Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,418 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters (77679 Views)

Hoodlums Fired Gunshots At Igboho’s House Before Setting It On Fire – Police / Gunshots At Dangote Refinery Ibeju-Lekki Protest (Video) / #endsars: Heavy Security At Aso Rock Gate As Thugs Besiege Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Biodun556(m): 7:59pm On Oct 20, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
I smell revolution

God help us

Please stop deceiving yourself.

Where are the protest leaders, Aisha Yesufu and co? They left people to die.

3 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by mrsteel: 7:59pm On Oct 20, 2020
AdetayoNL:

And that give the Government to kill them?
They resemble Bokoharam?
Are you normal bro�
Put sentiment aside!
When protesters resist govt order, govt will resort to any means possible to disperse them! It is like that all over world! They should go home, after the curfew, they can regroup. By remaining there when there is a standing curfew means they are disobeying d govt & any strong govt will react!
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by adams123: 8:00pm On Oct 20, 2020
THE PROTESTERS DON'T NO THE MEANING OF A CURFEW?? OBEY THE ORDER FIRST, GO AND RESTRATEGISE FOR ANOTHER DAY. I'M HAPPY WITH THE PROTESTS SO FAR BUT AFTER THE THUGS & HOODLUM STARTED TAKING ADVANTAGE, I HAVE TO THINK TWICE. YES, OUR LEADERS HAVE BEING CHEATING US BUT WE NEED TO CALM DOWN A BIT FOR NOW..THEY THE LEADERS NEVER BELIEVE A PROTEST LIKE THIS CAN HAPPEN IN THIS COUNTRY, BUT IT HAS HAPPENED AND I BELIEVE THEY WILL CARRY OUT A DRASTIC POSITIVE CHANGE TO THEIR OLD WAYS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Faithful007: 8:00pm On Oct 20, 2020
bolaayenimo:
The protesters should have left the moment the governor declared a curfew. When a government declares a curfew and the people resisted, that government Is as good as dead and invitation to anarchy. They have been tolerated enough for 13 days non-stop. Sanwo-Olu has tried. He declared the curfew as a last option
bro, no matter the circumstances, you never shoot unarmed people. Why didn't they go to Benin where people are carrying AKs on the streets.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by BlackFlamefromP: 8:00pm On Oct 20, 2020
It annoys me whenever I see people use the word 'peaceful protest'. These are subversive, delusional elements bent on destabilizing the country.

There is nothing peaceful in violating the right of others to freedom of movement by blocking the roads.

There is nothing peaceful about unreasonably expecting the country to change overnight and refusing to give government a chance to fulfill it's promises.

There is nothing peaceful in continuing 'endsars' protest when government has already bowed to their demands by scrapping that unit of police force. That is pure irrationality.

Peaceful protest my foot. It reminds me of MASSOB and IPOB's fantasy that they can 'peacefully' divide Nigeria!

8 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Angelfrost(m): 8:00pm On Oct 20, 2020
jaeybee98:
Enemies of the state simply because they were found outside during curfew? What happens to arresting and prosecution? Do they really have to shoot? Water canyon is a more better and responsible way of dispersing a crowd.

Truly, Nigerians deserve their leaders. You wouldn't be spewing okoto meow if ur immediate family had been at the receiving end.

Thank you!!!

You can imagine the quality of reasoning of young people in a Jet age!!! So shameful!!!

Indeed, they deserve Buhari!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by kayjay69(m): 8:01pm On Oct 20, 2020
You are a typical symptom of the typical problem of what it is to be a Nigerian.

Did you read your own statement?

"Sanwo-olu has tried" implying he has stomached the protesters abi, normally if he did not try he should have unleashed security apparatus on them to forcefully remove them nevermind the fact that they are exercising their constitutional right.

"They have been tolerated" meaning the idiots, the riff raffs have been tolerated abi, they are overdoing it abi, they have tried the government has heard them abi.

I guess the people have not tried enough by enduring police brutality, corrupt government upon corrupt government, bad infrastructure and steadily being lied to. I guess they are just stupid people who don't know what they are doing.

You are a problem unto yourself and unto your generation. And I hope your evil statements catch up with you eventually.
bolaayenimo:
The protesters should have left the moment the governor declared a curfew. When a government declares a curfew and the people resisted, that government Is as good as dead and invitation to anarchy. They have been tolerated enough for 13 days non-stop. Sanwo-Olu has tried. He declared the curfew as a last option

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by lexy2014: 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
bolaayenimo:

Wait oh. Who tolerated who for 13days? Is it d protesters that tolerated d govt or d govt that tolerated d protesters?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by ecolime(m): 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
justine14:

you and your whole family can regrouped after the curfew.

your education is a waste of resources.
You are inconsequential
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by hammerP: 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
MrNipplesLover:
if FG think they can win this like this, they are just daydreaming.

the military can't stand against the people when things get to the situation of fire for fire.

Buhari has become a history already. he's just there for the moment.

the prices to pay are waiting for you.

you are dead already and IGP Adamumu, your days are numbered.

