Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? (20424 Views)

My Friend's Future In-Laws Live In Kaduna, How Safe Are The Roads? / How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently / I Fear For The Life Of My Son- How Can I Overcome This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Mummymahdi(f): 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Men bros i don't know how married people are doing it o. If a single person is struggling how about people with kids and a wife.

The struggle no b here oo
Person go sometimes feel as if he can't do again. Am a woman (widowed ) with 5kids and no govt work but am trading.

10 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Kokaine(m): 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2020
cococandy:
This is definitely a valid concern for everyone right now. Even so called western heavens are turning on their heads. But I completely get that there’s a big difference between the bad of these countries that we escape to and the bad of Nigeria. Nigeria’s bad is on another level.
I dont even know what countries to look at. I was browsing Saudi Arabia yesterday and its like a no go area. Dubai now is not a favourable place for Nigerians. Every other place in the west needs one to have a large amount of money. Somehow I need a girlfriend with a rich dad with connection. That's the only basis I will settle down now. Cos I need to leave this country

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by stonecoldcafe: 3:15pm On Dec 14, 2020
Litmus:
As someone born abroad and whose formative years were in Nigeria, I would advice Nigerians to let their children grow up in Nigeria. Characters formed in Nigeria are unbeatable. Beyond the ages of 12 it is safe to send them abroad to school if you wish. If I could influence the black world, I would have them send their children to their nations of “genetic” origin during the formative years. I would have African Americans send their children to grow up in Nigeria or other African nations or the Caribbean, between the ages of I to 13 year old. After this, return them to America, Europe or wherever in the world you choose. It is absolutely vital that you let your black child form their character in Africa before moving them abroad if you wish. In Africa, Nigeria is the best place.

I understand where you are coming from. I relocated permanently a few years back. I know what I ran away from in Nigeria but I love who I am. I love my reasoning, culture and I cherish my growing up years and memories as a child in Nigeria. I even go boarding house sef. Then I think if my unborn kids not having any of that (minus boarding house experience o) and I kinda feel sad.

In my head, I'm still thinking how I can make it work. My parents are older now and I wouldn't want to burden them with screaming children all over again for long stretches. My siblings japa like me too. How then can I do it? Perhaps come at some point with them on long holidays? Hmmmm. What of my work? Would that short time be long enough sef to infuse Naija blood in them? Would they even manage to learn pidgin in that time grin
Thinking, worrying nor dey finish for this life o smiley

4 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Reelmii: 3:19pm On Dec 14, 2020
Litmus:
As someone born abroad and whose formative years were in Nigeria, I would advice Nigerians to let their children grow up in Nigeria. Characters formed in Nigeria are unbeatable. Beyond the ages of 12 it is safe to send them abroad to school if you wish. If I could influence the black world, I would have them send their children to their nations of “genetic” origin during the formative years. I would have African Americans send their children to grow up in Nigeria or other African nations or the Caribbean, between the ages of I to 13 year old. After this, return them to America, Europe or wherever in the world you choose. It is absolutely vital that you let your black child form their character in Africa before moving them abroad if you wish. In Africa, Nigeria is the best place.
this is the best, I did it for my 2 kids.. I promised my self I would never have any of my children here in Nigeria but I will give them their home training in Nigeria before they go back, and I thank God for helping me to achieve that....

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by stonecoldcafe: 3:21pm On Dec 14, 2020
Reelmii:
this is the best, I did it for my 2 kids.. I promised my self I would never have any of my children here in Nigeria but I will give them their home training in Nigeria before they go back, and I thank God for helping me to achieve that....

Lucky you. Your kids are blessed
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by smallsmall: 3:21pm On Dec 14, 2020
MisterRuk:
Many will people think their father has the smallest farm in the village until they visit other people's farm. Nigeria may be in a deep situation right now but even at that we're better than other nations especially in here Africa. I'm not a buhari supporter but our democracy and freedom better pass some other country.
There is money in Nigeria, but we don't know how to manage the resources to make wealth. All the billions that politicians are looting does not come from thin air, it's from the country, let us get it back!. The are planning to leave this country and so are the commoners, if everyone leaves who will develop Nigeria? The Chinese?
National development is down-upward movement. If all we citizens do is to sulk and curse the nation and the black race, Nigeria will remain the same or worse in 30years. How many people pray for the nation and it's leaders or at least say "God bless Nigeria?" If the little factors of our society are messed up then the big things like education, healthcare, economy, security, roads, housing etc will be messed up. We say "corrupt politicians, corrupt politicians" but I tell you, some ordinary Nigerian are worse, they just haven't gotten the chance.
How many of us have stood up and voiced against the series of injustice and misconduct like child abuse happening in our local communities?
How many people are interested in local community development?
Every great nation was built by it's people not the government. Let us fight for what is ours and invest in our nation positively or else those sneaky Chinese imperialists would get richer and powerful by feeding on our resources, but by then it won't be problem of the buhari and the politicians we're insulting.
Nigeria would be great if we desire it to be. Not just by mere words. God bless Nigeria.

