Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters (77682 Views)

Hoodlums Fired Gunshots At Igboho’s House Before Setting It On Fire – Police / Gunshots At Dangote Refinery Ibeju-Lekki Protest (Video) / #endsars: Heavy Security At Aso Rock Gate As Thugs Besiege Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2020
Alas it is finished, 12 days of fun, but its all over.

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Neddstark: 8:23pm On Oct 20, 2020
jaeybee98:
When was the curfew supposed to start?
When did they start shooting?

The protests has achieved its aim. Time to retreat and go home. No surrender is suicidal

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by mrsteel: 8:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
Ohizman73:

NOthing would happen,no worst anti SAP riot in benin years back was tougher than this people were shot blankpoint and they retreated cowardly. The govt no send you,people would die for nothing and life would go on as usual.its is the anguished that will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Do you know the meaning of curfew and its implication. was the curfew declared before was it not untill things went out of hand and hoodlums and criminals started unleashing terror on innocent Nigerians. You are busy shouting revolutionalist.Go and confront Tanks and armour cars.We keep on deceiving ourselves in this country about a so called revolution. we are the ones unleashing terror at ourselves. everybody would want to rule somalia ,rwanda,libya ,iraq are all childs play. We should be very careful these that witnessed the Nigerian civil war know what i mean. people just come out from the comfort of their homes and start shouting revolution. Give them a taste of power and see the mess they would create. them aisha yesufu and co ,children are in the best schools abroad, they have millions of dollars slashed in foreign banks. their passports have multiple visas ready to jakpa once hell is unleashed here in Nigeria . I want to ask you what worst you want to overthrow the govt or what. You should come out with a clear agenda on your so called worst. there is no clear agenda we are the problem of ourselves. until we start cleaning right from our homes and stop blaming govt.
God bless u sir!
Properties are being destroyed on daily basis, imagine the number of police stations that were burnt down today & they want govt to fold hand. Truth is the protest is no longer peaceful, govt is trying to control the situation by declaring the curfew. If there was no protest, will hoodlums have the opportunity to destroy properties? They should go home & regroup in a peaceful form after d curfew.

4 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Eteka1(m): 8:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
Balenciagaokey:
The Protesters should retreat.. Go back and regroup..
Niger delta youths are coming..
Nigeria Army/police go shoot tire..
We are coming
noise maker!
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by iddonla: 8:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
kayjay69:
Bros, I don't subscribe to your solution sorry.

This issue is not political, you are implicitly asking us to vote for PDP and I have said it severally on Nairaland and for all who care to listen, anyone who makes this about APC vs PDP is an enemy of Nigeria and as bad as Buhari and Tinubu.

You want me to vote for the other useless political party that is simply lying in wait to continue what the present party is busy doing. I am not dumb bro.

Nigeria's problems are structural and we must push for restructuring not some BS about voting for some candidate who is as useless as the present government (maybe to a lesser degree). We are tired of empty rhetoric, it is time for real change not incremental negligible gains.

u get point sha..

am just angry

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
aminulive:
Eyewitness reports on Tuesday evening reveal that security agents have stormed the Lekki Toll gate to forcefully disperse #EndSARS Protesters.

Several gunshots were heard as the protesters scampered to safety. Nollywood actress, Omoni Oboli has also confirmed the incident.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Omonioboli/status/1318609165418401794

Buhari will end up like Charles Taylor, Muhammed Gaddafi, Idi Ami, Lauren Gbagbo and that former Dictator of Sudan. Although he is a worse and unintelligent dictator. The lifeless man will surely regret deploying soldiers for mass killings of harmless youth protesters.

Revolution is now!

#EndSWAT

#BuhariMustGo
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by AristocraticMe: 8:27pm On Oct 20, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
I smell revolution

God help us
go and clean your nose with dettol........it is smelling false....
A Revolution cannot take place without a sponsor, a leader and a definite cause

3 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Eberex(m): 8:27pm On Oct 20, 2020
360degreess:
I knew it will lead to that. After SARS was disbanded, I said the protest should be stopped and we should wait to see what they govt will do afterwards. But some frustrated people on nairaland were attacking me. Miscreants are attacking and frustrating innocent citizens on the streets, raping women, stealing from people shops etc all in the name of protest. . But some cowards are supporting them.
Now that the govt wants to deploy soldiers, I challenge all the noise makers on nairaland to go and protest. Let's see if they will come back and type nonsense..

