Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand (64690 Views)

Which Smartphone Brand Is Your Favorite And Why? / Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? / The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Mihaug(m): 9:49am On Oct 31, 2020
lichocho:
na dia one Nd only iPhone u disgrace like dis oooo..dis life no balance

Lol, As i didn't have any use for it nko? grin
Me sha i no fire shots at those wey gbadu am, everybody get their preference
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Ahmedona: 9:51am On Oct 31, 2020
Mihaug:
iphone na efizzy, e no near wetin android phones fit do, I use my Samsung android for my work (designing, forex trading, photoshopping, editing, typing etc), and many other things,

i was gifted an iPhone 11 recently, I jus put simcard leave am dia for like a month, after my sister returned from school, she carry am waka go

Just say you no sabi use am. Because I no know Wetin your Android fit do wey iPhone no go do..��‍♂️��‍♂️

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Ibime(m): 9:52am On Oct 31, 2020
Joshmodest:
People I know using xiaomi in Nigeria are not up to 6 abi na Asian users give them this number ??

I use Xiaomi. They offer the best performance in the low budget range

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Vacora(m): 9:52am On Oct 31, 2020
HisExcellence:
Apple should fall off from the list.
As the study said a few days earlier, apple products are only to lure in sluts on dating sites.
And they confirmed it with no charger.
Serves them right, monopolistic evil reptiles.

Iphone user thief your babe? Talk true?The hate from your post is comical. Sluts to dating sites and monopolistic reptiles? You are hilarious undecided
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Psychedelia(m): 9:54am On Oct 31, 2020
Nerro042:
This will be good news for Apple haters. Although Apple is a brand oriented company they do not flood the market with cheap midrange products that is why they have a loyal fan base like oneplus. If they did produce many midrange phones, they'll be number one till eternity because trust me majority will buy because of the apple logo on the back. Well iphone is more than just a phone. It's a way of life.

LMFAO!
Uncle... OnePlus, Oppo, Vivo and RealMe are ALL ONE AND THE SAME. Na one company (BBK Electronics) get them, and they cater to different levels.
I hope you can see Vivo there, just directly under Apple. That's OnePlus, actually.

Don't play yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Mihaug(m): 9:54am On Oct 31, 2020
IAMPEDRO:
Where can I download app for designing like the Photoshop app, can it work perfectly on Android?

The trick bro is to Google search best apps for editing, logo creation, video editing, you name it. Check the top 3 apps and their reviews/ratings. Then after, Google search the pro/mod version of the app and download its apk.

If u download d app from playstore u will be bombarded with ads, and still have to pay for the pro version.

Google bro, google
IAMPEDRO:
Where can I download app for designing like the Photoshop app, can it work perfectly on Android?

The trick bro is to Google search best apps for editing, logo creation, video editing, you name it. Check the top 3 apps and their reviews/ratings. Then after, Google search the pro/mod version of the app and download its apk.

If u download d app from playstore u will be bombarded with ads, and still have to pay for the pro version.

Google bro, google wink
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by KrazyDave16(m): 9:56am On Oct 31, 2020
Mihaug:

Yeah, IPhone display Mad oo, right from time. Their camera dope too. Those r d only things i love abt them
Na Samsung be their supplier then and now.

LG joined Samsung with supplying screens with the iPhone 12 lineups.

Camera angle... Apart from portrait shots e end there for me.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 31, 2020
Turn the paper, its written at the back

elvischukie:
please I can't find infinix and tecno on the list grin grin

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Mihaug(m): 9:57am On Oct 31, 2020
Ahmedona:

Just say you no sabi use am. Because I no know Wetin your Android fit do wey iPhone no go do..��‍♂️��‍♂️

I used it... It was boring....
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Poloyanabo2(m): 9:58am On Oct 31, 2020
Tinyemeka:

3 Chinese brands now occupy 2nd, 3rd and 5th rankings of mobile phone global shipments.

It could be safe to say that China produces half of all phones used in the world.
China produces the IPhone-foxconn

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by KrazyDave16(m): 10:00am On Oct 31, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Name of the group? or link to the group if you can
Search for LG G8X india.

To get a better idea, join any of the biggest telegram groups (OnePlus, Realme, Oppo and Xiaomi) and you'll get to know more about any device under these.
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by emae009(m): 10:05am On Oct 31, 2020
jikins:

Lets be realistic and stop all this ground standing you have been doing all over this thread. Apple sales have been declining for years. This is not sole based on covid19. They had the second biggest market share. Then Huawei overtook them. Now Xiaomi has. I can tell you that the brass at apple inc if they are smart they need to be very worried.

