Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos (59597 Views)

Kwara Imposes 24-hour Curfew In Ilorin As Warehouse Lootings Turn Violent / Governor Wike Imposes 24 Hours Curfew On Some Parts Of Rivers State / EndSARS: Ikpeazu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Aba And Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by airminem(f): 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2020
iwaeda:

You will understand the power of Youth
With you on this one
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by humilitypays(m): 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2020
MrNipplesLover:
24 hr curfew abi? fine.

after 24 hrs, shebi protesters go hit back on the streets and continue abi?

this was necessary, but not the solution.

tell Mr. president that if him fit announce to he public that:

1) the SWAT has been suspended indefinitely (courtesy of the IGP).

2) all members of the house have been forced to take 60% cut of salaries and allowances.

3) will be attended to before month end

4) shall be solved before month end.

5) shall be resolved before month end.

6) same

7) same as above.

then tell the protesters to hold for the rest results with ultimatum of end of October.

then see what will happen immediately.

but, u assholes wan use cunning cunning ways to win the youths?

failed on arrival.

to the bastard criminals and cultists who have hijacked our peaceful protests nationwide, Ogun kill all of Una there.

let's move.
God bless you

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by bstan12: 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2020
cynthia9:
It will not work
The one in Benin city right now is not working

Ugbowo lagos road is blocked

Youth have succeeded in chasing away police officers deployed to the place. Uniben main gate to be precise

I will keep you guys updated
Lagos should not be scared of the curfew
I dey dere now life and direct.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by humilitypays(m): 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2020
Temptee101:

This is Benin city today, you and the govt still don't understand what is going on.

They people can't breathe again, people are ready to die for this course.

If you know the number of people that have died so far, and more still ready to sacrifice their lives, you will understand the extent of this struggle.

Life means nothing to an average Nigerian right now. Majority of Nigerian youths are living a life full of hopelessness all because of our useless and greedy leaders.

Blame the leaders and politicians and not the Nigerian youths.

Nigerian youths are fed up.

#EndBadGovernance
#EndNASSBogusSalaries
#EndUnemployment

No retreat No surrender
You will live to prosper.

God bless all honest Nigerians who call black black!

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Okeyy30: 12:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
We say no to police brutality
#Endsars
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by felzokugo(m): 12:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
sonofElElyon:
I don't know who released the detainees but judging from the video evidence that was posted here, it seems miscreants set the police station ablaze judging from the way they were rejoicing and celebrating the fire..

This shows....nothing good can come out of dis shit hole called nigeria. Filled wit wicked greedy blood sucking politicians,i hope d protesters keep FOCUS!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
Temptee101:

This is Benin city today, you and the govt still don't understand what is going on.

They people can't breathe again, people are ready to die for this course.

If you know the number of people that have died so far, and more still ready to sacrifice their lives, you will understand the extent of this struggle.

Life means nothing to an average Nigerian right now. Majority of Nigerian youths are living a life hopelessness all because of our useless and greedy leaders.

Blame the leaders and politicians and not the Nigerian youths.

Nigerian youths are fed up.

#EndBadGovernance
#EndNASSBogusSalaries
#EndUnemployment

No retreat No surrender

I don't blame youths. I have been protesting in front of government house before things went out of hand and idiots joined us in large numbers. They smoke everywhere without regard for some of us who are allergic to the smoke and drink alcohol. They threaten road users with planks and sticks. They messed it all up. I stopped going.

When I see people saying some protesters are government sponsored thugs, I laugh at their ignorance because they've most likely not been to any protest physically. Many of these guys are capable of cause breakdown of law at the slightest opportunity as even on the protest ground, we experienced fight. That was also another reason I stopped going.

I am all in for reform and this fight but honestly, it's bullshit already. On the tarred road to my house, EndSars-inclined thugs are now mounting roadblocks, taking monies from motorists and chanting EndSars. The police aren't even coming to our aid.

What we have now is not a protest. It should end before it gets worse.

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Reasoning(m): 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
Millimann:
Tinubu wants to prove to Miyetti Allah that his hand nor dey.
nail.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by airminem(f): 12:42pm On Oct 20, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
Defy am see na..
For police barrack na mumu una be. . .
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by felzokugo(m): 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2020
sammirano:
I have always said it that this guy isvsuper foolish. How will 4pmcurgew work in lagos. People are already at work. Who thinks for this guy.
He could borow a lunatic's brain naa.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2020
humilitypays:
God bless you

I hail you, bossman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by seunmsg(m): 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
omenka:
Jack005 asked a very valid question two comments above yours.

