Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,909 members, 7,821,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? (35465 Views)

Job Offer Without Basic Salary But On Performance. Is It Worth Travelling Far? / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Nigeria Immigration Service Sends Invitations To Successful Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Heffalump(m): 10:22pm On Nov 01, 2020
Asquare84:
Don't travel out Nigeria is getting better already

On what level please?

.....it will be a difficult thing to find Nigeria getting better with our current structure and system of governance. undecided
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by daintyprincess(f): 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2020
illicit:

it is well, things will get better

I missed u
Same here. It's been a very long while grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by RALPHOW(m): 10:34pm On Nov 01, 2020
At your age , travelling is not a bad idea if your parent can finance it. If many Immigration Officer
have such opportunity, they will disappear.
However it depends on the country you intend to go. If Uk or USA with students visa, let go of any girlfriend you have in Nigeria, your main option to settle fast is to marry a British Girl, after your education.
If Canada you are good to go with either student or resident visa but not visitors visa please.

Note:
Never travel out on Visitor Visa with aim of changing your visa status later (Boy you will suffer)
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Rexnegro(m): 10:40pm On Nov 01, 2020
japa
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by solonubinho(m): 10:40pm On Nov 01, 2020
Sheezybobby:
Hello Palz,
A.M, Am a little bit confused, i graduated at a tender age of 19 years, Currently Serving at 20years of age. But My wish all this while is to travel to Abroad to Further/Relocate, but my parents want me to take a Nigeria Immigration Job, But am a Confused,

I want you to advise me friends, Cause am so confused, Also what is the Salary scale. (Immigration) for a B.sc graduate,
I will appreciate your opinion, Palz

Lmaoo!!! Your parents want you to take immigration job over relocating abroad. Father Lord everywhere they are using this young man's parents to keep him in perpetual agony, I bind and cast!!! I bind with fire and I cast!!!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Twizzy30(m): 10:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
amliftedhigher:
People like the op will be envious of immigration controllers but alas he doesn't want to work towards that rank. I bet you no Nigerian will go to the USA or Canada if you give them job as an immigration controller
talking about “no Nigerian will go to the USA or Canada uf given immigration job”
You can’t speak for all Nigerians, people who earn more than a million are leaving in droves.

1 Like

Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by toluscott2000(m): 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2020
Pls travel outside d country ,when u join them u won't like what ur eyes will b seeing ,u won't b able to endure it . So travel and leave this country to a better country
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Twizzy30(m): 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2020
seanwilliam:
I'm pretty sure that theguy go dey cry and wish never to have posted that right now.. oboy u formally hit the guy hard grin
His comment is stupidd and you’re more stupidd for agreeing with him.
I’m sure the op’s parents is one of those people that hoard slots for fg jobs which is not supposed to be, an average Nigerian should be able to have access to those jobs but no, things have been bastardized over here. They were just lucky to be in a position that command things, it’s not about being lazy or hardworking.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Twizzy30(m): 10:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
Finchmgh:

You are really a beast.
Thank your star that nairaland is a faceless forum.

I would have track your sorry ass down and use your empty skull to drink palm wine.

this shitt is funny but tbh we need to flush these kind of people out of our society. That guy is not alright upstairs.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Arckeen: 11:13pm On Nov 01, 2020
yanabasee:

He's greedy.... He'll never do that......

Anyway OP.....

We can't make a lifetime decision for you.....We can't even tell you all the details here as most people will spice it up with what they'd wish to get, if they were in shoes right now......

But, why not go to the nearest immigration office and meet some officers and have different ideas from them...Then compare it with your decision of traveling out of Nigeria...

Personally, I'll take the job....
you like naija
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by ishaku4life2012(m): 11:22pm On Nov 01, 2020
Abeg, traveling abroad doesn't guarantee a brighter future. Get the job of immigration first and settle up. You may even gather enovgh & travel places around the world at ur convenience age. I graduated since 2014 from the University and yet, couldn't find a job. Utilize the little moment at ur own disposal by taking this lucrativ job my brother. I'm so happy for u indeed! Congratulation Officer in the making! The Lord is ur strengh & He shall vindicate u during ur active service to ur fatherland. Remember that ur beautiful moments start now..,

