Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,162 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! (20245 Views)

“freedom” Of Women Or “freedom” To Men To Enjoy Them? / Justice: Insulting Prophet Muhammad Can Lead You In Jail / Lunar Eclipse: See What The Prophet Instructed Us To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 30, 2020
Lukgaf:
[s]Freedom of expression is freedom FROM insult, NOT freedom TO insult!

Each faith community feels a deep-rooted emotional attachment to the symbols and personalities it reveres. Muslims are no different.

The value system of Islam is underpinned by respect and reverence – reverence for the Almighty, for all the Messengers of the Almighty – including the Prophets Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them all), the angels, the holy scriptures, the holy cities, religious symbols and places of worship, and respect for elders, teachers, leaders, religious scholars, parents, the elderly etc.

Depicting images of the Prophet (peace be upon him) is strictly forbidden in Islam. The rationale for the prohibition, inter alia, of depicting the Prophet (peace be upon him) is that he was too sublime to be truly portrayed. Furthermore, attempts at portraying him could result in his image being distorted. There are therefore no records of any authentic image or portrait of him anywhere in the world, from any period of Islamic history, which is a significant point of note.

Any attempt to depict the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in illustration is an attempt to depict the sacrosanct, which is not allowed. The nature of cartoons is to satirise and trivialise. This is clearly not acceptable in the case of a personality who is held in the highest esteem by almost 2 billion people globally.

Irrespective of what the motive is for the repeated publishing and displaying of these blasphemous cartoons – whether for cheap publicity, political gains, deliberate provocation, or due to sheer ignorance – it is grossly offensive and highly insensitive and will always be rejected by all people of morality with the contempt it deserves!

Muslims accept the principle of constructive freedom of expression, but not the freedom to wantonly insult, which is sometimes deviously and deceptively masqueraded as freedom of expression. True freedom of expression is freedom FROM insult, not freedom TO insult! Freedom to insult has ultimately resulted in hatred, bigotry and even destruction. Humour that is disrespectful, insensitive and offensive, is not humour, but is in fact hubris.

But when Muslims object, the stock response is that they do not appreciate freedom of expression. The media and others view this as an infringement of the right of freedom of speech. However, one aspect that is often overlooked is that no right is absolute; there are inherent limitations. Every right is counterbalanced against other rights. Every right has to be exercised with utmost responsibility.
The blatant hypocrisy of certain leaders in the application of freedom of speech is glaringly visible for the world to see! Whilst they harp on the promotion of freedom of speech, they are intolerant of any criticism of themselves or things that are dear to them. So much for freedom of speech!

Muslim leaders and masses would be justifiably outraged and enraged by this act of profanity. This could even precipitate protests and boycotts. The worldwide anger and outpouring of objections has made it amply clear that Muslims will never accept disrespect to the Prophet (peace be upon him) or whatever else is deemed sacred to them. Despite this open provocation, Muslims are urged to follow the noble example of the Holy Prophet (Peace be upon Him) in the kind, tolerant and forgiving manner he dealt with his enemies and continued to invite them to the Path of Guidance.

12 Rabi-ul-Awwal 1442 / 28 October 2020
Darul Ihsan Humanitarian Centre

https://darulihsan.com/index.php/news/item/9002-freedom-of-expression-is-freedom-from-insult-not-freedom-to-insult[/s]

Rubbish post. Fvck Islam and all Muslims.

Had to swore an oath that I'm a Muslim before I could comment on this thread,smh.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Kentuforchrist(m): 10:28am On Oct 30, 2020
Jesus is Lord both now and forever
I came to tell u muslims

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by donprinyo(m): 10:29am On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:

I hope it won't be out of place if someone in the name of freedom of expression draws a cartoon of your dad sleeping with your mum (showing their privates) on a national daily.
And I hope you will pat such person on the back for expressing their undeniable freedom?!

Idiot!
I will love the pics with all my heart.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Friend22(m): 10:29am On Oct 30, 2020
Draught:
What I don't support is when that "Nice attack", if you see the comments of Moslems around the world, they were like its Macron fault.. that per say he did the knife assault..