If what he says happens, what would be the response of the government?

I don't think the call was a good call by the governor.

The governor can’t just fold his hands and watch as protesters and thugs burn down public properties. The situation would get out of hand if a tough decision is not taken. Let’s just wait and see how things will play out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sammirano: 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
uptimum123:

It's fair to say you are more foolish..

If you leave your place of work now, you can get home before 4pm.

Shikena

Idiots like you are the reason why govt behave anyhow to citizens. because I cannot imagine how someone coming from lekki will arrive at Ifo before 4pm now. but in your divine stupidity you expect them to fly. were!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by PEguy2020: 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
fergie001:

Babajide Sanwo-olu

I stand with edo state the gallant youth are still on the street protesting despite the curfew
Over here in edo state we see it as a revolution, to remove hunger and set back from all nigeria the government are feeling the heat over here as the protesters are shouting
Buharimustgo, it is now a revolution here, so if the government can look away from other states definitely not edo, so they will try to distrubt the protest as possible
We need nigerians to support edo state and turn every protest in their state to #Buharimustgo or restructure now,
It is either now or never..... It is beyond endsars we want corruption out of the system
Dont blame edo state because your state is still shouting endsars, and the government is still the protest as child play in your state, i have been protesting in edo, the endsars didnt gain much respect here until it changed to Buharimustgo and the government is not finding it funny so they wont to hijack to protest with all they got
Bleep those government dogs on nairaland here making you hate the effort of the edo people and their bravery, we must take back our country and end corruption for once
ENDSARS is the trigger revolution is the goal
God bless my edo brothers
And godbless nigeria plenty
After this protest you all hater would regret hating on the edo peoples efforts
I just don't want to go back into corruption after this protest it would be a waste of time
Buhari is assumed dead in edo, if he still alive in your state then am sorry
Buharimustgo
Corruption mustgo
Badgovernance mustgo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by PEguy2020: 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
seunmsg:

Confirmed.

This decision is inevitable if you ask me, we all saw it coming. Peaceful protest can no longer take place alongside lawlessness. Government must restore law and order before the situation gets out of hand.

I stand with edo state the gallant youth are still on the street protesting despite the curfew
Over here in edo state we see it as a revolution, to remove hunger and set back from all nigeria the government are feeling the heat over here as the protesters are shouting
Buharimustgo, it is now a revolution here, so if the government can look away from other states definitely not edo, so they will try to distrubt the protest as possible
We need nigerians to support edo state and turn every protest in their state to #Buharimustgo or restructure now,
It is either now or never..... It is beyond endsars we want corruption out of the system
Dont blame edo state because your state is still shouting endsars, and the government is still the protest as child play in your state, i have been protesting in edo, the endsars didnt gain much respect here until it changed to Buharimustgo and the government is not finding it funny so they wont to hijack to protest with all they got
Bleep those government dogs on nairaland here making you hate the effort of the edo people and their bravery, we must take back our country and end corruption for once
ENDSARS is the trigger revolution is the goal
God bless my edo brothers
And godbless nigeria plenty
After this protest you all hater would regret hating on the edo peoples efforts
I just don't want to go back into corruption after this protest it would be a waste of time
Buhari is assumed dead in edo, if he still alive in your state then am sorry
Buharimustgo
Corruption mustgo
Badgovernance mustgo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Guestlander: 12:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

I don't blame youths. I have been protesting in front of government house before things went out of hand and idiots joined us in large numbers. They smoke everywhere without regard for some of us who are allergic to the smoke and drink alcohol. They threaten road users with planks and sticks. They messed it all up. I stopped going.

When I see people saying some protesters are government sponsored thugs, I laugh at their ignorance because they've most likely not been to any protest physically. Many of these guys are capable of cause breakdown of law at the slightest opportunity as even on the protest ground, we experienced fight. That was also another reason I stopped going.

I am all in for reform and this fight but honestly, it's bullshit already. On the tarred road to my house, EndSars-inclined thugs are now mounting roadblocks, taking monies from motorists and chanting EndSars. The police aren't even coming to our aid.

What we have now is not a protest. It should end before it gets worse.

