Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady (2030 Views)

Groom Criticized For Allowing Pregnant Bride To Kneel To Feed Him At Wedding / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal Because Lover Refused To Kneel Down / Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Factfinder1(m): 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2020
As shared on Facebook by Emmanuel KINGS

In the USA, UK and other western countries where men kneel down to propose to a woman, they practically don't spend much money for the wedding, and they have a Welfarist government that subsidises family life; while in Nigeria the burden is solely on the innocent husband.

A woman who expects you to kneel to propose to her before she say Yes, is either not ready for marriage or not in love with you.

It is wickedness and entitlement for a woman to expect an innocent man who bought ring with his money to kneel down to propose to her, use his money to marry her, and still bring her into the house he built/rented with his money. Ingratitude!

A Nigerian woman who is lucky to be chosen out of many women roving about in the streets, should see such a man as her redeemer and Prize, she must kneel to accept his proposal.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Dpsychologist: 11:34pm On Oct 26, 2020
Get ready to be attacked by NL ladies

4 Likes

Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Balismatic(m): 11:36pm On Oct 26, 2020
Kneeling to propose to a lady is simply a dramatic display of what they see or heard as a result of peer pressure and bandwagon.. And dont forget its usually makes a good video on social media platform...Ooh that exciting feelings of likes and following. Nothing more to it , it is a recent trend not so much regarded some years back

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

It will be very hard for mind set to change about not kneeling down to propose when I want to marry.

I don't See my self doing that. I will simply ask her, "will you spend the rest of your life with me?" In a private place if she say yes I pull my rings and put it on her,, that's all!!

3 Likes

Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 26, 2020
so you don't know,?
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by ouzo1(m): 12:25am On Oct 27, 2020
Pete Edochie to the op right now, u see that land close to the market square it is all yours..

we have to make a stand .

7 Likes

Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 27, 2020
I have nothing against people that kneel to propose
Everything is about choice and opinion
But Me no fit
It is not everything we will just copy from them white folks
When no be say I no fit think on my own....
Even I will tell my future partner I no fit kneel to propose not because I'm proud but I just hate doing everything people are doing when I no be zombie.
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Mrscarter(f): 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
Factfinder1:
As shared on Facebook by Emmanuel KINGS

In the USA, UK and other western countries where men kneel down to propose to a woman, they practically don't spend much money for the wedding, and they have a Welfarist government that subsidises family life; while in Nigeria the burden is solely on the innocent husband.

A woman who expects you to kneel to propose to her before she say Yes, is either not ready for marriage or not in love with you.

It is wickedness and entitlement for a woman to expect an innocent man who bought ring with his money to kneel down to propose to her, use his money to marry her, and still bring her into the house he built/rented with his money. Ingratitude!

A Nigerian woman who is lucky to be chosen out of many women roving about in the streets, should see such a man as her redeemer and Prize, she must kneel to accept his proposal.

If my man knelt to propose to me I would kneel down to his level face to face and give him my answer.
I dnt see the fuss in kneeling. I think it's more romantic if you're cuddling on the couch n he pops the question or if we are kissing n cuddling or sumn and he asks me or I wake up in the morning n he kisses me n asks me. I will prefer that anyday.
Also no big fancy weddings n wasting tons of money. Something small n personal n romantic with close family n friends.
Also I dnt want no mansion n riches from him I prefer just him n I and have our children n a cosy nice little home n just a happy life full of love n laughter.
Those are things that matter to mecheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Balismatic(m): 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2020
Mrscarter:

If my man knelt to propose to me I would kneel down to his level face to face and give him my answer.
I dnt see the fuss in kneeling. I think it's more romantic if you're cuddling on the couch n he pops the question or if we are kissing n cuddling or sumn and he asks me or I wake up in the morning n he kisses me n asks me. I will prefer that anyday.
Also no big fancy weddings n wasting tons of money. Something small n personal n romantic with close family n friends.
Also I dnt want no mansion n riches from him I prefer just him n I and have our children n a cosy nice little home n just a happy life full of love n laughter.
Those are things that matter to mecheesy
I fancy you
It seems you have the wife materials
But I need to know
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Mrscarter(f): 2:38am On Oct 28, 2020
Balismatic:

I fancy you
But I need to know

Thanks that's a compliment. Am married already tho
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Openbusiness: 5:30am On Oct 28, 2020
i CANNOT kneel down to marry any woman. Not possible. If u like fine pass angel, na u sabi. Just like 2Pac said, My mama didn't raise no fool. I didn't do it before, won't do it now and will never do it. If I marry 10 times, those 10 times will be on the 2 feet God gave me. My sons will never do it too because i'm not raising fools. The 1st and only girl that I ever knelt down for, not a public celebration oh, but still public as per pipu still c me but i no send cuz I knew wot I was gunning after, cuz I decoded her parole and she was forming Mrs Sweep Me Off My Feet Before Anything Will Happen. I was like ok na, na banana dem dey take catch monkey. After forming I can kneel down to propose sef with the ring in my hand, she juz melt, LMAO, I accidental found her mumu button while goofing around but she thought I was serious. She was like I should get her a real ring, not using my own ring. I was like na small demonstration na, juz so u know that I can climb Mount Everest for u grin.

