Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians (65828 Views)

Ambode: Jide Sanwo-olu Is A Criminal And Mentally Unstable To Govern Lagos / Yemi Osinbajo Meets Jide Sanwo-Olu (Photo) / Meet Jide Sanwo-Olu: Biography, Governorship APC Lagos State Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Vivian16: 9:11am On Oct 23, 2020
God bless you my governor by the grace of God Lagos will be restored gloriously.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 23, 2020
baby124:

You are not Yoruba. You had to take time to interpret what I wrote and then come back with a simple Yoruba phrase grin cheesy. Fake[b] paid agent[/b]

Yes my real name is Idrissu and I am from Daura. I just left PMB's home in Daura after his nephew paid me my monthly BMC stipend. Olodo Oshi. Odoyo.

It is Yorubas like you that will sell us out. Mumu. Omo ale ati omo ako ti ile ta papo.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 23, 2020
Amanda4life:

IF U HAD LOST SOMEBODY DURING THE PROTEST, I THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT BURIAL NOW. U WILL NOT EVEN BE 8N NAIRALAND TO READ COMMENT

SO, WATCH WHAT U SAY , BECAUSE PEOPLE LOST LIVES AND PROPERTIES.

SO ALLOW THEM TO GRIEVE

But you are on Nairaland yourself, did you lose someone or not?
People have been dying before now, does that mean the world should end?

Are you willing to follow the dead to the grave? Are you an abobaku? Let peace be restored and those who lost, grieve in peace.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by shagarinews: 9:19am On Oct 23, 2020
Governor Sanwo-Olu, you tried your best but your political father Tinubu will loose Lagos come 2023 because he has failed the entire people of Lagos.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by PDSI(m): 9:21am On Oct 23, 2020
Pr0cter:

Shut up your mouth. Which apology. Who ordered the lights to go off in the lekki toll gate? Who sent those army? He's part of them and a bastard. He is saying all this to try secure his second term ticket. Do you know the number of lives lost in Lekki. You typed this rubbish because you have no family lost during the protest. Sanwo olu must go, inclusive of all old politicians.

Sanwo Olu is the scapegoat na... Why didn't you direct these questions to the lifeless being in Aso rock why Or you believe because he didn't address it yesterday makes him a saint. It's now sanwo Olu must go not Buhari must go it's obvious where your hatred is coming from. MASSOB asked every one to absolve Peter Obi of blame on the activities of SARS under his watch as Governor and a lot of you applauded it. Your intentions are known. You can't hide any longer. Buhari is there una no get mouth yab am na... I don't blame you shebi it's sanwo Olu I blame if he behaved half the way Buhari behaved it's obvious you guys would have exalted him... Your hatred for him is seen...

Yoruba will say when the offender already knows his sin, he won't kneel for long...

2 Likes

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 23, 2020
Oshigun:

Shut up!!!! What murder did Sanwo Olu commit? What order did he give for the killing of Lagosians? Go and tell same to the Governor of your State of origin and get the hell out of here.

We want peace in Lagos. We want law and order to return so law abiding citizens can go about their business. Mistake have been made. Sanwo Olu's action are a big step in the right direction. Now take your frustration and blood lust to your State of origin. Stop causing problems for Lagos!!! Enough!!!!

Yes, law and order must return. Anyone who says NO to that must be crushed. Completely.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by PDSI(m): 9:26am On Oct 23, 2020
victorazyvictor:

Shown true leadership by opening door for killers to kill his people he was sworn in to protect?

You can't eat your cake and have it.

If you know how hard it's for a leader to apologize for something not entirely his fault you will know the angle I am commenting from. He could have acted like Buhari and nothing would have happened. How many politicians have you seen apologizing Don't be beclouded by your sentiment the Presidency too as a hand in it. But I can see you have exonerated him of any blame. It's okay.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 23, 2020
gracegrace668:

But you are on Nairaland yourself, did you lose someone or not?
People have been dying before now, does that mean the world should end?

Are you willing to follow the dead to the grave? Are you an abobaku? Let peace be restored and those who lost, grieve in peace.

Thank you. Truth is that some of these people are just evil saboteurs who want death and chaos to continue so total anarchy is achieved.

Below is a post from me earlier. It is the truth I dare anyone to refute. Especially those talking about Lekki toll gate "massacre" and making claims Sanwo Olu removed CCTV camera to "prepare for the massacre" he orderd the Nigerian army to carry out on Lagosians.

How did I find out all the fact stated below? Simple. I love Lagos genuinely and don't want her destroyed. Information is power and I made the effort to get informed so I don't worsen things for the leadership of Lagos that may genuinely be innocent of blame and culpability.