I like your OPTIMISM.

There is a popular and universally true Phrase: WORK and PRAY.
We have prayed and prayed for Nigeria, nothing has changed and it keeps getting worse.
Nigeria is very rich but the few People looting it into oblivion are the problem.
Nigerian Youths TRIED TO GET BACK THEIR COUNTRY, using the #EndSARS, #EndBadGovernment Protests but you and l saw how they were murdered in Cold Blood, using the same Armed Forces they feed and equip with out Tax.
What else do you want Nigerians to do?
Stay and die? Fight and die? Run, live and come back to fight another day?

How do you stand and fight a Govt that turns military Weapons on UNARMED Protesters, without the help of the International Community (ICC, UNHCR, Military Powers) and Nigerians in Diaspora?

It seems most Nigerians still dont understand the kind of enemy they are facing in this country. Enemies of Nigeria are mostly Politicians and Elites Govt, they will not give up without a bloody fight.
Go and read about the History of Ghana, the same country whose Citizens "ran away" from Ghana and came here to be immigrant Shoe-Shiners, teachers, menial labourers. Until Jerry Rawlings of blessed memory decided that the time has come to seize his Country back from these enemies who call themselves "Politicians and leaders".

That is the only hope for Nigeria, prayer session has come and gone.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Reelmii: 3:25pm On Dec 14, 2020
stonecoldcafe:

I understand where you are coming from. I relocated permanently a few years back. I know what I ran away from in Nigeria but I love who I am. I love my reasoning, culture and I cherish my growing up years and memories as a child in Nigeria. I even go boarding house sef. Then I think if my unborn kids not having any of that (minus boarding house experience o) and I kinda feel sad.

In my head, I'm still thinking how I can make it work. My parents are older now and I wouldn't want to burden them with screaming children all over again for long stretches. My siblings japa like me too. How then can I do it? Perhaps come at some point with them on long holidays? Hmmmm. What of my work? Would that short time be long enough sef to infuse Naija blood in them? Would they even manage to learn pidgin in that time grin
Thinking, worrying nor dey finish for this life o smiley
it depends on the stage or age ur kids are
if they are still kids, like 1- 5,6 years of age, frequent visit to Nigeria can still teach them a bit because kids pick up easily but if they are already in their teens, it will require them to live here to pick up

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Nairalanders Who Of Recent Have Kids In Nigeria. Do You Fear For Their Future?

Nigeria is in a terrible state the worst state it has ever been. Youth unemployment of over 80 percent. Low wages. The world's poverty capital. Crippling hunger and insane food inflation. With all this problems here and there, a few of my friends have vowed never to have kids till they escape from the country but I still see young small children here and there who were born 1 to 3 years ago.

Nairalanders who recently had kids how do you feel about your kids? Do you worry about their future or are you optimistic that Nigeria might become a better place in the future for your children. How do you also take care of them with the rising cost of everything from transport to food, rent and all basic necessities?

Nigeria?? The number of people I'do assist almost on daily basis Is worrisome most especially family people. The begging Is out of this world. You'll see people with 3to4kids staying In Just one room. There Is a family woman I borrowed 10k last month and she promised to refund me back first week of december. Until now I haven't heard from her......

6 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by alarm4: 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2020
I have two 2 kid already and unsecure job at hand if I say unsecure job u knw wht I meant as long as u earn a salary a day will come u will surely live the job and retire ...so all jobs are all unsecure..

