Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,526 members, 7,816,283 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! (20246 Views)

“freedom” Of Women Or “freedom” To Men To Enjoy Them? / Justice: Insulting Prophet Muhammad Can Lead You In Jail / Lunar Eclipse: See What The Prophet Instructed Us To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by nathdim: 11:46am On Oct 30, 2020
Sterope:
France destabilised a couple of regions including our neighboring Christian majority country. They made Libya what it is today!

They are so racist that they don't even see colour. IMO, Black French men bear the most scars from colonialism. Those scars run really deep.

As you were saying.............
don't get me wrong am not in support French Christians am an agnostic
Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Sterope(f): 11:48am On Oct 30, 2020
You sounded like you did not know why France has lots of minorities especially Muslims to begin with.
nathdim:
don't get me wrong am not in support French Christians am an agnostic
Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Sterope(f): 11:49am On Oct 30, 2020
Are you confused?
Javalist:
It's a simple rule, if you don't want it on yourself, please do not inflict it to others. I just can't stop wondering, of what benefit do you drive fun in insulting other faiths?

I may decide to heavily start raining abuses and insults on that alien creature you called jesus tied on the cross but I won't do that. Because I'm a Muslim, I love and respect Isah (peace be upon him) only as one of the four mighty prophets of Islam.

Fvck these pigs called the Christians and fvck this devilish way of life called the Christianity. I've no respect for this mudafuckers more especially the Nigerian ones who are nothing but inferior slaves in the religion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Dalil8: 11:50am On Oct 30, 2020
ArewaHero:
we can't stand any insult against prophet Muhammad period

cool we can't stand any insult against prophet Muhammad period

But we're insulting the bastard rapist right now. What can you or your fellow head slammers do about that?

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by abdsamad(m): 11:51am On Oct 30, 2020
Yes it is offensive to defame anyone, prophet or no

God has been "defamed" in numerous ways over time

The prophet Muhammad is great but... Even he didn't kill those who defamed him or God or other prophets

The rule of not drawing the prophet doesn't apply to non-Muslims, same way praying 5 times a day doesn't apply to them

The prophet has been defamed verbally in innumerable texts over time so there's nothing new here

Being a Muslim doesn't mean you'll not go to hell. Islam is about balance, avoiding the two extremes. And it's about patience

The more you try to censor something, the more you broadcast it. These cartoons would have faded into obscurity if not for the killings attached to them

If everything is a test, and patience is what's being tested, reigning yourself in and preventing yourself from acting irrationally is a form of worship, so do that

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by nathdim: 11:56am On Oct 30, 2020
Sterope:
You sounded like you did not know why France has lots of minorities especially Muslims to begin with.
France is a dominant Christian nation if you want fairness and equality go start with Saudi Arabia

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by ArewaHero(m): 11:57am On Oct 30, 2020
Dalil8:

But we're insulting the bastard rapist right now. What can you or your fellow head slammers do about that?

Hhhh Internet is your only advantage ,the only place you can vomits your insult,hatred against our prophet Muhammad can you try am offline KIDDO ?
Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by CupOfT(m): 11:57am On Oct 30, 2020
Nobody kills anybody for talking against them only fanatics do. Those are the true enemy of human race not the one who insults. Its funny how I had to attest that I am a Muslim before I was allowed to comment here lol but you guys talk freely in a Christian forum. Hypocrisy. News flash: am not a Muslim!
seguntijan:
"If you talk about Jews, you're anti Semitic.
If you criticize gays, you're homophobic.
If you make fun of colored people, you're racist.
But when you insult our Prophet, you're practicing your right as part of your freedom!

Your freedom ends when you start offending others!"

Sheikh Assim Alhakeem

5 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Austeeenxx: 11:58am On Oct 30, 2020
By all means Prophet Muhammad [SAW] is a fraud.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by ugolinze123(m): 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2020
Arrewa:
All religions have deficiencies in their writings but by large Islam and Christianity is the biggest fraud of them all.

Christianity is the only one that says you must follow Jesus to go to heaven.

What a boatload of TRASH that is.
The same Jesus was son of God and God at the same time - Another fraud.
Jesus was born my immaculate conception - biggest fraud in the bible.
Jesus has been coming back since more than 2000 years ago - Big fraud.

He's dead and he aint coming back. He died just like other human being that had their hearth stopped pumping blood. The rest is just Hollywood fantasy story written by the Romans to control the rest of the world.

Close to 70 PERCENT of the WORLD POPULATION are not even Christians, so you are telling me that they are all going to hell?