After dat day, she spread her legs like TV antenna, I bomb d place with my nuclear missile grin, her whole system scatter, na she come dey beg upandan for more Vitamin D. Las las after catching enuf cruise, I dumped her sorry ass, changed sim card straight. If u come at me with a mentality or mindset that I must kneel before proposing to you, no problem, na USE & DUMP be your name. Uno even dey fear, u get mind say make man with bear bear dey kneel dan for u, cuz u be Empere$$ of the Galaxy na. Mtchwwwww! No time to check time.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Balismatic(m): 7:46am On Oct 28, 2020
Mrscarter:

Congrats! What a lucky man!

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Mrscarter(f): 7:47am On Oct 28, 2020
Balismatic:

Congrats!
What a lucky man!

Ta. There's good women out there U just gotta pick them outta the rest
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Balismatic(m): 7:54am On Oct 28, 2020
Mrscarter:

Ta. There's good women out there U just gotta pick them outta the rest
Ofcourse, i might need me some powerful lens and sophisticated fillter to find that very rare good woman. They dont come by easily
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Mrscarter(f): 7:57am On Oct 28, 2020
Balismatic:

Ofcourse, i might need me some powerful lens and sophisticated fillter to find that very rare good woman. They dont come by easily

I know. But U never know, she could be right up the street from you or on the other side of the world. If it's meant to be god will guide her to you.
Good luck I hope U find hercheesy
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Balismatic(m): 8:06am On Oct 28, 2020
Mrscarter:

I know. But U never know, she could be right up the street from you or on the other side of the world. If it's meant to be god will guide her to you.
Good luck I hope U find hercheesy
It is a sure thing and a must have. She is out there,it is a matter of time and chance for us locate each other. Thanks
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by JasperVII(m): 8:24am On Oct 28, 2020
That practice of kneeling to propose to women is not our way, never was. It came with westernization. As an Igbo man and also like the man and a half that he is, Jasper will never go on his knees to propose to a woman.
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by ABOVEDELAW: 10:28am On Oct 28, 2020
NEVER SAY NEVER!
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Mrscarter(f): 4:02am On Oct 29, 2020
Balismatic:

It is a sure thing and a must have. She is out there,it is a matter of time and chance for us locate each other. Thanks

Yep. She'll come along eventually

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by DeSepiero(m): 5:38am On Oct 29, 2020
Balismatic:

I fancy you
But I need to know

Mrscarter:

Lmao!
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Balismatic(m): 7:32am On Oct 29, 2020
DeSepiero:

Lmao!
How is that hilarious to you? Is she married to you? Just like you are doing in the MBA FX thread, are you about to discourage any potential act of building a relationship and finding a wife/husband? Is it another ponzi?
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by DeSepiero(m): 7:52am On Oct 29, 2020
Balismatic:

How is that hilarious to you? Is she married to you? Just like you are doing in the MBA FX thread, are you about to discourage any potential act of building a relationship and finding a wife/husband? Is it another ponzi?

Did you invest in MBA too? Lmao!
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Balismatic(m): 7:58am On Oct 29, 2020
DeSepiero:

Did you invest in MBA too? Lmao!
Lolz... Tell me, will you consider it a ponzi to kneel and propose to your girl friend?
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Mrscarter(f): 11:37am On Oct 29, 2020
DeSepiero:

Lmao!

Glad U find that amusing.
Lol am being polite.
undecided

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:50am On Oct 29, 2020
If it is against the law or religious reasons then it is wrong.
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Balismatic(m): 3:15pm On Oct 29, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
If it is against the law or religious reasons then it is wrong.
Hmm.. I know one religion that have rules for every human actions. It will be educative to know the rule of kneeling to propose.
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by DeSepiero(m): 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2020
Balismatic:

Lolz...
Tell me, will you consider it a ponzi to kneel and propose to your girl friend?

What does kneeling symbolize?
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Balismatic(m): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2020
DeSepiero:

What does kneeling symbolize?
A mere dramatic display of respect,loyalty,obedient and pledged allegiance attributed to knighthood. In our Nigerian culture, we kneel as a symbol of resect or greetings to the elderly. will you choose to stand tall as an african rooted in her culture or choose to kneel to immitate the Western culture of a supposed gentleman?
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by DeSepiero(m): 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2020
Balismatic:

A mere dramatic display of respect,loyalty,obedient and pledged allegiance attributed to knighthood. In our Nigerian culture, we kneel as a symbol of resect or greetings to the elderly. will you choose to stand tall as an african rooted in her culture or choose to kneel to immitate the Western culture of a supposed gentleman?

Good. It's then clear that kneeling is out of place, so I see no reason.
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by Balismatic(m): 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
DeSepiero:

Good. It's then clear that kneeling is out of place, so I see no reason.
Come on man, ladies love dramatic romance. Spice up your relationship with a little drama feauturing suspense and actions occasionally. I will love the part you will take a bullet for her
Re: Why It Is Wrong For An African/nigerian Man To Kneel Down And Propose To A Lady by DeSepiero(m): 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
Balismatic:

Come on man, ladies love dramatic romance. Spice up your relationship with a little drama feauturing suspense and actions occasionally. I will love the part you will take a bullet for her

Yeah. In such cases, it's clear we're goofing around for fun.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The First Lucky 15 People will receive money (free) / Guys And Stretch Marks / Chidinma: My Experience As An Undergraduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.