I will advise the protesters to retreat and go home and rest.

in few days to come, if all the demands are not met with, the youth would come out with full force and we start war and the country will crumble.

Buhari, you will regret ever taking this action.

we move.

IF WE ARE FORCED OFF THE STREET, WE GO INTO SIT AT HOME NATIONWIDE.

WE MUST NOT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY, ELSE EVERY PROTEST GOING FORWARD WILL BE MET BY THE MILITARY.

THEY WILL FEEL THEY CAN QUASH THE PEOPLE.

THIS DID NOT WORK IN THE ARAB SPRING IN EGYPT, LIBYA, TUNISIA.

BLACKS ARE NOT THE WEAKEST PEOPLE ON THE PLANET, THE MILITRAY CANNOT KILL US ALL.

WE MUST SUSTAIN THIS MOVEMENT.

BRITAIN MUST LEAVE OUR COUNTRY AND RETURN TO THEIR ISLAND.

OUR LEADERS MUST NOT ONLY FEAR US, BUT ANSWER TO US.

ONLY WAY TO SAVE NIGERIA, IS WE MUST CONTINUE THE PROTEST NONSTOP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by RosyIsBlessed: 8:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
Protest I was just watching on Hip TV not long ago?
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by otokx(m): 8:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
This is totally unacceptable, shooting of unarmed civilians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by elujah1(m): 8:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
mrsteel:

Put sentiment aside!
When protesters resist govt order, govt will resort to any means possible to disperse them! It is like that all over world! They should go home, after the curfew, they can regroup. By remaining there when there is a standing curfew means they are disobeying d govt & any govt will react!
Using live ammunitions? Yet same soldiers chicken out when Boko Haram attacks, they have lost the little sympathy many have for them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Patriotic9ja(m): 8:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
jaeybee98:
Enemies of the state simply because they were found outside during curfew? What happens to arresting and prosecution? Do they really have to shoot? Water canyon is a more better and responsible way of dispersing a crowd.

Truly, Nigerians deserve their leaders. You wouldn't be spewing okoto meow if ur immediate family had been at the receiving end.

Well you are right. It seems the time for the curfew changed. Just saw now it was supposed to start by 9pm. Hence no need for the confrontation
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Omooba77: 8:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
aminulive:
Eyewitness reports on Tuesday evening reveal that security agents have stormed the Lekki Toll gate to forcefully disperse #EndSARS Protesters.

Several gunshots were heard as the protesters scampered to safety. Nollywood actress, Omoni Oboli has also confirmed the incident.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Omonioboli/status/1318609165418401794

Killing Your Children because of lust for power.....#EndSars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Maxymilliano(m): 8:05pm On Oct 20, 2020
If you are seeing this and you are still planning to vote for this same party in 2023 you won't see 2023 in Jesus name, they removed cameras opened fire on people like this,this is the height of irresponsibility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by DBestDoc(f): 8:05pm On Oct 20, 2020
Patriotic9ja:
Since you guys refuse to obey government's directive to restore normalcy. Then you all still outside protesting will be treated as THUGS and enemies of the State

What is normal about Nigeria?

You’re very lucky you’re not close to me, I would have given you a very hot slap for typing rubbish.

From your comments, I see You’re a very big criminal benefiting from the corruption and abnormalities in the system. The end is near for you and your cohorts.

Sensible Nigerians cannot continue to fold their hands and let a set of recycled thieves destroy their destinies and that of their children.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by jaeybee98(m): 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
kayjay69:
You are a typical symptom of the typical problem of what it is to be a Nigerian.

Did you read your own statement?

"Sanwo-olu has tried" implying he has stomached the protesters abi, normally if he did not try he should have unleashed security apparatus on them to forcefully remove them nevermind the fact that they are exercising their constitutional right.

"They have been tolerated" meaning the idiots, the riff raffs have been tolerated abi, they are overdoing it abi, they have tried the government has heard them abi.

I guess the people have not tried enough by enduring police brutality, corrupt government upon corrupt government, bad infrastructure and steadily being lied to. I guess they are just stupid people who don't know what they are doing.

You are a problem unto yourself and unto your generation. And I hope your evil statements catch up with you eventually.
Sincerely, it irks me whenever i see words like that from a Nigerian. They think we owe the government or they're doing us a favour.

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Arizonaguy(m): 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
iddonla:
i am in support of this protest.but its high time everyone go home..get their PVC and make a statement in 2023..

lets show this old heartless idiots that power truly belong to God and the youth....

Buhari has failed

All our past/present politicians have failed us

Tinubu has failed

Sanwo-olu has failed ( i now believe what ambode said that he has mental problem)..

at the end of the day na tinubu go suffer am pass , because his presidential ambition is dead on arrival..

i am a tinubu supporter between..before una label me tinubu / yoruba hater..