Now talking about Nigeria in future today I fear for life of my kid in nija cos thins are no longer same as in thus old days.
Check Nigeria coute of arm's symbol
Someone shld understand thtat Nigeria are never meant to be one nation.
Ni-ge-ria wazobia, yoruba-hausa-igbo
This is 3 country as one Nation......
They shld be separated and see them grow differently

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by xrayj(m): 3:35pm On Dec 14, 2020
Raalsalghul:

It's the black man's way: they let the short euphoria of having a child overcloud the negative realities of the environment in which that kid will be raised.

Whenever I see folks celebrating the birth of a child in this shithole, I asked myself if they've paused for a second and wondered what future they are leaving for their offspring.

Birthing everywhere, yet jobs are not being created to accommodate the growing population.
You sound so reasonable bro!
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
Raalsalghul:

The fact that I'm still single is of relief to me: at least when shit hits the fan, no partner or kids to worry about.. grin grin grin grin grin

This Is me here and I'm doing quite fine In all ramification by God's grace and mercies. But A lot of Poverty Stricken Zombies have been brainwashed procreation Is mandatory. People who can hardly feed will be giving birth to Kids anyhow. Useless people.......

6 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by MisterRuk(m): 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2020
Gerrard59:

Many Nigerians in their twenties and early thirties did that when they were young, today, wetin dem gain? undecidedWhat has changed? BTW, are you saying that prayers develop a country?
But it's better than to complain and curse like most folks do on nairaland. Your believe system controls a lot of things, I'm not talking religion here. 80 percent of the time, Nigerians curse and spread negativity. They say all day "this country is cursed" "Africa is the devil's playground", " the soul of the black man is full of evil " .
Why is it an acceptable mindset for people to believe that dark powers and voodoo is behind a problem, but stupidity to take positive spiritual actions? I'm not saying that we should carry anointing oil and start cabashing then fold our hands and do nothing. If we believe in a devil then we should also believe in a stronger Elohim too.
Little things like faith, blessings, and positive energy go a long way to change things.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Don't expect your post to gain traction, a lot of Nigerians are still in denial and will keep popping out kids in false hopes that the country will get better.

Fact check: it won't! angry
I wanted to Laugh but I ended up cryin to the bolded embarassed
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Raalsalghul: 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2020
Evolutionlove:

This Is me here and I'm doing quite fine In all ramification by God's grace and mercies. But A lot of Poverty Stricken Zombies have been brainwashed procreation Is mandatory. People who can hardly feed will be giving birth to Kids anyhow. Useless people.......

Don't blame them: it's the society and conditioning. Nigerian pastors are the worst: you can see the thread about Adeboye praying for single men to get married not minding their economic conditions or personal intentions.

8 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Reex12(m): 3:49pm On Dec 14, 2020
fact is na only poor people go complain about naija
go and ask davido,kiddwaya or yusuf buhari if they will say the same

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Seyzcham91(m): 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2020
This shouldn't be a question again na as it's a known fact
tensazangetsu20:
Nairalanders Who Of Recent Have Kids In Nigeria. Do You Fear For Their Future?

Nigeria is in a terrible state the worst state it has ever been. Youth unemployment of over 80 percent. Low wages. The world's poverty capital. Crippling hunger and insane food inflation. With all this problems here and there, a few of my friends have vowed never to have kids till they escape from the country but I still see young small children here and there who were born 1 to 3 years ago.

Nairalanders who recently had kids how do you feel about your kids? Do you worry about their future or are you optimistic that Nigeria might become a better place in the future for your children. How do you also take care of them with the rising cost of everything from transport to food, rent and all basic necessities?
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Raalsalghul: 3:54pm On Dec 14, 2020
seanwilliam:
I wanted to Laugh but I ended up cryin to the bolded embarassed

Bro, how them stillmaticOg and co. It's been long I was at that side.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Seyzcham91(m): 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2020
same as me

i still leave kids for heaven now to dey enjoy

if i dey okay and where i need be to bring them to this world i would but won't dare do such now or in this God forsaken corntree to avoid my kids cursing me later in future
Raalsalghul:

The fact that I'm still single is of relief to me: at least when shit hits the fan, no partner or kids to worry about.. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 14, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Don't blame them: it's the society and conditioning. Nigerian pastors are the worst: you can see the thread about Adeboye praying for single men to get married not minding their economic conditions or personal intentions.

