Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,453 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! (6824 Views)

An Anambra-based Man's Take On Soludo's Clarion Call To His Lagos-based Kinsmen / PDP Crisis: How Ayu, Obaseki, Tambuwal Worked Against Wike’s VP Candidacy / Women Arrested In Obigbo: 'Soldiers Raped & Tortured Us In Abuja Barracks' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Karlman: 11:42am On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Clowns

When the whole fraca started, someone posted videos and pictures. There's someone on the forum here, search you'll find him. He's in Oyigbo, he went on to narrate how it started. I was reading and laughing at the boys because they didn't know what they were starting.

The Ndigbo has perpetually made one particular mistake throughout it's history which is being repeated again in this scenario. They go pick fight with higher authority unstrategically and when the whole house is about to be burnt down they begin to cry. In war, always be careful to start only what can be finish within on'e might and abilities, otherwise, one would get overwhelmed in the middle and when other people who weigh their actions and consequences stay put, they are accused and called names because of their intelligence

Next time they want to start fights, let them weigh the PROs and CONs, so they won't go crying when the heat is turned on. Cowards. Only cowards cry aloof like this, men ought to only start what they can finish in their personal might

Lol you're so miserable to call them cowards!
I know your type!

This is where you masturbate!
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by nku5: 11:43am On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

1. When the boys brought out automatic guns and were firing at the army, what were they expecting ?

This whole story is very fluid and hazy to me. Who shot at the army and where did this information emanate from?
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by RedPhoenix: 11:47am On Nov 01, 2020
nku5:

This whole story is very fluid and hazy to me. Who shot at the army and where did this information emanate from?

As the protest started to whine down, they became trigger happy and began shooting around and destroying communities where house traders where. Unprovoked. Those ones petitioned their elders. All shouted in one voice, from the sultan to other Northern traditional rulers, then dust started to rise, army went to verify, boys and army began to Shoot. In the aftermath army came back, and the rest like they say is history. This was the whole thing that brokedown
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Brooklynsouth(f): 11:47am On Nov 01, 2020
omenka:
Wen are you people planning to make him start regretting?

Smh.

Yall talk to damn much. Get off your rickshaw and do something already.
anything against igbo you must be there ,the army killed the people and the people killed back aren't those people killed human being?
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by nku5: 11:53am On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

As the protest started to whine down, they became trigger happy and began [b]shooting [/b]around and destroying communities where house traders where. Unprovoked. Those ones petitioned their elders. All shouted in one voice, from the sultan to other Northern traditional rulers, then dust started to rise, army went to verify, boys and army began to Shoot. In the aftermath army came back, and the rest like they say is history. This was the whole thing that brokedown

Where did this info come from and who are the guys with the guns destroying the communities?
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by RedPhoenix: 11:55am On Nov 01, 2020
nku5:

Where did this info come from and who are the guys with the guns destroying the communities?

I happened by chance to pick it at the very begining when the news broke out. It's all over the Web. Immediately some bits in ebonyi burnt down police stations and all, they picked it up. Nnamdi Kanu was then reported in a speech proclaiming " We now go to police officers homes to kill them "

In the past two weeks while the Lekki dust was settling, the storm was already rising in Oyigbo to which many were blindside because of Lekki. But these are the narratives I followed carefully from when it started to where it has gotten to.

There was a SE governors meeting in Enugu last week, by now, I was expecting Ohaneze, the entire SE governors to mediate and raise dust, but they didnt.

The difference between the north and the rest of the other southern block is those guys use their power

Tell me. How many traditional rulers in SE and governors and senators and ministers have raised their voices to appeal for a resolve? Not even one. The only person that attempted is the one being accused by people who don't understand tact.

I have nothing against Biafra. Infact. I'm in total support, but boys should do things strategically... The traditional rulers too should also raise their voices and use their power however small.

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Karlman: 11:59am On Nov 01, 2020
Rugaria:

Problem of ndigbo?
Who is this thing?
grin grin grin that thing omenka is deluded

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by amaham(m): 11:59am On Nov 01, 2020
Anything that will wipe off ipob from the surface of the earth. Even though obigbo is the collateral damage.

