Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada (108323 Views)

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / What Is The Best Country In The World For Nigerians To Relocate To And Why? / Should I Build A House Or Relocate With 7m Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by Nobody: 1:45am On Oct 31, 2020
luvlyoracle:
hello...pls am interested
God will help us all but be careful
E get why

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by luvlyoracle(m): 1:47am On Oct 31, 2020
ZIINI:

God will help us all but be careful
E get why
Thanks. smiley
Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by Obierika(m): 1:50am On Oct 31, 2020
CalvinGaye:
The Isle of man.

Very cool place, endowed with Natural beauty.

Great standard of living, tax Haven.

Look at his dirty stinking mouth.

Someone reading what this buffoon wrote will think he has been to that region before meanwhile fool writing this rubbish is holed of in dingy one-room apartment in Abakpa, an economically depressed part of Enugu State!

4 Likes

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by Nobody: 1:50am On Oct 31, 2020
Or11:

Stop chatting shit. Finland, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands and Japan requires him to learn their language. It's not advisable. I have been in a non English speaking country for four years and I never learn the language.
Go and sleep, my Ghanaian IT TUTOR, schooled and worked in Finland for years came back to his home country to set up businesses for himself and family because he had more plans for himself and family, added teaching as an extra source of income..
Those countries you mentioned you have to be good enough in other for you to work with them because their literate level is very high.
I have seen some native not of German natives who can't speak fluently but work with German companies. So you will say because someone can't speak German he can't play in German league aka Bundesliga.. (if you are good in what you do, you can fit in)
The problem with most of you people in Nigeria especially on nairaland platform, is that most aren't exposed enough..

8 Likes

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 1:59am On Oct 31, 2020
Coolhuy:
Good day guys
This is very important . Please I need an honest answer.
Can someone in Nigeria apply for student visa to Uk and get it if He has had a criminal court case before, pleaded guilty and was fine.
Will he get the visa and also job in Uk?
Thank you
Trust me, Nigeria doesn't remember you had a criminal court case. Your file no longer exist and your name in not registered anywhere as a criminal.
You are as clean and a blank slate.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by Chrisdolz19865: 2:04am On Oct 31, 2020
Angrykidd:
I actually have a white friend in Australia,an aboriginal. He's a music producer,I am too and he desperately wants me to migrate to Australia in 5 to 7yrs time,all expenses on him as he works and is doing fine. Dude has bought me a midi controller,sent me a phone and sends me money from time to time. We are very very close.
I made a post on my other account asking for help on what to do and if my music production skill will be enough,especially if the guy builds his own studio and record label within 5yrs time,registers it as a legal corporate business and employs me or if I still need to acquire some IT skills like web and app development,graphics designing,etc, but the post wasn't moved to front page,I therefore realised asking these kinda questions here are fruitless and a complete waste of time.
Instead try searching for reasonable answers on quora,Reddit,etc...
Imagine some asses up there asking the op to migrate to Burundi or Mali..smh
Hey please I'd love to know the means he sends you money, cos my mom has been having issues sending me money here in Nigeria from Australia and it's really messing things up , I await your response
Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by planetx: 2:05am On Oct 31, 2020
OK2NVME:

Canada is crap.

Very expensive especially food and rent . Couple that with high taxes and you will be slugging and wasting away serving the state.

US or bust. If it comes to migrating out of Africa. No other place on Earth has so much to offer.

One state no pay you, then move to a more tax or business friendly state.

Avoid blue states by all means. They will tax you dry and they have the highest cost of living plus huge crime issues. Head Midwest to New Hampshire or better yet Texas.

Avoid New York, New Jersey , California, Baltimore, Minnesota , Seattle and the deep South and you will be ok.
New Hampshire is not in the Midwest, Baltimore and Seattle are not states. Stop giving advice on what you have no clue about.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by AMvanquish: 2:07am On Oct 31, 2020
babakb:

All the Caribbean countries don't really have much to offer except you become a citizen.

With 150,000 USD you can buy citizenship there so that you enjoy visa free status to all Europe, and other developed countries.

So thats how much Diezani spent. Hmmm.