Others who never did that and still continue, till now, producing fake news and malicious propaganda are the real enemies of peace and progress.

You guys are just irresponsible and dangerous mischief-makers. You're the one not using your brain or deliberately trying to misinform others.

Sanwo Olu said two died but he did not say the army shot them. His central point still stands and remains validated. I.e no army "massacre" of protestors took place at Lekki toll gate as people like you people deliberately lied to the world was the case thereby causing chaos for Lagos.

Two, and very important, Sanwo Olu revealed that CCTV cameras were not removed as you liars claimed. It was laser cameras that read number plates that were removed because the operators of the very expensive laser cameras advised him to do so as they did not want them damaged.

Sanwo Olu confirmed CCTV camera were in place filming throughout and that he is ready to make the recording of events available to any judicial or investigative panel anytime and anyday to prove the Army did not "massacre" Lagosians

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Celebsnews2: 9:27am On Oct 23, 2020
This man has tried his best. I won't lie

Meanwhile, ApostleJohnson Suleman and Bishop Oyedepo warn Buhari against deployment of Soldiers on protesters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HyunC_dht0
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Rhapsodia: 9:29am On Oct 23, 2020
Yebosola:

Useless stroll ,una don start,your plan will never work against Yoruba nation,must u mention Tinubu again?is he the only Governor that godfather nominated?

I am happy u have accepted the fact that, nobody can become anything in Lagos state until u lick TINUBU's ass grin
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by victorazyvictor(m): 9:32am On Oct 23, 2020
PDSI:

If you know how hard it's for a leader to apologize for something not entirely his fault you will know the angle I am commenting from. He could have acted like Buhari and nothing would have happened. How many politicians have you seen apologizing Don't be beclouded by your sentiment the Presidency too as a hand in it. But I can see you have exonerated him of any blame. It's okay.

My brother, am not exonerating anybody.

Governor is the chief security officer of a state, nothing happens without his consent.

Didn't you see how Wike acted during election when FG intruded Rivers State with soldiers just to intimidate them and rig the election? he conspicuously rejected it.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 23, 2020
PDSI:

Thank you. A progressive mind. Little known, because people care less for that sort of info, is that Sanwo Olu ensured CCTV cameras recorded all the events of Tuesday night at Lekki toll gate. Who does that but a man pure in thought and deeds?

He has declared readiness to provide the recordings to any judicial or investigative authority be it ICC, UN, ECOWAS or the Nigerian Senate.

The troublemakers have no use for this vital and gamechanging info because they only wish to push the fake propaganda that Sanwo Olu deliberately ordered the removal of CCTV prior the army commiting the massacre Sanwo Olu ordered them to carry out.

Some Nigerians are very wicked and evil.

1 Like

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 23, 2020
Forumer see for yourselves . Let us shame the demons and devils who want deaths and chaos to continue. Let us shame the purveyors of fake new and malicious propaganda who want looting of the businesses of hardworking Lagosians to continue.

Let us unite to disgrace those who lie so misguided and frustrated young people can continue being used as tools of death, chaos and mayhem by people with their own dark agenda.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-lekki-shootings-cctv-footage-available-says-sanwo-olu/%3famp=1

Lekki shootings: CCTV footage available, says Sanwo-Olu
Published October 22, 2020

Sodiq Oyeleke

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has said that security cameras captured the shootings of #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate.

He said the footage would be submitted to the judicial panel on police brutality, extra-judicial killings, and extortion.

The governor said this during a live programme on ARISE TV on Thursday.

He said this when asked why the cameras capturing the protest was removed before the shootings of #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate.

In his response, he noted that the CCTV cameras have footage of what happened during the protests.

Sanwo-Olu also explained that the footage would be given to experts to analyse.

He said, “I will just speak up the truth on what actually happened. There is security personnel of The Lekki Concession Company on the ground.

I had called the Managing Director that night when I saw the pictures. What he said to me is that because of the curfew that has been announced, they took a decision that they will take out installations that are critical to them. The camera that you saw is not a security camera or a motion camera. The camera is a laser camera for vehicles. It picks the tag on cars and number plates.

“It is not a camera for human beings. It is an infrared camera that just picks the tag on the vehicles. Security cameras for the plaza are still available. These are some of the footage that we are going to use for our investigation. Security cameras are installed on top of towers and they are there because I have seen them. Nobody can touch the security camera.

“These are things that we can leave open for citizens to come and verify when the panel of inquiries start. We will adopt this as evidence so that experts can come and review what kind of camera are those shown at the footage.”

