Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! (6883 Views)

An Anambra-based Man's Take On Soludo's Clarion Call To His Lagos-based Kinsmen / PDP Crisis: How Ayu, Obaseki, Tambuwal Worked Against Wike’s VP Candidacy / Women Arrested In Obigbo: 'Soldiers Raped & Tortured Us In Abuja Barracks' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by alfarouq(m): 12:30pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:
It was the Sultan and the Emirates that went to table the matter for the army to be summoned and not Wike.

Before the army came, the sultan and Northern traditional rulers petitioned Buhari. Run an Internet search anyone just within a three weeks span you'll see the news, the same way, the Ndigbo traditional rulers, elders, clerics and politicians should also push the button and call for resolve
If this your claim is the truth, why don't you post a link of it so people can verify the authenticity of your claims
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Karlman: 12:30pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Quote me directly. I have Ndigbo blood, and do not support killings in anyway. . Be surprised, however I won't lose my objectivity on issues. . It wasn't and isn't an ethnic bias issue. Next time your fellow eediots choose to take on the army, tell them to have a strategy on what to do from start to finish. Full.

Whatever you sow you will reap!
Black heart!
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Karlman: 12:32pm On Nov 01, 2020
alfarouq:
If this your claim is the truth, why don't you post a link of it so people can verify the authenticity of your claims

He is everywhere at all times!
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by RedPhoenix: 12:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
alfarouq:

I don't baby sit people farouq

If you can't use Google searcH, then even your future is bleak.

Now, get lost.
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by nku5: 12:54pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Smiles. How do I do this when I'm not idle bro?

Google up activities within the past 2/3 weeks. You'll get a thorough digest

Lol. E never reach like that grin

I've been seeing sketchy stories here and there but nothing authoritative or with any reasonable detail. IPOB has not claimed responsibility as far as I have read. Its like saying OPC was behind all the destruction in Lagos without evidence except the fact that they exist in Lagos. Rivers State has a cultism epidemic that sprang up during the militancy years so AK-47s are not scarce in that area. I've seen videos of police shooting at boys without the bullets penetrating and those guys didn't have anything linking them to IPOB.

I just think Wike wants to be seen as a "good boy" so as to actualise his ambition of being VP to his friend Tambuwal in 2023.
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by RedPhoenix: 12:59pm On Nov 01, 2020
nku5:

Lol. E never reach like that grin

I've been seeing sketchy stories here and there but nothing authoritative or with any reasonable detail. IPOB has not claimed responsibility as far as I have read. Its like saying OPC was behind all the destruction in Lagos without evidence except the fact that they exist in Lagos. Rivers State has a cultism epidemic that sprang up during the militancy years so AK-47s are not scarce in that area. I've seen videos of police shooting at boys without the bullets penetrating and those guys didn't have anything linking them to IPOB.

I just think Wike wants to be seen as a "good boy" so as to actualise his ambition of being VP to his friend Tambuwal in 2023.

And you had to put speculation at the bottom

Even as I type I'm speaking with someone within the axis about first hand occurences and spill over effects.

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by amaham(m): 1:26pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

It's easy to celebrate over other people's misfortunes. Have you wished the same to Book haram and the like elements. Rather than even jail then, you organize parties for them. Why can't the Nidigbo get the same treatment. Smh, when they now say they want to leave, you people will be crying. If Nidigbo were an independent nation, this incident if done by a foreign army would have triggered massive war. There's no show of restraint at all on the side of the army which advocates that they're not executing the operations based on facts on ground, but rather being controlled by external factors. Oode
Hello ipob-ologist, A bu m nwafor Igbo, but since obigbo allowed a bipolar nnamdi kanu to dictate their actions , they deserve the army fury

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by baralatie(m): 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
Karlman:

You were there?
Your end will be worst
unfortunately all you ipob miscreants sympathetic morons do only one thing successfully create anarchy,poverty and destruction for the whole south eastern states.
and you guys do it with 100% accuracy

3 Likes

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by nku5: 1:48pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

And you had to put speculation at the bottom

Even as I type I'm speaking with someone within the axis about first hand occurences and spill over effects.

Bros you too are speculating. You have not provided anything to back up this your gist.