Most that are Christians were born into the religion, that means that GOD has already punished about 70 percent of the world when they were born into other religions. I beg save me the trash. That means that God himself is mean by allowing most of the world population to be born into regions where Christianity is not prevalant. I doubt that.

Islam... Why will you fight for Allah when you all know we are going back to him for the final judgement?

Why not face radical Muslims that have turned the Quran upside, killing innocent people and creating terror group and painting your religion black?

If Religion is the answer to human problems, Nigeria would have been a better country by now, considering the times various churches and mosques have fasted and prayed for the nation.

We’ve been praying for the country since I was a kid and it’s obvious the same has been happening before I was born, but instead of a turnaround for the best, it’s been the direct opposite.

My world outlook is to be good to others, and treat people the way you want to be treated. If there's heaven, then you will make it.
Hmmm....your words are very tempting. But I no go fall. Get behind me satan

3 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Apination(m): 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2020
Lukgaf:
Freedom of expression is freedom FROM insult, NOT freedom TO insult!

Each faith community feels a deep-rooted emotional attachment to the symbols and personalities it reveres. Muslims are no different.

The value system of Islam is underpinned by respect and reverence – reverence for the Almighty, for all the Messengers of the Almighty – including the Prophets Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them all), the angels, the holy scriptures, the holy cities, religious symbols and places of worship, and respect for elders, teachers, leaders, religious scholars, parents, the elderly etc.

Depicting images of the Prophet (peace be upon him) is strictly forbidden in Islam. The rationale for the prohibition, inter alia, of depicting the Prophet (peace be upon him) is that he was too sublime to be truly portrayed. Furthermore, attempts at portraying him could result in his image being distorted. There are therefore no records of any authentic image or portrait of him anywhere in the world, from any period of Islamic history, which is a significant point of note.

Any attempt to depict the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in illustration is an attempt to depict the sacrosanct, which is not allowed. The nature of cartoons is to satirise and trivialise. This is clearly not acceptable in the case of a personality who is held in the highest esteem by almost 2 billion people globally.

Irrespective of what the motive is for the repeated publishing and displaying of these blasphemous cartoons – whether for cheap publicity, political gains, deliberate provocation, or due to sheer ignorance – it is grossly offensive and highly insensitive and will always be rejected by all people of morality with the contempt it deserves!

Muslims accept the principle of constructive freedom of expression, but not the freedom to wantonly insult, which is sometimes deviously and deceptively masqueraded as freedom of expression. True freedom of expression is freedom FROM insult, not freedom TO insult! Freedom to insult has ultimately resulted in hatred, bigotry and even destruction. Humour that is disrespectful, insensitive and offensive, is not humour, but is in fact hubris.

But when Muslims object, the stock response is that they do not appreciate freedom of expression. The media and others view this as an infringement of the right of freedom of speech. However, one aspect that is often overlooked is that no right is absolute; there are inherent limitations. Every right is counterbalanced against other rights. Every right has to be exercised with utmost responsibility.
The blatant hypocrisy of certain leaders in the application of freedom of speech is glaringly visible for the world to see! Whilst they harp on the promotion of freedom of speech, they are intolerant of any criticism of themselves or things that are dear to them. So much for freedom of speech!

Muslim leaders and masses would be justifiably outraged and enraged by this act of profanity. This could even precipitate protests and boycotts. The worldwide anger and outpouring of objections has made it amply clear that Muslims will never accept disrespect to the Prophet (peace be upon him) or whatever else is deemed sacred to them. Despite this open provocation, Muslims are urged to follow the noble example of the Holy Prophet (Peace be upon Him) in the kind, tolerant and forgiving manner he dealt with his enemies and continued to invite them to the Path of Guidance.

12 Rabi-ul-Awwal 1442 / 28 October 2020
Darul Ihsan Humanitarian Centre

https://darulihsan.com/index.php/news/item/9002-freedom-of-expression-is-freedom-from-insult-not-freedom-to-insult
Your prophet isn't God, you guys should stop all these nonsense. Stop terrorism and being a terrorist sympathiser using your prophet as an excuse

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 30, 2020
cktheluckyman:

Why did you skip the christians
Is Christianity a religion?
Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by makaveli902: 12:07pm On Oct 30, 2020
seguntijan:
But when you insult our Prophet, you're practicing your right as part of your freedom!

Sheikh Assim Alhakeem

And what do you say about Jews if not Hate?
And nobody calls you homophobic when you criticize gays,
One thing about you Muslims is that anyone that doesn't practice Islam is seen as an enemy and deserves to die.
Islam is really a religion of violence and shit!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 30, 2020
daroz:
But Muslims have freedom to kill non Muslims, right?
Why not go and have your religious right in your Sharia country?
Can you try this in China.
Infact can you even try this in the U.S under Trump?