Apt and very well said. PHCN bill for my residence this month alone Is N48,000 and I usually pay N18,000 which Is even on the high side. It took me donkey years before I understood the Hypocricy, Deception, and Manipulation going on In this Nation....

6 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Raalsalghul: 3:59pm On Dec 14, 2020
Reex12:
fact is na only poor people go complain about naija
go and ask davido,kiddwaya or yusuf buhari if they will say the same

No matter how rotten a system is, it'll always favor a few.

Continue, you hear!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Bro, how them stillmaticOg and co. It's been long I was at that side.

See ehn, I've given up on Nigeria and ready to leave. My only problem is if the country I want to go to will accept me.

Though there are some moments where I think of staying back but the news on Nairaland frontpage alone is enough to keep the "struggle to jakpa" going.
bro it is just as if you know my heart .. I don Dey start the process I’m just trying to cross the necessary ts and dots the Is. some of my friends wey Dey overs came home now for festive. Honestly they are not looking bad atall and most of them said they working towards getting citizen in every way they can.. bro I just weak for my life.. I look into the future of Nigeria it is very dark..

Looks like stillmaticog no Dey naija again o
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by faste: 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2020
Mayeldah:
We will be fine once Buhari leaves the stage. We hang on!

Everybody can't run away.
And When Buhari eventually leave,any chance of a progressive mounting the saddle?If you ask me ,it is no no!
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 4:07pm On Dec 14, 2020
Litmus:

So wetin be the benefit of allowing your kids to know naija culture??

1 Like

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Raalsalghul: 4:08pm On Dec 14, 2020
seanwilliam:
bro it is just as if you know my heart .. I don Dey start the process I’m just trying to cross the necessary ts and dots the Is. some of my friends wey Dey overs came home now for festive. Honestly they are not looking bad atall and most of them said they working towards getting citizen in every way they can.. bro I just weak for my life.. I look into the future of Nigeria it is very dark..

Looks like stillmaticog no Dey naija again o
Hmmmm!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Etinosa1234: 4:21pm On Dec 14, 2020
MisterRuk:
Many will people think their father has the smallest farm in the village until they visit other people's farm. Nigeria may be in a deep situation right now but even at that we're better than other nations especially in here Africa. I'm not a buhari supporter but our democracy and freedom better pass some other country.
There is money in Nigeria, but we don't know how to manage the resources to make wealth. All the billions that politicians are looting does not come from thin air, it's from the country, let us get it back!. The are planning to leave this country and so are the commoners, if everyone leaves who will develop Nigeria? The Chinese?
National development is down-upward movement. If all we citizens do is to sulk and curse the nation and the black race, Nigeria will remain the same or worse in 30years. How many people pray for the nation and it's leaders or at least say "God bless Nigeria?" If the little factors of our society are messed up then the big things like education, healthcare, economy, security, roads, housing etc will be messed up. We say "corrupt politicians, corrupt politicians" but I tell you, some ordinary Nigerian are worse, they just haven't gotten the chance.
How many of us have stood up and voiced against the series of injustice and misconduct like child abuse happening in our local communities?
How many people are interested in local community development?
Every great nation was built by it's people not the government. Let us fight for what is ours and invest in our nation positively or else those sneaky Chinese imperialists would get richer and powerful by feeding on our resources, but by then it won't be problem of the buhari and the politicians we're insulting.
Nigeria would be great if we desire it to be. Not just by mere words. God bless Nigeria.

I sometimes wonder why those that condemn Nigeria haven't fled to Benin or Cameroon to start life all over since Nigeria is hell for them..

The funny thing is that those that condemn Nigeria either have political apathy or support bad leaders...

Like how do u intend to better this nation when u don't play ur part?

Its easier to complain and Nigerians do it best

3 Likes

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Raalsalghul: 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
Etinosa1234:

I sometimes wonder why those that condemn Nigeria haven't fled to Benin or Cameroon to start life all over since Nigeria is hell for them..

The funny thing is that those that condemn Nigeria either have political apathy or support bad leaders...

You have a point!
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Raph82(m): 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
Klass99:

The topic/thread reminds me of what my father said to me 2 or 3 years ago.

He asked me if I had a man or serious relationship in my life at the time. I said not really because the guy I was dating then was speaking one kind of spanish I didn't like or understand. Dude was talking about having 4 kids.

