Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! (20248 Views)

“freedom” Of Women Or “freedom” To Men To Enjoy Them? / Justice: Insulting Prophet Muhammad Can Lead You In Jail / Lunar Eclipse: See What The Prophet Instructed Us To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by ednut1(m): 10:41am On Oct 30, 2020
Why not migrate to Saudi or Iran

14 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:42am On Oct 30, 2020
grin
Why do you Muslims Value the prophet (just a man) more than God??

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by crafteck(m): 10:42am On Oct 30, 2020
What one person counts as insult is not necessarily what another person or mohammed himself counts as insult..
Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by mobi99(m): 10:42am On Oct 30, 2020
brothers am a Christian, but if u listen to the under tune of this post , is just to escalate and rebel our togetherness during this trial times in our dear country by those religious biggots... be u Christian or Muslim, humanity has brought us, and one nation gather us together... Christianity is a religion of faith, cus we never saw but we believe, Islam is a religion of peace as portray by prophet Muhammad.. let's not get divided along religious lines... together we will take back what belongs to us, together we will make Naija great again

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Akhirastriver(m): 10:42am On Oct 30, 2020
teebaxy:
IS ISLAM A CULT RELIGION? I HAVE TO ATTEST THAT IM A MUSLIM B4 I CAN COMMENT HERE...BUT WE ARE ALL FREE TO COMMENT ON A CHRISTIAN THREAD ANYHOW
Check the Christian comment ,is it lyk this full of Muslims insulting ur religion? Haba

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Friend22(m): 10:42am On Oct 30, 2020
Draught:

It's OK friend, I just aired my view, the killing is unjust, why can't you condemn that?..

Happy Friday, stay well.

Killing as a result of provocation does not deserve any sort of condemnation.
The teacher knew what he was dealing with.

We don't support killing as a whole,but when you go beyond the allowed limits don't expect apologise from me when one of us is unable to control his rage for disrespecting his belief.

Thanks for the concern.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by daroz(m): 10:42am On Oct 30, 2020

Muslims uniting in terrorism since the year 00BC

I am yet to see a Christian beheading a Muslim because of ordinary cartoon of Jesus, neither have I seen all Christians and Christain nations coming together to support and defend an act of terror carried against any Muslim in the name of Christianity.

Muslims, I fear who no fear una.

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by mdchikezie(m): 10:43am On Oct 30, 2020
inoki247:
so killing should start cos it involves insult..

if you feel insulted there are oda Islamic countries you can migrate to than killing people around just to justify the monster in you...

Well na France u fit try this type of shit go try am For North Korea or China u will sing song...

LET THEM TRY IT IN RUSSIA, MAKE PUTIN FRY THEM LIKE CHICKEN

13 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by inoki247: 10:43am On Oct 30, 2020
cktheluckyman:
I will like to see the hypocrites start boycotting going to France and other Western countries.You cannot claim to be boycotting their goods and at the same time rushing to their countries

Leave dem na dem go wan go Paris also for holiday or wan go school for France... Just like China saying is boycotting US nd na dem plenty pass for immigrant wey dey go school for dere...

6 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Charleys: 10:44am On Oct 30, 2020
Bleep off

16 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by crafteck(m): 10:44am On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:
hypocrite!
We know your type.
It means you never had any parent or you were a born throw way or you are simply sick in the head

It simply means nothing is worth killing for.

5 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Friend22(m): 10:46am On Oct 30, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
grin
Why do you Muslims Value the prophet (just a man) more than God??

You will never know being an outsider.
Is beyond just being a man,he represents the core essense of the religion.
Ridiculing him is like ,ridiculing the laws that prohibits rape ,injustice,caring for the orphans,shunning cheat and so many more virtues embedded in Islaam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Sunsets: 10:47am On Oct 30, 2020
First, I do not believe in this Religion.

Second, you spent more than five paragraphs demonizing 'unchecked' freedom of speech but paid little or no attention to taking laws into our hands, condemnation of the cruel decapitation, premeditated murder and....

Third, you and your likes are cancerous to humanity.

Finally, May pieces be upon you and whomever you follow or that follows you in this murderous venture.
Lukgaf:
Freedom of expression is freedom FROM insult, NOT freedom TO insult!

Each faith community feels a deep-rooted emotional attachment to the symbols and personalities it reveres. Muslims are no different.

The value system of Islam is underpinned by respect and reverence – reverence for the Almighty, for all the Messengers of the Almighty – including the Prophets Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them all), the angels, the holy scriptures, the holy cities, religious symbols and places of worship, and respect for elders, teachers, leaders, religious scholars, parents, the elderly etc.

Depicting images of the Prophet (peace be upon him) is strictly forbidden in Islam. The rationale for the prohibition, inter alia, of depicting the Prophet (peace be upon him) is that he was too sublime to be truly portrayed. Furthermore, attempts at portraying him could result in his image being distorted. There are therefore no records of any authentic image or portrait of him anywhere in the world, from any period of Islamic history, which is a significant point of note.

