Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,856 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? (10139 Views)

Most Of The Global Layoffs Have Been In Tech / Indians Are Not Joking In Tech See Photo � / Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by wwwtortoise(m): 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

I know absolutely nothing about the listed technologies. Check stack overflow.

Alright.

Thanks all the same.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by Plaouse(m): 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2020
I saw questions on the 2nd page asking for sources to learn Java Script. To beginners that say Java Script is difficult I recommend you try using Grasshopper App

I introduced my self to programming using Grasshopper and it has laid a good foundation for me. If you're learning JavaScript or learned already you can pm me. I'll like to have like-minded people around smiley
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 6:25pm On Nov 15, 2020
Sulele04:

Bro i must say you are spot on.
Blockchain programming is the one of the highest paid programming jobs, i know someone paid about 1m just to build blockchains, but there is very few resources before i could see a good course about blockchain i sweat shocked.
but now I have download solidity and its ide so i am now ready to start learning blockchain programming

Boss please, send me link to the material
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 6:26pm On Nov 15, 2020
Sulele04:

Bro i must say you are spot on.
Blockchain programming is the one of the highest paid programming jobs, i know someone paid about 1m just to build blockchains, but there is very few resources before i could see a good course about blockchain i sweat shocked.
but now I have download solidity and its ide so i am now ready to start learning blockchain programming
Abeg
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 6:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
africanman85:
I'm a real novice to programming. Were can I start from JavaScript ?
My best advice, go to udemy pay our look for a way to get novice to ninja by netninja. Spend 8-10 hrs daily you won't regret my friend

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 6:38pm On Nov 15, 2020
ayomikuolatunji:
I just started Javascript last week. It is tough to practice and become perfect. I downloaded upto 20 videos with length more than 8hrs that is I have upto 100hrs videos on my pc. I just mastermind html and CSS... So I decided to start Javascript my first programming language to learn. Please how can I learn it? As I am typing now, I have sitted with my pc since 9am till now....
Very simple. If you wanna be good just go this. Download net ninja modern Javascript course from novice to ninja. Finish the course. Don't look else where just finsh it and you won't regret it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by Sulele04(m): 8:38pm On Nov 15, 2020
CELEBRITIZ:

Abeg
go to www.dappuniversity.com/bootcamp for the full solidity and blockchain course it is free.
also i want to ask you do you any have programming xperience.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by sdqumar(m): 9:07am On Nov 17, 2020
This quite and eye opener and interesting thread, am also kinda new to Web dev, learning react and wordpress currently. I was actually in a kinda of dilemma to learn wordpress development or not, but with information I just learned here I will definitely learn wordpress dev.
Let me share some good javascript resources I have used when learning javascript.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1I--lhLoSVGyaCFme1s4rdbPvsv4pycv
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2020
CELEBRITIZ:

Very simple. If you wanna be good just go this. Download net ninja modern Javascript course from novice to ninja. Finish the course. Don't look else where just finsh it and you won't regret it
thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by plat0: 6:41pm On Nov 22, 2020

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by africanman85: 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2020
CELEBRITIZ:

My best advice, go to udemy pay our look for a way to get novice to ninja by netninja. Spend 8-10 hrs daily you won't regret my friend
Do u have a CV sample of self thought programmer? Pls I need it
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by VersatileVee: 2:26am On Dec 14, 2020
Regex:

Pm me so I'd give you a book to start on for free.
Boss please I'll also need it...here's my WhatsApp digit; 09031998909
Thanks!
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by Unclesmart12: 8:44am On Dec 17, 2020
Mehn this thread is an eye opener, I'm done with HTML and CSS though I've not been coding for some months cos my laptop crashed, I've gotten another one now but I dont know where to start.
For WordPress and shopify do I need to learn JavaScript or should I jump straight to learning them?? I'm broke and saw hell trying to get a laptop so I need something I can be earning from soon while I develop by the side.
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by bularuz(m): 8:45am On Dec 17, 2020
Nice thread, truly IT is dynamic
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:58am On Dec 17, 2020
Lalasticala this thread never reach to make front page. People are all learning to code but doing it wrongly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by lordally(m): 10:45am On Dec 17, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Lalasticala this thread never reach to make front page. People are all learning to code but doing it wrongly.

I tire ooo if na Breast and yansh na...e go reach the uppermost part of the FRONT PAGE

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by CrownWale93(m): 3:34am On Dec 18, 2020
You've convinced me enough to drop web,app designing for wordpress,shopify & co. With your write up.

Kindly help me on how to go about. I know nothing about WordPress & shopify presently and I will like you to tutor me.

May I have your Watsapp digit if you wouldn't mind?
tensazangetsu20:
I started this thread because of the other thread a nairalander made about monetizing his skills.

Most people who learn programming start this way. HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React or angular or Vue and Node or python and Django. This are all great technologies but there aren't any easy to make money with. Getting a job with the MERN stack nowadays isn't easy. Node only powers 0.9 percent of websites globally and yet everyone wants to learn it. Hng internship everyone wanted Nodejs. 90 percent of the tech industry still uses relational and MySQL databases yet people are killing themselves over nosql databases like MongoDB and of recently graphql.

If you look on the freelance market, Upwork, Fiverr, freelancer et al and also look at the general job market you would see that there aren't that many opportunities for those stacks. The thing that gives people money, the things a junior developer can start to use to put money in their pocket isn't taught. Go and look up WordPress plugin development from youtube and there's just like two videos that explain the process. If you really want to get deeper into that, get ready to read your eyes out on the WordPress documentation. It's also the same thing with WordPress theme development. Magento is also another hot area. The largest E commerce platform in the world yet it's not taught anywhere. Shopify isn't also taught anywhere. Shopify uses liquid as its own programming language base. When was the last time you heard about this or saw anyone teaching or using it. Even the resources to learn these stuffs are very scanty.