No news outlet of repute has confirmed this story that IPOB that has never been a violent group, suddenly killed soldiers. Who investigated the matter and discovered the truth?

This is screenshot is the most detailed piece of news and it's very inconclusive

https://peoplesgazette.com/oyigbo-nigerian-soldiers-on-rampage-in-rivers-kill-dozens-in-troubled-community/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by RedPhoenix: 1:52pm On Nov 01, 2020
nku5:

Bros you too are speculating. You have not provided anything to back up this your gist.

No news outlet of repute has confirmed this story that IPOB that has never been a violent group, suddenly killed soldiers. Who investigated the matter and discovered the truth?

This is screenshot is the most detailed piece of news and it's very inconclusive

https://peoplesgazette.com/oyigbo-nigerian-soldiers-on-rampage-in-rivers-kill-dozens-in-troubled-community/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Smh. What did I say that isn't what's in what you posted said. You get sense atall?
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by nku5: 1:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Smh. What did I say that isn't what's in what you posted said. You get sense atall?

There's nothing similar in what we wrote. Abi you smoke dry shit this afternoon? grin
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by nerd004: 2:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

You no dey shame

Nigerian Army against it own citizens undecided

see wetin dis one write.. anyway I no blame u ....get some education bro

do u know when u shot an army of a Nation ,you automatically lose your right as a citizen and should be treated as an enemy of the Nation...

Bro don't blame Army, blame MNK, blame IPOB

Ever wondered why SE govs ain't saying anything , it's simply bcoz IPOB were warned but they would'nt listen � instead they rained all manner of insults on the Govs ...

It's painful tho , that some innocent would have to pay the price with their life,just because one fool (MNK) that travels with Nigerian passport yet advises his "brain-washed" followers to burn theirs...He is in a far away country yet inciting violence here...

May it never be well with MNK and his generation...Amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Igboid: 3:20pm On Nov 01, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

Wike is known very well by some of us who are conversant with Rivers politics as a rabid anti-Igbo Ikwerre man. He tries very hard to hide it in order to earn votes and supports but his body language always betray him because he is not very brainy and smart. He is a bloody alarmist, the type who will kill in the bush and run out of the bush to ask "Who is killing in the bush?!".

Ndigbo in PDP should be sensitized about Wike and his likes and what he has in the offing for our tribe. He must now be made in irrelevant in that party where he still has ambitions. Let him run to the APC after 2023, his political opponents and sharks who have called for his head on a plate are eager to "welcome" him. Good riddance!

Wike is a typical Ikwerre man with deep sitted Igbophobia, which is why I don't take IPOB and Ohaneze Ndiigbo serious as long as both keep entertaining Ikwerres in their midst while delusionally and stupidly claiming brotherhood with a people harbouring more hate for Ndiigbo than even SW and North.
Both groups(IPOB and Ohanaeze) are useless even to themselves, which is why they are busy scrambling while the house is on fire.

IPOB pose an existential threat to Ndiigbo. Because the whole world knows IPOB as Igbo organization while IPOB stupidly admits many non Igbo's from Igbophobic Minority groups in their group.
It means that these non Igbos in IPOB can be compromised by their own people or anyone else with sinister agenda against Ndiigbo to commit atrocities under the banner of IPOB in the future , knowing fully well that Igbos will be the one to bear the consequences.

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Eastlink(m): 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2020
Igboid:

Wike is a typical Ikwerre man with deep sitted Igbophobia, which is why I don't take IPOB and Ohaneze Ndiigbo serious as long as both keep entertaining Ikwerres in their midst while delusionally and stupidly claiming brotherhood with a people harbouring more hate for Ndiigbo than even SW and North.
Both groups(IPOB and Ohanaeze) are useless even to themselves, which is why they are busy scrambling while the house is on fire.

IPOB pose an existential threat to Ndiigbo. Because the whole world knows IPOB as Igbo organization while IPOB stupidly admits many non Igbo's from Igbophobic Minority groups in their group.
It means that these non Igbos in IPOB can be compromised to commit atrocities under the banner of IPOB , knowing fully well that Igbos will be the one to bear the consequences.
So you are now judging all Ikwerres because of Wike? Change from this mentality Pazienza. Stop being too narrow minded, it will damage you. Wike isn’t speaking for the Ikwerres. A lot Ikwerre in my groups are as angry as you. Stop this nonsense. Stop this nonsense you are doing? Wike is making a mistake by not seeking advice before acting. Don't make this an Ikwerre affair. The Ikwerre’s are not in support of him.

