Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Have You Ever Saved Anyone? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Saved Anyone? (1326 Views)

Have You Ever Saved Someone's Life? - Share The Story / Have Anyone Ever Saved Your Life Before? / The Craziest Thing You've Ever Saved Someone's Number With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by illicit(m): 10:04am On Oct 13, 2020
Yes, I once did albeit unintentionally....

Have you

I remember this incidence with nostalgic feelings....

When I was serving, I mingled with a lot of peeps in the town. Cutting accross different spheres. Lowlifes and Highlifes as well...

There was some group of guys I knew and they do menial or odd jobs. At least two of them were ex convicts ( Robbery suspects). There were about five of them in a particular group.

There was also a Fulani settlement near to my PPA and lodge. I go there severally to buy Nunu.

Everybody loves corp members AKA corpers.

One tricky weekend afternoon like around 12 pm, my mind has been bugging me to go to the fulani settlement to buy Nunu because that's about the time they bring the fresh one from the pasture some distance away.

I reluctantly yielded and was making my way to the settlement when it started to drizzle, wow.

I quickened my step and arrived at the house I wanted to buy Nunu, The grandmother and her wives were seated at the threshold and were feeding younger ones, they speak fluent Yoruba. I was welcomed and we started gisting.

One of the wives went to fetch my bottle of Nunu.

The drizzle was beginning to turn to a proper rain and I was just thinking I might be stuck there after all when suddenly from the nearby bush, there emerged three guys with knapsacks on their backs and each had a sharpened Cutlass. They look fierce and very familiar.

I recognized them almost immediately, but the look on their face now was kinda mean.

When they saw me, they paused in mid movement as if arrested, one actually wanted to retreat hastily like he wanted to bolt, but the nearest one to him checked him by tugging his pants....

As I took all this in, I was somewhat scared to look them in the face but I had to..... These were guys that I do buy cigarettes or rum for on the street as e dey go.... wink

The Fulani women obviously don't know those guys and they where somewhat pernickety as the guys approached us.

I observed that they (both the guys and the women) were mumbling among themselves in low tones.

They greeted me for an unusual long period of time as if they actually wanted to say something but had to suppress it.... After some many nothings, they asked me what I was doing around there in low tones and I told them I live nearby and do come to buy Nunu, they looked at each other and frowned quizzically....

They said they came hunting around there but the rain/drizzle interfered and they had to seek nearby shelter.

The fulani women were silent but somewhat apprehensive.

After a while when the drizzle/rain was abating , they retreated into the bush but not exactly whence they came from.

The Fulani settlement was devoid of men at this particular time, and I know the guys knew. They had a plan, The Fulanis may not fathom all these the way I did on the spot but they sensed something too. Even the children were quiet.

We were literally on a tight spot.

Anything could have happened right there and even thereafter....

I hastily said my goodbye as one of the wives was calling her man on the phone to come back home quick.... I quickened my step....

I left the vicinity immediately to enjoy my Nunu but not at my home, I went to my police friend's house and briefed him what just happened, he knew those guys as well....

In the evening I went around town with him and he carried a government issued Beretta under his shirt, everyone saw us together but not those three guys....
They have made themselves scarce

What had happened was that, Just by being at that place at that time, I had inadvertently saved the life and property of those women. They would have been robbed/Assaulted or both.

My life was in danger at that moment and even immediately after. Even when I left. I was on the hot seat. I recognised the guys and the Fulani women were aware of that and anybody can locate me.

I could have been deleted.

Those guys were on sinister mission but when they saw me, they had to change plans impromptu.

They could have eliminated me assuming I met them in action but God willing I arrived before them. So they wouldn't risk it maybe probably because I was with NYSC. They usually kind of think NYSC is some kind of police.

That was how I saved those Fulani that day.....

It was really a matter of coincidence....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by MrCork: 10:05am On Oct 13, 2020
illicit:
Yes

Have you

I remember this incidence with nostalgic feelings.

When I was serving, I mingled with a lot of peeps in the town. Cutting accross different spheres. Lowlifes and Highlifes as well...

There was some group of guys I knew and they do menial or off jobs. At least two of them were ex convicts ( Robbery suspects). There were about five of them in a particular group.

There was also a Fulani settlement near to my PPA and lodge. I go there severally to buy Nunu.

Everybody loves corpers.

One tricky weekend afternoon like around 12 pm, my mind has been bugging me to go to the fulani settlement to buy Nunu because that's about the time they bring the fresh one from the pasture some distance away.