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 23, 2020
soojar:

So, what should people do? continue burning banks, tv stations and shops including looting and destroying the livelihood of law abiding citizens?
No. That should and has stopped completely. Now kindly explain what the soldiers were doing at lekki where they were peaceful but none showed up where hoodlums were looting and stealing. Also explain to me why Buhari didn't mention anything about lekki since you are so keen on defending a useless govt
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 23, 2020
Alexis11:

Ok. Tell us the next line of action then.
Good question. Let the fed govt explain why soldiers were deployed to lekki where there was peace and none was deployed to places were there was looting and destruction. Also tell me why the president didn't mention anything about lekki in his speech. If you must support a useless govt then do so with sense and not blindness
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by phccars: 9:49am On Oct 23, 2020
I know a better new Lagos is on the unfolding already. Every Lagosian knows now they have to work to secure it and make it prosperous, no one will except the Lagosians. Am sure both the elites and the masses are in sync now... I hope other states can learn from this and begin to work and not to depend on the FG...
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by amaridigital(m): 9:50am On Oct 23, 2020
2mch:

Baba setup. They used him to kill his own people and ran away. Cowards. Couldn’t even address the situation and resort to telling shameless and obnoxious lies. Even his boss ran and left him to his mess. He should realize that governing Lagos is his sole responsibility and he should not be taking directions from anybody. Even his boss’s son used him as scapegoat and ran away.

They used him to kill his own people? Please let us put an end to all these lies for the God sake. Lies from social media will further destroy us. I'm sure more people died in Ibadan on Tuesday than at lekki toll gate. Let us get our facts right. How will a civilian governor order the military to start killing his people? Are we saying past and present governors should be held responsible for every extra judicial killings by security forces they are not in control? I'm disappointed few Yorubas are buying these stupid narratives. Yoruba people must rise to protect their land from these vultures pretending as friends.
Of all the places, people and properties attacked all over the nation since, Buhari singled out the attack on the throne of the Oba of Lagos whom he called a peace maker. Yoruba people must investigate the sponsors of that attack and THERE MUST BE FAR REACHING CONSEQUENCE ACROSS YORUBA LAND.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 23, 2020
Oshigun:

Thank you. Truth is that some of these people are just evil saboteurs who want death and chaos to continue so total anarchy is achieved.

People are ever ready to fan the flames of war, especially when they think they and their family will be safe. I doubt that poster is in Lagos.

The hope they seek in the looters and arsonists is merely a mirage. Imagine being in a state of mourning and calling for more blood of the innocent.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Pr0cter: 9:52am On Oct 23, 2020
PDSI:

Sanwo Olu is the scapegoat na... Why didn't you direct these questions to the lifeless being in Aso rock why Or you believe because he didn't address it yesterday makes him a saint. It's now sanwo Olu must go not Buhari must go it's obvious where your hatred is coming from. MASSOB asked every one to absolve Peter Obi of blame on the activities of SARS under his watch as Governor and a lot of you applauded it. Your intentions are known. You can't hide any longer. Buhari is there una no get mouth yab am na... I don't blame you shebi it's sanwo Olu I blame if he behaved half the way Buhari behaved it's obvious you guys would have exalted him... Your hatred for him is seen...

Yoruba will say when the offender already knows his sin, he won't kneel for long...

Don't get me wrong. I'm against our corrupt political system. Both APC and PDP. Don't try to be tribalistic about it.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Pr0cter: 9:53am On Oct 23, 2020
Sobasojek:

Edo and ipob, what’s the difference ?

Edo is known for armed robbery, prostitution, cultism, senselessness, ugliness wretchedness and poverty

Ipob is known for drug, armed robbery, prostitution, attack on yoruba properties, poverty region in southern Nigeria

This is just a confirmation that you are just a trabalistic hegoat. Once you see an ill, speak up and don't be sentimental about it because of tribe. We are all Nigerians
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by sharena(m): 9:58am On Oct 23, 2020
At least now they know that the youths can only be quiet for a period of time and when that time expires people will come out and that's what has happened in the past few weeks, we pray for peace and Calm after the rain comes the sun, I hope this Sars ends once and for all...
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Lucky5000(m): 10:04am On Oct 23, 2020
Something we expect the dullard in Aso rock to say, even those writing scripts for him couldn't

We also need time lines attached to government promises
#Endbadgovernance
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by zadokchidi: 10:12am On Oct 23, 2020
As I see this man is a man of good heart...he has been calming and addressing the state since this issue...but he is just an � in middle of gorelas ..love u sir..God will sure give you and your family the peace you want to give to lagoans
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by soojar(m): 10:14am On Oct 23, 2020
DominusPrime:

No. That should and has stopped completely. Now kindly explain what the soldiers were doing at lekki where they were peaceful but none showed up where hoodlums were looting and stealing. Also explain to me why Buhari didn't mention anything about lekki since you are so keen on defending a useless govt

You are asking me for explanation when the State governor who intends to calm tense situation down has apologized and said he has taken steps to take the complain to the highest authority of the military and that people should stop destroying properties, and you sir was asking if the governor is mad?

