Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,539 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working (20572 Views)

How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. / How Do I Cope With A Workaholic Boyfriend??? / Would You Marry A Workaholic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by laudate: 5:49pm On Jun 26, 2007
Qby:

If a guy was toasting me and i knew he was too busy for me, there wont be a relationship. the problem is most guys find time to do the toasting and once they got d girl they settle in into their old life pattern! Dont get me wrong, i work too and a lot of times am busy as hell, and sometimes i fall back on the attention i should be giving but its MOST DEFINATELY not all d time. Even when i fall back, i try making up for it. Love is like a garden. it thrives and flourishes only if its giving the right amount of attention

True!! grin Sometimes, 'work" is an excuse guys use, to let the girl know they are not really[i] 'that '[/i] interested in her. Maybe he has gotten what he wants from her & is now busy browsing other chics on the horizon.

Just a thought.
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by JayMoney(m): 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2007
someone have to pay the bills ,  so let him work

in ma case im addicted to money,  i will make money even on non / public holiday

also " 9 (nine) " days a week if possible
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by moondust(m): 6:11pm On Jun 26, 2007
@ Gollum
I think you need a break from that fella.
I have skills in balancing work and romance, so hit me up right now!!!
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by elohor1(f): 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2007
@topic in as much as the dough is flowing just manage the workaholism.
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by wales7479(m): 10:40pm On Jun 26, 2007
Madam,

Get you ass together and make sure he is in your bed at every opportunity he has,he will surely want to be with you at every little time. Betterstill, do what he likes and make him long for more.

Better idea!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by frankoko(m): 10:42am On Jun 27, 2007
Girl get a grip !
i dont believe he works all the time he must one day off at least (may be he has) and choose not to spend it wit u at all , so u got to find out wat the problem is?
even rich men chasing after money have time for themselves and family or babes
abbi him no dey tire ?
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by temmyabby(f): 11:44pm On Jun 27, 2007
well if at the end of d month u c the evidence say na work he dey work, y complain grin
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by niceuzor: 12:16am On Jun 28, 2007
Ask me!!! Abeg tell them Jare wink
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by Everbright(f): 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2007
@ poster,please stand by him
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by 2dye4(m): 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2007
is he working rite now? just curious. grin
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by ayowande(m): 2:18pm On Jun 30, 2007
Let’s call a spade a spade! angry
Working long hours and a relationship sure does not work at all. What really are our values in life and were has anyone seen happiness and affluence work together? I take it that we area victim of a materially over-saturated society were you are seen better by what you have.
History has shown that those who hug their work life a lesser kind of life than those who choose to be simple and embrace cultures and values that promote good health. Values like spending time with your family and giving time out to your neighbor (is not your girlfriend/wife your closest neighbor?) and worshiping God. Things linked with these activities bring the greatest happiness. Most have learned to cut down their work hours and some have resigned. The moment we start realizing that that good woman we got married to means more than all the wealth in the world the better for all of us.
Our society however has made divorce and separation a "no big deal" affair.
My dear Girl, it’s going to be hard convincing him to get to give yourselves some more time, but you just try OK? If he belongs to “my toy speaks better about me than my happy relationship or family" then really jump ‘cos you'll always bite your finger. (eyin lo ma dun oloku ada si)
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by enkae(f): 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2007
well, i happen to be dating a guy who is very devoted to his job.i understand that he has to work hard and i make some allowances but he also understands the need for us to spend time together and takes a break  REGULARLY!!!  habits are hard to break so i wont let him create on that will ruin our relationship or our future.  girl ,take some time also to involve yourself in what he does, if you can do that then some of that work time can be shared by you, not taken away but shared, trust me, he will appreciate it
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by Seun(m): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2007
I'm 100% in agreement with the advice given above. That would be a very smart thing to do. wink
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by nuggard(m): 12:07am On Jul 01, 2007
I am quite amused by your Topic.  Why does it always rain in rainy season?

Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by nuggard(m): 12:14am On Jul 01, 2007
ayowande:

Let’s call a spade a spade! angry

Agreed, you cannot argue over what is not debatable. You have established the fact that the object of our attention is a spade.

2dye4:

is he working rite now? just curious. grin

cry

moondust:

@ Gollum
I think you need a break from that fella.
I have skills in balancing work and romance, so hit me up right now!!!

Very relevant
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by oshiokee(m): 3:18am On Jul 02, 2007
Would you rather prefer him without a job. Someone doesn't have shoes and he's complaining. What would the man without legs say? I'm looking for a girl and a job. i am definitely not a good choice for you. Besides if u had a good job u would understand whar he's going through. So my dear bbear with "our guy"
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by MP007(m): 5:23am On Jul 02, 2007
any lady will be happy that her man is hard working, dont knwo what in the world is wrong with u , abi na all this akata guy wey never get work u want for all "the attention'? sex abi , u gotta realise that there is a lot of things that a man has to accomplish , u should be proud of him, luck u
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by omogenaija(f): 5:28am On Jul 02, 2007
MP007:

any lady will be happy that her man is hard working, don't knwo what in the world is wrong with u , abi na all this akata guy wey never get work u want for all "the attention'? sex abi , u gotta realise that there is a lot of things that a man has to accomplish , u should be proud of him, luck u