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Dede1(m): 12:01pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

I happened by chance to pick it at the very begining when the news broke out. It's all over the Web. Immediately some bits in ebonyi burnt down police stations and all, they picked it up. Nnamdi Kanu was then reported in a speech proclaiming " We now go to police officers homes to kill them "

In the past two weeks while the Lekki dust was settling, the storm was already rising in Oyigbo to which many were blindside because of Lekki. But these are the narratives I followed carefully from when it started to where it has gotten to.

There was a SE governors meeting in Enugu last week, by now, I was expecting Ohaneze, the entire SE governors to mediate and raise dust, but they didnt.

The difference between the north and the rest of the other southern block is those guys use their power

Tell me. How many traditional rulers in SE and governors and senators and ministers have raised their voices to appeal for a resolve? Not even one. The only person that attempted is the one being accused by people who don't understand tact.

Who broke the news? Majority of craps on web are junks posted by people such as you. Most Nigerians tend to wallow in stupidity induced by hatred. Nigeria will not see light of progress when large cross section of shithole is inherently and moronically insincere.
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by RedPhoenix: 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2020
amaham:
Anything that will wipe off ipob from the surface of the earth. Even though obigbo is the collateral damage.

It's easy to celebrate over other people's misfortunes. Have you wished the same to Book haram and the like elements. Rather than even jail then, you organize parties for them. Why can't the Nidigbo get the same treatment. Smh, when they now say they want to leave, you people will be crying. If Nidigbo were an independent nation, this incident if done by a foreign army would have triggered massive war. There's no show of restraint at all on the side of the army which advocates that they're not executing the operations based on facts on ground, but rather being controlled by external factors. Oode
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by nku5: 12:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

I have nothing against Biafra. Infact. I'm in total support, but boys should do things strategically... The traditional rulers too should also raise their voices and use their power however small.

Please help me with a link if you have. I am very curious about this but I have never seen anything authoritative from any news outletabout this, just commentary so far on blogs, NL and whatsapp groups
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Proeast2: 12:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
Unik3030:
God bless u bro,at this stage if anyone is blaming Wike n d army d person is a complete fool.

Let me give u a brief of what happened

Nnamdi Kanu hijacked d endsars protest n ordered his boys to burn down properties,they did as he ordered n he claimed responsibility.

Wike realised ipob were making his state ungovernable n he sue for calm by placing a bounty on the head of the leader of d destruction gang

Kanu in his utmost stupidity still ordered his boys to face the military with weapons n also placed a 100 million naira bounty on a sitting governor,please Eastlink,proeast2,frobel3,diagnopolitics which sane person does that?

since they shot at d army it means they are ready for war so d army declared war on ipob n Wike made it clear he's fighting ipob n not Igbos.

the question to u now is,if u are to b d governor of a state,will u allow a miscreant to threaten u?
how can u call for d head of a sitting governor?
d same stupid mistake d loud mouth made by calling for the head of buhari is d same mistake he's making here again.

isn't it funny that a si called leader doesn't learn from his mistakes?well I don't blame him cos he knows there are some people willing to die for him.

if at this stage u ain't blaming Nnamdi Kanu then u are deceiving yourself.

ask yourself this simple question,will u b cool if u are a sitting governor n someone calls for your head?

cc
officialgarri
mayniaa
hammervj

I have stopped commenting about IPOB issues because each time I do so, people often say I'm their member just because I want to be rational.

On this topic, I don't subscribe that Igbos should fight Wike. Who is Wike to start with for the Igbo race to fight him? He is a tout who rode on Goodluck Jonathan's popularity to become governor of Rivers State. He is not intelligent or even smart, but instead is a typical butterfly who thinks he is a bird. Asking Igbos to fight Wike is an insult on us because he is a nobody. IPOB as an organization should be enough to fight him if Nnamdi Kanu knows what he is doing and not bluffing.

Ohanaeze or other Igbo groups have no business there until they're officially invited to wade in. Why do I say so? Simple. Obigbo or Oyigbo has traditional rulers and leaders of thought. So, in all these, what are they doing or saying about what is going on? Have they come out to challenge Wike and mount any campaign against him or the killings going on in their domain? Have they come out to seek for support from the entire Igbo nation or Igbo groups in fighting against external aggression??