There's more I want to say and seeing those with the most liked comments here are similar to my views..

You don't have anything to say.
Just shut your mouth and get off this page!
Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by psyco: 10:30am On Oct 30, 2020
teebaxy:
IS ISLAM A CULT RELIGION? I HAVE TO ATTEST THAT IM A MUSLIM B4 I CAN COMMENT HERE...BUT WE ARE ALL FREE TO COMMENT ON A CHRISTIAN THREAD ANYHOW
Na their way

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by donprinyo(m): 10:30am On Oct 30, 2020
Anybody that kills because of their God show their God is weak.

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by hotwax: 10:30am On Oct 30, 2020
are you the prophet they are insulting?

why can't mohamed come to defend himself?

if u like say Jesus is something somthing...My name is not Jesus...he says he is eternal and alive...so let him defend himself. Its not my responsibility to fight for Jesus

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Friend22(m): 10:31am On Oct 30, 2020
donprinyo:

I will love the pics with all my heart.
hypocrite!
We know your type.
It means you never had any parent or you were a born throw way or you are simply sick in the head

2 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Obinoscopy(m): 10:31am On Oct 30, 2020
I agree with what you posted OP. You rightly condemned the insults. However it's very wrong of you not to condemn the killings...it shows you tacitly endorse it which is very sad.

49 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Draught: 10:32am On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:

You don't have anything to say.
Just shut your mouth and get off this page!

Lol as I no wan come leave the page nko, u go push me?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Friend22(m): 10:32am On Oct 30, 2020
hotwax:
are you the prophet they are insulting?

why can't mohamed come to defend himself?

Is stupidity a natural gift to you or you simply inherited it?!

1 Like

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by donprinyo(m): 10:32am On Oct 30, 2020
teebaxy:
IS ISLAM A CULT RELIGION? I HAVE TO ATTEST THAT IM A MUSLIM B4 I CAN COMMENT HERE...BUT WE ARE ALL FREE TO COMMENT ON A CHRISTIAN THREAD ANYHOW
Of course they are cultists with very low esteem. Small thing they become angry and start killing.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by donprinyo(m): 10:33am On Oct 30, 2020
Obinoscopy:
I agree with what you posted OP. You rightly condemned the insults. However it's very wrong of you not to condemn the killings...it shows you tacitly endorse it which is very sad.
They can never condemn it cos it's what de are instructed to do.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Friend22(m): 10:34am On Oct 30, 2020
Draught:

Lol as I no wan come leave the page nko, u go push me?

Suit yourself.
But mind you,dont insult us here.
I don't see Muslims going to Christian pages on Sunday to insult or cast slurs at them yet they feel comfortable coming here to dish it out.

5 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by donprinyo(m): 10:34am On Oct 30, 2020
This is exactly why every country should treat dem the way Israel treats them.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by nathdim: 10:35am On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:

I hope it won't be out of place if someone in the name of freedom of expression draws a cartoon of your dad sleeping with your mum (showing their privates) on a national daily.
And I hope you will pat such person on the back for expressing their undeniable freedom?!

Idiot!
so you now compare an Arabic prophet who has nothing to do with your forebearers with your daddy

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by hotwax: 10:35am On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:

Suit yourself.
I don't see Muslims going to Christian pages on Sunday to insult or cast slurs at them yet they feel comfortable coming here to dish it out.

and the people been killed are christians

5 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Kelsjb: 10:36am On Oct 30, 2020
Lukgaf:
Freedom of expression is freedom FROM insult, NOT freedom TO insult!

Each faith community feels a deep-rooted emotional attachment to the symbols and personalities it reveres. Muslims are no different.

The value system of Islam is underpinned by respect and reverence – reverence for the Almighty, for all the Messengers of the Almighty – including the Prophets Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them all), the angels, the holy scriptures, the holy cities, religious symbols and places of worship, and respect for elders, teachers, leaders, religious scholars, parents, the elderly etc.

