Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Who Noticed The Time Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Noticed The Time Today (6520 Views)

Simon Ekpa To Gov Soludo......you Will Hear From Me By 2PM Biafra Time Today / Who Noticed What NTA Did While Gov. Wike Was Speaking At Etche LGA / Who Noticed That The Jos Killings Started After This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by praz001(m): 11:18am On Oct 26, 2020
nnamdi640:
Hope I have not miss my track in Nairaland. Time has been programmed and it can't be altered except you are using a faulty device used for measuring time. Time is fixed whether 24 hrs time or 12 hrs time

Nope....!
I set my phone to an alarm beep 12 am daily. it beep this morning at 12am, then I put it off only to the the time revert to 11:48 after 10mins.

I checked my wrist watch which I set to be 5mins ahead of my phone's time but it was same at that of my phone.

while I was still trying to figure what has happened, my phone's alarm beep again for 12:00am.

5 Likes

Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by Daum: 11:49am On Oct 26, 2020
I was confused yesterday ehn
I be think say I don dy mental or my phone dy crace. I could not explain what was going on.

Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by TATALoAlaMu: 11:50am On Oct 26, 2020
Your gatekeeper must be high on early morning sapele water.
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 26, 2020
Titusolufemi:
Good morning nairalanders, something strange happened today and I don't know if anyone noticed it. I woke up this morning to prepare for work. I was to resume 7:30 and I finished on time. I got to work at 7:19am but lo and behold, the gate was already locked and I saw so many of our staffs lockout. I met them quarreling with the gatekeeper. I checked my time and it says 7:20 but the clock gatekeeper clock says 7:47am. We started comparing time and and it says differently. The gate keeper has to check the office time and it says 7:28am.
What is really happening cos as at yesterday, all time was in uniform.
I noticed it yesterday.
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by Petyr1: 12:34pm On Oct 26, 2020
Titusolufemi:
Good morning nairalanders, something strange happened today and I don't know if anyone noticed it. I woke up this morning to prepare for work. I was to resume 7:30 and I finished on time. I got to work at 7:19am but lo and behold, the gate was already locked and I saw so many of our staffs lockout. I met them quarreling with the gatekeeper. I checked my time and it says 7:20 but the clock gatekeeper clock says 7:47am. We started comparing time and and it says differently. The gate keeper has to check the office time and it says 7:28am.
i experienced it yesterday and this morning. my two phones where giving different time. i wanted to listen to 4pm news on radio but around 4:11pm this radio was only playing music. i thought maybe they don't want to talk about news.
this morning i noticed everything was fast because I was following the fastest time.
although I have reset the both to the same time

1 Like

Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by QTCL(m): 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
Time changes twice in europe yearly and happened on the 25th of October, as the time was reversed back by an hour....for days with longer night and during the summer with longer day the time will be forwarded.Its usual in Europe

1 Like

Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by CAPITALBEE: 12:48pm On Oct 26, 2020
OP... you're right bro. Yesterday night, I thought I was literally running mad or something. The time went back by 12 minutes on two separate times.

I started working on some documents for a client of mine around 10:42pm and at the same time, I was trying to exhaust my data subscription which was meant to expire by 12 midnight through some heavy downloads because the validity period was for Sunday alone.

As at 11:57, I was a bit worried the data remaining (2.5gb) would literally expire without being used up. So I got up to use the restroom and I when got back.
Lo and behold, the time was 11:45... I was like... Ahn Ahn...what's going on here, did I get the time wrong or something when I checked so I continued my work. At 11:57 again, I checked my data balance it was around 1.5gb so I got more fixated on my laptop and started watching some YouTube videos in addition to the downloads that were on going.
This time around before my koro koro eyes, time went back by 12 minutes again to 11:45... I confirmed the change on both my two phones and the laptop... I got chills last night as I thought maybe rapture don happen on a low-key and I no follow go... I couldn't tell anyone until I saw your post this afternoon.

My brother also confirmed he experienced same thing early this morning.

9 Likes

Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by ikorodureporta: 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2020
Titusolufemi:
U'r right. My phones & wall clock dey show diff time for like 3days now
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by lastempero: 1:14pm On Oct 26, 2020
Here in western europe we went back by one hr in time n it happens every winter. Everyone adjust his or her clock one hr back.
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by Akanimoh113(m): 1:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
Titusolufemi:

Actually all time was not Uniform Yesterday.
Mine was 10mins faster than my Churches Clock
As at Yesterday my Time in the Morning was 10:30am but the Church's own was 10:24am

I was confused??
I asked most of my friends but theirs was different
I had to ask who's using Glo and Two responded.
Others was MTN

It depends on the Network your Using
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by Osyxcel(m): 1:44pm On Oct 26, 2020
It has been happening since Thurs/Friday. With Glo, it's about 10 mins faster I think.

Use your analog time or NL time to set the time on your phone and disable auto-update of date and time.
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 26, 2020
It must be the phone Network time.... I noticed that Airtel network time was minutes behind
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by thatigboman: 2:14pm On Oct 26, 2020
Titusolufemi:
very true. What happened today?
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by thatigboman: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2020
topgear:
E be like OP is a Smoker.
what the Op said is true. I just realised yesterday that one of my wristwatches was incorrect by 15 mins yesterday. And today, one of my phones was incorrect by 3 mins.
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by thatigboman: 2:18pm On Oct 26, 2020
OfficialAwol:

You are very right.

I would have made this post myself except that I thought it was my visuals that played tricks on me.