You can't love anyone more than they love themselves. Wike is an Ikwerre man and he is organizing a genocide against Obigbo/Asa people, another distinct tribe and their leaders are keeping quiet??

Believe me, the moment those at the receiving end calls out to Ohanaeze or other Igbo groups to help them, we Igbos will come out in full force to do so in whatever capacity we can.

As for Wike, his Waterloo is coming. I keep saying it, if people like Tinubu, Goodluck Jonathan, Oshomole etc, from bigger ethnicities and had lot more connections could be dealt with by these cabals, then who is he?

I'm happy he thinks he is strong and can do anything he likes without knowing he has no base, then I pity him because his own disgrace will be far worse.

Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by RedPhoenix: 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2020
nku5:

Please help me with a link if you have. I am very curious about this but I have never seen anything authoritative from any news outletabout this, just commentary so far on blogs, NL and whatsapp groups

Smiles. How do I do this when I'm not idle bro?

Google up activities within the past 2/3 weeks. You'll get a thorough digest
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by RedPhoenix: 12:07pm On Nov 01, 2020
It was the Sultan and the Emirates that went to table the matter for the army to be summoned and not Wike.

Before the army came, the sultan and Northern traditional rulers petitioned Buhari. Run an Internet search anyone just within a three weeks span you'll see the news, the same way, the Ndigbo traditional rulers, elders, clerics and politicians should also push the button and call for resolve
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:08pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Stop all this nonsense. Why should he speak igbo when you said it yourself hes not igbo ?

It was reported that the young men exchanged shots with the army, the army comes back to finish the battle.

Help connect the dots how all this is Wike's doing directly or indirectly ?

Are you not supposed to be aware that all of Wike's words was to divert attention from Rivers State and to thereby prevent even more than one community to be flooded with federal might?

Use your senses and calculate what he's not saying in what he's saying. He's saying i wished i could but to prevent the entire state and extending to the region turned into battleground, men lay low

Use your senses, when speaking on delicate issues of such sensitivity, it's done with lots of astute silence
So what has Wike said about the militants

FYI, the #endsars protesters faced the Nigerian Army not only in Rivers State

So why is Wike's case exceptional
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by RedPhoenix: 12:09pm On Nov 01, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

So what has Wike said about the militants

FYI, the #endsars protesters faced the Nigerian Army not only in Rivers State

So why is Wike's case exceptional

Did you know that when Ndigbo governors met last week, it was presidency there were discussing rather than this issue. See the kind of leaders you people have o. Power drunk bats. Was it a time for feasting or deep introspection

I am not surprised by the inactiveness of the igbo traditional rulers and governors. It's the same thing many of us have been saying. The thirst for power at the expense of anything in the way. The Enugu summit could have centered around protection of igbo lives and properties in Oyigbo and not about igbo presidency as there's still time

Very unstrategic

2 Likes

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Karlman: 12:10pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

We didn't scream igbo or yoruba in Lekki. We screamed massacre of human lives

The protesters did not shoot at the army. Much more automatic rifle. Ordinary tokunbo pistol ranges between 250 and 350k. Not to mention automatic rifles.

Bros tokunbo pistol for 250 350
Naim boys gatheram for street like popcorn?

How much come be 47
10milion?

Stop this Okpata wey you dey yan!
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by RedPhoenix: 12:11pm On Nov 01, 2020
Karlman:

Bros tokunbo pistol for 250 350
Naim boys gatheram for street like popcorn?

How much come be 47
10milion?

Stop this Okpata wey you dey yan!

Get lost kid
Go do your research fool
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Karlman: 12:12pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Did you know that when Ndigbo governors met last week, it was presidency there were discussing rather than this issue. See the kind of leaders you people have o. Power drunk bats. Was it a time for feasting or deep introspection

I am not surprised by the inactiveness of the igbo traditional rulers and governors. It's the same thing many of us have been saying. The thirst for power at the expense of anything in the way. The Enugu summit could have centered around protection of igbo lives and properties in Oyigbo and not about igbo presidency as there's still time

Very unstrategic

Of course you were there live and direct!
Bloody liar!
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:14pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

LIES.

