Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,398 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? (18434 Views)

The Worst Action Your Partner Took After A Breakup? / How Do You Cope Without Sex After A Breakup? / 9 Things To Avoid After A Breakup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by MissyB3(f): 12:03pm On Mar 14, 2011
Pain of whatever kind is not gender-specific.

I'd like to think the one who invested more in the relatioship should have a more difficult time moving on, irrespective of the gender.
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by turboman(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2011
From my point of view, it depends on who dumps who. A breakup is always fueled more by one party.
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by Meldrick(m): 12:32pm On Mar 14, 2011
190:

Yeah my favourite ex ran after a banker after dating her for 2yrs ( Infact i trained her from her 1st year in the uni to her finals )

except paying her school fees the rest came in from me, she got 2 her finals and ran after a banker ( I ALMOST DIED ) grin grin grin

Guy I really can feel you strongly. It almost happened to me. I felt like breaking her neck. After investing my time, money, emotions and when she graduated she started seeing men. Those guys were not there when I was building her. Ahhhhh Woman bad sha. woman woman. Heartbreak is an understatement for what I was suffering. My heart was scattered and shattered.
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by 190: 12:43pm On Mar 14, 2011
Meldrick:

Guy I really can feel you strongly. It almost happened to me. I felt like breaking her neck. After investing my time, money, emotions and when she graduated she started seeing men. Those guys were not there when I was building her. Ahhhhh Woman bad sha. woman woman. Heartbreak is an understatement for what I was suffering. My heart was scattered and shattered.

Lol, I died and came back

I tried to look tough but the more i pretended the more i wept deep inside of me

Make GOD PUNISH THAT GIRL E NOR GO BETTER FOR AM!! angry angry
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by tope2011(f): 12:43pm On Mar 14, 2011
190:

Yeah my favourite ex ran after a banker after dating her for 2yrs ( Infact i trained her from her 1st year in the uni to her finals )

except paying her school fees the rest came in from me, she got 2 her finals and ran after a banker ( I ALMOST DIED )  grin  grin  grin

who wouldnt dump your aRse.since i joined nl,all i hear is every girl dumping ur arse.it must really be pathetic being u.
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by 190: 12:47pm On Mar 14, 2011
tope2011:

who wouldnt dump your aRse.since i joined nl,all i hear is every girl dumping your arse.it must really be pathetic being u.

Listen OLD FOOL:: grin grin

Im talking bout some real poo not some Online MERRY GO ROUND!! undecided

Look at your old backside, how aint i sure you did the same thing 2 a dude who trained you through school  grin  grin

U joined NL some days back and u know about me already ( Talk 2 the hands )
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by chiozor: 12:59pm On Mar 14, 2011
for women saying here it depends on who invested much, they are saying bullcrap angry.
even devil know that a man invest more in all relationship.
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by tope2011(f): 1:04pm On Mar 14, 2011
190:

Listen OLD FOOL:: grin grin

Im talking bout some real poo not some Online MERRY GO ROUND!! undecided

Look at your old backside, how aint i sure you did the same thing 2 a dude who trained you through school  grin  grin

U joined NL some days back and u know about me already ( Talk 2 the hands )

even before i joined nl,i was wondering how u could be so shameless to engage women in fights. the reason women dump ur sorry arse is because u beat them up and u are weak `down there`.sure u are one of those 2 minutes men. angry
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by alrightna: 1:23pm On Mar 14, 2011
A Bitch is always a Bitch!!! within 3-5days they move on to the next, Don't Dull!!!
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2011
Could be either men or women. Depends on who invested the most (financially and/or emotionally), or who stands to lose the most. I've discovered that women move on very quickly and without remorse or gratitude if the guy they broke up with is pretty much an 'average joe' in terms of money, status and all else. But they nearly die of heartbreak if the guy they broke up with is a very desirable guy (rich, etc.). When they remember all the awoof suya, isiewu, point-and-kill peppersoup, cash hand-outs, endless 'trips', gifts, rain of recharge-cards, gettaways to exotic places, and so on which they enjoyed from the guy. . .all of which made her the envy of her friends. . .they would nearly commit suicide when the relationship ends (unless she was lucky enough to meet an even 'bigger boy' shortly before or after the break-up).
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by dbigrod(m): 1:41pm On Mar 14, 2011
pro01:

Could be either men or women. Depends on who invested the most (financially and/or emotionally), or who stands to lose the most. I've discovered that women move on very quickly and without remorse or gratitude if the guy they broke up with is pretty much an 'average joe' in terms of money, status and all else. But they nearly die of heartbreak if the guy they broke up with is a very desirable guy (rich, etc.). When they remember all the awoof suya, isiewu, point-and-kill peppersoup, cash hand-outs, endless 'trips', gifts, rain of recharge-cards, gettaways to exotic places, and so on which they enjoyed from the guy. . .all of which made her the envy of her friends. . .they would nearly commit suicide when the relationship ends (unless she was lucky enough to meet an even 'bigger boy' shortly before or after the break-up).

lmao
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by ifyalways(f): 2:13pm On Mar 14, 2011
Whoever that invested more . . .emotionally especially.
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by NeroPapas(m): 2:23pm On Mar 14, 2011
I think its not about being a man or a woman in this case. If it's the man that puts in more into the relationship and it still collapse, he's going to have a hard time recovering. The woman on the other hand, contributed little or nothing so there's no heartbreak. It could be the other way round too. Conclusively, whoever hold the relationship in high esteem suffers more after breakup while the other party recover faster. grin
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by iconoclast(m): 2:52pm On Mar 14, 2011
What we should be concerned about here is not really who recovers first, but rather pays for the recovery, if you know what i mean. I'm talking about rebound dating here, i had a not so pleasant experience not quit long ago when i had the misfortune of dating a girl who had just broken up with her ex. She cared little if i had a good personality or not and was more interested in bedroom sessions. This went on and on for about two months when she got over her ex. Guess what happened next - she dump me, reason - she wasn't interested in a relationship! I felt so used and from that moment swore never to date a girl who has recently had a falling with her ex.

A piece of advice thou to those who have been unfortunately dumped; take your time to plan what you want to do next. Don't rush into any relationship on account of the fact that are lonely. This way you don't get to be like the not so serious lackey who dumped you in the first place.
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by adagz01(m): 3:02pm On Mar 14, 2011
NeroPapas:

I think its not about being a man or a woman in this case. If it's the man that puts in more into the relationship and it still collapse, he's going to have a hard time recovering. The woman on the other hand, contributed little or nothing so there's no heartbreak. It could be the other way round too. Conclusively, whoever hold the relationship in high esteem suffers more after breakup while the other party recover faster. grin
exactly,nothing more
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by iyke4iwu(m): 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2011
men recover faster!!! i just breakup with my love just last week. and since then her phone is totally switched off.
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by gabriel4u(m): 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2011
The ladies quickly recovered, because already they always av guyz pending, and whn their hrt is broken they easily pick up 1.
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by SALady(f): 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2011
pro01:

eerrhhmmm! Not so fast, please highlight that the situation above is only more devastating if girl was seeing all these things you've mentioned here for the first time through the guy. Adnd obviously cant afford to get them herself. Otherwise any joe can hit the road if he is not meet the basic requirements. For a girl who can afford all these things, the issue is the TIME, let me say that again TIME  wasted on the man while she could have been doing other things with her life.
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by MrsChima(f): 3:23pm On Mar 14, 2011
LMAO@men healing faster from a heartbreak.   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by biola44: 3:25pm On Mar 14, 2011
i dont think is a sex issue,
it depends on the individual
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by SALady(f): 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2011
I've learned that th equickest way to recover from a breakup, is to see a breakup coming from a mile away and then start working on an exit plan. Lets be honest, most of the time we know when things arent so great anymore in a relationship, right?

Guys you know those moments, remember those times when anything that came out of your mouth just annoyed the crap out of her. Now those are the near end moments, and remember how the relationship crambled no matter how hard you tried to keep things together, mm those moments indeed, will save you a nasty heartache.

Those red flags are saying get out while you still have all the dignity in you.
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by bizmogul(m): 3:50pm On Mar 14, 2011
From my own view, it depends on the individual's mind build up; male or female. It depends on the individual's ability to handle such emotional issues. While some men might resort to drinking, some others might resort to engaging in activities that they love doing either playing games, or football, basketball and hanging out with friends. Another thing to consider is one whose side is the break up coming from, if it is the man then believe me he has consolation somewhere and if it is from the woman she also has solace in another man.