The government created this mess by their years of mismanagement and lack of concern for the people.
These people you call miscreants are also victims of a broken society.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2020
airminem:
For police barrack na mumu una be. . .
This dumb yooot go dey house dey encourage protesters online. I no need follow you drag. You be female and most of you are very empty.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by SoftP(m): 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2020
jagzyukay:

Oga come outside Nd say it naa. I’m very sure u won’t even leave your house. But you’d be encouraging others to do so. Hypocrisy at its peak

Lolz’ most of u kids are good @ ranting on social media,
I’m out here sharing my experience, not to impress ur little brain.
I’m doing this for my generation onwards, i owe u no better explanation.

If my agitation was against ur little self, it had been worthless;
my refer is to govt.
ur comment is baseless
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Sleekfingers: 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2020
Which wahala be dis again?

Sanwo olu u fit swear with your left ball say no be u send those hoodlums to cause chaos?

The curfew no fit work o....youth dey vex gan......how many people police wan arrest?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Usmankno: 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2020
And all those who participated in the protest,must be quarantined nd run Covid 19 test to avert second wave pandemic.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by uptimum123(m): 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2020
sammirano:

Idiots like you are the reason why govt behave anyhow to citizens. because I cannot imagine how someone coming from lekki will arrive at Ifo before 4pm now. but in your divine stupidity you expect them to fly. were!

You no get sense...if you cant meet up then start living in your office na

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by zionmde: 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2020
joefelin2345:
Why are you talking from both sides of your mouth? You supported the curfew at the same time blaming the Lagos Youth for voting PMB. Who told you that our votes counted during the last election most especially in Lagos State?
Yeah i support the curfew because the protest has lost its voice. The protest has driven its point and anybody who didnt see the current hijacking coming is blind.

For those calling for buhari to resign and let the youths take over bla bla bla. Am asking didnt buhari win the elections just last year? where were the so called youths wen we decided that our ancestors should rule us. Dont be deceived majority of the voters voted him and he won. Up to the extent some group of youths around oshodi decided to disenfranchise other youths all for the sake of our darling Bubu

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Shattuck(m): 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2020
it is the duty of the govt to protect the masses it is also the duty of the people to protest you can't blame the lawlessness going on the protest, when you created the mess.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Munzy14(m): 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2020
uptimum123:
Way to go
We need sanity on our roads, enough of this chaos
God bless Sanwo Olu
God bless Baba Buhari
God bless Nigeria
optimum sycophant...

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Omezif(m): 12:53pm On Oct 20, 2020
I supported the governor for his decission, peaceful protesters have already missed with violence protesters and hoodlums. Me i can't support evil.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by DonCandido(f): 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2020
FLYFIRE:

Please STEP ASIDE. YOU HAVE ALREADY FAILED & DISGRACED YOUR FAMILY AND FUTURE KIDS; LET REASONABLE NIGERIANS FIGHT FOR THEIR FUTURE

I dare you to go out in Lagos fromr placards placard

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Dinirojones(m): 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2020
Thunder fire u and buhari
uptimum123:
Way to go

We need sanity on our roads, enough of this chaos

God bless Sanwo Olu

God bless Baba Buhari

God bless Nigeria
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by AnanseK(m): 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2020
Jack005:
What if they defy the curfew and the number of people protesting are very high? How do you disperse such huge crowd? By the way, the protest should be aligning towards ending bad government.

The best way to end a bad Government is through election, not through violence and mayhem.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sidonlook: 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
Jack005:
What if they defy the curfew and the number of people protesting are very high? How do you disperse such huge crowd? By the way, the protest should be aligning towards ending bad government.

If they want to change government, they should wait for election time.
We are in democracy.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by HenryWilliams(m): 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2020
Columba90:
Between charybdis and scylla...

Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by airminem(f): 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2020
Double check yourself in the mirror
OZOnNengiTheory:
This dumb yooot go dey house dey encourage protesters online. I no need follow you drag. You be female and most of you are very empty.
You are worthless. . . Allow your senses compliment the size of thats your vaccum cranium. You are not a real man because you aint gat balls in the pants

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

El-Rufai Reacts After A Peter Obi Supporter Reported His Tweet / Market Woman Tries To Pour Garri On VP Osinbajo's Hand At Ikenne Market / “buhari Was Accused Of N2.8 Bln Scam As Oil Minister” – Madueke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.