Trash
Trash
Trash

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by DBestDoc(f): 8:27pm On Oct 20, 2020
Patriotic9ja:

Good for you. Since poverty has become your family heritage, you want to burn down the country. Just like the biblical woman that wanted the baby divided. If your sense couldn't make you successful, then you are actually senseless

A thief will always be a thief. You justifying evil , evil will never depart from your household.

You think everyone standing up for justice and sanity is poor?typical reasoning of a common thief.

unlike you, hard work and diligence brought me to where I am right now. How do you earn your living again? Your generation will suffer for the comments you made in this platform justifying the killing of innocent Nigerians that are tired of bad leaders and rogues like you.

Get ready, it will be game over soon.

3 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by jaeybee98(m): 8:27pm On Oct 20, 2020
Neddstark:

They didn't deserve death. Please stop putting your lives at risk on one stupid revolution that has no head. 2023 is coming soon. Make your change with it. Enough of this nonsense
Don't pretend like it a revolution. No one is putting their lives at risk by staying outside even when the curfew hasn't commenced. Shootings started before 8pm. Waiting till 2023 is a big risk we're not willing to take, if they can't hear us now, then they probably never will.

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by ecolime(m): 8:28pm On Oct 20, 2020
kayjay69:
Bros, it is too late for your preaching.

It is now or never, if we retreat we lose momentum and we gain nothing.

This government has no intention of reforming the police. This government has no intention of changing anything. But I don't put it on the present government alone, i am a student of history and I know the main problem is with how this country is structured.

The only solution to what is on ground is to restructure Nigeria. And that is what we all must press for.
Sir, na who dey alive fit restructure oo.

What these protests have thought me is that the Youths are more powerful when united.

It's now time to channel this positive energy into a good democratic change come 2023. We can vote out all these corrupt old cargoes and vote in sound and youthful minds in.

Best way to effect a change in Democracy is when people of like minds are in power.

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Queseda: 8:28pm On Oct 20, 2020
Maxymilliano:
If you are seeing this and you are still planning to vote for this same party in 2023 you won't see 2023 in Jesus name, they removed cameras opened fire on people like this,this is the height of irresponsibility.
We are not voting PDP too, we need a new force to turn things around

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
aminulive:
Eyewitness reports on Tuesday evening reveal that secur.ity agents have stormed the Lekki Toll gate to forcefully disperse #EndSARS Protesters.

Several gunshots were heard as the protesters scampered to safety. Nollywood actress, Omoni Oboli has also confirmed the incident.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Omonioboli/status/1318609165418401794

Buhari will end up like Charles Taylor, Muhammed Gaddafi, Idi Ami, Lauren Gbagbo and that former Dictator of Sudan. Although he is a worse and unintelligent dictator. The lifeless man will surely regret deploying soldiers for mass killings of harmless youth protesters.

Revol.ution is now!

#EndSWAT

#Bu.hariMustGo

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Jfix(m): 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
BIG ACHIEVEMENT TO BUHARI, BUHARIST, AND THEIR SUPPORTERS BECAUSE KILLING IS WHAT GIVES THEM ORGASMS

buhari supporters are very Happy that buhari is killing harmless people, saying they disobey govt(demons) orders
Men are indeed EVIL
#ENDSARZ
#BuharimustGO
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by citygarden(m): 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
Why is every government treating us like animal. That’s why the west called us black monkey. Even this year during this covid 19. Citizens protest in USA, even damaging government properties, looting of mall etc. the government didn’t order the military to be killing them. People supporting the killing of the protesters are evil in human skin. Why will you support the killing of your fellow human, when they are on course to safe the country for presents and future generations.

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by jaeybee98(m): 8:30pm On Oct 20, 2020
mrsteel:

God bless u sir!
Properties are being destroyed on daily basis, imagine the number of police stations that were burnt down today & they want govt to fold hand. Truth is the protest is no longer peaceful, govt is trying to control the situation by declaring the curfew. If there was no protest, will hoodlums have the opportunity to destroy properties? They should go home & regroup in a peaceful form after d curfew.
Now sincerely ooo, was the solution to the aforementioned firing of live munitions before the said curfew commenced?

For all i care, the govt has been sponsoring hoodlums to hijack the protests. There's a video making trending where hoodlums arrived in a prado jeep alongside men in suit. Even a toddler knows the vandals are state sponsored

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by mrsteel: 8:31pm On Oct 20, 2020
Lizzydonnah:

So, killing them is the solution? If the government had listen to their demands they won't be there.