Things like these don't inspire confidence in investors. There is a reason Samsung is at the top and by a considerable margin, after so many years. They have what Apple has, which is the brand. But more importantly they are flexible in the market. Especially when they know there is profit to be made at every price level. Samsung wasn't a major player in mid range phones until recently. I am pretty sure the rise of Xiaomi was one of the reasons they had to consider it. And it is why they are still no 1 today. Making mad buck from their phone branch. More than anyone else.

Being flexible and keeping with the times is the best market strategy. Apple are rigid in their ways. And its only helping the competition. Say what you will about dates when phones were released or covid19. The truth is when apple were at their best marketshare wise, these situations won't have made them drop in ranking.

A decline in market share isn't something you just excuse away if you are a smart business man. Calculating actual profit just to ease your ego doesn't change the real reality. Which is fall in market shares. For those of us who really follow these phone brands market shares, we all knew it was only a matter of time for xiaomi to overtake apple. Yes probably covid19 sped things up. But its been a long time coming.

The fact that apple haven't still made changes on the price level of phones they make is very alarming. But say what you want to say, the truth is no one in apple inc is thrilled about this news. Its a blow definitely.

To think years ago Samsung and Apple were fighting for dominance in the phone industry. Now Samsung are miles ahead.

Apple only sells flagship phones. When Samsung was fighting with Apple for market dominance was when the midrange market and level entry wasn't this prominent. The rise of Chinese OEM brought about the rise of the midrange and entry level smartphones.
Samsung adapted hence why they are #1.
Apple doesn't sell midrange or entry level phones. It shows because more and more people are buying midrange phones over flagship doesn't mean Apple is losing. it's just not their target market. which was the reason for my IPhone SE 2020 example, it cost $400 but it's design is outdated but it's the 5th most bought phone in 2020. Imagine if Apple has a phone for entry level, midrange, flagship killers market.
When they tried it first with the IPhone 5C, the phone wasn't that we'll received within the IPhone community because it didn't have that premium quality that Apple usually deliver on their phone since then they haven't done that again.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by amstamon: 10:05am On Oct 31, 2020
sagieramos:

Actually, S20 ultra senior mi 10 ultra because of the latest SD chipset in s20 ultra. Na s20 mi10 ultra senior
It's not by price bro, mi 10 ultra is way higher and faster than Samsung S20 ultra
https://www.antutu.com/en/ranking/rank1.htm

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by charli5(m): 10:06am On Oct 31, 2020
Rareoil:

Xiaomi sells $700-$800 dollar smartphone , same with Samsung.

Xiaomi, Huawei and Samsung sell most of their phones in competitive markets like India and china something Apple can't do.

The $2 trillion apple has in the bank, doesn't change the fact that iPhone sales are reducing.

Forget the 3rd quarter result check the whole year result apple is still number 2 after Samsung when it comes to phones sales. Also don’t forget iPhone 11 and 11 pro are last year products and still selling. Check again the last quarter results you will be shocked by iPhones sales from iPhone 12.

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Mrquote: 10:09am On Oct 31, 2020
elvischukie:
please I can't find infinix and tecno on the list grin grin
Didn't you see others?
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Cmanforall: 10:13am On Oct 31, 2020
Joshmodest:
People I know using xiaomi in Nigeria are not up to 6 abi na Asian users give them this number ??
That product is well used in developed countries.

Nigeria patronize the substandard Chinese versions e.g. iTel, Tecno

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by emae009(m): 10:14am On Oct 31, 2020
sagieramos:

First flagship mover bro, couple with iOS, therefore they have no competition within their ecosystem

I think it's more than that. It's not that they are the only one producing smartphones which could have been a monopoly
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by sagieramos(m): 10:17am On Oct 31, 2020
joanana:

You will. Be surprised. I use Xiaomi 9t and that phone is sleek. Many people use the product. It is better than infinix and Tenco. Camera quality is good and the os is good too
Damn! WTF did you just say? M9t is compared with galaxy S10...Tekno wouldn't dear give the SD855 and Adreno 640 on m9t in 10years to come

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by symbianDON(m): 10:19am On Oct 31, 2020
HisExcellence:
Apple should fall off from the list.
As the study said a few days earlier, apple products are only to lure in sluts on dating sites.
And they confirmed it with no charger.
Serves them right, monopolistic evil reptiles.
grin grin grin wicked but true
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Swichnerd(m): 10:22am On Oct 31, 2020
teamsynergy:

It is unlikely that the ban will come into effect because it will really affect the profit margins of these american chip makers as well. Banning all china firms will be very bad for global market.