I reluctantly yielded and was making my way to the settlement when it started to drizzle, wow.

I quickened my step an arrived at the house I wanted to buy Nunu, The grandmother and her wives were seated at the threshold and wete feeding younger ones, they speak fluent Yoruba. I was welcomed and we started gisting. One of the wives went to fetch my bottle of Nunu.

The drizzle is beginning to turn to a proper rain and k was thinking I might be stuck here after all when suddenly from the nearby bush, there emerged three guys with knapsacks on their backs and each had a sharpened Cutlass. They look fierce but familiar.

I recognized them at once, but the look on their face now was surprise.

The Fulani women obviously don't know those guys and they where somewhat pernickety as the guys approached us. They were mumbling among themselves in mid tones.

They greeted them for an unusual long period of time as if they actually wanted to say something but had to suppress it, they asked me what I was doing around there and j told them, they look at each other.

They said they came hunting around there but the rain/drizzle interferes.

The fulani women were silent.

After a while when the drizzle/rain stopped, they retreated I to the bush.

The fulani women couldn't really fathom all these, I think....

Well I left immediately to enjoy my Nunu but not at home, I went to my police friends house.

What just happened was that, I just saved those Women from being robbed/Assaulted.

Those guys mission was sinister, when they saw me, they changed plan.

They could have eliminated me assuming I met them in action but God willing I arrived before them. So they wouldn't risk it. I was an NYSC member.

That was how I saved those Fulani women folK that day.....

..nice one ..James bond!(no oofense) angry

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 13, 2020
Have you asked if anyone has ever saved me?

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by ePoster: 10:22am On Oct 13, 2020
From being struck by lightening. I've been saved several times though. Especially while crossing a busy road. grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:28am On Oct 13, 2020
Saved many people

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by EzzyCarter: 10:49am On Oct 13, 2020
I saved myself cool (true story)

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by illicit(m): 4:44pm On Oct 13, 2020
EzzyCarter:
I saved myself cool (true story)
Gist us how it happen bros
Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by illicit(m): 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2020
fuckingAyaya:
Saved many people
How

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by illicit(m): 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2020
MrCork:

..nice one ..James bond!(no oofense) angry
None taken

But share with us
Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by Silentgroper(m): 5:00pm On Oct 13, 2020
yeah.

saved dami 4rm an an agonizing whipping from her mum. Her mum was known to uncloth u,get blades, mix grind pepper in water nd den flogs u after administering d aforementioned on u. So she ran to our flat naked in d night. I locked d door 4rm outside nd go call my mum 4 some pleading session.

btw i didnt take advantage of her as we were "BESTIES" Finito.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by illicit(m): 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2020
Silentgroper:
yeah.

saved dami 4rm an an agonizing whipping from her mum. Her mum was known to uncloth u,get blades, mix grind pepper in water nd den flogs u after administering d aforementioned on u. So she ran to our flat naked in d night. I locked d door 4rm outside nd go call my mum 4 some pleading session.

btw i didnt take advantage of her as we were "BESTIES" Finito.

Wow I am proud of you!
Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by Silentgroper(m): 5:08pm On Oct 13, 2020
illicit:

Wow I am proud of you!
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by seunlier(m): 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2020
Tried saving a girl once but it made her mad she really wanted the streets so bad just had to leave her cool

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by illicit(m): 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2020
Abouwaza:
Have you asked if anyone has ever saved me?

cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by Themainboy22: 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2020
Yes. I've been a role model to most of the youths in my area by recruiting them to this...(picture below). But only few came back to thank me for saving them. I ain't saving no one again.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:38pm On Oct 13, 2020
yes...during coronavirus era....I gave out some many thousands I earned from Google adsense to families who don't have...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by illicit(m): 1:30am On Oct 14, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
yes...during coronavirus era....I gave out some many thousands I earned from Google adsense to families who don't have...

That is very sweet of u
Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by BigDawsNet: 12:00pm On Oct 17, 2020
I haven't saved anyone like you know saving in medical way.. I only got skills in saving animals life's... Have done that severally...

But the only way I have saved couples of niggga is just through giving out cash...

