Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand (64692 Views)

Which Smartphone Brand Is Your Favorite And Why? / Poll: Which Smartphone Brand Are You Using? / The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by emae009(m): 10:08pm On Oct 30, 2020
sagieramos:

How many percent shares you get out of the $2 trillion?
And BTW, who gives a f*ck about a brand capital and how much revenue they generates if not for the stakeholders?

As a business developer, I hope to learn a thing or two about how Apple manage to command such brand loyalty to be competing with a Saudi Arabia owned oil company

9 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by KrazyDave16(m): 11:01pm On Oct 30, 2020
Rareoil:

Can you share the group link if you don't mind. Thank you.
It's an LG group. Nothing special about it.

But here you go
t. me /// LG_G8X_India
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Karleb(m): 6:28am On Oct 31, 2020
Good news! Naomi has finally made it to front page. grin

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:28am On Oct 31, 2020
My Sammy S20 ultra is a beast, love the phone like no tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:30am On Oct 31, 2020
Trump will hammer them when he gets elected
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Benrosaria(m): 6:30am On Oct 31, 2020
Mihaug:
iphone na efizzy, e no near wetin android phones fit do, I use my Samsung android for my work (designing, forex trading, photoshopping, editing, typing etc), and many other things,

i was gifted an iPhone 11 recently, I jus put simcard leave am dia for like a month, after my sister returned from school, she carry am waka go

YouR show off pass APPLE product sef

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by teacherbim(f): 6:32am On Oct 31, 2020
Wow! my Xiaomi , so good
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Mayflowa(m): 6:33am On Oct 31, 2020
Joshmodest:
People I know using xiaomi in Nigeria are not up to 6 abi na Asian users give them this number ??

Indian users
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Tinyemeka(m): 6:33am On Oct 31, 2020
HisExcellence:

https://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS46974920

3 Chinese brands now occupy 2nd, 3rd and 5th rankings of mobile phone global shipments.

It could be safe to say that China produces half of all phones used in the world.

15 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by tunapawizzy: 6:34am On Oct 31, 2020
Joshmodest:
People I know using xiaomi in Nigeria are not up to 6 abi na Asian users give them this number ??
There's more to this world than things happening in our immediate environment....broaden your reach

15 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by dingbang(m): 6:35am On Oct 31, 2020
fact45:
If trassion product are not there, then it is a fake news. The government need to regulate social media.fake news everywhere
lol you type with emotions. Do you think the us uk and other western/eastern counties use transsion phones? You are only basing your judgement based on Nigeria which is a dumping ground for transsion products when there are many other countries in the world.

Think bro.. Think.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by 2cribz: 6:35am On Oct 31, 2020
Naso liar.
Mihaug:
iphone na efizzy, e no near wetin android phones fit do, I use my Samsung android for my work (designing, forex trading, photoshopping, editing, typing etc), and many other things,

i was gifted an iPhone 11 recently, I jus put simcard leave am dia for like a month, after my sister returned from school, she carry am waka go
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by 2cribz: 6:37am On Oct 31, 2020
Im congused between samsung note 8 and note 10. Samsung s series is the strongest and most rugged of all phones. My iphone na just for dating.u cant clone apps on iphone.so useless.
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Joshmodest(m): 6:37am On Oct 31, 2020
tunapawizzy:

There's more to this world than things happening in our immediate environment....broaden your reach
Eat your pie
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by MSesan: 6:38am On Oct 31, 2020
elvischukie:
please I can't find infinix and tecno on the list grin grin

Lol... Infinix and tecno are Nigerian users bro.
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by OmoOshodi(m): 6:39am On Oct 31, 2020
Where is oppo

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Godiula19(m): 6:40am On Oct 31, 2020
Joshmodest:

I hope you know Asia as d highest population

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Jaqenhghar: 6:41am On Oct 31, 2020
Joshmodest:
So to you its Nigeria that determines global sales. SMH

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Sunisonflex39(m): 6:41am On Oct 31, 2020
Good morning bosses.Let somebody ask for my account number na..
Local man can eat but have no food.. Abeg.
If u are in ph and have photography job for me.. Abeg DM...
Local man is seriously fighting Hunger..

