Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians (65823 Views)

Ambode: Jide Sanwo-olu Is A Criminal And Mentally Unstable To Govern Lagos / Yemi Osinbajo Meets Jide Sanwo-Olu (Photo) / Meet Jide Sanwo-Olu: Biography, Governorship APC Lagos State Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 23, 2020
gracegrace668:

1. The peaceful protesters blocked the entire city and infringed on the freedom of movement of people.

Personally, I had to trek long distances to get to my destination as public means of transportation was unavailable. All of this affected ordinary citizens, not the SARS they claimed to end.

2. In the case people were allowed to pass, they were extorted or had to beg.

3. The Governor ordered a curfew and the at - home protesters encouraged the on - the - field protesters to remain on the roads and further restrict movement because, "nothing dey happen".

I would have you know that as at the time the shooting occurred, there was a curfew. Law abiding protesters went home.

4. The soldiers at Lekki shot into the air from my perception of the video, most likely to scare and disperse the crowd. That road is is the major link between the Island and Mainland, so understand how important it is.

I don't think they meant to kill people otherwise the number of deaths would be unimaginable. Stray bullets is very real.

5. Protesters have mostly been in support of the looters, seeing them as a sort of Messaiah destroying Government owned infrastructure, until it got to them so don't go there.

6. I can't comment on the President's speech but he has always been like this. Remember though, he was democratically elected for a second term which means we put him there.

NB: ... Please and please, I am upset about what happened at Lekki. I want to say however it was not a massacre. The appropriate words will be Lekki killings/Lekki shooting. The word "massacre" seems to be used by some to instigate terror and confusion.

I hope everyone involved in the shooting should be brought to book.

Bros, this guy is yanking your chain. Check people's past post to quickly know the saboteurs, hypocrites and evil elements who probably engaged in deliberately spreading fake news and malicious propaganda.

He is one of those who insisted, repeatedly, that protestors were "massacred" at Lekki as if he was there. Even admitted to lying. We therefore know people like him have an agenda of seeing total anarchy descend upon Lagos.

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by TrippleEEE: 10:26am On Oct 23, 2020
gracegrace668:

Hopeless thug forming protester, the good people of Lagos are calling for peace. You and your family shall never see normalcy.
You think Lag has ever been Normal? Call me what you want. We will see soon. Useless Zombie!
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by fredpeter(m): 10:31am On Oct 23, 2020
Governor u Bleep up, why u lie for national tv
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Ayokequeen(m): 10:49am On Oct 23, 2020
shullygirl:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGqLRbEl6sw/?igshid=1snynupvpnj56

Heyaaah! Sanwo Olu, a good man under the bad influence.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by TrippleEEE: 10:58am On Oct 23, 2020
gracegrace668:

Hopeless thug forming protester, the good people of Lagos are calling for peace. You and your family shall never see norpmalcy.
So you are even an alcoholic. Now all I feel is pity. No wonder you talk trash. Drunkard werey!
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by kiddkash(m): 11:04am On Oct 23, 2020
Rhapsodia:
Okay cheesy

May God continue to strengthen you Mr. Governor.

To be a grown man and a house boy to Tinubu is not easy. More grace grin
what you have to understand is that Tinubu's balls won't lick itself
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by olioxx(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2020
Oshigun:

You guys are just irresponsible and dangerous mischief-makers. You're the one not using your brain or deliberately trying to misinform others.

Sanwo Olu said two diedbut he did not say the army shot them. His central point still stands and remains validated. I.e no army "massacre" of protestors took place at Lekki toll gate as people like you people deliberately lied to the world was the case thereby causing chaos for Lagos.

Two, and very important, Sanwo Olu revealed that CCTV cameras were not removed as you liars claimed. It was laser cameras that read number plates that were removed because the operators of the very expensive laser cameras advised him to do so as they did not want them damaged.

Sanwo Olu confirmed CCTV camera were in olace filming throughout and that he is ready to make the recording of events available to any judicial or investigative panel anytime and anyday to prove the Army did not "massacre" Lagosians

How do I know all this? Because I am a genuine Lagosian who loves Lagos and is determined to take time to get facts and truth and work with those instead of pouring petrol on a raging flame as most of you are devoted to doing.

I am not a thug like you who ignores facts or deliberately misinforms others, with fake news and malicious propaganda, to promote chaos and anarchy. You will get your punishment mark that down.

Thanks for naming me a thug, but I am not a thug. I am a responsible Nigerian.

Sanwo confirmed 2 deaths of the many deaths that took place, if the army didn't shoot, then who shoot. Those at the Lekki toll gate were all after peaceful protest, and that was why DJ Smith said that they(protester) should sit on the ground, they even sang the National Anthem, waved the Nigerian flag, prior we all knew that soldiers were present at that area.
Now my question: If the army didn't shoot, who then shoot?