Depicting images of the Prophet (peace be upon him) is strictly forbidden in Islam. The rationale for the prohibition, inter alia, of depicting the Prophet (peace be upon him) is that he was too sublime to be truly portrayed. Furthermore, attempts at portraying him could result in his image being distorted. There are therefore no records of any authentic image or portrait of him anywhere in the world, from any period of Islamic history, which is a significant point of note.

Any attempt to depict the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in illustration is an attempt to depict the sacrosanct, which is not allowed. The nature of cartoons is to satirise and trivialise. This is clearly not acceptable in the case of a personality who is held in the highest esteem by almost 2 billion people globally.

Irrespective of what the motive is for the repeated publishing and displaying of these blasphemous cartoons – whether for cheap publicity, political gains, deliberate provocation, or due to sheer ignorance – it is grossly offensive and highly insensitive and will always be rejected by all people of morality with the contempt it deserves!

Muslims accept the principle of constructive freedom of expression, but not the freedom to wantonly insult, which is sometimes deviously and deceptively masqueraded as freedom of expression. True freedom of expression is freedom FROM insult, not freedom TO insult! Freedom to insult has ultimately resulted in hatred, bigotry and even destruction. Humour that is disrespectful, insensitive and offensive, is not humour, but is in fact hubris.

But when Muslims object, the stock response is that they do not appreciate freedom of expression. The media and others view this as an infringement of the right of freedom of speech. However, one aspect that is often overlooked is that no right is absolute; there are inherent limitations. Every right is counterbalanced against other rights. Every right has to be exercised with utmost responsibility.
The blatant hypocrisy of certain leaders in the application of freedom of speech is glaringly visible for the world to see! Whilst they harp on the promotion of freedom of speech, they are intolerant of any criticism of themselves or things that are dear to them. So much for freedom of speech!

Muslim leaders and masses would be justifiably outraged and enraged by this act of profanity. This could even precipitate protests and boycotts. The worldwide anger and outpouring of objections has made it amply clear that Muslims will never accept disrespect to the Prophet (peace be upon him) or whatever else is deemed sacred to them. Despite this open provocation, Muslims are urged to follow the noble example of the Holy Prophet (Peace be upon Him) in the kind, tolerant and forgiving manner he dealt with his enemies and continued to invite them to the Path of Guidance.

https://darulihsan.com/index.php/news/item/9002-freedom-of-expression-is-freedom-from-insult-not-freedom-to-insult

But you don’t see each faith when their prophets or messiahs are insulted result to killing people. You people should stop the violence and condemn it

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Ifeann(f): 10:36am On Oct 30, 2020
Is lslam is a joke.

Muslims are Killing people in France because of a carton of an obvious fake prophet who had mental issues. It's ridiculous

Lukgaf:
Freedom of expression is freedom FROM insult, NOT freedom TO insult!

https://darulihsan.com/index.php/news/item/9002-freedom-of-expression-is-freedom-from-insult-not-freedom-to-insult

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Patrioticman007(m): 10:36am On Oct 30, 2020
"If you talk about Jews, you're anti Semitic.
If you criticize gays, you're homophobic.
If you make fun of colored people, you're racist.
But when you insult our Prophet, you're practicing your right as part of your freedom!

Your freedom ends when you start offending .

Food for thought
# say no to islamphobia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by donprinyo(m): 10:37am On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:
hypocrite!
We know your type.
It means you never had any parent or you were a born throw way or you are simply sick in the head
My Dad will simply laugh over it. Even your Mohammed would do so unless he had low self esteem. I heard rumors that he has small dick that's why he likes small children

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by autolearner: 10:37am On Oct 30, 2020

Patrioticman007:
"If you talk about Jews, you're anti Semitic.
If you criticize gays, you're homophobic.
If you make fun of colored people, you're racist.
But when you insult our Prophet, you're practicing your right as part of your freedom!

Your freedom ends when you start offending .

Food for thought

Friend22:

Idiot!

GAYS DON'T KILL

COLORED PEOPLE DON'T KILL

FREEDOM DOESN'T END WHEN YOU INSULT ALLAH, FEEL FREE TO INSULT BACK.