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by tunapawizzy: 6:42am On Oct 31, 2020
How Samsung manages to create a balance between providing high end phones and the opposite(whatever it is called) is the reason it will be difficult to displace them off that top spot. One is compelled to think highly of samsung's Business development team.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Kondomatic(m): 6:42am On Oct 31, 2020
Themandalorian:
I feel so bad for Huawei. The sad thing is they are still making top top phones but their sales is diminishing little by little.
But congrats to xiaomi, they are not slowing down anytime soon.
All thanks to US - China trade war.

Give Huawei access to Google apps and they will get back to their place the next year.

9 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Amanee(f): 6:43am On Oct 31, 2020
emae009:
For every 65k Xiaomi you buy, Apple sells 350,000k iPhone. Now do the maths... Apple doesn't need to be on top of the list to make mad profits. Apple is competing with Aramco for the public traded company with the largest capital market share... That's Saudi Arabia owned oil company...
Y'all android fan boys are also looking for a little chart or ranking to hate on Apple but it's $2 trillion y'all

It's as if you don't know how to read financials.

Apple year on year is -10.6% which means year on year they are making a loss

10 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by humilitypays(m): 6:44am On Oct 31, 2020
Joshmodest:
Whenever you see global statistics of users of brand new cars, phones and other essential tech products, Nigeria and West Africa are hardly on the list.

Its mostly based on the below markets:

US
Europe
Asia
South America
Middle-East
South Africa
Egypt
Tunisia
Morocco
Algeria

Nigeria and West Africa are mostly known for buying second hard used products....... angry

10 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 31, 2020
These stats can't be true
Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Pimine: 6:45am On Oct 31, 2020
HisExcellence:
Apple should fall off from the list.
As the study said a few days earlier, apple products are only to lure in sluts on dating sites.
And they confirmed it with no charger.
Serves them right, monopolistic evil reptiles.

Aswearugaaad

What report you talking about, bro? Can you post a link?

Yo guys!

Take a second to look at this pic and join the next cryptocurrency revolution. It is the next big thing after Bitcoin.

And the best part? It is FREE!

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by izeksblog: 6:46am On Oct 31, 2020
Mihaug:

Kikikikikiki you better go collect that phone back. Even iPhone 6s can do better than that ur android.

5 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by humilitypays(m): 6:46am On Oct 31, 2020
Amanee:

It's as if you don't know how to read financials.

Apple year on year is -10.6% which means year on year they are making a loss
Most Nigerian youths are financial illiterate cry

He thinks any company that sell costliest items are the richest.....he doesn't know that volume of sales determines the profit at the end.

Rolls Royce sells one of the costliest cars but they can never compete financially with Toyota because Toyota will buy them and their entire future despite selling affordable cars to the whole world shocked shocked

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by costandi(m): 6:47am On Oct 31, 2020
emae009:
For every 65k Xiaomi you buy, Apple sells 350,000k iPhone. Now do the maths... Apple doesn't need to be on top of the list to make mad profits. Apple is competing with Aramco for the public traded company with the largest capital market share... That's Saudi Arabia owned oil company...
Y'all android fan boys are also looking for a little chart or ranking to hate on Apple but it's $2 trillion y'all
If only you understand what market share means, you would realise that the maths you're solving is based on wrong inferences and assumptions.

8 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by Donspicey: 6:47am On Oct 31, 2020
Lolsss,,,company wey neva blow reach my side....

I dont even know dem......

3 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand by costandi(m): 6:49am On Oct 31, 2020
Rareoil:

Xiaomi sells $700-$800 dollar smartphone , same with Samsung.

Xiaomi, Huawei and Samsung sell most of their phones in competitive markets like India and china something Apple can't do.

The $2 trillion apple has in the bank, doesn't change the fact that iPhone sales are reducing.
Lol. An understanding of what market share is would have saved the guy from his woeful claims.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / Download PES 2016 For PPSSPP / Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.