Change from this sentiments in your head.
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Igboid: 3:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
Eastlink:
So you are now judging all Ikwerres because of Wike? Change from this mentality Pazienza. Stop being too narrow minded, it will damage you. Wike isn’t speaking for the Ikwerres. A lot Ikwerre in my groups are as angry as you. Stop this nonsense. Stop this nonsense you are doing? Wike is making a mistake by not seeking advice before acting. Don't make this an Ikwerre affair. The Ikwerre’s are not in support of him.

Change from this sentiments in your head.

Wike speaks for Ikwerre people as much as Ogbakor Ikwerre does.

Few Ikwerre friends of yours who probably have immediate link to SE being upright on Igbo matters cannot cover the truth that Ikwerre people on the majority as represented by Ogbakor Ikwerre are a very Igbophobic lots and Wike epitomizes them.

Let Ikwerre people, especially Ogbakor Ikwerre release a public statement denying Wike Igbophobic activities ever since he has been the governor of Rivers.

Unlike people like you, I don't pander to emotions once it comes to Igbo matters, I am usually ice cold.
And you are not the only one with Ikwerre friends.
I once lived in Obio akpor too for a year plus and had many experiences as well as Ikwerre friends.
Don't confuse your personal relationship with few good Ikwerre with Ikwerre Igbophobic disposition as an independent ethnic nationality.

2 Likes

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Eastlink(m): 3:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
Igboid:

Wike speaks for Ikwerre people as much as Ogbakor Ikwerre does.

Few Ikwerre friends of yours who probably have immediate link to SE being upright on Igbo matters cannot cover the truth that Ikwerre people on the majority as represented by Ogbakor Ikwerre are a very Igbophobic lots and Wike epitomizes them.

Let Ikwerre people, especially Ogbakor Ikwerre release a public statement denying Wike Igbophobic activities ever since he has been the governor of Rivers.

Unlike people like you, I don't pander to emotions once it comes to Igbo matters, I am usually ice cold.
And you are not the only one with Ikwerre friends.
I once lived in Obio akpor too for a year plus and had many experiences as well as Ikwerre friends.
Don't confuse your personal relationship with few good Ikwerre with Ikwerre Igbophobic disposition as an independent ethnic nationality.
Pazienze I just beg you to focus on the issue. And that is Wike vs IPOB. Oyigbo people are being killed extrajudicially and it pains me. I have not slept since days well. Always calling friends and loved ones in that axis. Two wrongs can never make a right. I beg you not to make matters worst. I’m a Rivers man and know much about happenings in my state than many of you in the SE. Yes, you might have your experience about the Ikwerre people, but take it from me, majority are not with Wike in this particular issue. A lot feel Wike goofed. Don't be surprise if the likes of Amaechi makes this political in a coming days by slamming Wike. Wike allowed Nnamdi Kanu enter his head by rushing with such regrettable actions. I expected that the security personnel were called to arrest trouble makers and not take laws into their hands. But it wasn't as I thought.
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Igboid: 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2020
Eastlink:
Pazienze I just beg you to focus on the issue. And that is Wike vs IPOB. Oyigbo people are being killed extrajudicially and it pains me. I have not slept since days well. Always calling friends and loved ones in that axis. Two wrongs can never make a right. I beg you not to make matters worst. I’m a Rivers man and know much about happenings in my state than many of you in the SE. Yes, you might have your experience about the Ikwerre people, but take it from me, majority are not with Wike in this particular issue. A lot feel Wike goofed. Don't be surprise if the likes of Amaechi makes this political in a coming days by slamming Wike. Wike allowed Nnamdi Kanu enter his head by rushing with such regrettable actions. I expected that the security personnel were called to arrest trouble makers and not take laws into their hands. But it wasn't as I thought.