I am presently working on a Shopify website and instead of coding a review page, I recommended to the client that we buy an app that does the same thing from the Shopify store. Would you believe a Shopify app which is basically just a JavaScript touch carousel that displays your reviews on your home page has 5 dollar monthly subscription with more than 10000 users. The theme the client is using. I had to rewrite most of the CSS. He bought it for 200 USD. I wonder how the theme was even accepted on Shopify. I mean this guys are banking low key and this are technologies no one talks about or even looks at. Everyone is MERN stack, MERN stack. If you mention WordPress they fit kill you or remove your head. Why does the tech industry hide where people can make money from men?
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:26am On Dec 18, 2020
CrownWale93:
You've convinced me enough to drop web,app designing for wordpress,shopify & co. With your write up.

Kindly help me on how to go about. I know nothing about WordPress & shopify presently and I will like you to tutor me.

May I have your Watsapp digit if you wouldn't mind?
How are you gonna learn wordpress and Shopify without the basics? By WordPress and Shopify I am talking about advance things like building wordpress themes and plugins and building Shopify apps and themes. You need your HTML, CSS, JavaScript and one React Framework. For wordpress you need PHP and for Shopify you need ruby on rails. There's no shortcuts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by CrownWale93(m): 10:31am On Dec 18, 2020
OK sir, now I get you. Pls may I have your Watsapp digit for better communication?
tensazangetsu20:

How are you gonna learn wordpress and Shopify without the basics? By WordPress and Shopify I am talking about advance things like building wordpress themes and plugins and building Shopify apps and themes. You need your HTML, CSS, JavaScript and one React Framework. For wordpress you need PHP and for Shopify you need ruby on rails. There's no shortcuts.
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by Darey00(m): 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Thanks for this insightful thread OP.

I was also in the HNG Internship and it seemed the whole world is now Node.js crazy.

I checked the prerequisites for WordPress development and I have experience in the required skills

HTML/CSS
JavaScript/jQuery
AJAX
PHP

Will see aw that pans out too. Man must chop
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 24, 2020
tensazangetsu20

What's up, how far have you gone with making wordpress themes with react? Its something I actually want to look into.
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by Segom: 8:24am On Dec 24, 2020
CHIMDIYA4EVA:
tensazangetsu20

What's up, how far have you gone with making wordpress themes with react? Its something I actually want to look into.
Very easy to achieve

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 24, 2020
Segom:

Very easy to achieve

Really...Any pointers?
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by Johnwick64: 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2020
Please can I create themes and plugins with html and css
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by CELEBRITIZ(m): 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2021
Sulele04:

go to www.dappuniversity.com/bootcamp for the full solidity and blockchain course it is free.
also i want to ask you do you any have programming xperience.
Yes i have a programming experience
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by Temiyaks28: 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2021
Regex:

Pm me so I'd give you a book to start on for free.
I also need the book. I'm just starting
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by Regex: 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2021
Temiyaks28:

Mail me.
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by Regex: 4:15pm On Jan 05, 2021
Temiyaks28:

Message me
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 01, 2021
tensazangetsu20

Hello after seeing your posts on the upwork thread and now this one, I believe you have just changed my mind from becoming an application dev to learning magneto and WordPress.

Am currently a freelance writer and as a CSC student I want to become a programmer, please can you mentor me on learning platform maintenance and design like Magento and WordPress
Re: Why Is It That The Things That Give Money In Tech Are Always Hidden? by ProfAmaben(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I started this thread because of the other thread a nairalander made about monetizing his skills.

Most people who learn programming start this way. HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React or angular or Vue and Node or python and Django. This are all great technologies but there aren't any easy to make money with. Getting a job with the MERN stack nowadays isn't easy. Node only powers 0.9 percent of websites globally and yet everyone wants to learn it. Hng internship everyone wanted Nodejs. 90 percent of the tech industry still uses relational and MySQL databases yet people are killing themselves over nosql databases like MongoDB and of recently graphql.

If you look on the freelance market, Upwork, Fiverr, freelancer et al and also look at the general job market you would see that there aren't that many opportunities for those stacks. The thing that gives people money, the things a junior developer can start to use to put money in their pocket isn't taught. Go and look up WordPress plugin development from youtube and there's just like two videos that explain the process. If you really want to get deeper into that, get ready to read your eyes out on the WordPress documentation. It's also the same thing with WordPress theme development. Magento is also another hot area. The largest E commerce platform in the world yet it's not taught anywhere. Shopify isn't also taught anywhere. Shopify uses liquid as its own programming language base. When was the last time you heard about this or saw anyone teaching or using it. Even the resources to learn these stuffs are very scanty.

I am presently working on a Shopify website and instead of coding a review page, I recommended to the client that we buy an app that does the same thing from the Shopify store. Would you believe a Shopify app which is basically just a JavaScript touch carousel that displays your reviews on your home page has 5 dollar monthly subscription with more than 10000 users. The theme the client is using. I had to rewrite most of the CSS. He bought it for 200 USD. I wonder how the theme was even accepted on Shopify. I mean this guys are banking low key and this are technologies no one talks about or even looks at. Everyone is MERN stack, MERN stack. If you mention WordPress they fit kill you or remove your head. Why does the tech industry hide where people can make money from men?

Graphql is not a database like MongoDB, it is just a query similar to RestfulAPI to pass data across servers or computers. Who misinformed you about the jobs that come with Node?

Node is really hot right now, although mature technologies like PHP Laravel still top the game, most startups are using node cos of it's lightweight nature and speed.

Stop bashing MERN or discouraging people from learning it, you've not created any.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Working Long Hours / LEARN ETHICAL HACKING,TIPS AND TRICKS / Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.