We can now see our enemies clearer, please my nigerian youths lets unite no matter our tribe , bad blood and political differences and make a statement..not for us alone, but for the future generation to come..
SHALOM
You are dumb
Election that they will rig

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by persius555(m): 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2020
bolaayenimo:

Are u aware that the goal (curfew) has been shifted to 9pm?
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by streetfabulous: 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2020
--Mr President should please address the nation as a matter of urgency.
--State Govs and state commissioners of police should go to the different protest sites in their states, address the protesters, negotiate a date and venue for a town hall meeting, urge protesters to organize themselves and appoint spokesmen/women as well as document all their demands.
--Our dear protesters, please it is time to get organised. If we ask questions then we must allow the govt to answer.The goal is not to protest and fight forever.Infact it may be more effective to step back, assess the impact so far and restrategize for a more effective protest.
--Please organize this movement, get spokesmen/women, make it easy for our leaders to come out and negotiate by fixing a date and venue for town hall meetings, let's discuss and document all demands and prepare to talk. By organising the movement, we can avoid hijacking and infiltration by thugs.
--In the town hall meeting, the spokespersons will articulate the demands, the govt will consider them and highlight what is possible and where they may have challenges. The goal is to reach a consensus between the govt and protesters. Finally a working document should be drafted with appropriate timelines.
--The state governors should then have a meeting with the Federal government, harmonize the demands from the various state town hall meetings and put modalities in motion for TRANSPARENT implementation.
--If possible,the youths can even adopt a vision that will leverage on the current solidarity to forge a massive political alliance in form of a party that will decide who will lead this nation in future. But, to achieve this we must organize ourselves at a national level and come together.

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by miketayo(m): 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2020
bolaayenimo:

you just justified genocide. Sanwolu just fvcked up
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by crazygod(m): 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2020
bolaayenimo:
You are really crazy for spewing this post. So that gives the govt the right to shoot at harmless innocent civilians? Does that place look like a war zone?
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by harmony75: 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2020
I knew it buhari had evil plans when he said the protesters have right to protest my mind was telling me he's planning something oh God innocent young people o mind heart aches God God why!?!!!!!?
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Neddstark: 8:08pm On Oct 20, 2020
superior1:
Bloods on Buhari and Tinubu's head

You days are numbered.

RevolutionNow

Blood is on the heads of no one.

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by ajl: 8:09pm On Oct 20, 2020
bolaayenimo:

Keep your mouth quiet. Who is tolerating who? It is the people that has been tolerating politicians and government officials for so long. They know it and within them they have remorse but will cover that up to show strength. Few people just sitting and sharing what belongs to millions. They just started. People should have start calling out public officials individually starting with the lawmakers collecting N20 million monthly plus for doing nothing. Public work is not avenue to be a millionaire. If you want to earn millions like CEOs, then go into the private sector.

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by DonCandido(f): 8:10pm On Oct 20, 2020
Olasty:

It will end in tears for you and all your generation

It will end in TEARS!
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by hammerP: 8:10pm On Oct 20, 2020
harmony75:
I knew it buhari had evil plans when he said the protesters have right to protest my mind was telling me he's planning something oh God innocent young people o mind heart aches God God why!?!!!!!?

IF WE CONTINUE THE PROTEST NONSTOP THOSE IN GOVERNMENT AND MILITARY THAT KILL NIGERIANS WILL ALSO DIE.

IF WE GO AWAY THEY WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO KILL US ONE AFTER THE OTHER AS THEY HAVE ALWAYS DONE.

NIGERIANS THIS IS THE BREAKING POINT OR BREAK EVEN POINT, I PRAY WE DIG DEEP AND SUSTAIN THIS MOVEMENT FOR OUR SAKE AND CHILDREN SAKE.

WE MUST CONTINUE TO BREAK EVEN.
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by jaeybee98(m): 8:10pm On Oct 20, 2020
Maxymilliano:
If you are seeing this and you are still planning to vote for this same party in 2023 you won't see 2023 in Jesus name, they removed cameras opened fire on people like this,this is the height of irresponsibility.
Amen!!
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Patriotic9ja(m): 8:10pm On Oct 20, 2020
DBestDoc:

What is normal about Nigeria?

You’re very lucky you’re not close to me, I would have given you a very hot slap for typing rubbish.

From your comments, I see You’re a very big criminal benefiting from the corruption and abnormalities in the system. The end is near for you and your cohorts.

Sensible Nigerians cannot continue to fold their hands and let a set of recycled thieves destroy their destinies and that of their children.

Good for you. Since poverty has become your family heritage, you want to burn down the country. Just like the biblical woman that wanted the baby divided. If your sense couldn't make you successful, then you are actually senseless

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by AdetayoNL(m): 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
mrsteel:

Put sentiment aside!
When protesters resist govt order, govt will resort to any means possible to disperse them! It is like that all over world! They should go home, after the curfew, they can regroup. By remaining there when there is a standing curfew means they are disobeying d govt & any govt will react!

And this is your justification for killing unarmed members?
They resemble Bokoharam?
Are you listening to your self at all?
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Afamed: 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
I smell revolution

God help us
Over the years you have been smelling revolution.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie: Sowore Faked His Re-Arrest In Order To Give DSS A Bad Name / Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) / When Abuja Policemen See A Senator That Just Collected #WardrobeAllowance(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.