Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,209 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:18 PM

Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet (38741 Views)

Sanwo-Olu: I Never Sent Thugs To Attack #EndSARS Protesters / Sanwo-Olu: I Once Worked As A Plumber 30 Years Ago / Phil Hazlewood: Trump Wouldn't Have Called Buhari 'Lifeless' If... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
Rodwave:

They should return security to state government. No state should rely on Abuja approval to secure his state.

This Nigerian current system is counter productive

It's so primitive to still be operating a system where the state governor is only a ceremonial chief security officer of the state but have zero powers or authority over the security apparatus of his state such as the NPF.

A governor that has no powers over the commissioner of police in his own state?

A governor that can't fire erring security personnels in his own state?

When a local government chairman known as Mayor's here in united State's are the one's that hire and fire a police commissioner not even the governor nor the president?

Honestly, Nigeria is still operating on an outdated OS and needs serious reformatting (aggressive restructuring).

Imagine a governor calling on a president to inform him on what's going on in his state and the president is not available and can't even return the call?

This is so shameful.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by vivilafrosh(f): 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2020
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

I wish the youths will keep their emotions and sentiments aside and start asking themselves some critical questions concerning what is happening down south. For my safety I can't say much.

But ask yourself this question.

Why was Tinubu accused of Alpha Beta fraud few days before the protests ?

Why did THEY accused Tinubu of sponsoring the protests at the early stages of the protests ?

How come Tinubu was Single out as the main person behind the leki shooting even HE doesn't have any Powers to Give the Nigerian Army Oders ?

How come most of the properties destroyed in Lagos are owned by tinubu or his allies ?

Tinubu is the Only southerner that currently have the political masterpiece to bring power to the south come 2023 and now with the help of some southern idiots they want to bring him down first.

Make u try think oo

So you think without this mayhem any write thinking southerner will vote tinubu. Think before u look for who go join u think
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by 8x324: 6:21pm On Oct 22, 2020
[s]
ILoveDemMANNA:

Exactly my point.
May God help us in this nation.
It will end well for us all at the end.
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Emoney07: 6:27pm On Oct 22, 2020
Who caress
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 22, 2020
amaridigital:

Why is it always convenient for you guys to accuse south west leaders and point fingers at them why? Don't you have corrupt leaders in your region? Is your region developed? Enough of this bullshit man. The South west people will not continue to attack our leaders while you protect yours.
Always remember to extend all attack on any SW leaders to Peter Obi, Ogbonuya Onu, Amaechi, Kalu and Atiku also. Stop the finger pointing now and if you must point fingers, start from other regions or else the spirit of Oduduwa will be invoked against you and your people Nonsense.

What do you call a man who expose and speak against his tribesmen for their attrocities? I'm waiting...
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Ajenikoko89: 6:28pm On Oct 22, 2020
FEC meeting was held yesterday and you called the president twice he wasnt in the office meaning that no issue of the shooting was discussed at the FEC meetings
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Freebills12: 6:29pm On Oct 22, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
festacman:
Conscience is an open wound, until truth can heal it.

I am beginning to believe that the use of soldiers instead of riot policemen to disperse protesters who were disobeying lawful curfew at Lekki Tollgate may be wrong but the impression that masaccre and genocide happened was a big lie. There is no way trained soldiers would have shot directly at scampering protesters without the Lekki Tollgate being littered with corpses. Yes, the soldiers used maximum force but they obviously shot to scare and disperse and not to masaccre as emotional social media hype conveyed.

Truth will set you free and it doesn't matter if you are rightly an angry youth. I haven't seen any evidence that somebody died at the Tollgate the night of 20.10.20 to warrant the hype of massacre or genocide.

29.10.20 was neither a massacre nor a genocide but an unnecessary use of military rather than riot police to disperse resolute protesters.

MR TRUTH I PRAY THAT YOU WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE WHAT THESE YOUTHS AT LEKKI EXPERIENCED. THOSE THE GOVERNOR VISITED AT THE HOSPITAL NA MOSQUITO BITE THEM. FOOLISHNESS IS WHEN YOU SEE WHITE AND CALL IT BLACK. AS FOR THE CORPSES SOLDIERS NORMALLY TOOK AWAY THEIR BODIES IPOB MEMBERS IS AN EXAMPLE. THEY WILL NEVER LEAVE AN EVIDENCE TO BE USED AGAINST THEM.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Chidecmail: 6:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
festacman:

I am beginning to believe that the use of soldiers instead of riot policemen to disperse protesters who were disobeying lawful curfew at Lekki Tollgate may be wrong but the impression that masaccre and genocide happened was a big lie. There is no way trained soldiers would have shot directly at scampering protesters without the Lekki Tollgate being littered with corpses. Yes, the soldiers used maximum force but they obviously shot to scare and disperse and not to masaccre as emotional social media hype conveyed.