1 Like

Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:34pm On Nov 01, 2020
Bro no matter how much you are earning is just a token. You wil earn millions of that within one or two month in Canada bro this country is mess up what is in immigration controller. Don’t you see bank manager resigning there position going to Canada. Even if you decided to stay consider your unborn children for better future.
Hope is lost in this country bro
amliftedhigher:
People like the op will be envious of immigration controllers but alas he doesn't want to work towards that rank. I bet you no Nigerian will go to the USA or Canada if you give them job as an immigration controller
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
It guarantee no matter how much you are earning in Nigeria is just a token you can earn million of that within one month in Canada.
This country is mess up bro
ishaku4life2012:
Abeg, traveling abroad doesn't guarantee a brighter future. Get the job of immigration first and settle up. You may even gather enovgh & travel places around the world at ur convenience age. I graduated since 2014 from the University and yet, couldn't find a job. Utilize the little moment at ur own disposal by taking this lucrativ job my brother. I'm so happy for u indeed! Congratulation Officer in the making! The Lord is ur strengh & He shall vindicate u during ur active service to ur fatherland. Remember that ur beautiful moments start now..,
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Genea(f): 11:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
Sheezybobby:
Hello Palz,
A.M, Am a little bit confused, i graduated at a tender age of 19 years, Currently Serving at 20years of age. But My wish all this while is to travel to Abroad to Further/Relocate, but my parents want me to take a Nigeria Immigration Job, But am a Confused,

I want you to advise me friends, Cause am so confused, Also what is the Salary scale. (Immigration) for a B.sc graduate,
Bros, leave Naija ASAP. You would be glad that you did in the next ten years. Some people stayed in NIPOST when it was booming, some left. I am sure you know who is better off. Many of the NIPOST workers have been retired, others never became the big ogas. Btw big bank managers have left their jobs for Canada, talk less of a 140k job that you’d be begging travellers to give you chop money

3 Likes

Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by afroxyz: 12:04am On Nov 02, 2020
Because of a job with a salary of less than 150k you want to forgo travelling abroad. Why don't you go to where you can compete on a global stage. Which useless immigration job. What a question

1 Like

Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by WhiteNigerian(m): 12:15am On Nov 02, 2020
MikeMicheal:
NO PLACE LIKE HOME. STAY IN NIGERIA
Yeah true. But there are places better than home.

1 Like

Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by waldigit: 12:47am On Nov 02, 2020
Sheezybobby:
Hello Palz,

My friend you better get out fast.
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by thejourney200: 1:11am On Nov 02, 2020
Nigeria would never get better because we all are corrupt as can be deciphered from most of the response.
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Danny50: 1:39am On Nov 02, 2020
As calabar boy wey i be... Imagine the recuitment was halt because of corona but some people are even been recruited already I seriously weep for corruption in this country.
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Ikorodurealtor: 2:08am On Nov 02, 2020
I need this immigration job badly.
Will be happy if I can be connected
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Ashirioluwa: 2:18am On Nov 02, 2020
Sheezybobby:
Hello Palz,

I don't know how you want a stranger to advise you when you don't even take advice from those that close to you. Wonder how people turn to total strangers for opinions when it comes to life decision. If you are truly confused then get opinion from your parents, family and friends.
Most people come to nairaland with fake stories to fool others. Immigration job indeed
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by EndBuhariNow(m): 2:35am On Nov 02, 2020
You will be stupid to take that immigration job, Abroad stands more a chance, even boys are abandoning government work for greener pastures, do you know how much I earn daily in Taipei Couples with side businesses of sending goods home , in more 3yrs + with consistency and luck on my side am sure of becoming a naira billionaire , I will be happily relocate to my dream country... New Zealand... Nigeria is a stupid country full of stupid people without future
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Nobody: 2:36am On Nov 02, 2020
u can still take the immigration job while making plans to travel out
at least it give u an advantage in having a working experience and u can also save from your salary which u will use to move
if u planning to travel outside for studies even better
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Nobody: 2:41am On Nov 02, 2020
EndBuhariNow:
You will be stupid to take that immigration job, Abroad stands more a chance, even boys are abandoning government work for greener pastures, do you know how much I earn daily in Taipei Couples with side businesses of sending goods home , in more 3yrs + with consistency and luck on my side am sure of becoming a naira billionaire , I will be happily relocate to my dream country... New Zealand... Nigeria is a stupid country full of stupid people without future
he can still take the job cheesy and the money he earns from it he will be saving from it.He is still very young as he said he is 19 or is it 20.There is still time for him to travel out.A smart guy in his shoes would take the job for the meant time then save a substantial amount then when he is ready he can travel.A parent that is reasonable would support and even sponsor such plan.But for such a plan to go through that means for the mean time he shouldnt involve in a serious relationship with a woman cos if he involve he will get too comfortable and the next thing he will be thinking about is marriage hence the abroad plan thown out of the window.
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Nobody: 2:45am On Nov 02, 2020
Princedapace:
Gush, see how people are begging here!

It is such a shame!

