my apologies, i thought i was the one who made the mistake. I have begged people not to repeat it again,please feel free to delete any repetition.

@Everyone......thanks for the greetings,it will end in praise for us all.To serious business,Justwise and @adebrave should hasten up with this project so my baby wont start calling you Uncle/Aunty.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
Gratefulaheart:
lol. Was meaning to ask same question. Pls mamas and papas in the house, anyone who has info on hospitals in arkansas should assist me with it biko cry

Been calling and calling but I've not gotten anything tangible
Arkansas is just a normal place like Texas, Atlanta or wherever. If that's where you have your family or friends, try get info, it might even be cheaper than some other states.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by maymama: 6:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
Hi,
I am new here and have been following the post. I am due in may but still undecided on where to have my baby.
i am considering either maryland or houston. pls if anyone is looking at these locations, hospital and accomodation wise, pls lets plan together.
I plan on leaving in february

and how to i get in touch with ALL the doctors mentioned so far?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 7:07pm On Jan 16, 2015
[quote author=PrinceAdeAde post=

I also got a narialander share a great package of $1000(furnished room:$650,shared car rent btw two occupants:$300) though I do not have further details such as address etc.

Hello princeadeade, pls I would love to ve d naira lander's contact if u don't mind. Tnx a lot. U can send it to opeyemimabel@yahoo.com. Tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oas99(f): 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2015
@Princeadeade pls I sent u a mail too pls reply I leave in a few weeks thanks

mabels:
[quote author=PrinceAdeAde post=

I also got a narialander share a great package of $1000(furnished room:$650,shared car rent btw two occupants:$300) though I do not have further details such as address etc.

Hello princeadeade, pls I would love to ve d naira lander's contact if u don't mind. Tnx a lot. U can send it to opeyemimabel@yahoo.com. Tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 8:21pm On Jan 16, 2015
Chai!! I don't know what I did o. But after posting my poe story I was banned for two days nd my post deleted.
I met with Dr Fagbohun today in his sugarland clinic. Very nice man.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 8:23pm On Jan 16, 2015
Thanks 4 d info Kykes n thank God ur BP is back to normal. My dear methodist is just 14mins from where i live Oakbend is quite a distance i ve shortlisted to either WHMC or Methodist Sugarland will make final decision wen i arrive.

Takecare of u n d babies Dear.

kykes:

Hiya, I thought u ported to oakbend.

I'm using doctor le. His charges depend on how far gone u are. The farther along u are, there's a discount. Like cs is 3600 but cos I registered at 32 weeks I pay 2700. Methodist sugarland hospital is great. I just got out of one day admission yesterday cos my BP rose to 170/110 and they were gonna remove my babies yesterday but to God be all the glory, God intervened and it went back to 125/55. The nurses were great to say the least. Some even prayed with me.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 8:23pm On Jan 16, 2015
I'm staying on highway 6, 10-15 mins drive to the clinic. And close to everything, trek able to the mall and store and bank.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 8:26pm On Jan 16, 2015
Saved2Serve:
DIDNT YOU FREEZE YOUR PALM OIL

I extra froze it sefsef
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by makoko(m): 8:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
Gratefulaheart:
Hello, am glad am finally meeting someone heading to arkansas here. Pls have you contacted any hospital or doc? when do you intend to travel? pls lets plan together.

I haven't seen any doctor and even hospital.
I have called 2 doctors on phone but not seen any correspondence based on our conversations
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
Tvegas:
Hey my apologies, i thought i was the one who made the mistake. I have begged people not to repeat it again,please feel free to delete any repetition.