Any attempt to depict the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in illustration is an attempt to depict the sacrosanct, which is not allowed. The nature of cartoons is to satirise and trivialise. This is clearly not acceptable in the case of a personality who is held in the highest esteem by almost 2 billion people globally.

Irrespective of what the motive is for the repeated publishing and displaying of these blasphemous cartoons – whether for cheap publicity, political gains, deliberate provocation, or due to sheer ignorance – it is grossly offensive and highly insensitive and will always be rejected by all people of morality with the contempt it deserves!

Muslims accept the principle of constructive freedom of expression, but not the freedom to wantonly insult, which is sometimes deviously and deceptively masqueraded as freedom of expression. True freedom of expression is freedom FROM insult, not freedom TO insult! Freedom to insult has ultimately resulted in hatred, bigotry and even destruction. Humour that is disrespectful, insensitive and offensive, is not humour, but is in fact hubris.

But when Muslims object, the stock response is that they do not appreciate freedom of expression. The media and others view this as an infringement of the right of freedom of speech. However, one aspect that is often overlooked is that no right is absolute; there are inherent limitations. Every right is counterbalanced against other rights. Every right has to be exercised with utmost responsibility.
The blatant hypocrisy of certain leaders in the application of freedom of speech is glaringly visible for the world to see! Whilst they harp on the promotion of freedom of speech, they are intolerant of any criticism of themselves or things that are dear to them. So much for freedom of speech!

Muslim leaders and masses would be justifiably outraged and enraged by this act of profanity. This could even precipitate protests and boycotts. The worldwide anger and outpouring of objections has made it amply clear that Muslims will never accept disrespect to the Prophet (peace be upon him) or whatever else is deemed sacred to them. Despite this open provocation, Muslims are urged to follow the noble example of the Holy Prophet (Peace be upon Him) in the kind, tolerant and forgiving manner he dealt with his enemies and continued to invite them to the Path of Guidance.

12 Rabi-ul-Awwal 1442 / 28 October 2020
Darul Ihsan Humanitarian Centre

https://darulihsan.com/index.php/news/item/9002-freedom-of-expression-is-freedom-from-insult-not-freedom-to-insult

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 30, 2020
sick and violent religion

20 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Fash20: 10:48am On Oct 30, 2020
Rilwayne001:
The western hypocrisy is obvious. Freedom of expression should never be freedom to play and hurt people's feelings. These whites are just mad and really taunting. You cannot be deliberate in provoking and taunting other people's freedom and expect a really genuine freedom for yourself, it really doesn't work that way.

Albeit I condemn any form of killings and violence, but these western people are just plain evil with their hypocrisy.

It's their country. You should respect their laws.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by womenareapes: 10:48am On Oct 30, 2020
Lukgaf:
Freedom of expression is freedom FROM insult, NOT freedom TO insult!

Each faith community feels a deep-rooted emotional attachment to the symbols and personalities it reveres. Muslims are no different.

The value system of Islam is underpinned by respect and reverence – reverence for the Almighty, for all the Messengers of the Almighty – including the Prophets Abraham, Noah, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them all), the angels, the holy scriptures, the holy cities, religious symbols and places of worship, and respect for elders, teachers, leaders, religious scholars, parents, the elderly etc.

Depicting images of the Prophet (peace be upon him) is strictly forbidden in Islam. The rationale for the prohibition, inter alia, of depicting the Prophet (peace be upon him) is that he was too sublime to be truly portrayed. Furthermore, attempts at portraying him could result in his image being distorted. There are therefore no records of any authentic image or portrait of him anywhere in the world, from any period of Islamic history, which is a significant point of note.

Any attempt to depict the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in illustration is an attempt to depict the sacrosanct, which is not allowed. The nature of cartoons is to satirise and trivialise. This is clearly not acceptable in the case of a personality who is held in the highest esteem by almost 2 billion people globally.

Irrespective of what the motive is for the repeated publishing and displaying of these blasphemous cartoons – whether for cheap publicity, political gains, deliberate provocation, or due to sheer ignorance – it is grossly offensive and highly insensitive and will always be rejected by all people of morality with the contempt it deserves!

Muslims accept the principle of constructive freedom of expression, but not the freedom to wantonly insult, which is sometimes deviously and deceptively masqueraded as freedom of expression. True freedom of expression is freedom FROM insult, not freedom TO insult! Freedom to insult has ultimately resulted in hatred, bigotry and even destruction. Humour that is disrespectful, insensitive and offensive, is not humour, but is in fact hubris.

But when Muslims object, the stock response is that they do not appreciate freedom of expression. The media and others view this as an infringement of the right of freedom of speech. However, one aspect that is often overlooked is that no right is absolute; there are inherent limitations. Every right is counterbalanced against other rights. Every right has to be exercised with utmost responsibility.
The blatant hypocrisy of certain leaders in the application of freedom of speech is glaringly visible for the world to see! Whilst they harp on the promotion of freedom of speech, they are intolerant of any criticism of themselves or things that are dear to them. So much for freedom of speech!