You said that that video was fabricated to lie to the world, I am telling you now that you have lost it.
Can you spot element of deceit and lies in that video?

Ok Lagos State Govt said that they removed laser cameras for reading plate number so as not to be damaged, are the protesters protesting against laser cameras for them to damage the cameras? Note that protest have ensued in that location for past days and the protesters didn't damage any laser camera.

If Sanwo wants to proof his innocence, he should transparently release CCTV footage to the investigative panel, since the Lag. State Govt has already created one. Again he should release it transparently to the general public. But I sure hope that at the time of the release, the video has not been altered.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by schoolmaster: 11:13am On Oct 23, 2020
This is exactly how a democrat should speak. Statement of reassurance, not some people that will use 3-5 days to rehears speech written for him before addressing his subjects.
God please save this country from chaotic leadership.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Proffdada: 12:27pm On Oct 23, 2020
Jackson105:

Keep quiet! He said at that time nobody is dead, he himself later confirmed 2 deaths after, he announced it himself, so what is your headache!
stfu! And stay off my mention. Was it ONLY two people that died? Don't smoke the same weed as your governor
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by olajizz01(m): 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Lets sheath our sword for peace to reign my fellow youths

I believe no politician and police officers would take us for a ride henceforth.
Exactly my rejoice about just concluded protest, no politicians irrespective of their party because they are all useless will take us for a ride henceforth, not even the useless third force that may comes in the future or police officers.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by ceejay80s(m): 12:37pm On Oct 23, 2020
Why did tinubu run, we need one of his children too to masacre
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2020
TrippleEEE:

So you are even an alcoholic. Now all I feel is pity. No wonder you talk trash. Drunkard werey!

Stupid thug protester. I hope you are shot at sight when next you decide to loot a supermarket.

Rest assured, they will only share your picture on WhatsApp. You will just be a mere part of the statistics.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by abbiboy: 1:41pm On Oct 23, 2020
JokeAdeleke:
God bless you Sir as you work towards restoration of normal

I hereby speak to my generation to work together to restore normal.

God bless this generation. The young generation. God bless the governor of Lagos

Now, they know the generation not to mess with angry
Use ur head...

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by abbiboy: 1:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
Kazim88:
Governor you are actually trying.

Use ur head...

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by abbiboy: 1:45pm On Oct 23, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Lets sheath our sword for peace to reign my fellow youths

I believe no politician and police officers would take us for a ride henceforth.

Be deceiving ursef this guyz don't care abt u,u back dwn life continues n u strt ovr again.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by victons(m): 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2020
I think this governor have really tried enough to clear his name.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by dsekist(m): 1:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
We aren't fools. This is a well planned move. already predicted!

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Rhapsodia: 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2020
kiddkash:

what you have to understand is that Tinubu's balls won't lick itself

Yes. That's true cheesy ...and it must be the Governor's Tongue that will lick his balls grin grin
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by TrippleEEE: 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
gracegrace668:

Stupid thug protester. I hope you are shot at sight when next you decide to loot a supermarket.

Rest assured, they will only share your picture on WhatsApp. You will just be a mere part of the statistics.
Bloody drunk. You worthless piece of shit. Keep talking under the influence of alcohol. I pity any innocent man that you deceive. Smelly drunkard.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by soojar(m): 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2020
DominusPrime:

You obviously have nothing tangible to say than to keep beating in circles. I said the looting and destruction should stop.

I also say it again...the gov has nothing to say cos he is just a puppet. Now answer the questions I raised above. Why didn't your Buhari talk about lekki? Who sent the soldiers to lekki? Answer me or just shut up. Stop making a fool of yourself trying to defend rubbish.

If you care to think deep you will see that I don't give a sh.it about the gov cos he is just a figure head controlled by Tinubu. I'm more interested in you apc stalwarts explaining to me the questions I have raised above

Sir, if you don't have the ability to reason properly I'm afraid I might not be of help to you. What is my concern with Buhari? who doesn't given a hoot whether you kill yourself or not. You are calling the person trying to douse a rising tension a mad man, now you that is probably not mad was asked to tell us what he should have done differently from the apologizing that he did, and making report of the activities of the soldiers at Lekki to the army authorities (since he doesn't have direct control over them).

Maybe you want the governor to carry gun and storm the army barracks for retaliation, maybe you can also mobilize the looters and arsonists to go and burn the barracks down because it looks to me you are quite unhappy that the governor is able to bring down the tension.