@Everyone......thanks for the greetings,it will end in praise for us all.To serious business,Justwise and @adebrave should hasten up with this project so my baby wont start calling you Uncle/Aunty.

grin before you put idea in my head...please which baby project are you referring to because as far as I know I haven't started any?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lilyfranklin: 9:10pm On Jan 16, 2015
This forum is one of the best info forums I must admit. I struggled with my self whether to go for visa or not as I was visibly showing but I did in d end and I got it (with the rest of my family). I have sent a mail to the Abuja embassy concerning my change of travel plans as we told them holiday at the interview, hopeful to get a +ve reply. Will be travelling on the 10th of Feb to El paso, I'm struggling with the best route to follow, pls can someone advise me on that putting my condition (will be 35 weeks then) in mind.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by makoko(m): 9:25pm On Jan 16, 2015
makoko:

I haven't seen any doctor and even hospital.
I have called 2 doctors on phone but not seen any correspondence based on our conversations
http://m.mercy.net/search/doctor/obgyn/doctor_mercy_clinic/true?page=1&latlon[lat]=&latlon[lon]=&address=&distance=200

I have used that link to talk to so many OBGYN in Arkansas and they are say they won't give any letter to the embassy but fees are still fair

Doctor charges - $2,600
Lab test abt $1,000
Hospital charges - $2,500
Some test exclusive
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by weaseloo: 10:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
I need to hire a car in Houston. Does anyone have a contact or phone number I can call? I am thinking of the Nigerians that run a car hire service which is more affordable. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 10:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
lilyfranklin:
This forum is one of the best info forums I must admit. I struggled with my self whether to go for visa or not as I was visibly showing but I did in d end and I got it (with the rest of my family). I have sent a mail to the Abuja embassy concerning my change of travel plans as we told them holiday at the interview, hopeful to get a +ve reply. Will be travelling on the 10th of Feb to El paso, I'm struggling with the best route to follow, pls can someone advise me on that putting my condition (will be 35 weeks then) in mind.

Thanks

Out of curiousity,did you travel after getting the visa for holiday or you just want to change travel plans after telling them you are going on holiday.If it's the latter,I think its a case of misusing the change of intent stuff..Just saying.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kairi: 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
Hi Peoples,

Please Atlanta Mommas, I need help oh.

First, anyone using or used Piedmont? How were their services? Can you provide an email address to contact them for a quote? I cannot seem to find any online.
Also, I tried to contact Dr. Soyoola and Dr. Oduro but have not gotten any response. Please can anyone help with their email addresses so I can request same from them; or anyone with a great Doctor who used Northside (where I am leaning for now till I see the others) and preferably a female...sorry guyssmiley

Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 10:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
justwise:

grin before you put idea in my head...please which baby project are you referring to because as far as I know I haven't started any?

Ok o, I even heard some other sisters keep checking you out on here but you won't blink. I have talk my own. Kontunu grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 10:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
Tvegas:

Ok o, I even heard some other sisters keep checking you out on here but you won't blink. I have talk my own. Kontunu grin

grin grin grin, no comment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 10:45pm On Jan 16, 2015
Lmao. Make una calm down...nothing wrong with Arkansas. It's just that there's a joke by Chris Rock that black people live in only 6 states lol. Tx, FL, GA, MD, NY, NJ, cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gratefulaheart: 11:45pm On Jan 16, 2015
makoko:

http://m.mercy.net/search/doctor/obgyn/doctor_mercy_clinic/true?page=1&latlon[lat]=&latlon[lon]=&address=&distance=200

I have used that link to talk to so many OBGYN in Arkansas and they are say they won't give any letter to the embassy but fees are still fair

Doctor charges - $2,600
Lab test abt $1,000
Hospital charges - $2,500
Some test exclusive
wow! Thanks so much. You are a darling. But this lab test get as e be o cheesy
Please can you give the name of the hospital and the name of the doc that accepted the $2500, dont want to be on a wild goose chase. Thanks so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 12:13am On Jan 17, 2015
sayoberry:
Chai!! I don't know what I did o. But after posting my poe story I was banned for two days nd my post deleted.
I met with Dr Fagbohun today in his sugarland clinic. Very nice man.

Oh nooo, banned for what na? and I was lurking the thread for the end of your story. Anyways, thank God for safe flight and Entry...

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.