Muslim leaders and masses would be justifiably outraged and enraged by this act of profanity. This could even precipitate protests and boycotts. The worldwide anger and outpouring of objections has made it amply clear that Muslims will never accept disrespect to the Prophet (peace be upon him) or whatever else is deemed sacred to them. Despite this open provocation, Muslims are urged to follow the noble example of the Holy Prophet (Peace be upon Him) in the kind, tolerant and forgiving manner he dealt with his enemies and continued to invite them to the Path of Guidance.

12 Rabi-ul-Awwal 1442 / 28 October 2020
Darul Ihsan Humanitarian Centre

https://darulihsan.com/index.php/news/item/9002-freedom-of-expression-is-freedom-from-insult-not-freedom-to-insult
just come out plain and said Muhammed (piss be unto him) commanded you people to behead infidel and stop beating around the bush? undecided

but you people can come out and be insulting Christianity and yet we didn't behead you people

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Friend22(m): 10:49am On Oct 30, 2020
inoki247:

Leave dem na dem go wan go Paris also for holiday or wan go school for France... Just like China saying is boycotting US nd na dem plenty pass for immigrant wey dey go school for dere...

Personally, I know more me muslims whom would not go to France or America for anything.
Stop making it appear as if we take the western world as a "Makkah" of some sort.
Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:

Ridiculing him is like ,ridiculing the laws that prohibits rape ,injustice,caring for the orphans,shunning cheat and so many more virtues embedded in Islaam.

your sick religion is a cancer to the world, breeding violent, ignorant animals

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:50am On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:

So he is more important than Allah ?? Is that what you are saying

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Friend22(m): 10:50am On Oct 30, 2020
Fash20:

Do you even know their laws?
Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by JoeEeL(m): 10:50am On Oct 30, 2020
Why Islam is stupiid is because even if you do not deride it but only denounce it publicly, you will still be beheaded cool

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by hotwax: 10:51am On Oct 30, 2020
let one thing be clear, the more you come and say don't insult our prophet, the more people are tempted to insult him more.

Let me drop a line here:

"Mohameed is phedophile who could sleep with a 6 year old girl". I dey my house, come and behead na, I get my own matchet

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by ArewaHero(m): 10:51am On Oct 30, 2020
BeardGangJnr1:
mad people with mad religion undecided
you ara a Madman leaving in a sad life
Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by juventino: 10:52am On Oct 30, 2020
nijabazaar:
I blame the French people

Had they shove their spirit of openness and shun every thing Muslim, this nonsense and idiotism wouldn't be a thing for them.

Can anyone behead someone in China without getting nuked to the ground?
The french should expunged all useless muslim fanatics from their land.

How can u escape ur miserable muslim country and enter a country where freedom of expression is a basic right and still have the guts to stab non muslims?

If they so much value their prophet they should all stay in Saudi Arabia or Qatar or Yemen

shocked grin
Nairalanders no go kill person.

5 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by hotwax: 10:53am On Oct 30, 2020
ArewaHero:
you ara a Madman leaving in a sad life

lolz muslim people and their stupid mohamed..you can insult Jesus if u like...he can fight for himself... grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

18 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Rilwayne001: 10:54am On Oct 30, 2020
Fash20:

It is indeed. But the childish president showing the satire to the whole world is no longer a 'my home my rules' thing again. It was more like rubbing shit on the whole Muslim in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Friend22(m): 10:54am On Oct 30, 2020
hotwax:

if your father is not an idiot, he wont produce a psssy like you. He was stupid to have wasted his energy, sporm, and money to produce you.

dont come here and tell us who we should or should not insult.

I won't insult your father because he deserved better than this bumbling intolerant skunk he produced has a son.

Keep insulting and I hope your oblong shaped head does not get exhausted by the time I am through with you.

Beast of no nation and a demented fool,inept caricature like scoundrel!
Ugly oaf!.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Friend22(m): 10:56am On Oct 30, 2020
Codedone:

your sick religion is a cancer to the world, breeding violent, ignorant animals

He he he lol.
Keep reciting those nursery rhymes it makes you look good and inadequately foolish!
Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by Fash20: 10:56am On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:

Do you even know their laws?

No. I don't. What is their law pls

3 Likes

Re: Insulting The Prophet: Freedom Of Expression Is Freedom FROM Insult, NOT To! by hotwax: 10:57am On Oct 30, 2020
Friend22:

I won't insult your father because he deserved better than this bumbling intolerant skunk he produced has a son.

Keep insulting and I hope your oblong shaped head does not get exhausted by the time I am through with you.

Beast of no nation and a demented fool,inept caricature like scoundrel!
Ugly oaf!.

If I catch that fool wey ejaculated u as sporm, i will give him the beating of his life. I dont have a problem with you. I only have a problem with that scumbag..

Come , lets reason together, we should both agree that he could have used condom instead of pumping u out his thingy.

And I hope you will join me to beat him up

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Night Of Majesty (lailatul Quadri) / If A Husband Refuses To Spend On His Wife, Is It Right To Sexually Refuse Him? / Dr. Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor Praying In Outer Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.