On the other hand, mediatek may just need to step up and make high end check chips that can rival high end SD chips
have you heard about dimensity? xiaomi and mediatek are working on this powerful chip, which will be used in their phones
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Coquinoqui: 10:22am On Oct 31, 2020
Why bought the Samsung galaxy a51, awesome and decent for the price, runs heavy apps smoothly. Highly recommend

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Nogym(m): 10:22am On Oct 31, 2020
No tecno and Infinix here nah.

my love for ViVo doh. very good phone
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by NomzyJust(m): 10:24am On Oct 31, 2020
Don't pay too much attention on the chart guys. Apple is worth over $2 trillion and stocks are up 57% this year... Yes 57%. Let it sink in...

Investors are very confident.

Now who will you put your money on?
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by HBB1(m): 10:25am On Oct 31, 2020
Mihaug:
iphone na efizzy, e no near wetin android phones fit do, I use my Samsung android for my work (designing, forex trading, photoshopping, editing, typing etc), and many other things,

i was gifted an iPhone 11 recently, I jus put simcard leave am dia for like a month, after my sister returned from school, she carry am waka go

Someone dashed me an IPhone too I was using a Xiaomi then and he probably thought I was broke!

I abandoned the I-nonsense straight away!
Don't even know where it is today...

The Samsung Note 10 i use now is the best phone I have ever used

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by bizhop01: 10:27am On Oct 31, 2020
Samsung or no phone, Xiaomi overrated scrape.
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by emae009(m): 10:33am On Oct 31, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
this is ridiculous.

This is like saying ferrari is making more profit than toyota because ferrari sell more expensive cars but happens to have less market share than toyota.

Seriously?

they have different market targets!!!.
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by emae009(m): 10:34am On Oct 31, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
apple market share reducing means profit reducing too.

Iphone is not making a lot of money as it used to as alot of people are keeping their iphones longer in countries like usa where there is brand loyalty.. Thanks to the fact that apple just keep churning same product with different name every year and not as innovative anymore.

That's why apple is diversifying as quickly as possible and not rely so much on iphone sales.

How is IPhone not innovative anymore or keep churning out the same product??
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Nerro042: 10:35am On Oct 31, 2020
trojan84:

That's not true, u can't be sure of a scenario that didn't happen. You should say they myt be and not they will be. Trust me not everyone love the look and feel of IOS

I did say majority. Not everyone
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Nerro042: 10:36am On Oct 31, 2020
Psychedelia:

LMFAO!
Uncle... OnePlus, Oppo, Vivo and RealMe are ALL ONE AND THE SAME. Na one company (BBK Electronics) get them, and they cater to different levels.
I hope you can see Vivo there, just directly under Apple. That's OnePlus, actually.

Don't play yourself.

Nope. Oneplus is not. And if you don't know that then you are just speaking based on sentiment and not research. Oneplus is a brand oriented company. Good day bro
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by seanwilliam(m): 10:40am On Oct 31, 2020
emae009:

Apple only sells flagship phones. When Samsung was fighting with Apple for market dominance was when the midrange market and level entry wasn't this prominent. The rise of Chinese OEM brought about the rise of the midrange and entry level smartphones.
Samsung adapted hence why they are #1.
Apple doesn't sell midrange or entry level phones. It shows because more and more people are buying midrange phones over flagship doesn't mean Apple is losing. it's just not their target market. which was the reason for my IPhone SE 2020 example, it cost $400 but it's design is outdated but it's the 5th most bought phone in 2020. Imagine if Apple has a phone for entry level, midrange, flagship killers market.
When they tried it first with the IPhone 5C, the phone wasn't that we'll received within the IPhone community because it didn't have that premium quality that Apple usually deliver on their phone since then they haven't done that again.
if apple starts producing midrange, she will lose her class.. the more expensive her product the more respect it commands.. most people especially in Nigeria buy iPhone cos of bragging rights..

Hopefully I'll buy iPhone 11 this year .. I bought 7plus like a month ago, I sold it back cos the reason I bought it( cos of a particular app support ) has been sorted on Samsung..

The iphone7 plus self go beat most android 2020, the phone no dey hang no matter the numbers of apps u are running. Its second hand value is second to none..

But it I buy it na for bragging jare.. I'm not an heavy phone user.. na just for browsing

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by NinjaMetahuman: 10:40am On Oct 31, 2020
emae009:

How is IPhone not innovative anymore or keep churning out the same product??
name the innovative thing apple has done since original iphone.

emae009:

they have different market targets!!!.
different market, same sound analogy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / Download PES 2016 For PPSSPP / Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.