Truth will set you free and it doesn't matter if you are rightly an angry youth. I haven't seen any evidence that somebody died at the Tollgate the night of 20.10.20 to warrant the hype of massacre or genocide.

29.10.20 was neither a massacre nor a genocide but an unnecessary use of military rather than riot police to disperse resolute protesters.
I urge all enlightened mind to ask this paid Fulani political clown who him and his paid masters are afraid of the unity within the south some important questions?
1) is it the duty of the Army to chase protesters?
2) what happened to the light that night?
3) why will the Nigerian army shoot at people holding the Nigerian flag.
4) how come your quick to defend the government from what you heard on their interviews but so lazy to watch the facebook live events that happened on the toll gate that night.
5) since you are quick defending the government you might as well tell us who deployed the thugs that were attacking the peaceful protesters .
Am You talked about conscience, are you sure you have any?
Mr the south is united now the era of divid and rule is over
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by BabaO2: 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
State emergency loading unfortunately. Confidently speaking sanwoolu is the best governor so far in Yoruba nation after Fashola. There is already conspiracy of discrediting him and Tinubu in 2023 against PDP's candidate ambode. Ambode is a failure like Jonathan, it will never work.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by 8x324: 6:32pm On Oct 22, 2020
[s]
ILoveDemMANNA:
I say a BIG AMEN to that o
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by stanliwise(m): 6:33pm On Oct 22, 2020
festacman:

Nobody will blackmail anybody for looking for a missing family member who was at Lekki on 20.10.20 night.
Please don’t be naive. The perpetrators are ready to clean the house if it happens that there are evidence. And as we know it, killing of anyone is not anything hard for criminal minded people in Nigeria.

Moreso don’t go around saying there was no killing. You don’t understand the grand plan. Neither were you live on ground at the moment. So don’t start being sympathetic even if you will not take side with the protesters

Please answer this question.
Where did the soldier come from?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by 8x324: 6:36pm On Oct 22, 2020
[s]
ILoveDemMANNA:
I say a BIG AMEN to that o
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by festacman(m): 6:37pm On Oct 22, 2020
Chidecmail:

I urge all enlightened mind to ask this paid Fulani political clown who him and his paid masters are afraid of the unity within the south some important questions?
1) is it the duty of the Army to chase protesters?
2) what happened to the light that night?
3) why will the Nigerian army shoot at people holding the Nigerian flag.
4) how come your quick to defend the government from what you heard on their interviews but so lazy to watch the facebook live events that happened on the toll gate that night.
5) since you are quick defending the government you might as well tell us who deployed the thugs that were attacking the peaceful protesters .
Am You talked about conscience, are you sure you have any?
Mr the south is united now the era of divid and rule is over

I put it to you that nobody died at Lekki Tollgate on the night of 02.10.20 to warrant the massacre and genocide alarm. I haven't seen any evidence yet.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by jpworld(m): 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2020
festacman:

Thank you.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by 8x324: 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2020
[s]
ILoveDemMANNA:

A woman with brain.
You are a very wise person.
I like people that see the truth and not afraid to say it
We are not saying the Army were right, but lies to burn down the country is what we are against as youths.
Look at how many destructions the fake news from Lekki has caused already. So sad.

Exactly my point.
May God help us in this nation.
It will end well for us all at the end.

More.....

Even if it was just one (1) youth that was killed
It is a very BIG issue for some of us with brains and souls,
If it was 7 youths as it was reported by the genuine protesters at Lekki, it is still so sad,
and if it was 78 youths as it was circulated all over social media,
We deserve to know the whole truth as a nation.
So we can know how to table our matter to the international community.
We want to know what is true and what are lies.
We don't need some people fueling fake news on this heated country now.
We are not fighting against Nigeria,
We are fighting for Nigeria.
#IStandWithTheTruth

Read more with screenshots of fake news below...

https://www.nairaland.com/6197905/police-army-arrive-ikoyi-prison#95206617
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by 8x324: 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2020
[s]
SilverNorGold:

My brother, tbh, the attack is quite unfortunate, I must confess. But wetin man go do? I have no power to effect anything on this Forum. Only thing I can do is to pray that God should arrest the online mischief makers, like He arrested Saul. Make them become good citizens and also make them "fishers of men".. And I trust God will make it possible.

God go help us o.. cheesy
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by 8x324: 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2020
[s]
ILoveDemMANNA:
That is his own cup of tea!
Simple.
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by 8x324: 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2020
[s]
ILoveDemMANNA:
you are absolutely right too. There is something going on underground that will come out soon
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by 8x324: 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2020
[s]
ILoveDemMANNA:

To buttress what you typed.
Check my post and Madrid's post on this thread...
You can add it to your post here...
Including the screenshots

https://www.nairaland.com/6197905/police-army-arrive-ikoyi-prison#95206617
[/s]
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Rodwave: 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
byrron:

It's so primitive to still be operating a system where the state governor is only a ceremonial chief security officer of the state but have zero powers or authority over the security apparatus of his state such as the NPF.