abi , abeg help me tell her o
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by Dynast(m): 10:46am On Jul 02, 2007
Just because u are his girlfriend
he shld leave his work so that when he gets fired u run to another guy.
Did he start the workaholism after befriending you else never complain again
Women! [i]Oso Chi egbu[/i]
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by aleroaruya(f): 12:19pm On Jul 02, 2007
are u sure its work? maybe u bore him because I have a colleque who cant stay at home with his wife and two kids and uses work as cover-up. He does come to work on those days as cover-up but he will just stay for 2hours and later go out for runs (if u know what I mean)
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by PHBABE(f): 2:33am On Jul 03, 2007
Some people on this forum just keep asking the poor girl if she would rather him be without a job. Its not either one or the other. Just bcuz u need to make some dough does not in anyway mean that u would have to completely abandon ur family or not atleast acknowledge the fact that ur significant other has a point when she says she misses u or wants to spend some time with u. u should be flattered sef that she wants to be wit u, wat if she neva complained and just started looking 4 attn somewhere else bcuz trust me girls do need attn and if she finds it somewhere else, she might just take it. Life is not all about work. Now am not saying the guy should not be hard working or pursue his dreams and i am not also saying that the girl should not try to compromise at least 4 a little while while he realizes his dream, afterall, what is a relationship without compromise, all i am saying is that a balance should be established btw work and home. Or else, when he decides to pay her some attn, it may be tooo late to salvage the relationship!
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by reach4lar(f): 10:34am On Jul 03, 2007
I think you need to communicate with him, he needs to understand how you feel each time it takes too long for you to see each other because working late should not make you unimportant to him especially if/when he claims to be too busy to put phone calls through to you. I think he'll change if you guys sit to have a little chat on that topic. But if he won't create time for you guys to talk, then it means you don't have a boyfriend yet, he's only using you and that's the basic truth!
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by Aproko(f): 12:09pm On Jul 03, 2007
@ topic,

if you try what trini_girl has said and it doesn't work, then my dear your boyfriend may be slipping away from you.

a guy that is truly in love with you would see that he is hurting you and try to make ammends. he toasted you didn't he? why didn't he realise then that he likes to work?when a guy starts to focus on his job without any apologies, then my dear it means its time for you to move on, cos he certainly has moved ahead of you. sad sad
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by osteen(m): 2:34pm On Jul 03, 2007
if he works so much but make his pay good for him cause later in life he can confortably relax and spend time wit u n ur kids. isn't dat better.
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by uchetobi(f): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2007
I agree with the poster above. If you cant accept it now is the time to run
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by nnada(f): 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2007
first, of all, before u started dating him, didn't u know he was working like that, or when u guys started dating that he got the job.
What kind of work is that even on sundays and public hols. Try and find what kind of work is it? then how true is the work that he goes to work onweekends and public hols.
Finally, have a discussion on that with him, and pray about it.
Good luck in life.
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by Sammymulti(m): 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2007
[i][/i] dont be to sad baby, its cool for him to make more money you bt he should make sure that he always make its up to you, atleast he do come home to sleep lol!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by Saddam: 1:10am On Jul 09, 2007
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working ) Dont worry u can leave him and come ova, I will have enuff time for u ok.
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by Phiniter(m): 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2007
I am a whole less busy I'll ave enough time for you, expecially at nights grin
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by coolkaboom(m): 11:54am On Mar 08, 2008
i have a view on this that might surprise a few, many man who spends endless hours at work is surely running away from home, or at least putting it off till as late as possible.it could be a bad marriage or just a lousy home situation, he views the office as a refuge from the sorry reality he has waiting for him at home.not saying this is the case this time, but it happens.i once had this boss who was the 1st in and last out everyday, in fact, we were convinced he was practically living in d office.a visit to his home during his son's 10th birthday revealed he was living with a grade a Margareth Thatcher. we were more sympathetic to his eccentric ways afterwards.

no point slaving over a career and investing all ur time in it if there's no-one there to share it with.there simply must be a way to strike a balance without estranging your loved ones.it applies to both men and women.take a load off, prioritise and learn to effectively delegate to your subordinates some tasks so that everybody gets out early enough.regardless of how invaluable you feel u r, do ou realise that if u were to move on, your company will not die or suffer too much.a replacement will be at your desk before u r out of d door way.

wake up.
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by PERVERT9: 12:05pm On Mar 08, 2008
i guess you,d prefer he "works" under you from sunday to saturday grin
Phiniter:

I am a whole less busy I'll ave enough time for you, expecially at nights grin
ashawo man grin
Re: My Workaholic Boyfriend Is Always Working by angelgirl1(f): 6:50pm On May 26, 2009
Same here, I just clean up all day to keep my mind off of it, or to fill the empty spaces between him being here and him being gone. When he comes home he is happy that the house is so clean and it helps our relationship. One day he will stop working so much and we will be financially secure. So I just deal with it. Hope you can.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is It Okay To Block Your Ex, Or Should You Let Them Watch You Succeed? / How To Tell When He's Close To Proposing To You / My Wife Pretended To Be Innocent Until I Married Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.