Anyway, na Europe I blame.
You are just running you shit factory from your cranium typing shit on nairaland. Do you know how many Christians lives and practice their religion in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and United Arab Emirates? God punish some of you that benefit from people and still insult them behind them

1 Like

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by lastempero: 12:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
Dreyton36:

Only God can judge him , who are you to judge

Nobody holy , we all have our flaws so always think positive

Iam not judging him but that say he is a pious man because u are not in d position to do that as well.

1 Like

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by zionzoe(m): 12:15pm On Oct 30, 2020
seguntijan:

Sheikh Assim Alhakeem

4 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Sterope(f): 12:15pm On Oct 30, 2020
Lmao. A christian country? grin

It isn't a Christian country. Maybe culturally Christian but they don't give a damn about Jesus!

nathdim:
France is a dominant Christian nation if you want fairness and equality go start with Saudi Arabia
Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Ebenezer202I: 12:17pm On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:

This bastard of a thousand fathers thinks he can come here and mouth off rubbish.
I can willing give you my address let's meet up and see if you will go back home with your head on your shoulders.
I will tell you that idiots like you who don't know respect will be shown the way out of this world.

If you think again you are a cultist and you think that will scare me think again.
I ready to die today today.

I ready to sacrifice myself so we leave this world together.
see the comments of a so called Muslim.
God punish Mohammed and Allah join together
AsampeteNwaanyi

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by femi4: 12:27pm On Oct 30, 2020
Arrewa:
All religions have deficiencies in their writings but by large Islam and Christianity is the biggest fraud of them all.

He's dead and he aint coming back. He died just like other human being that had their hearth stopped pumping blood. The rest is just Hollywood fantasy story written by the Romans to control the rest of the world.

Close to 70 PERCENT of the WORLD POPULATION are not even Christians, so you are telling me that they are all going to hell?

Most that are Christians were born into the religion, that means that GOD has already punished about 70 percent of the world when they were born into other religions. I beg save me the trash. That means that God himself is mean by allowing most of the world population to be born into regions where Christianity is not prevalant. I doubt that.

Islam... Why will you fight for Allah when you all know we are going back to him for the final judgement?

Why not face radical Muslims that have turned the Quran upside, killing innocent people and creating terror group and painting your religion black?

If Religion is the answer to human problems, Nigeria would have been a better country by now, considering the times various churches and mosques have fasted and prayed for the nation.

We’ve been praying for the country since I was a kid and it’s obvious the same has been happening before I was born, but instead of a turnaround for the best, it’s been the direct opposite.

My world outlook is to be good to others, and treat people the way you want to be treated. If there's heaven, then you will make it.
Religion is the answer, the issue is that we don't practice what we were taught in the holy books.

1 Like

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by tarantino1: 12:48pm On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:

This bastard of a thousand fathers thinks he can come here and mouth off rubbish.
I can willing give you my address let's meet up and see if you will go back home with your head on your shoulders.
I will tell you that idiots like you who don't know respect will be shown the way out of this world.

If you think again you are a cultist and you think that will scare me think again.
I ready to die today today.

I ready to sacrifice myself so we leave this world together.

Seun mynd44 lalasticlala and the rest of the mods will see this comment and do nothing about it but if I insult their useless Mohammed, I’m suddenly the bad person whose post will be deleted.

And since they have the audacity to make me post “my belief in Allah” before I post here, I will counter it by posting the picture of Mohammed kissing his fellow penis wielding counterpart.

Primitive bastards

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 12:51pm On Oct 30, 2020
I get sick anytime I see this type of topic justifying killing for mere cartoon or whatsoever.

Friend22, can a non Muslim go to somewhere... Lets say like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq and some Muslim countries and say international law for such country like in the case of this pictures below without being killed?

5 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by nathdim: 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2020
Sterope:
Lmao. A christian country? grin

It isn't a Christian country. Maybe culturally Christian but they don't give a damn about Jesus!

but at least Christianity is their heritage do you think they are like we Africans that have forgotten their root
Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Sterope(f): 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2020
Heritage they don't give two noodles about.

Liberalism is at the heart of being French. They take it very seriously. They don't care about Jesus. Don't ty to console yourself!

nathdim:
but at least Christianity is their heritage do you think they are like we Africans that have forgotten their root

1 Like

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by achmed1(m): 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2020
Arrewa:

To be honest..I think about this all the time.

Muslims say all non Muslims would go to hell.

Christians have a similar claim

Who is right , who is wrong...
Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by nura15(m): 1:35pm On Oct 30, 2020
Each faith community feels a deep-rooted emotional attachment to the symbols and personalities it reveres. Muslims are no different.