A governor that has no powers over the commissioner of police in his own state?

A governor that can't fire erring security personnels in his own state?

When a local government chairman known as Mayor's here in united State's are the one's that hire and fire a police commissioner not even the governor nor the president?

Honestly, Nigeria is still operating on an outdated OS and needs serious reformatting (aggressive restructuring).

Imagine a governor calling on a president to inform him on what's going on in his state and the president is not available and can't even return the call?

This is so shameful.

Seriously, this is saddening
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by ZenoHobbes: 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2020
festacman:

I put it to you that nobody died at Lekki Tollgate on the night of 02.10.20 to warrant the massacre and genocide alarm. I haven't seen any evidence yet.
Check this to confirm whether you would still hold the same view after watching. https://www.notion.so/Lekki-Toll-Gate-Broadcast-c44965157b7b4b99a1c4942fd6f731fe
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by realstars: 7:17pm On Oct 22, 2020
adenigga:

But why are you people disturbing yourself?

Bubu have said it from the beginning of his tenure that........
Let Him Stay, There Is Fire In The Country.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Topshow2010(m): 8:02pm On Oct 22, 2020
I really felt for Sanwolu with his position as d governor ,I knew there were a lot more to the shooting by d zombies at Lekki ;he was just a pawn dt was used by d oppressor considering his disposition towards the protest b4 d unfortunate and tragic incidents.Posterity will surely beckons on us one day or someday.
Honestly ,this is d opportunity for the governor's forum especially d Southwest to call for genuine restructuring where security shud be totally decentralized.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by phantom24: 9:35pm On Oct 22, 2020
festacman:

an intelligent&foolish statement!
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by tjhinal: 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
Is a welcome development, Lagos state governor lead the protest, so he is ripping what he saw. Let Igbo people burn down the entire Lagos, its entirely their on problem. Keep it up, continue burning the state since their governor supported the protest.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by Oksman(m): 11:32pm On Oct 22, 2020
slimanyd:

Audio president. Nah El Sudan dey Abuja. The cabal's dey protect him.
Ask yourself this question. Since OBJ Got elected since 1999 as a president ,Have there ever been the acronym called presidency . Nah during bubu the fura I heard Presidency has spoken . Abegi o. Is presidency not different from president ni ? Now imagine a governor powerless in his state.

This is terrible.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by idahme(m): 1:38am On Oct 23, 2020
festacman:

20.10.20 was neither a massacre nor a genocide but an unnecessary use of military rather than riot police to disperse resolute protesters.

Please get the story right, did you watch the interview? I did, the protesters did not disobey any curfew as at the tiime of event. The curfew was 9pm according to the Governor while the massacre happened as from 7pm. He even said the plan was for Secuirity men to go into town by 10 to 11pm to enforce the curfew. There was no reason ,absolutely no reason to warrant that act of cowardice from the Nigerian military.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by holaruc(m): 7:05am On Oct 23, 2020
[quote author=Baawaa post=95 Na the presidency go they pick your call, them no go allow president talk.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by CaptainMitch: 7:00pm On Oct 23, 2020
You believe that the Army killed no one at Lekki toll gate??
pocohantas:

Succinctly put!! Even I would kill enough with a gun, let alone trained military men.

Have people died for this cause? Yes

Did they die at Lekki tollgate? Maybe

Were they killed directly by soldiers shooting? Most likely no. They scampered, there must have been stampede, injuries- but don’t fucking tell me soldiers shot at you DIRECTLY and you still knew were your iPhone was to do IG Live.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by omenka(m): 7:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
pocohantas:

Of course it is sad that it got to that and no sane human supports the act. However, I won’t be blackmailed into the circulation of false news, as infodemic causes more harm than good. Look at how things have escalated in few days.
You and Ishilove will always have my respect.

More than SARS, misinformation, half truths, deception, deceit, and fake news could cost dearly. The proponents of the ongoing carnage want to coerce or blackmail those who dare to separate substance from chaff into towing their own tunnel path. Sadly, I'm hardly ever swayed by those flimsy emotional blackmail.

Imagine someone coming here to say no harm has really been done as whatever property that has been destroyed by the "protesters" can always be rebuilt and gave an instance of the WTC which was bombed on 9/11.

As the same fella if he would encourage samenin his state or region knowing whatever they destroy can can rebuilt and you'd get an endless tirade that hardly answers the simple.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu: I Called Buhari Twice, But I Have Not Spoken To Him Yet by ambu2: 1:58pm On Mar 31, 2021
Necessary throw-back as US disagrees with #Lekkimassacre

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Asset Declaration: Buhari Can No Longer Pretend To Be Poor – Balarabe Musa / Peter Obi Disowns Obidients Who Insult Pastor Adeboye, Others / Olisa Metuh Willing To Return N400m To FG – Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.