Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested (68062 Views)

Protest In Ibadan over Economic Hardship, food inflation & high cost of living / Sunday Igboho's Supporters Protest In Ibadan Over DSS Raid (Photo) / Protests In Ibadan Over Alleged Secession Agenda Of Yoruba Nation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Nchenches: 9:07pm On Nov 02, 2020
Gov Wike’s soldiers in Oyigbo did worse things to women in Oyigbo.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by 7victor(m): 9:07pm On Nov 02, 2020
Jeezuzpick:
Hope say no be audio arrest.......

Up till now, Army no gree tok which soldiers go do de work for Lekki.

I feel so also.

Remember how till today, Nigeria has refused to prosecute those soldiers who killed policemen who arrested the kidnapper,Wadume.

In Nigeria, you can't do anything to a soldier even if he or she commits crime.

That female soldier that beat up a man for saying she is beautiful. Nothing was done to her.

But Nigeria is more bold to punish civilians,police, paramilitary.

But there seems to be an unwritten law in Nigeria that since soldiers defend the country, they're higher than the country.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Mpanyi: 9:08pm On Nov 02, 2020
This country is heading to a catastrophic end just by the actions of their forces. Would they treat a woman in hijab like this? They didn't have any right of any sort to dehumanize the lady like this.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by 12inchess: 9:10pm On Nov 02, 2020
3 things. 1)The soldier should be dismissed. 2)The guy should be put in jail for assault. 3)Nigerian Army must compensate all the victims. Anything less is just a bloody waste of our time.

But should one expect this from an organization that kills young adults in a Massacre and denies it and calls it photoshop.

F. uck Nigerian Army. Bloody officers.If it is BH now, they will be doing tactical retreat and manoever.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by jrusky(m): 9:11pm On Nov 02, 2020
Not only arrest them detain them and compel the DHQ to discipline them with zero mercy.

I dont know when army now become the unit to determine dress code.

Things are happening as if I'm no longer from millitary background because what I know about army years back its no longer what I'm seen now all I could see are just nonentities in army uniform headed by Quack Generals going around only to showcase some metals like botton with star shape and eagle with no millitary intelligence and capability than to become NEPA officials switcing on and off electricity at toll gate to killed innocent.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Vacora(m): 9:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
We want his pictures publicised as a deterrent and to improve public confidence.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Nchenches: 9:16pm On Nov 02, 2020
Soldiers in patrol of the streets in a Nigeria where war is not officially declared is very abnormal.

But the soldiers are protecting the skewed and lopsided political structure of Nigeria created by soldiers from north. Soldiers on roadblocks especially in the south intimidate civilians against possible uprising against the skewed political structure.

A country where soldiers do the job of police is a failed country.

Nigeria failed after northern military dictators created 20 new political units in the northern region but created only an average of 8.5 new political units in each of Western and Eastern regions.
East, West and North regions formed Nigeria in 1960.

Land mass or population statistics is never used as criterion to proliferate too many new political units in a region with large land mass or population in a country formed by different regions. Doing that amounts to consigning political and economic advantages to the region where the excess number of new political units were created.

Restructure Nigeria politically now; or Referendum on Nigeria now.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by wirinet(m): 9:18pm On Nov 02, 2020
What does this statement mean?

I have immediately reached out to the Commandant of the Operation Burst and I’ve been assured that the men involved in this distasteful operation have been arrested and taken to the barracks — they will be dealt with accordingly. This will not repeat itself again in Oyo State.

You have been assured of what, and what does arrested and taken to the barracks mean? The poor lady physically assaulted need justice, and assurance will not give the lady justice.

Where are human rights lawyers in Nigeria? Have they all gone to sleep? That soldier must be dismissed and made to face the regular court.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by wirinet(m): 9:21pm On Nov 02, 2020
Nchenches:
Gov Wike’s soldiers in Oyigbo did worse things to women in Oyigbo.
You are a sadist. So because governor wike's soldiers in oyigbo did worse things, that would justify soldiers flogging your sister, wife or worse your mother on flimsy excuses.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by SeriouslySense(m): 9:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
All people should be treated well but is more shocking, since its a woman, she should be treated more kindly, we all have mothers, and sisters or most of us have a sister and mother, you know how they need more kindness.
deliveryboy:
Why don’t male victims get such swift judgements. If a man is beaten/flogged or harassed no one does anything about it.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by ajl: 9:24pm On Nov 02, 2020
I just watched the video about an hour ago and I was hoping that justice will prevail. Hopefully it does till the end.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by mechanics(m): 9:27pm On Nov 02, 2020
Good one, no lawlessness in the NA.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by realstars: 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
Eye Opener
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by IMASTEX: 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2020
NNEWIsuper:
I knew it will come to that.. Internet is a great tool against the military people
True but the lawlessness in the country keep encouraging them to do worse. If a soldier sees his mate dismissed, deranked, jailed or put on deductions for months because of violation of human right. I don't see another trying nonsense, let alone pulling a trigger against an unarmed individuals knowing that he too must be sentence to death.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by sirp9898(m): 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2020
na 4 s w if
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Proper1(m): 9:32pm On Nov 02, 2020
It will be good for the public to know the kind of

punishment been metered on for such an

unprofessional misconduct.. in the name of army
" Dem No See Their Mate For Rescue Mission"

We'll be glad to see them serve public

punishment as such will be more convincing to the general public not

a secret or court Marshall.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Rawhumper(m): 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2020
tyup:
When I saw the Video I knew the Day wouldn't end without them getting arrested or court Marshalled.