LIES

LIES

ALL THIS STARTED BECAUSE THE BOYS THERE WERE FIRING SHOTS AT THE ARMY, NOT OUT OF ANY TRIBAL HATRED. BE CHRISTIAN OR HUMANLY ENOUGH TO SAY THE TRUTH. YOU SHOOT AT THE ARMY, YOU CALL THEM OUT FOR WAR. I SAY IT EVEN TO MY OWN CLAN AND PEOPLE. NO MIDDLE GROUND FOR THE TRUTH. IT'S EITHER A BLACK OR WHITE SCENARIO

THOSE BOYS CALLED ON THE ARMY OUT TO KILL THEM
You no dey shame

Nigerian Army against it own citizens undecided
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Karlman: 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Get lost kid
Go do your research fool
Na me be kid?
Your father!

You did research mr oaf!
This goes to show don't even know nada!
Goat
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by RedPhoenix: 12:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
Karlman:

Na me be kid?
Your father!

You did research mr oaf!
This goes to show don't even know nada!
Goat

Ewu. Your life no matter. If it were a thing that ignited my anger by now I'll scatter the Web.

You do your own. Your life no matter, e no get value
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Karlman: 12:18pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:
It was the Sultan and the Emirates that went to table the matter for the army to be summoned and not Wike.

Before the army came, the sultan and Northern traditional rulers petitioned Buhari. Run an Internet search anyone just within a three weeks span you'll see the news, the same way, the Ndigbo traditional rulers, elders, clerics and politicians should also push the button and call for resolve

Omini knowest!
Keep celebrating the army maiming and killing own citizens because its not your place
Your turn will surely come
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:19pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Very unstrategic
It's not a hidden secret that Nigeria lacks good leaders

That cannot justify killing your own citizens!!!
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by RedPhoenix: 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

It's not a hidden secret that Nigeria lacks good leaders

That cannot justify killing your own citizens!!!

I will never support or justify killing even one soul. Rather, see. Ndigbo has always had a tool the north has but doesn't use it. It's fellowship. People should look for ways to get their leaders attention and do the needful.
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Karlman: 12:20pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Ewu. Your life no matter. If it were a thing that ignited my anger by now I'll scatter the Web.

You do your own. Your life no matter, e no get value

See? Youve now ran mad completely
Keep at it soon you'll be in market
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by RedPhoenix: 12:21pm On Nov 01, 2020
Karlman:

See? Youve now ran mad completely
Keep at it soon you'll be in market

Ignored. Go to hell. If them born you well execute an action and I'll permanently silent you.
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Karlman: 12:23pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Ignored. Go to hell. If them born you well execute an action and I'll permanently silent you.

You're already in the market now!
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by baralatie(m): 12:24pm On Nov 01, 2020
nku5:
But does that place not have any traditional ruler or Rep? Why are they all silent?
because the leaders and community reps allowed ipob miscreants to dictate for them.so here you have it! a proscribed organization speaking,killing on behalf of the people what do you expect
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Karlman: 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
Those of you, like the miserable RedPhoenix and other idiots celebrating the killing of other Nigerians your end will be worst than the death of those you're masturbating over!
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by RedPhoenix: 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
Karlman:
Those of you, like the miserable RedPhoenix and other idiots celebrating the killing of other Nigerians your end will be worst than the death of those you're masturbating over!

Quote me directly. I have Ndigbo blood, and do not support killings in anyway. . Be surprised, however I won't lose my objectivity on issues. . It wasn't and isn't an ethnic bias issue. Next time your fellow eediots choose to take on the army, tell them to have a strategy on what to do from start to finish. Full.

2 Likes

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Karlman: 12:28pm On Nov 01, 2020
baralatie:

because the leaders and community reps allowed ipob miscreants to dictate for them.so here you have it! a proscribed organization speaking,killing on behalf of the people what do you expect

You were there?
Your end will be worst

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Long Journey And Side Attractions To 2023 / Igbo Tribe With Tribal Marks - Photos / Bandits Launch Fresh Attacks On Benue, Zamfara, Kill 10 Residents, Two Policemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.