I took my remote control close to me at 6:57am waiting to tune into Channels TV sunrise daily.

The next time I looked at the time, on my mobile phone o, the time was 6:51am. Like the time literally went backwards by few seconds.

I kept quiet because I didn't know such occurrence was possible before people will think I've gone bunkers.
happened to me yesterday. I started wondering if i was mad. Had to use DSTv time to reset my phone
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by thatigboman: 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2020
nnamdi640:
Hope I have not miss my track in Nairaland. Time has been programmed and it can't be altered except you are using a faulty device used for measuring time. Time is fixed whether 24 hrs time or 12 hrs time
not faulty device. My Samsung Note 9 phone just added 15 mins yesterday from nowhere. I had to check my wristwatches and dstv time to see which is correct
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by BennyDGreat: 2:39pm On Oct 26, 2020
Noticed it yesterday as well
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by hrykanu231(m): 2:53pm On Oct 26, 2020
Titusolufemi:

Mine was ysday. We were supposed to have a meeting with someone, the time was set for 3pm. Once it was 3pm in my location, I called him and he told me, that I was 15minutes early.
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by Oliviajones(f): 2:59pm On Oct 26, 2020
It happened to me today. If I hadn't seen this post, I wouldn't have thought much of it.
I was hurrying to get to the office before 8:15. Before I stepped in, it was 8:12 but when I thumbprinted on the biometric attendance scanner, it showed 8:04. I thought the device had gone bad but the security guy confirmed his watch was 8:04 as well.

What's the story behind this? It's weird
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by Jamest162: 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2020
I noticed mine yesterday, d time on my both phones were different.... Strange.
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by nnamdi640: 3:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
thatigboman:
not faulty device. My Samsung Note 9 phone just added 15 mins yesterday from nowhere. I had to check my wristwatches and dstv time to see which is correct
That should be a default based on the time programmed to that phone

1 Like

Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by sharpwriter(m): 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2020
Zooposki:

I heard 85% of us on the earth today are not humans. Just those NPC xters. Humans are very few left on earth. The rest are soulless empty beings.

Lol... You still dey ask ba? Your politicians are evidences na grin

1 Like

Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2020
I noticed this yesterday....

My dad,mom, brother and me, our time where different yesterday
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by sharpwriter(m): 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2020
CAPITALBEE:
OP... you're right bro. Yesterday night, I thought I was literally running mad or something. The time went back by 12 minutes on two separate times.

I started working on some documents for a client of mine around 10:42pm and at the same time, I was trying to exhaust my data subscription which was meant to expire by 12 midnight through some heavy downloads because the validity period was for Sunday alone.

As at 11:57, I was a bit worried the data remaining (2.5gb) would literally expire without being used up. So I got up to use the restroom and I when got back.
Lo and behold, the time was 11:45... I was like... Ahn Ahn...what's going on here, did I get the time wrong or something when I checked so I continued my work. At 11:57 again, I checked my data balance it was around 1.5gb so I got more fixated on my laptop and started watching some YouTube videos in addition to the downloads that were on going.
This time around before my koro koro eyes, time went back by 12 minutes again to 11:45... I confirmed the change on both my two phones and the laptop... I got chills last night as I thought maybe rapture don happen on a low-key and I no follow go... I couldn't tell anyone until I saw your post this afternoon.

My brother also confirmed he experienced same thing early this morning.

Hahahaha...... Your rapture fear really got me laughing cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by Babanah: 5:21pm On Oct 26, 2020
Guys switch off your automatic daylight savings if it does not apply to you.
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by DECENCY3: 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2020
MagicBishop:

A glitch in the Matrix causes time distortions.

See Grammer. Uncle please explain the English it's sounds too big for me
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by DECENCY3: 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2020
I noticed it too. Whatever I posted showed 11 minutes past the time.

Who can explain what really happened?
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by byinks(f): 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2020
OfficialAwol:

You are very right.

I would have made this post myself except that I thought it was my visuals that played tricks on me.

I took my remote control close to me at 6:57am waiting to tune into Channels TV sunrise daily.

The next time I looked at the time, on my mobile phone o, the time was 6:51am. Like the time literally went backwards by few seconds.

I kept quiet because I didn't know such occurrence was possible before people will think I've gone bunkers.

Everything electronic these days are smart
Artificial intelligence installed in these devices may be uknown to us.
I have an atomic wall clock that used to reset itself at the beginning of British Summer time and again at the beginning of daylight saving time in November...that was in UK.
Technology has advanced further since then and now these devices can spy on us. Who knows what else they're capable of ?
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by drealbenard(m): 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2020
I thought I was the only one that noticed this. shocked
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by OfficialAwol(m): 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2020
thatigboman:
happened to me yesterday. I started wondering if i was mad. Had to use DSTv time to reset my phone

Strange times if u ask me
Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by OfficialAwol(m): 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2020
byinks:

Everything electronic these days are smart
Artificial intelligence installed in these devices may be uknown to us.
I have an atomic wall clock that used to reset itself at the beginning of British Summer time and again at the beginning of daylight saving time in November...that was in UK.
Technology has advanced further since then and now these devices can spy on us. Who knows what else they're capable of ?

Strange times we are in.

1 Like

Re: Who Noticed The Time Today by undiesxtra: 8:19pm On Oct 26, 2020
Happened to me today too. Thought I was running late. I was so confused cos I was so sure of the time .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NAPTIP Secures Release Of 15 Nigerian Girls Trafficked To Mali / Atiku Underestimated Obi... / Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.