1 Like

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 23, 2020
soojar:

Sir, if you don't have the ability to reason properly I'm afraid I might not be of help to you. What is my concern with Buhari? who doesn't given a hoot whether you kill yourself or not. You are calling the person trying to douse a rising tension a mad man, now you that is probably not mad was asked to tell us what he should have done differently from the apologizing that he did, and making report of the activities of the soldiers at Lekki to the army authorities (since he doesn't have direct control over them).

Maybe you want the governor to carry gun and storm the army barracks for retaliation, maybe you can also mobilize the looters and arsonists to go and burn the barracks down because it looks to me you are quite unhappy that the governor is able to bring down the tension.

All you have said applies to you. I don't give a damn about sanwo olu and what he can or can't do...
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Lastanza: 10:24pm On Oct 23, 2020
An apology on any other thing can be accepted but not on the souls of those youths massacred at the Lekki tolegate.
A deliberate act to kill innocent protesters is a war crime that should never be pardoned.
I hope you face the ICC after your tenure.

A deliberate act to remove the cctv and put off the light just so that the incident will not be captured is the hight of crime against humanity.

I am deeply pained and unless you the governor absolves yourself of any complicity and provides those that perpetrated that crime, I can never forgive you on that.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by OdenKelechi(m): 3:52am On Oct 24, 2020
Puppet
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 24, 2020
TrippleEEE:

Bloody drunk. You worthless piece of shit. Keep talking under the influence of alcohol. I pity any innocent man that you deceive. Smelly drunkard.

If in your "sober state" you support criminals, I feel so ashamed for you. It would take 2 of you to make a man, as you are half a man.

1 Like

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by TrippleEEE: 9:38am On Oct 24, 2020
gracegrace668:

If in your "sober state" you support criminals, I feel so ashamed for you. It would take 2 of you to make a man, as you are half a man.
Sorry. I am not supporting criminals. Please calm down abeg. Let's chill a bit. I'm not your enemy.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by soojar(m): 10:32am On Oct 24, 2020
DominusPrime:

All you have said applies to you. I don't give a damn about sanwo olu and what he can or can't do...

I thought as much, band wagon effect, just talking because others are talking.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 24, 2020
soojar:

I thought as much, band wagon effect, just talking because others are talking.
Same as you. I ignore the gov cos he is a puppet. You ignore Buahri cos you are his follower but all of a sudden I'm the one following the bandwagon.
Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by soojar(m): 12:26pm On Oct 24, 2020
DominusPrime:

Same as you. I ignore the gov cos he is a puppet. You ignore Buahri cos you are his follower but all of a sudden I'm the one following the bandwagon.

Yes sir, I called you out because you are calling someone that has done a good job of restoring normalcy by apologizing to his people, a mad man. Since you and your people destroying Lagos properties are the only sane people, we then ask you to tell us what he should have done differently to achieve same purpose of restoring order except that is not what you want, you rather prefer the chaos and divisions that a speech like that of Buhari will bring which could be why you kept shouting Buhari as if it's Buhari I called you out on.

Again, your word is that Sanwoolu is a mad man for restoring peace back to Lagos state, it leaves one to wonder what you and your likes are getting from the whole escalation as a result of the recklessness of the military being controlled by some invisible hand to 'burn' Lagos. And they got willing tools in people like you.

1 Like

Re: Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2020
soojar:

Yes sir, I called you out because you are calling someone that has done a good job of restoring normalcy by apologizing to his people, a mad man. Since you and your people destroying Lagos properties are the only sane people, we then ask you to tell us what he should have done differently to achieve same purpose of restoring order except that is not what you want, you rather prefer the chaos and divisions that a speech like that of Buhari will bring which could be why you kept shouting Buhari as if it's Buhari I called you out on.

Again, your word is that Sanwoolu is a mad man for restoring peace back to Lagos state, it leaves one to wonder what you and your likes are getting from the whole escalation as a result of the recklessness of the military being controlled by some invisible hand to 'burn' Lagos. And they got willing tools in people like you.

I would have answered you sensibly but you are no longer talking with sense. All you are trying to do is to paint what I have said bad. Where on earth did I call the gov a mad man? I also mentioned that the looting should stop and it rightly has but as usual you have ignored those statements and cooked up lies that I called the gov mad just so that you can twist what I have said. All I said is I'm not interested in the gov cos he is a puppet and me calling him a puppet goes way beyond lekki.

When you can reason from both hemispheres of your brain without telling lies to suit your foolishness then come and talk to me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari's Wedding: Governors, Ministers, Others Storm Emir Of Kano’s Palace / Olusegun Obasanjo: I Will Commit Suicide By Hanging If Nigeria Loses Hope / Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.