BUT WHEN YOU JUSTIFY THE INSULT OF ALLAH WITH DEATH, YOU ARE NOTHING BUT AN EXTREMIST, SECOND TO A TERRORIST, WHO DESERVES NOT TO BE AMONG HUMANS!

While I do not support insults at anyone regardless of their leanings, sexually, religious-wise or in any other form possible, WHAT IS ABHORRENT & REPUGNANT AND SHOULD BE SO FOR ANYONE WHO IS OF A SANE MIND, is justifying maiming random humans and decapitating people in the retaliation to these insults.

This same energy Muslims worldwide put into 'the fight against the insult of Allah - either in writing, verbal insults or posts like these on public fora', should be converted to shouting down & fishing out Islamic Extremists. Aggregate this energy in the fight against terrorism and radical nonces.

See those quiet intellectuals, always writing in support, just like the OP, the ones I have quoted above & some others you'd see on this thread, they will continually pander quietly in support of these radicals, allowing them to run riot in the name of Islam, as long as it consider it protective of their beliefs in Allah.

It is a huge shame and for anyone like the quoted who'd come to make spurious justification, please remember that, YOU CAN NEVER JUSTIFY INSULTS OF ALLAH WITH DEATH & GRUESOME DECAPITATION!

IF YOU DO NOT SUPPORT THE KILLINGS, SAY IT LOUD AND CLEAR WITH THE SAME ENERGY YOU DEFEND ALLAH WITH.

CALL OUT THE KILLERS.

CALL OUT YOUR RELIGIOUS SHEIKS WHO SUPPORT THE DEATH

CALL OUT THE PRESIDENT OF TURKEY & EX-PM OF MALAYSIA

DON'T TELL ME ABOUT HOW INSULTS ARE BAD, WE KNOW THAT ALREADY.

TELL YOURSELVES ABOUT HOW YOU QUIETLY SUPPORT MURDER & DAILY JUSTIFY TERRORISM BECAUSE YOU WANT TO PROTECT 'allah' BY ALL MEANS.

SAVE US THE NOISE ABOUT HOW SOMEONE INSULTED ALLAH

SAVE THE WORLD OF YOUR QUIET SUPPORT FOR BLOOD-THIRSTY NONCES WHO SHARE THE SAME RELIGION WITH YOU

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by edoairways: 10:37am On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:

Idiot!
Does that warrant killing?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Draught: 10:38am On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:

Suit yourself.

It's OK friend, I just aired my view, the killing is unjust, why can't you condemn that?..

Happy Friday, stay well.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Victorclean1: 10:38am On Oct 30, 2020
Macron deserves what he got. When they were warning him not to allow terrorists,(muslims) into their country, he refused. Obama a hidden muslim convinved him. They should rip what they sow.

Islam is cancerous

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Friend22(m): 10:38am On Oct 30, 2020
Ifeann:
Is lslam is a joke.

Muslims are Killing people in France because of a carton of an obvious fake prophet who had mental issues. It's ridiculous

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Ifeann(f): 10:39am On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:

Suit yourself.

You muslims do that all the time and more.
A muslim just beheaded an old woman inside a cathedral in France and ur fellow muslim is hear warning people about drawing a fellow that died 1600 years ago. Religion surely messes with people's senses.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by hotwax: 10:39am On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:

I asked a question, but it seems the question caught a raw nerve there.

Idiots like you come to Muslim pages to insult us and when we give you back your own dose you call us names.
Grunting irritating pigs!

if your father is not an idiot, he wont produce a psssy like you. He was stupid to have wasted his energy, sporm, and money to produce you.

dont come here and tell us who we should or should not insult.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by hotwax: 10:40am On Oct 30, 2020
Victorclean1:
Macron deserves what he got. When they were warning him not to allow terrorists,(muslims) into their country, he refused. Obama a hidden muslim convinved him. They should rip what they sow.

Islam is cancerous

their husband trump is in america, let them try and behead na...the masses are armed with guns, they will go after those muslims with bullets.

I think american fathers were wise and visionary

15 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Night Of Majesty (lailatul Quadri) / If A Husband Refuses To Spend On His Wife, Is It Right To Sexually Refuse Him? / Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.