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by illicit(m): 2:43pm On Nov 08, 2021
Candidlady

What's up today?
Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by Candidlady: 2:53pm On Nov 08, 2021
illicit:
Candidlady
What's up today?
fine fine fine
just trying to get over liverpool's game!!
how are you
Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by illicit(m): 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2021
Candidlady:

fine fine fine

how are you

Fine fine fine
I prefer movies to football

Just got back from work
Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by Sonnobax15(m): 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2021
Candidlady:

fine fine fine

how are you
. grin grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by Candidlady: 3:14pm On Nov 08, 2021
Sonnobax15:
. grin grin grin grin.
gerowta here
Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by Candidlady: 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2021
illicit:

Fine fine fine I prefer movies to football
Just got back from work
hope monday stres wasnt much at work

movie is a no for me, more like a sleeping pill for me! Music all day
Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by illicit(m): 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2021
Candidlady:

hope monday stres wasnt much at work

movie is a no for me, more like a sleeping pill for me! Music all day

Wasn't much stress

Lol I found out how not to sleep while watching a movie tho

Yeah, I love good music
Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by illicit(m): 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2022
grin
Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by Muffassa: 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2022
Man! Not done saving myself
Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 09, 2022
illicit:
Yes, I once did albeit unintentionally....

Have you

I remember this incidence with nostalgic feelings....

There was some group of guys I knew and they do menial or odd jobs. At least two of them were ex convicts ( Robbery suspects). There were about five of them in a particular group.

Everybody loves corp members AKA corpers.

I quickened my step and arrived at the house I wanted to buy Nunu, The grandmother and her wives were seated at the threshold and were feeding younger ones, they speak fluent Yoruba. I was welcomed and we started gisting.

One of the wives went to fetch my bottle of Nunu.

The drizzle was beginning to turn to a proper rain and I was just thinking I might be stuck there after all when suddenly from the nearby bush, there emerged three guys with knapsacks on their backs and each had a sharpened Cutlass. They look fierce and very familiar.

I recognized them almost immediately, but the look on their face now was kinda mean.

When they saw me, they paused in mid movement as if arrested, one actually wanted to retreat hastily like he wanted to bolt, but the nearest one to him checked him by tugging his pants....

As I took all this in, I was somewhat scared to look them in the face but I had to..... These were guys that I do buy cigarettes or rum for on the street as e dey go.... wink

The Fulani women obviously don't know those guys and they where somewhat pernickety as the guys approached us.

I observed that they (both the guys and the women) were mumbling among themselves in low tones.

They greeted me for an unusual long period of time as if they actually wanted to say something but had to suppress it.... After some many nothings, they asked me what I was doing around there in low tones and I told them I live nearby and do come to buy Nunu, they looked at each other and frowned quizzically....

They said they came hunting around there but the rain/drizzle interfered and they had to seek nearby shelter.

The fulani women were silent but somewhat apprehensive.

After a while when the drizzle/rain was abating , they retreated into the bush but not exactly whence they came from.

The Fulani settlement was devoid of men at this particular time, and I know the guys knew. They had a plan, The Fulanis may not fathom all these the way I did on the spot but they sensed something too. Even the children were quiet.

We were literally on a tight spot.

Anything could have happened right there and even thereafter....

I hastily said my goodbye as one of the wives was calling her man on the phone to come back home quick.... I quickened my step....

I left the vicinity immediately to enjoy my Nunu but not at my home, I went to my police friend's house and briefed him what just happened, he knew those guys as well....

In the evening I went around town with him and he carried a government issued Beretta under his shirt, everyone saw us together but not those three guys....
They have made themselves scarce

What had happened was that, Just by being at that place at that time, I had inadvertently saved the life and property of those women. They would have been robbed/Assaulted or both.

My life was in danger at that moment and even immediately after. Even when I left. I was on the hot seat. I recognised the guys and the Fulani women were aware of that and anybody can locate me.

I could have been deleted.

Those guys were on sinister mission but when they saw me, they had to change plans impromptu.

They could have eliminated me assuming I met them in action but God willing I arrived before them. So they wouldn't risk it maybe probably because I was with NYSC. They usually kind of think NYSC is some kind of police.
undecided

That was how I saved those Fulani that day.....

It was really a matter of coincidence....

really?...so did u shoot yor way outter the forest with AK47 sir? angry
Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by illicit(m): 6:55pm On Dec 09, 2022
DaddyCK:

really?...so did u shoot yor way outter the forest with AK47 sir? angry

It wasn't a forest nah

Just a settlement near my house and ppa

There was no shooting
Re: Have You Ever Saved Anyone? by illicit(m): 11:32pm On Jul 19, 2023
Since that day, those fulani women gives me free nunu or more than I paid for

We never talked about the incidence, we just had a silent understanding

(1) (Reply)

... / Funke Felix-adejumo Asked Men When Last They Thank Their Wife After Having Sex / Can I Get An Apartment For 300000 Naira In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.