Wike like all Igbophobic Nigerians now hide behind IPOB to release their Igbophobic actions. Before then, they hide behind Biafra.
Some of us are not blind.
I think you are letting emotions of personal relationships with few Ikwerre people becloud you rationality. You need to watch it.

Go through Wike press release on Obiigbo issue and read it well. Its full of many cryptic Igbophobic hints and shades carefully hidden behind fight against IPOB. Some of us are not stupid and can pick even the most subtle of these hints no matter how disguised they are.

Amaechi is no different from Wike in his Igbophobic hints too. But because Ndiigbo have bunch of brainless people at the helm of affairs in IPOB and Ohanaeze, Amaechi flies under the radar.
It was Amaechi who asked GEJ in 2014 if they (his Ikwerre people and Rivers state) were Biafrans, in response to losing Soku oil wells to Bayelsa.
Subtly reminding GEJ that certain state sponsored marginalization were exclusively reserved for Biafrans( which before the rise of IPOB was a good way for Igbophobic entities like Amaechi to to refer to Igbo without appearing obvious).

That Ikwerre are very Igbophobic bunch every right thinking Igbo must take cognizant of and ensure we take necessary measures to keep ourselves safe from them is a fact backed by past and current events.

But as usual many of us prefer playing the ostrich.
I have always known Wike for who he is even when brainless IPOB hierarchy were singing his praises and cautioned that Ndiigbo stay away from such Igbophobic entity and should not be associated with him.

https://www.nairaland.com/4232285/wike-secondus-vs-yoruba-pdp

Ours is a very emotional group incapable of rising above emotional attachment to act with ruthless clarity which is why we have suffered in Nigeria.
I see Igbos talking about Amaechi Igbo presidency candidacy and I just shake my head in disgust. Our pains and sufferings in Nigeria will be for 600 years until we reinvent ourselves and our approach to issues as a people.

3 Likes

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Eastlink(m): 4:24pm On Nov 01, 2020
Igboid:

Wike like all Igbophobic Nigerians now hide behind IPOB to release their Igbophobic actions. Before then, they hide behind Biafra.
Some of us are not blind.
I think you are letting emotions of personal relationships with few Ikwerre people becloud you rationality. You need to watch it.

Go through Wike press release on Obiigbo issue and read it well. Its full of many cryptic Igbophobic hints and shades carefully hidden behind fight against IPOB. Someone of us are not stupid and can pick even the most subtle of these hints no matter how disguised they are.

Amaechi is no different from Wike in his Igbophobic hints too. But because Ndiigbo have bunch of brainless people at the helm of affairs in IPOB and Ohanaeze, Amaechi flies under the radar.
It was Amaechi who asked GEJ if they (his Ikwerre people and Rivers state) were Biafrans, in response to losing Soku oil wells to Bayelsa.
Subtly reminding GEJ that certain state sponsored marginalization were exclusively reserved for Biafrans( which before the rise of IPOB was a good way for Igbophobic entities like Amaechi to to refer to Igbo without appearing obvious).

That Ikwerre are very Igbophobic bunch every right thinking Igbo must take cognizant of and ensure we take necessary measures to keep ourselves safe from them is a fact backed by past and current events.

But as usual many of us prefer playing the ostrich.
I have always known Wike for who he is even when brainless IPOB hierarchy were singing his praises and cautioned that Ndiigbo stay away from such Igbophobic entity and should not be associated with him.
Well, I’ve heard you bro
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by NNEWIsuper: 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

As usual Wike, this or that. Who shot at the armies, when you shot at the army what do you expect?

Igbo this, igbo that, i have absolutely no issues wth igbo, i have zero ties with Rivers, but even have ties with igbo. But under this guilt-tripping, you guys keep trying to get away with things without wanting to be responsible.

Be it police or army, if you shoot at any security agency anywhere in the world, you are deliberately asking for a full truck load

He's doing the smart thing, which is lie low, watch the situation and see how things pans out.