1 Like

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by dontbothermuch: 2:09am On Oct 31, 2020
Pesb:
Finland, Denmark, Netherlands, Ireland, Australia, new Zealand & Japan
Norway, Iceland
Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by planetx: 2:20am On Oct 31, 2020
ZIINI:

You can live like a boss in Nigeria where SARS will harass you,no stable electricity and you will use the sound of your mikano gen to disturb others,you can lose your life on the road cause of pot-holes,no quality health care,scarcity of food,theifs will come one evening and carry your hard earned 360m away when you call police they will tell you they got no fuel or gas,
You can't travel interstate cause they will kidnap your ass
Kekereekun123 uploaded a picture of him coming back from work at around 11pm
You won't dare stay out to long like that Here in Nigeria
having that kind of money and still living in this shithole is just like you don't have it
The money is much but it worth it
Reason am bro.
You are dumb and an illiterate if you think giving the US government $900k is worth just having a US passport. 99% of Americans will never see $900k till they die and you are saying because of electricity, Sars bla bla someone should go and dash US government $900k because America is heaven.

18 Likes

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by teabully(m): 2:24am On Oct 31, 2020
Stephenmoka4:

OP reason Australia

Portugal

New Zealand

Norway

You can also consider buying a passport (citizenship by investment)
Norway
Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by KenModi(m): 2:32am On Oct 31, 2020
Okika123:

you don't want to learn it

Don’t mind dat one. Something his fellow Africans go there and learn within two years.
Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by Danisaint112(m): 2:32am On Oct 31, 2020
Or11:

English is spoken in the other countries too but fluency in the language is a requirement to get a job unless for some cleaning jobs or expat jobs.

Dude have you been in Finland I know Nigerians in Finland who are crushing it bigtime in Finland

1 Like

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by being(m): 2:34am On Oct 31, 2020
When you say best to relocate to, why not draw up factors that make a country good for family relocation and probably put the factors in order of preference. And you need to do this for yourself because what matters to you might not matter to others. Like learning a new language might be an issue for you but it's not for some. Though you really can't know some factors until people point them out to you.

Some factors include: racism, ease of immigrants getting good jobs, purchasing power, security, culture, language, weather, natural disasters, ease of getting papers

6 Likes

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by KenModi(m): 2:37am On Oct 31, 2020
Or11:

Stop chatting shit. Finland, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands and Japan requires him to learn their language. It's not advisable. I have been in a non English speaking country for four years and I never learn the language.

Chai! See as shame dey catch me for you. Languages that your fellow Africans can understand within two years and in their third year they start speaking fluently. I am a living testimony to that.

And you are here bragging that after four years you can’t speak a foreign language. I can bet there are Africans in that same country who speak that language fluently after four years or even less.

As someone said, its just simply you who doesn’t want to learn the language.

4 Likes

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by KenModi(m): 2:41am On Oct 31, 2020
Gerrard59:

Apparently, you never liked the country enough or saw yourself residing there for a long time. It is entirely your fault, after all, they are people (Nigerians inclusive) who learn a foreign language while in their home countries and excel at it due to sheer interest and love for the country. Before you say it could be French or German, rather, they are Japanese, Chinese and Korean.

Well said. I have seen Nigerians speak foreign languages enn, fear catch me as dem dey flow; due to interest and commitment to learning it as it boost their chances of better jobs and a better life in the country.

5 Likes

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by Nobody: 2:57am On Oct 31, 2020
Or11:

It's obvious that you don't like the country or don't see yourself staying there for a long time, or your kind of job doesn't require you speak too much language. But whatever the case, I'll advice that you start learning the language. Because you really don't want to not speak their language even after staying for 4 years. Not good!
Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:00am On Oct 31, 2020
Sheney:

How can this work
What's your profession, first?

Providence, Rhode Island, best designed for medical & law fields.

$750/month full accommodation- applicable to most Southern States- Texas and the rest.

Religious background, also a factor that may twitch to your favor, if you know.

Look into Sweden. Easier. Boras, Gothenburg & Stockholm, stocked with other nationals mostly from Africa.

Prerequisites are the three 'P's.
1. Personality
2. Person
3. Papers.

Make sure the three factors, neatly relate and knitted with no discrepancies.

Visa logic: relax. If you have any lil' child, smartly dress him/her and take the child along with you to the interview as (Psychological distraction)
It keys most times.