Meanwhile; No Igbo, SS governors or Politicians and their Elite folks in General has come out openly to condemn the on going Dastardly military operations going on in their Region. I atimes wonder what typa leader those regions are Blessed with. Anyways thank God I'm not from there sad

THATS WHY WE DONT WANT THE LIKES OF ORJI KALU, OKOROAWUSA, PETER OBI, EVEN EMEKA IHEDIAOHA ETC.

THEIR time is up, as for The yeye Nigerian Military, Are u all not ashamed parading urselves where unarmed civilians Are.

God punish those in nairaland, praising The Military like one bush man that Said he is yet to See the Military misbehave, i didnt comment because he was senseless.

I rather save an armed robber than save a Nigerian Military personnel or Police.

I have stopped greeting all Military or Police i See on The Road...they Are bunch of losers and cowards!!!

Let the World see how full of shit our Military Are and how The citizens of Nigeria dont regard them.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 02, 2020
7victor:

I feel so also.

Remember how till today, Nigeria has refused to prosecute those soldiers who killed policemen who arrested the kidnapper,Wadume.

In Nigeria, you can't do anything to a soldier even if he or she commits crime.

That female soldier that beat up a man for saying she is beautiful. Nothing was done to her.

But Nigeria is more bold to punish civilians,police, paramilitary.

But there seems to be an unwritten law in Nigeria that since soldiers defend the country, they're higher than the country.
Well it's believed that a soldier is no longer a human being but a machine used by a country. They don't have emotions but only obey the last order.
So they can't be held responsible for any thing they do.
It is the country that is responsible for the acts of a soldier.
That is why the attorney general of Nigeria excluded soldiers from prosecution in the case involving Wadume.
Soldiers are injected with some drugs all in a bit to change them from humans to machines usable only by the country.
So the country is always responsible for the acts of soldiers.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2020
NNEWIsuper:
I knew it will come to that.. Internet is a great tool against the military people
Thats why they want to block it
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by donMIG(m): 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2020
Soja sabi flog oo... U no go knw till u jam
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by ugbanante: 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2020
A man who is determined to die isnt afraid of bullets. We are still hustling to end the hijacked protest, army done start their own. Nigerians are watching oh...
The army brutality is hiking.... Loading....almost full.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by FLYFIRE(m): 9:48pm On Nov 02, 2020
falcon01:
Nigeria don dey work
AUDIO ARRESTS. No soldier WILL behave like this if they really arrest & discipline them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 02, 2020
deliveryboy:
Why don’t male victims get such swift judgements. If a man is beaten/flogged or harassed no one does anything about it.
That is why if you want to set someone up, just provide an evidence that the person has afflicted a woman.

Both men and women will be out calling for the person's head.

But if you want people to have a good fun, provide evidence that a man has been afflicted.

All men and women will be out rejoicing.

So many men will stupidly be having erection and women will be sexually excited.

Everyone will be sickly excited.

Sometime I use to wonder if people can't have orgasm unless they see a man being afflicted.

And many men are so stupid that they can't differentiate between humiliation and sexual pleasure.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by SeriouslySense(m): 9:48pm On Nov 02, 2020
One is not even sure if Justice will prevail, the soldier behaves like boko haram
ajl:
I just watched the video about an hour ago and I was hoping that justice will prevail. Hopefully it does till the end.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Hindex: 9:50pm On Nov 02, 2020
44media:
Do you have a YouTube Channel and you are fustrated because you could not get subscribers and watch hours to monetize the channel ? ? ?
We are Team of Professional Digital Marketer who can help your channel get Real and Legit Thousands of subscribers and watch hour regardless of the numbers of subscribers you want within a short period of time.

Also, if you want a manager who can help you manage your YouTube channel to grow, we can help in managing and making quality videos for the channel.

Furthermore, if you want to learn professional Video editing to make your YouTube video regardless of your YouTube channel Niche.

Kindly Contact us by Call or send WhatsApp message to

07 03 43 56 12 6

Just a question. Which smartphone can you recommend for vlogging
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by capitalzero: 9:50pm On Nov 02, 2020
IamHeWrites:
Oyo State Commissioner for Youth and Sports Development Seun Fakorede says the soldiers who were caught on camera flogging a woman for what they termed ‘indecent dressing’ in the state have been arrested, Igbere TV reports.

Mr Fakorede stated this in a Twitter thread on Monday.

The soldiers were deployed in the streets of Beere in Ibadan, Oyo State to curb the #EndSARS protest.

Tweeting about their arrest, the commissioner wrote:

https://twitter.com/TheSeunFakorede/status/1323179255417757697?s=19

In the video, some of the soldiers were seen mocking the woman by chanting ‘End SARS’.

The soldiers also reportedly shaved the hair of a young man with a a pair of scissors after flogging him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=875POoCY3e8

Audio arrest!!!
Have they been charged to Court? What is essence of office of DPP.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Germi9: 9:52pm On Nov 02, 2020
what you can't try in Sambisa..see finish kee u dia
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Sterope(f): 9:56pm On Nov 02, 2020
This is not about training. It is about culture and consequence!

Evidence1000:
Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This is what happens in a country where most soldiers who join the military do not undergo full training but become soldiers as a result of connections.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by andyanders: 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2020
falcon01:
Nigeria don dey work
Forget that. That is an audio arrest. They will not do anything to them. Why is it till now, nothing has been done to arrest Nwafor of SARS. The system is just faulty. All SARS officials that committed crime against humanity, their pictures suppossed to be published on the media.

These guys are pure armed robbers who operate with official logo as government law officers.
Re: Soldier Who Flogged Woman In Ibadan Over 'Indecent Dressing' Arrested by Cali4by4: 10:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
Lies.

Need to see their faces and all in handcufss..names too...they did it public anyway..we should know them as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rivers Lockdown: Port Harcourt Roads In Pictures / Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate / Pictures From Abubakar Audu's Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.