Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,516 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters (77685 Views)

Hoodlums Fired Gunshots At Igboho’s House Before Setting It On Fire – Police / Gunshots At Dangote Refinery Ibeju-Lekki Protest (Video) / #endsars: Heavy Security At Aso Rock Gate As Thugs Besiege Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Pierced(f): 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
Maxymilliano:
If you are seeing this and you are still planning to vote for this same party in 2023 you won't see 2023 in Jesus name, they removed cameras opened fire on people like this,this is the height of irresponsibility.

As in......Buhari and his chief of staff need to to be taken to ICJ or is it ICC after their tenure.

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Ogaonos: 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
bolaayenimo:
The protesters should have left the moment the governor declared a curfew. When a government declares a curfew and the people resisted, that government Is as good as dead and invitation to anarchy. They have been tolerated enough for 13 days non-stop. Sanwo-Olu has tried. He declared the curfew as a last option
shut d Bleep up

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Neddstark: 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
Lizzydonnah:
This is so bad, why shoot at harmless protesters? I can't believe this is the government we all voted for
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by lexy2014: 8:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
BlackFlamefromP:
It annoys me whenever I see people use the word 'peaceful protest'. These are subversive, delusional elements bent on destabilizing the country.

There is nothing peaceful in violating the right of others to freedom of movement by blocking the roads.

There is nothing peaceful about unreasonably expecting the country to change overnight and refusing to give government a chance to fulfill it's promises.

There is nothing peaceful in continuing 'endsars' protest when government has already bowed to their demands by scrapping that unit of police force. That is pure irrationality.

Peaceful protest my foot. It reminds me of MASSOB and IPOB's fantasy that they can 'peacefully' divide Nigeria!

D link below is dated June 2019. U say d protesters didn't give d govt d chance to fulfill it's promise. Did d protesters come to hold buharis hand? How did their protests prevent buhari from doing his job? Is it d protesters that prevented buhari from implementing d SARS reform report since 2019?

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/06/03/committee-on-sars-reforms-submits-report-to-buhari/amp/

Seems u are disconnected from reality or u just chose to see d truth& ignore it. Let me help u. This is a Twitter link showing hired thugs with weapons moving freely in Lagos.

https://twitter.com/BusTrendz/status/1318583700666404871?s=20

Y didn't d security forces confront d thugs? Are the thugs now "peaceful"? Who was behind thugs attacking protesters in Benin, Lagos, Jos, osogbo and Abuja? Two days ago, protesters who camped outside d CBN headquarters in Abuja were attacked by thugs at 3am. Can u provide a logical explanation as to why they were attacked by thugs?

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Gorillabrain: 8:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
If u have gun carry it come out. We need freedom. Pls dont come out with empty handed pls.. Oya we move.

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
hammerP:

IF WE ARE FORCED OFF THE STREET, WE GO INTO SIT AT HOME NATIONWIDE.

WE MUST NOT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY, ELSE EVERY PROTEST GOING FORWARD WILL BE MET BY THE MILITARY.

THEY WILL FEEL THEY CAN QUASH THE PEOPLE.

THIS DID NOT WORK IN THE ARAB SPRING IN EGYPT, LIBYA, TUNISIA.

BLACKS ARE NOT THE WEAKEST PEOPLE ON THE PLANET, THE MILITRAY CANNOT KILL US ALL.

WE MUST SUSTAIN THIS MOVEMENT.

BRITAIN MUST LEAVE OUR COUNTRY AND RETURN TO THEIR ISLAND.

OUR LEADERS MUST NOT ONLY FEAR US, BUT ANSWER TO US.

ONLY WAY TO SAVE NIGERIA, IS WE MUST CONTINUE THE PROTEST NONSTOP.

we move ✌

3 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by ajl: 8:13pm On Oct 20, 2020
bolaayenimo:
The protesters should have left the moment the governor declared a curfew. When a government declares a curfew and the people resisted, that government Is as good as dead and invitation to anarchy. They have been tolerated enough for 13 days non-stop. Sanwo-Olu has tried. He declared the curfew as a last option

I could tell if someone is a government contractor or one benefiting from the rot in Nigeria. Sorry, the party is over.

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Lizzydonnah(f): 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2020
mrsteel:

Why it is bad to shoot at harmless protesters, they should also listen to the govt & adhere to the curfew by going home! They can regroup after d curfew!
So, killing them is the solution? If the government had listen to their demands they won't be there.