Solve contact issue abroad before visit to embassy. ( Contact may guarantee accommodation & logistic)

During appointment to briefly deviate & talk silly things which trip the visa personnel, often:

A. Pets- dogs & cats breed
B. Sports
C. Volunteerism
D. Green energy & climate change.

Good luck.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by Nobody: 3:04am On Oct 31, 2020
Savagethe21st:
Mynd44, lalasticlala i mistakenly clicked i believe in mohammed. Help me remove it from my profile
Me too oo. Please remove from my profile
Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by Nobody: 3:05am On Oct 31, 2020
shegzhkn:
You can go to any country right now infact including any failed jungle in the middle east but don't go to the US even if you have the means.

But why not the US?
Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by Nobody: 3:12am On Oct 31, 2020
Prechgold1180:
Burundi and Mali but the language barrier is one problem
Getting Burundi Visa is a lil bit hard

No be every country be Abroad oo. E better to stay inside Nigeria than to go to some of these countries you are mentioning.

2 Likes

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by Nobody: 3:16am On Oct 31, 2020
toprealman:

So this is assuming everyone have same ability as you ......but that's not the case bro.
In 3 months determined minds can learn any language.

Don't be too over zealous. 3 months is not realistic to fully learn a language especially if you knew absolutely nothing before you started. But if you put the effort, you will definitely be better after 3 months.

However, it's too bad that after 4 years the guy still never learn. Too bad!

2 Likes

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by toprealman: 3:21am On Oct 31, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

Don't be too over zealous. 3 months is not realistic to fully learn a language especially if you knew absolutely nothing before you started. But if you put the effort, you will definitely be better after 3 months.

However, it's too bad that after 4 years the guy still never learn. Too bad!
Uncle people learn German in Lagos within 6 months and
pass the needed language exam to start Uni in Germany. Never underestimate the ability of a determined mind.
Forget about being realistic, just push man and make it real!

4 Likes

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by Nobody: 3:24am On Oct 31, 2020
toprealman:

Uncle people learn German in Lagos within 6 months and
pass the needed language exam to start Uni in Germany. Never underestimate the ability of a determined mind.
Forget about being realistic, just push man and make it real!

6 months not 3 months. 3 month is not realistic to learn a completely new language. I'm telling you from experience and that of so many other people.

In 3 months, you might write better, you might read better. But listening and speaking are not skills you will pick in 3 month especially if you knew absolutely nothing before you started.

However, after 4 years of living in a non English country, one should have a decent fluency in the language. I'm highly disappointed in that guy that has stayed 4 years and still hasn't learned the language. Too bad!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by Frankiecrenshaw: 3:25am On Oct 31, 2020
SoliBayNG:

Do you think you can relocate if you aren't a millionaire? Everyone is aware, so no need coming at him like that. Plus, you make it sound like it's easier in other countries than SA.
bros u have to be a multimillionaire to get it right in SA. You wan compare Canada and SA in terms of opportunities? Try they think na.. no where easy but some are definitely harder than.

1 Like

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by BigBrother9ja: 4:15am On Oct 31, 2020
Savagethe21st:
big fo.ol i could deactivate my acc
Hypocritical fo..ol. you are a coward if you don't deactivate it.
May that declaration continues to haunt you.
He diot.
Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by Ykc2(m): 4:34am On Oct 31, 2020
So you think you will just pack ur family and relocate?if is easy you wont meet anybody again in naija

6 Likes

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by psalmuelwater(m): 4:40am On Oct 31, 2020
Sweden. Masters scholarships 100% free.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by ussv: 4:42am On Oct 31, 2020
We4all:

Pls, I would like an insight on how u pulled this off. I know so many people do this, but let me hear from you.

What was the duration of your visiting visa?

What did u do when it expired since you didn't leave before?

Were u able to work with the visiting visa?

I presume you have your residence visa now. So, how long did it take you to acquire it.

The visiting visa is usually two years but you are given around six months stay at the airport
I started work the 3rd day after i arrived . I got a security job which is everly available alongside care giver job even on your first day in America if someone has it pre planned for you. In the state i went, California, jobs is readily available to immigrants without paper under the table, its just not the same with pay with those that have paper. At a point, i had two jobs, one as a security guard and the other as a caregiver
I later applied for asylum with my family around 4 months into my stay, and to the glory of god, we were granted asylum , and that is how i got my green card the following year and citizenship 5 years later.
Asylum is not usually smooth for everybody, but regardless of whether you are given or not, deportation is rare unless you put hand for bad business or commit felonious crimes
Of Course you can rent apartment with visiting visa, in some places in houston texas and hawthorne california. Especially in hawthorne california, there are several apartment owners and managers that rent out apartment to immigrants, all you need to do is to prove to them that you work by showing them your paycheck. Infact, most apartment owners praise Nigerians because they say we don't owe rent like others. They see us as hustlers.

