Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Why Do People Double Date? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Double Date? (11208 Views)

I Need Your Opinion On Why People Double Date. / Why We Love To Double Date Women...... / Is It A Good Thing To Double Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Double Date? by afolayangs(m): 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2007
for security reason if one date does not work out the other one will do
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by MILITIA(f): 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2007
jaymobb:

tell them o jare wink business conscious woman, ashawo 1 kobo, y wont u know a lot about double dtin

d way body dey swit u eh! small tin u don open mouth lipsrsealed

y don't u use your tyme in doin sometin more constructive, mumu grin grin grin

Here comes another love-sick fan! I have noticed you so please die! angry
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by Emmaculate(m): 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2007
cool if we want 2 b real it does not pay 2 double date
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by OmoEko1(f): 10:53pm On Jul 19, 2007
People double for different reasons.

Just in case one breaks up with you, the other one will be a back up undecided undecided undecided.
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by MP007(m): 6:59am On Jul 20, 2007
double date? u should be talking tripple dating /quadry dating and more, this as gone beyond double dating , ladies are turning into frekas and bicthes now
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by oyie(f): 8:25am On Jul 20, 2007
I think its insecure wink

or de have luv issues from the past undecided

but at times they lose it all.doybt if its worth it
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by kgoddie(m): 8:34am On Jul 20, 2007
lets say 4 many ladies 2day,it's a natural thing.
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by otoidea(m): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2007
boredom, search for more fun,
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by Wind2(m): 12:49pm On Jul 20, 2007
I'd rather ask; What prompts a man to leave a Beatel for an S class Benz?", why did Jesus regard the pennies of the poor woman more than the huge contributions from the wealthy. The answer is value!

What is the value of the average Nigerian woman today! To what extent do they, as 2face put it, complement the average Nigerian man? To what extent are the selfless? How much endurance do they have? To what extent are they willing to practice a blind love and not one the has at the back of it's mind, 'a scale of preference.

Before I go one to attempt a response to my own questions, base on the limits of my knowledge, I'll add that so many women have not been able to separate their personal ambitions from the man-- most times, the compatibility of the man is anchored one the extent to which the man's prospects is in harmony with their ambitions.

This might constitute a very selfish analysis, but I'm of the view that, in the modern woman's drive for liberation, she gets the entire picture muddled up. Instead of (most time they do) proving her self-sufficiency in the materialistic facet of life only, she fights to prove bold, strong, indomitable, sometimes time one wonders if they would rather wear the trousers. Does she even see the value in making one's self agreeable or does she think it cool and aspire to tell a man, like Beoncye put it: ' to left, to the left, everything thing you own in the box to the left :-(

A man will leave a woman for insufficiency any time any day-- the fallen ones

A good woman allways wins the bet and keeps her man! Yes, a lot of men have their weaknesses, but we still know the difference between a Lady and a container for one's ejaculation. True Women who are not looking for excuses, must know this and take strength, courage and continuity for this infallible reality.

Polygamy was widely practiced in Africa due to the fact that, the more children one has the more work-force one has in the plantations. As we all know, in Africa of the past, as a pot belly was a status symbol, lots of women and children was a status symbol and not a necessarily a product of Lust and disloyalty.

My take is that African women should return to Africanism and African culture; complement your man to make your self-indispensable (God's vision). Do this and gain recognition and Value. A jewel is still a jewel, pako is still pako. As a man rushes home to his new wife so do they rush to those of value.

I have spoken from the man's perspective so I'll beg the forgiveness of the Ladies here. I will not attempt to say why men double date because by virtue of innocence, I'm not qualified to answer this question from such as slant.

With Best Regards
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by johnnygan(m): 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2007
lol. Well said
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by millian(m): 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2007
hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by Fitty(m): 1:20pm On Jul 21, 2007
I'm of the opinion that people doudle date because of lack of real committment and irresponsibility.
U see, committment is a 2-way thing and it is easy when purpose and goals are set. But firstly both of U ve to see things alike; share common ideals and virtue. When this fundamentals are lacking, then expect cheating or double dating

Most pple are afraid of committment thus going into a relationship for shallow, superficial and selfish motives. Some pple just dont know what they want out of a relationship so they just hover about, from one to another
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by shilox(m): 5:24pm On Jul 24, 2007
coolYou never know who would be Mr or Mrs RIGHT tommorow.
Afterall dating is not being in a relationship. cool
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2007
Blimey, Militia! Your input into threads is so funny! smiley How do you think up replies that quick though? You DO get to folk, but I'm always laughing my head off at your posts! grin
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by Kubed2klin(m): 6:05pm On Jul 24, 2007
shilox:

coolYou never know who would be Mr or Mrs RIGHT tommorow.
Afterall dating is not being in a relationship. cool

Who said dating does not mean a relationship. Afterall, in Nigeria, ost people can't distinguish the difference between the both.
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by Bigjay(m): 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ Topic

This is a new phenomenon amongst girls these days o.
Check your girl friend very well, she's got a man,
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by MILITIA(f): 6:56am On Jul 25, 2007
Siena:

Blimey, Militia! Your input into threads is so funny! smiley How do you think up replies that quick though? You DO get to folk, but I'm always laughing my head off at your posts! grin

@Siena

It is God's gift of "comedy"!!! Unfortunately many do not find it funny!!!! But God dey sha!!!! But double dating is an aspect of life that one cannot avoid sometimes due to human nature. Let us just say "na condition make crawfish bend"!!!! grin
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 25, 2007
MILITIA:

@Siena

It is God's gift of "comedy"!!! Unfortunately many do not find it funny!!!! But God dey sha!

Lol, you're a bit mad, Militia, but in a nice way! grin
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by Hazeleyed(f): 11:02am On Jul 25, 2007
@militia u are just realistic don't mind all this people that have their heads in the clouds.

double dating only means that one has a back up plan,
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by Kceelyn(f): 8:33am On Jan 22, 2010
@poster,doubledating,in its real sense,aint kool.Seriously it shouldnt be encouraged,but then pple hv different experiences with life.So plz let's not be judgemental here,to y'all folks tryin to do.I hv had bad relationships n as it seems,am currently not dating n its affecting me,cos I feel so lonely.Wht do u profess for a lady dats bn hurt too many times n still bn asked out by a lotta guys,so I shld stay alone or wht give my heart to another joker will be step on it.If I decide to go back to d dating game,just dont ask,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Ever Cheat In A Relationship? / SEX.y G-string: Look At The Hot Panties I Bought. Something Crazy Happened — PIC / Your View About Social Network Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.