I really hope non of your relatives or friends are there.
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by kayjay69(m): 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2020
You are a useless person.
360degreess:
I knew it will lead to that. After SARS was disbanded, I said the protest should be stopped and we should wait to see what they govt will do afterwards. But some frustrated people on nairaland were attacking me. Miscreants are attacking and frustrating innocent citizens on the streets, raping women, stealing from people shops etc.. But some cowards are supporting them.
Now that the govt wants to deploy soldiers, I challenge all the noise make on nairaland to go and protest. Let's see if they will come back and type nonsense..

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by iTommysco: 8:15pm On Oct 20, 2020
Another place to be burnt tonight in lagos
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by gasparpisciotta: 8:15pm On Oct 20, 2020
eagleonearth:
lives not leave

Well done sir
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Ohizman73(m): 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2020
OLUROCKS:
curfew on who those who elected him right?? I'm in Ibadan and lives have been lost,if the government continues being stupid at handling this situation then they should expect the worst. A true Nigeria revolutionist

NOthing would happen,no worst anti SAP riot in benin years back was tougher than this people were shot blankpoint and they retreated cowardly. The govt no send you,people would die for nothing and life would go on as usual.its is the anguished that will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Do you know the meaning of curfew and its implication. was the curfew declared before was it not untill things went out of hand and hoodlums and criminals started unleashing terror on innocent Nigerians. You are busy shouting revolutionalist.Go and confront Tanks and armour cars.We keep on deceiving ourselves in this country about a so called revolution. we are the ones unleashing terror at ourselves. everybody would want to rule somalia ,rwanda,libya ,iraq are all childs play. We should be very careful these that witnessed the Nigerian civil war know what i mean. people just come out from the comfort of their homes and start shouting revolution. Give them a taste of power and see the mess they would create. them aisha yesufu and co ,children are in the best schools abroad, they have millions of dollars slashed in foreign banks. their passports have multiple visas ready to jakpa once hell is unleashed here in Nigeria . I want to ask you what worst you want to overthrow the govt or what. You should come out with a clear agenda on your so called worst. there is no clear agenda we are the problem of ourselves. until we start cleaning right from our homes and stop blaming govt.

3 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by superior1: 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2020
Neddstark:

Blood is on the heads of no one. The law said curfew, you said no. Whatever you receive, take it.

I hope one of your family takes it also

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by jaeybee98(m): 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2020
Neddstark:

Blood is on the heads of no one. The law said curfew, you said no. Whatever you receive, take it.
Are you so daft that you know nothing about the rules of engagement?? Using live munitions to dispersed unarmed citizens is itself a crime! Are there not other ways of dispersing crowds?

Why are we Nigerians like this gansef? Will you die if you acknowledge the govt was wrong in it's approach?

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by kayjay69(m): 8:17pm On Oct 20, 2020
Bros, it is too late for your preaching.

It is now or never, if we retreat we lose momentum and we gain nothing.

This government has no intention of reforming the police. This government has no intention of changing anything. But I don't put it on the present government alone, i am a student of history and I know the main problem is with how this country is structured.

The only solution to what is on ground is to restructure Nigeria. And that is what we all must press for.
ecolime:
Let me repeat myself again.

It's time to retreat.

You can regroup after the curfew has been called off. Don't put your family in agony.

BTW, Nigeria is not worth dying for. BE WISE!

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by fatymore(f): 8:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
The curfew has been extended till 9pm...why kill people..you should have at least arrest them instead of shooting.

Nigeria no be country aswear
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by kayjay69(m): 8:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
Forget the past, let us focus on the future and restructure the country in a bid not to end up with useless leaders that are not representatives of people's wishes.
einsteino:
We are in a military government! How on Earth did we make the mistake of voting this man in? How come even the governors are quiet as all these happen? The Hague needs to pick Buhari and his military chiefs once 2023 comes.
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Neddstark: 8:19pm On Oct 20, 2020
superior1:

I hope one of your family takes it also

We obey the law, we are not foolish. Please be at the tollgate to protest tomorrow. Infact I will credit your account if you do so.
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Mplify(m): 8:19pm On Oct 20, 2020
Everyone go to @djswitch_ live on instagram �
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by emexc11(m): 8:19pm On Oct 20, 2020
#BUHARIMUSTGO
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by mrsteel: 8:19pm On Oct 20, 2020
Angelfrost:

There are several nations where curfew is defied by protesters... There are specific rules of engagement of unarmed protesters! Learn them!!! You don't shoot live ammunitions at unarmed protesters!!! That's a crime!
If it requires govt to employ extreme measures to disperse protesters, they will do it! It is like that all over the world! Even in the USA. I have watched countless protests! The govt has declared 24 hours curfew, the right thing for protesters to do is to go home & adhere to the curfew. The govt is also trying to control the situation, so they should also help the govt. Let them go home & regroup after the curfew!