Can one rent an apartment on a visiting visa?

Any other useful tips will be appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by purplerope: 4:46am On Oct 31, 2020
How to Move or Relocate to New Zealand

Thousands of people from around the world head out to New Zealand every year in order to live and work there, making the country a popular expat destination. This InterNations GO! guide offers advice on moving to New Zealand, including information on the economy, visa regulations, and more.
Relocating to New Zealand

At a Glance:

New Zealand was among the best performing industrialized economies in 2016, but also one of the most expensive countries as a result of their reliance on international trade.

The country’s bigger cities are most popular with expats, especially Auckland, Christchurch, and the capital Wellington.

Finding a job as an expert in New Zealand can be quite challenging, but if your field of expertise is on the government’s skills shortage list you’ll be in high demand.

Depending on your country of origin, you may be able to travel to New Zealand as a temporary visitor without a visa for up to 3 months. Taking up any kind of employment, however, requires a work permit.

If you are a highly skilled worker, you could be granted permission to settle as a permanent resident. The three requirements are good health, good character, and good English language skills.

New Zealand remains a popular destination for potential expatriates, and many of those considering a move to New Zealand are attracted by the country’s high quality of living, welcoming attitude towards foreigners, and spectacular scenery.

New Zealand has long been popular among those who appreciate the great outdoors. The diverse natural attractions range from beautiful coasts and beaches, to vast forests, deep blue lakes, active volcanoes, and majestic glaciers. Enjoying nature’s beauty will be part of your everyday life in New Zealand. But rest assured: If you are not a fan of bungee jumping, hiking, or paragliding, there will still be plenty of other ways to enjoy yourself after moving there.

Thriving on Tourism and International Trade

The strongest sectors in New Zealand are agriculture, food and beverages, health, and knowledge-intensive services. There are great job opportunities for expats moving to New Zealand, especially for those with strong professional skills in these fields. In addition, tourism plays a vital role in New Zealand’s economy and positively affects other sectors, for example hospitality. The manufacturing and high-tech sectors, on the other hand, are relatively small.

Even though exporting agricultural products and tourism are very profitable, they make the country highly dependent on international trade. China for example, is the top export customer for New Zealand, primarily importing dairy and wood products. Fluctuations in the Chinese economy therefore have a big impact on New Zealand, though China’s growth rate is set to continue its recovery in 2017.

Finding Your Dream Job in New Zealand

Finding a job is not particularly easy in New Zealand, especially for foreign workers. Nevertheless, for those who not only have the required skills but also the right amount of determination, finding employment in New Zealand is still an attainable goal.

The number of people in the labor force has grown over the last couple of years, and this has had a positive benefit on New Zealand’s’ economy. The unemployment rate has been stable and is currently at 5.2%. According to the International Monetary Fund, New Zealand ranks 35th worldwide in terms of GDP per capita. Most of the population have a moderate income and expat salaries might be lower than you expect. On the other hand, the cost of living is also likely to be lower than your home country.

Expat Destinations: From Countryside to City

Unless expats are moving to New Zealand specifically to enjoy the solitude of the country’s wilderness, like 90% of the country’s population they will most likely end up living in one of the bigger cities.

The majority of expatriates moving to New Zealand make Auckland or Wellington their home — two of the country’s largest cities, which are both continually ranked among the world’s most livable cities in international surveys. In 2016, Auckland was voted the 3rd most livable city according to the Mercer Quality of Living Survey, taking into consideration factors such as safety, education, hygiene, healthcare, and the environment

For Step-By-Step details on How To Painlessly Relocate, Work and Live In New Zealand Without Going Through Any Travel Agent, WhatsApp me
080&39$23$21&71

1 Like

Re: Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada by Habinibi: 5:22am On Oct 31, 2020
vickydevoka:

Brain de different. One 6 month I start understanding Germany
Sir/Ma how did you do it. I also want to travel to Germany, pls what is the cheapest means to travel to Germany.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Why Most Nigerians Go To Malaysia Instead Of Europe And America / Lockdown: My Visit To Street Market In Greece (photos) / 5 Forbidden Places You Are Not Allowed To Visit

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.