Jobs like this shouldnt be based on connection. It is our tax used to pay these people. It should be open to all and not based on slots!

No wonder the country is so backward and someone even justified it!

I fear who no fear the black race! grin
the number of nigerians u saw on youtube and other social media videos breaking down warehouses and collecting rice,beans,garri marked with covid stickers should tell u many nigerians are starving.biko be reasonable cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Nobody: 3:00am On Nov 02, 2020
Genea:
Bros, leave Naija ASAP. You would be glad that you did in the next ten years. Some people stayed in NIPOST when it was booming, some left. I am sure you know who is better off. Many of the NIPOST workers have been retired, others never became the big ogas. Btw big bank managers have left their jobs for Canada, talk less of a 140k job that you’d be begging travellers to give you chop money
there is one mistake we nigerians tend to make.we are not ambitious and neither are we focused.i saw a post here someone was saying that in immigration as a fresh graduate u will be earning 250k monthly and so because of that op should shelve his traveling plans grin.imagine so earning 250k will be enough to shelve ur overseas ambition and just remain in one small cubicle sitting on a desk and be signing passports and collecting small egunje from customers till u are 60 yrs old grin.Na life be dat? cheesy.what stops him taking the job for the main time then still making his plans to travel while on the job and when he saved enough he can move.even during his time working he can search for good schools where he can do his Msc.There are ppl who during their youth there where not ambitious and where satisfied with the little salary they were getting.now in their old age they are regreting not to have made moves when opportunity came their way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Bbbwings: 3:27am On Nov 02, 2020
Danny50:
As calabar boy wey i be... Imagine the recuitment was halt because of corona but some people are even been recruited already I seriously weep for corruption in this country.
Dem don caryy handicap for you grin grin grin
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by Ashirioluwa: 3:43am On Nov 02, 2020
EndBuhariNow:

I don't think I will leave that place you are if I am lucky like you and I am sure that I will be billionaire in naira in 3 years plus. 1 billionaire is about US$2.8 millions bro. I don't know your profession but I believe you must be making a lot in that your field/business to be planning to rake in over US$ 2.8 millions in Taipei where the minimum wage is less than US$ 1000 per month. I will not bother to go New Zealand if I can make that much in Taipei
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by NaijaAlien: 3:46am On Nov 02, 2020
If you know what is Good.. Flee.. forget what anyone says...environment plays an important part, in the life of a human being...if you have the opportunity to go to a better and improved environment....then take it and Flee....ZOOGERIA.. has nothing to offer you....Use your head....Think of your future...drop sentiments....
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by EndBuhariNow(m): 4:07am On Nov 02, 2020
lefulefu:
he can still take the job cheesy and the money he earns from it he will be saving from it.He is still very young as he said he is 19 or is it 20.There is still time for him to travel out.A smart guy in his shoes would take the job for the meant time then save a substantial amount then when he is ready he can travel.A parent that is reasonable would support and even sponsor such plan.But for such a plan to go through that means for the mean time he shouldnt involve in a serious relationship with a woman cos if he involve he will get too comfortable and the next thing he will be thinking about is marriage hence the abroad plan thown out of the window.
countries are closing their borders, new stiffer immigration policies against Nigerians getting tougher, nothing like he is still young, I made my first international travel at the age of 16+.. I didn't succeed ,I was deceived by parents to stay back, I wasted 10 horrible years in Nigeria chasing shadows , when it down on me that parents were only living on delusion it's almost too late, do you know what they told me when I queries them They told me did anyone tied my hand to stay back, one boy here o helped secured a job where am working is merely 18+ when he came here , I taught him how to save and invest back wisely, this particular boy has became a millionaire , to you think any of his mate will see his back if he keep it this way in next few years because he has year on his side , Nigeria is a useless country , I knw this when I moved out

1 Like

Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by fabson21(m): 4:34am On Nov 02, 2020
My advice for you is to stay back home and working if you have the offer in working in immigration not by traveling out that matters what matters is purpose moat people out abroad are suffering, you can as well visit any country of your choice when you are on vacation and make a choice on what to do bro.
We when dey abroad nor dey enjoy oh na work work work no time for yourself at times on less you don't have document
Re: Travelling Abroad Or Taking Immigration Job? by olmoRoc: 6:07am On Nov 02, 2020
Take the immigration job.

Unless you have skills which you can survive on, and some cash to sustain yourself for awhile, don't travel.

Take it from someone who's been living abroad for almost 30 years.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ugandan Hotel Job Advert: Indians & White Persons Are Preferred (Photo) / Massive Recruitment At Accion Microfinance Bank Limited / FG Begins Online Registration Of Unemployed Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.