Do you think the FG or Army likes Rivers state? They are looking for the slightest excuse to flood Rivers with army under any form of hypocrisy, he's preventing that from happening even if it means a small community is turn upside down. By standing aside, the dust will settle, not to further rouse things

You guys don't understand the game play. Any small thing you rush to type without thinking. You're totally unstrategic just like the op, i hope even the Op learns a thing or two. Stvpid

If you feel you hate Rivers, leave. Simple

No external group can be in any Ndigbo land with arms forming an army. Stop being stvpid and be rational
Seriously you said my mind.. I am Igbo myself but not an unreasonable one.. Someone orders them to kill army and take their weapons and they do so without even reasoning that every action has its consequences.. For one I'm in support of the military and army because of ipob is allowed to continue with their rubbish, before u know it they create chaos in East and the Nigerian army will flood everywhere with soldiers while someone somewhere will be happy to use it for propaganda for his selfish gratification.. To me any ipob member should be taken down.. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by RedPhoenix: 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

Seriously you said my mind.. I am Igbo myself but not an unreasonable one.. Someone orders them to kill army and take their weapons and they do so without even reasoning that every action has its consequences.. For one I'm in support of the military and army because of ipob is allowed to continue with their rubbish, before u know it they create chaos in East and the Nigerian army will flood everywhere with soldiers while someone somewhere will be happy to use it for propaganda for his selfish gratification.. To me any ipob member should be taken down.. Nonsense

I'm always pro-igbo anyday anytime. But only on a defensive posture, not in an assault stance
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by loopman: 4:39pm On Nov 01, 2020
Wike..more grease to your elbow. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by NNEWIsuper: 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
RedPhoenix:

I'm always pro-igbo anyday anytime. But only on a defensive posture, not in an assault stance
Good one.. The ipob terrorists want to overstretch their luck

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Eastlink(m): 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2020
NNEWIsuper:

Seriously you said my mind.. [s]I am Igbo myself but not an unreasonable one[/s].. Someone orders them to kill army and take their weapons and they do so without even reasoning that every action has its consequences.. For one I'm in support of the military and army because of ipob is allowed to continue with their rubbish, before u know it they create chaos in East and the Nigerian army will flood everywhere with soldiers while someone somewhere will be happy to use it for propaganda for his selfish gratification.. To me any ipob member should be taken down.. Nonsense
Keep deceiving people who don't know this moniker.
Re: A Clarion Call- Ndigbo Rise Against Wike's Genocide In Obigbo! Rise! by Officialgarri: 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2020
Unik3030:
God bless u bro,at this stage if anyone is blaming Wike n d army d person is a complete fool.

Let me give u a brief of what happened

Nnamdi Kanu hijacked d endsars protest n ordered his boys to burn down properties,they did as he ordered n he claimed responsibility.

Wike realised ipob were making his state ungovernable n he sue for calm by placing a bounty on the head of the leader of d destruction gang

Kanu in his utmost stupidity still ordered his boys to face the military with weapons n also placed a 100 million naira bounty on a sitting governor,please Eastlink,proeast2,frobel3,diagnopolitics which sane person does that?

since they shot at d army it means they are ready for war so d army declared war on ipob n Wike made it clear he's fighting ipob n not Igbos.

the question to u now is,if u are to b d governor of a state,will u allow a miscreant to threaten u?
how can u call for d head of a sitting governor?
d same stupid mistake d loud mouth made by calling for the head of buhari is d same mistake he's making here again.

isn't it funny that a si called leader doesn't learn from his mistakes?well I don't blame him cos he knows there are some people willing to die for him.

if at this stage u ain't blaming Nnamdi Kanu then u are deceiving yourself.

ask yourself this simple question,will u b cool if u are a sitting governor n someone calls for your head?

cc
officialgarri
mayniaa
hammervj
Anyone who thinks otherwise does not deserve a response from you.
You have said it as it is

There are reports of IPOB killing military and quickly stripping them of their uniforms so as not create attention to the evil they perpetrate

There is also an order from Kanu to his people to openly attack the military so that they can get killed and they would publish pictures of how soldiers are killing them and gain public attention....
Who does that? Playing games with lives of people because they can't use their own brains.
It's more than ordinary eyes.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Muslim-Muslim Ticket Not Ideal But Practical For APC – Senator Arise / BREAKING: Supreme Court Confirms Lamidi Apapa As LP National Chairman / Four Burnt To Death In Bauchi Road Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.