I really hope non of your relatives or friends are there.
What demand??
The govt has disbanded SARS, wasn't that the primary aim of the protest? They should at least give govt time to effect it. If u still think the protest is still peaceful with the number of police stations burnt down today across d federation, it means u are not honest with yourself. The curfew is very necessary to enable govt control d situation & weed out d hoodlums. & govt will resist anyone that tries to resist govt order with any means possible. It is like that all over d world. They should go home & regroup after d curfew!

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by maasoap(m): 8:31pm On Oct 20, 2020
superior1:
Bloods on Buhari and Tinubu's head

You days are numbered.

RevolutionNow

Internet warrior. You should go on street now, to physically support the mumus on ground chopping live bullets. Who defy the curfew? Foolish people do

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Neddstark: 8:32pm On Oct 20, 2020
jaeybee98:
Don't pretend like it a revolution. No one is putting their lives at risk by staying outside even when the curfew hasn't commenced. Shootings started before 8pm. Waiting till 2023 is a big risk we're not willing to take, if they can't hear us now, then they probably never will.

Ok join the blockade protests tomorrow at the tollgate. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by jaeybee98(m): 8:32pm On Oct 20, 2020
Neddstark:

The protests has achieved its aim. Time to retreat and go home. No surrender is suicidal
No it hasn't. Only SARS has been disbanded. The protesters were clamouring for 5 things.
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Kaylexzy(m): 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
bolaayenimo:
The protesters should have left the moment the governor declared a curfew. When a government declares a curfew and the people resisted, that government Is as good as dead and invitation to anarchy. They have been tolerated enough for 13 days non-stop. Sanwo-Olu has tried. He declared the curfew as a last option

You have no valid argument sir. Last I checked, the governor declared the curfew to start by 9pm. People were being massacred as at 7pm for doing nothing.
Btw, even if you think killing peaceful protesters for disobeying curfew is justified, I think you need to start reevaluating how you view life.

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Flier: 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
Nice one Nigerian Army! We warned you guys to suspend it
We started it together but sensible ones asked for suspension to allow the government to implement the change sadly you guys refused and started blocking the road thereby deprived common man of means of livelihood
Next time you will listen

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Emoney07: 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
Why
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by gidgiddy: 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
Some of the Nigerians who were indifferent or rejoiced when it was unarmed IPOB and Shiites being shot and killed have suddenly realised that the shooting of unarmed protesters, no matter what what they are protesting for, is a bad thing

So unfortunate that it had to come to this for some to realise that injustice to one is injustice to all

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
DJ Switch is dead ooo OMG!
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by jaeybee98(m): 8:34pm On Oct 20, 2020
Neddstark:

Ok join the blockade protests tomorrow at the tollgate. Goodluck
Thank you.
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by maasoap(m): 8:34pm On Oct 20, 2020
einsteino:
We are in a military government! How on Earth did we make the mistake of voting this man in? How come even the governors are quiet as all these happen? The Hague needs to pick Buhari and his military chiefs once 2023 comes.

Because people at the Hague are blind to atrocities being committed by the protesters which led to this? The moment you started attacking government institutions, you lost all the international support
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Warlord2014(m): 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
I need guns...it has gotten to the point to fight back.
Please i need gun and amunition
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Jfix(m): 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
Characteristics of BUHARIST
They love it when Nigerians are killed
Dead Nigerians gives them orgasms
jaeybee98:
Now sincerely ooo, was the solution to the aforementioned firing of live munitions before the said curfew commenced?

For all i care, the govt has been sponsoring hoodlums to hijack the protests. There's a video making trending where hoodlums arrived in a prado jeep alongside men in suit. Even a toddler knows the vandals are state sponsored
Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by kaymart: 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
iddonla:
i am in support of this protest.but its high time everyone go home..get their PVC and make a statement in 2023..

lets show this old heartless idiots that power truly belong to God and the youth....

Buhari has failed

All our past/present politicians have failed us

Tinubu has failed

Sanwo-olu has failed ( i now believe what ambode said that he has mental problem)..

at the end of the day na tinubu go suffer am pass , because his presidential ambition is dead on arrival..

i am a tinubu supporter between..before una label me tinubu / yoruba hater..

We can now see our enemies clearer, please my nigerian youths lets unite no matter our tribe , bad blood and political differences and make a statement..not for us alone, but for the future generation to come..
SHALOM
unfortunately, votes don't count in this part of the world

1 Like

Re: Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters by Eteka1(m): 8:36pm On Oct 20, 2020
ChiefS:
The national assembly should intervene and begin impeachment processes against Buhari immediately
you de craze!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) / When Abuja Policemen See A Senator That Just Collected #WardrobeAllowance(Pic) / General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.