I think you should rather explain what you want him to do. or rather the hoodlums to do, continue the destruction of Lagos state? is that the plan?

1 Like

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Cherez: 10:14am On Oct 23, 2020
Well done sir
You're a good man who found himself in a rotten system
You did your bit presenting the stubborn president with the #Endsars manifesto
His insensitivity at Abuja caused all these
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 23, 2020
amaridigital:

They used him to kill his own people? Please let us put an end to all these lies for the God sake. Lies from social media will further destroy us. I'm sure more people died in Ibadan on Tuesday than at lekki toll gate. Let us get our facts right. How will a civilian governor order the military to start killing his people? Are we saying past and present governors should be held responsible for every extra judicial killings by security forces they are not in control? I'm disappointed few Yorubas are buying these stupid narratives. Yoruba people must rise to protect their land from these vultures pretending as friends.
Of all the places, people and properties attacked all over the nation since, Buhari singled out the attack on the throne of the Oba of Lagos whom he called a peace maker. Yoruba people must investigate the sponsors of that attack and THERE MUST BE FAR REACHING CONSEQUENCE ACROSS YORUBA LAND.

Thank you and God bless. You see how wicked and devilish the poster you adressed and other like him are?

They used Sanwo Olu to "kill his own people" yet the man responsibly ensured that CCTV camera, contrary to the claims of evil propagandists, recorded everything so that any real evidence of extra-judicial killing of Lagosian is available to support any investigation that may commence afterward.

Yet some still insist on brandishing Sanwo Olu a killer when the man, overall, has acted very respinsibly and in the interest of Lagosians.

How many killers record evidence of their killings and then hand it to investigative authorities?

Yorubas, as you say, must investigate matters to the very end to find the people behind all the fake news and malicious propaganda that fueled the fire and made the chaos in Lagos worsen from Tuesday evening to almost a situation of complete anarchy by Wednesday with widespread looting of shops and burning of police stations everywhere.

We already saw hate preacher Kanu instigating youths not to stop and to kill or be killed. This matter must be investigated robustly and exhaustively.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 23, 2020
soojar:

You are asking me for explanation when the State governor who intends to calm tense situation down has apologized and said he has taken steps to take the complain to the highest authority of the military and that people should stop destroying properties, and you sir was asking if the governor is mad?

I think you should rather explain what you want him to do. or rather the hoodlums to do, continue the destruction of Lagos state? is that the plan?

It is for him. Check his previous posts. He is one of those who insisted, repeatedly, that protestors were "massacred" at Lekki as if he was there. Even admitted to lying. We therefore know people like him have an agenda of seeing totally anarchy descend upon Lagos.

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 23, 2020
soojar:

You obviously have nothing tangible to say than to keep beating in circles. I said the looting and destruction should stop.

I also say it again...the gov has nothing to say cos he is just a puppet. Now answer the questions I raised above. Why didn't your Buhari talk about lekki? Who sent the soldiers to lekki? Answer me or just shut up. Stop making a fool of yourself trying to defend rubbish.

If you care to think deep you will see that I don't give a sh.it about the gov cos he is just a figure head controlled by Tinubu. I'm more interested in you apc stalwarts explaining to me the questions I have raised above
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 23, 2020
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Sobasojek: 10:18am On Oct 23, 2020
Pr0cter:

This is just a confirmation that you are just a trabalistic hegoat. Once you see an ill, speak up and don't be sentimental about it because of tribe. We are all Nigerians
We are not the same so we aren’t Nigerians

We are yorubas okay. We have no business with other ethnic groups
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Sobasojek: 10:19am On Oct 23, 2020
luluman:
And when you finished destroying your land your brain will start growing abi?
So far it’s ipob properties
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by DragonFire433: 10:22am On Oct 23, 2020
BabaOwen:
If you have been taken this police brutality matter really serious, we won't be where we are now.

Exactly

They would take things for granted initially, and when it gets out of hand, then they would switch over to fire brigade approach.

Nonetheless, this governor is trying and I applaud this his statement unlike the speech from that deaf in Aso Rock.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Olusegun Obasanjo: I Will Commit Suicide By Hanging If Nigeria Loses Hope / Yusuf Buhari's Wedding: Governors, Ministers, Others Storm Emir Of Kano’s Palace / Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.