THis is my 2 cents on this issue
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by Ranoscky(m): 4:46pm On Mar 14, 2011
Depends!
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by Freiburger(m): 4:58pm On Mar 14, 2011
ifyalways:

Whoever that invested more . . .emotionally especially.

na so mi i see am too.
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by LilyZ(f): 4:58pm On Mar 14, 2011
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 14, 2011
What does having a cock or vijay have to do with this?
this is an emotional thing. Who ever is stronger emotionally
will get over it the quickest.
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by harakiri(m): 5:27pm On Mar 14, 2011
Personally, i believe women recover faster. Check out these scenarios :

(1)Woman : If she's dumped by the guy, she might cry buckets of tears and by evening, she's already gotten a couple of phone numbers and within 2 weeks, she's madly in love with one of her admirers. If she dumps the guy, she's already dumped him emotionally earlier on and most times, she's already been seeing someone else and therefore, the breakup up discussion is just a formality.

(2)Man : If he's dumped by a woman, he goes on remission for a while ranging from months to years wondering where he went wrong and where he can make adjustments. During this phase, having casual sex takes great effort. If he dumps the girl, he's probably dumping her for some other girl or he just wants time to be himself.

Either way you look at it, it's much easier on the woman you sheds all the tears and that's it. On the other hand, the guy's heart bleeds for a much longer period.

My 2 cents!
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:40pm On Mar 14, 2011
harakiri:

Personally, i believe women recover faster. Check out these scenarios :

(1)Woman : If she's dumped by the guy, she might cry buckets of tears and by evening, she's already gotten a couple of phone numbers and within 2 weeks, she's madly in love with one of her admirers. If she dumps the guy, she's already dumped him emotionally earlier on and most times, she's already been seeing someone else and therefore, the breakup up discussion is just a formality.

(2)Man : If he's dumped by a woman, he goes on remission for a while ranging from months to years wondering where he went wrong and where he can make adjustments. During this phase, having casual sex takes great effort. If he dumps the girl, he's probably dumping her for some other girl or he just wants time to be himself.

Either way you look at it, it's much easier on the woman you sheds all the tears and that's it. On the other hand, the guy's heart bleeds for a much longer period.

My 2 cents!

its actually the opposite

women take time recover especially if she is the one who has been dumped

women use emotions when it comes to sex they fall hard when dumped

men we dont use emotion hence we can fc.uk 20 women in a 3 weeks with no emotional attachment

on overall it depends on how deep one was in love, men may not show emotions on recovering since we play macho

women stay indoors stay off man for while etc i say woman tend to take time to recover based on how deep she was in love
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by ritapearl(f): 5:53pm On Mar 14, 2011
chiozor:

for women saying here it depends on who invested much, they are saying bullcrap angry.
even devil know that a man invest more in all relationship.

Where did you get your survey from? Yes i agree most men invest more in a relationship but some women also invest more than some men in a relationship.
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by titsqueez(m): 6:57pm On Mar 14, 2011
i think men feel it more for sure. even the ones that regularly cheat on their babes take it very bad when they are dumped. its almost like 'how dare she dump me'
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by Goldieluks: 7:14pm On Mar 14, 2011
tit_squeez:

i think men feel it more for sure. even the ones that regularly cheat on their babes take it very bad when they are dumped. its almost like 'how dare she dump me'

Hahaha,your post reminds me of something i did,some days back.

@OP,Men do feel it most,women feel it,but for a while.
Re: Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 14, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

its actually the opposite

women take time recover especially if she is the one who has been dumped

women use emotions when it comes to sex they fall hard when dumped

men we dont use emotion hence we can fc.uk 20 women in a 3 weeks with no emotional attachment

on overall it depends on how deep one was in love, men may not show emotions on recovering since we play macho

women stay indoors stay off man for while etc i say woman tend to take time to recover based on how deep she was in love

I can see how you've come to that conclusion. . .interesting. I agree however that is what we see
as the 'norm' we both know there are women who are able to s3x with no strings and men who
will kill themselves if dumped after having that 'passionate moment' grin grin

but overall i dig it! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hausa Babes Are Hottest Nigerian Babes? [SEE PHOTOS] / My Fiancee Is Not Even Talking About Valentine / She Tells Me She Loves Me But Her Attitude Tells A Different Story.what Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.