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by jaeybee98(m): 8:19pm On Oct 20, 2020
Neddstark:

Harmless protesters were told to stay at home. So wait a government has to right to make laws anymore? You dream of a new Nigeria is lawlessness right?
So, protesters deserved death because they violated the curfew order?

The curfew was shifted to 9pm, so why were they shooting before 9pm
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 20, 2020
einsteino:
We are in a military government! How on Earth did we make the mistake of voting this man in? How come even the governors are quiet as all these happen? The Hague needs to pick Buhari and his military chiefs once 2023 comes.
Idiot...ur docile brain will never let u understand international politics. Do u think Hague is bias or sentimental as u hallucinate? How on earth have u ever expect someone to tolerate ur nonsense, barbaric, violent, unfocused protest?
Govt has really given u enough patience. If millions die Hague won't act base on number but based on reasons and fact. Govt have tactically exposed u to the whole world, nobody will support the kind of protest u're doing. Govt accepted all ur demands, is trying to reform everything, allowed u to protest all these days but finally u turned it violent, killing police, robbing ppl, raping, freeing prisoners and lots of heinous crimes. who will believe the hoodlums are not protestors while they disguise among u?
Why the protest was never organised well?
Stop fantasising unrealistic dreams!

4 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by quineP(f): 8:20pm On Oct 20, 2020
bolaayenimo:
just shudifok up if you don’t have something meaningful to say so killing the protesters should be d result of disobeying the govt.... Can d govt even control d police?
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by jaeybee98(m): 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2020
Neddstark:

We obey the law, we are not foolish. Please be at the tollgate to protest tomorrow. Infact I will credit your account if you do so.
When was the curfew supposed to start?
When did they start shooting?
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by emperor863(m): 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
I smell revolution

God help us
Which revolution? Ordinary protest has failed.
Most of don't even know what a revolution means.

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Adakintroy: 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
gasparpisciotta:
A wise man once told me “He who fights and run away live to fight another day”

Modified

See brave people them don see gun them don loyal. Lol.
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by drtwist(m): 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
360degreess:
I knew it will lead to that. After SARS was disbanded, I said the protest should be stopped and we should wait to see what they govt will do afterwards. But some frustrated people on nairaland were attacking me. Miscreants are attacking and frustrating innocent citizens on the streets, raping women, stealing from people shops etc all in the name of protest. . But some cowards are supporting them.
Now that the govt wants to deploy soldiers, I challenge all the noise makers on nairaland to go and protest. Let's see if they will come back and type nonsense..
You are a fool
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Neddstark: 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
jaeybee98:
So, protesters deserved death because they violated the curfew order?

The curfew was shifted to 9pm, so why were they shooting before 9pm

They didn't deserve death.

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by GodwilldoitAmen: 8:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
Oh God,what kind of country did i find myself bayi

I weep for the lives that may have been lost cry cry cry
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by kayjay69(m): 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2020
Bros, I don't subscribe to your solution sorry.

This issue is not political, you are implicitly asking us to vote for PDP and I have said it severally on Nairaland and for all who care to listen, anyone who makes this about APC vs PDP is an enemy of Nigeria and as bad as Buhari and Tinubu.

You want me to vote for the other useless political party that is simply lying in wait to continue what the present party is busy doing. I am not dumb bro.

Nigeria's problems are structural and we must push for restructuring not some BS about voting for some candidate who is as useless as the present government (maybe to a lesser degree). We are tired of empty rhetoric, it is time for real change not incremental negligible gains.

iddonla:
i am in support of this protest.but its high time everyone go home..get their PVC and make a statement in 2023..

lets show this old heartless idiots that power truly belong to God and the youth....

Buhari has failed

All our past/present politicians have failed us

Tinubu has failed

Sanwo-olu has failed ( i now believe what ambode said that he has mental problem)..

at the end of the day na tinubu go suffer am pass , because his presidential ambition is dead on arrival..

i am a tinubu supporter between..before una label me tinubu / yoruba hater..

We can now see our enemies clearer, please my nigerian youths lets unite no matter our tribe , bad blood and political differences and make a statement..not for us alone, but for the future generation to come..
SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Basicend: 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2020
I thot they said " we die here"

Why are they running now. .?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) / When Abuja Policemen See A Senator That Just Collected #WardrobeAllowance(Pic) / General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.