The value system of Islam is underpinned by respect and reverence – reverence for the Almighty, for all the Messengers of the Almighty – including the Prophets Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them all), the angels, the holy scriptures, the holy cities, religious symbols and places of worship, and respect for elders, teachers, leaders, religious scholars, parents, the elderly etc.

Depicting images of the Prophet (peace be upon him) is strictly forbidden in Islam. The rationale for the prohibition, inter alia, of depicting the Prophet (peace be upon him) is that he was too sublime to be truly portrayed. Furthermore, attempts at portraying him could result in his image being distorted. There are therefore no records of any authentic image or portrait of him anywhere in the world, from any period of Islamic history, which is a significant point of note.

Any attempt to depict the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in illustration is an attempt to depict the sacrosanct, which is not allowed. The nature of cartoons is to satirise and trivialise. This is clearly not acceptable in the case of a personality who is held in the highest esteem by almost 2 billion people globally.

Irrespective of what the motive is for the repeated publishing and displaying of these blasphemous cartoons – whether for cheap publicity, political gains, deliberate provocation, or due to sheer ignorance – it is grossly offensive and highly insensitive and will always be rejected by all people of morality with the contempt it deserves!

Muslims accept the principle of constructive freedom of expression, but not the freedom to wantonly insult, which is sometimes deviously and deceptively masqueraded as freedom of expression. True freedom of expression is freedom FROM insult, not freedom TO insult! Freedom to insult has ultimately resulted in hatred, bigotry and even destruction. Humour that is disrespectful, insensitive and offensive, is not humour, but is in fact hubris.

But when Muslims object, the stock response is that they do not appreciate freedom of expression. The media and others view this as an infringement of the right of freedom of speech. However, one aspect that is often overlooked is that no right is absolute; there are inherent limitations. Every right is counterbalanced against other rights. Every right has to be exercised with utmost responsibility.
The blatant hypocrisy of certain leaders in the application of freedom of speech is glaringly visible for the world to see! Whilst they harp on the promotion of freedom of speech, they are intolerant of any criticism of themselves or things that are dear to them. So much for freedom of speech!

Muslim leaders and masses would be justifiably outraged and enraged by this act of profanity. This could even precipitate protests and boycotts. The worldwide anger and outpouring of objections has made it amply clear that Muslims will never accept disrespect to the Prophet (peace be upon him) or whatever else is deemed sacred to them. Despite this open provocation, Muslims are urged to follow the noble example of the Holy Prophet (Peace be upon Him) in the kind, tolerant and forgiving manner he dealt with his enemies and continued to invite them to the Path of Guidance.

12 Rabi-ul-Awwal 1442 / 28 October 2020
Darul Ihsan Humanitarian Centre.

jazakallahu-khairan
Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Moneyboyz: 1:43pm On Oct 30, 2020
OMONGBALI:
Let Muhammad and Allah punish blasphemers by themselves. It makes zero sense to hang or stone your fellow human, a black man like you or anybody for that matter, to death because of a God you have never seen before and a Middle Eastern prophet who probably didn't think much of blacks when he was alive.

No mind them, Mohamed that took black people as slaves during his time.
One ediot would now come and be defending a pedophile.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by nathdim: 1:44pm On Oct 30, 2020
Sterope:
Heritage they don't give two noodles about.

Liberalism is at the heart of being French. They take it very seriously. They don't care about Jesus. Don't ty to console yourself!

me sef don't give a damn about Jesus or mohamned
Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Dalil8: 1:51pm On Oct 30, 2020
ArewaHero:

Hhhh Internet is your only advantage ,the only place you can vomits your insult,hatred against our prophet Muhammad can you try am offline KIDDO ?

Allahu akbar. BOOOOMMMM!

That's the most you can do.

Terrorist!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Sleekfingers: 1:53pm On Oct 30, 2020
nijabazaar:
I blame the French people

Had they shove their spirit of openness and shun every thing Muslim, this nonsense and idiotism wouldn't be a thing for them.

Can anyone behead someone in China without getting nuked to the ground?
The french should expunged all useless muslim fanatics from their land.

How can u escape ur miserable muslim country and enter a country where freedom of expression is a basic right and still have the guts to stab non muslims?

If they so much value their prophet they should all stay in Saudi Arabia or Qatar or Yemen

thunder fire the left balls of jesus......also the terrorist called muhammed who is always straped with bombs......bunch of yeye prophets......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Night Of Majesty (lailatul Quadri) / If A Husband Refuses To Spend On His Wife, Is It Right To Sexually Refuse Him? / Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.