When my dad heard this he laughed and said two kids are more than enough in this age and time, things are not going to get better in our country or the world at large. Children are also going to be more stubborn and difficult to manage, than ever before. Coming from a man who had seven kids of his own, I didn't doubt him at all. Now look at what's happening in our country not just with SARS protests, but the economy and polity as a whole.

That same guy who was mouthing off about having four kids, kept going on and on, about the cost of baby food, diapers etc when I last saw him. He wouldn't shut up about how much he spends and the high cost of things. I just said this is your first child and you are complaining like this, what will you do when the other 3 come? Or have you forgotten you are on a mission to have 4 children? cheesy
If not because the guy was ur ex, I would have called him an idiot.
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by SenecaTheYonger: 4:28pm On Dec 14, 2020
Klass99:
Omo, I think we should all be worried/afraid for ourselves as individuals and not just for our kids (born or unborn ones) I feared for myself in the light of brutal stories narrated by victims of SARS. There was one story in particular that made me realize this shit can happen to anyone, none of us is immune to it, hell I am not immune to their brutality either!

The story I talk about was shared on Twitter by Pastor Adegboye's wife (the twitter handle had her name on it, I can't say for sure if she was the one behind the account) A young lady went out around 7pm to get food items from her mum's shop, which wasn't far from their home. On getting to the shop area, SARS bundled her into their van where other people were being held captive. To cut a long story short, she ended up being tortured into confessing a crime she knew nothing about and spent 3 years of her life in prison (I think @ Kirikiri) before the legal team @ Redeem Church got her out.

Imagine those that died and couldn't tell their own story. IT's just that Nigerian government doesn't value the lives of Nigerians. Because how can someone just die in the hands of a police officer despite obeying the law? Like what else are we supposed to do then to stay alive? You don't break the law, SARS will hunt you. You break the law, SARS will hunt you. There's no middle ground.
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Bimpe29: 4:29pm On Dec 14, 2020
Yes I do seriously. It's not a peculiar case for Nigeria but the entire world.
Things have gone wrong globally wit no end in sight for the decadence.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by Kamikaze42: 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2020
Etinosa1234:

This thread can lead one into depression. While reading people's comments, I went to the Canadian CRS to see how I will fair at 32 (2024) after my 2 years online masters, I am still struggling with 445. Currently the minimum score is 471, by 3 years time, it may be 500 or more.

I think while we share our bitter experiences, we can also encourage the downtrodden among us with good words. I earn way above 200k and I still do Uber as side hustle and I also own a bike for dispatch. I am at least comfortable, but for how long?

This thread can lead to depression abeg. So may thoughts of the future.

Wrong application of religious beliefs contribute to multiple children. My 3rd child is an example of that. Noone thought me before I spent a paltry #2,500 for a 5 year prevention of pregnancy for my wife. Something some religious folks would still tell us not to.

I could go on and on. I had these thoughts before getting married at 24.

1 Like

Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:38pm On Dec 14, 2020
Raalsalghul:

You know when I knew it was worse was when I told my dad I had no intention of getting hitched up till I leave this country.

Instead of flaring up, the old man supported my decision and told me to move while I still can. Clearly he understood that things had gotten worse between his time and now.
Mine too, I could literally see and feel the frustration in their eyes. embarassed
Re: Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:48pm On Dec 14, 2020
Kamikaze42:

This thread can lead one into depression. While reading people's comments, I went to the Canadian CRS to see how I will fair at 32 (2024) after my 2 years online masters, I am still struggling with 445. Currently the minimum score is 471, by 3 years time, it may be 500 or more.

I think while we share our bitter experiences, we can also encourage the downtrodden among us with good words. I earn way above 200k and I still do Uber as side hustle and I also own a bike for dispatch. I am at least comfortable, but for how long?

This thread can lead to depression abeg. So may thoughts of the future.

Wrong application of religious beliefs contribute to multiple children. My 3rd child is an example of that. Noone thought me before I spent a paltry #2,500 for a 5 year prevention of pregnancy for my wife. Something some religious folks would still tell us not to.

I could go on and on. I had these thoughts before getting married at 24.
Bros you must not go to Canada. UK has opened up their work visa route and it's straightforward. If you want to go to Canada then consider a PhD after your masters. The only problem will be getting a visa at 32. The rate for student visa approvals for Nigerians above 30 is abysmally low.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After Over 12 Years Of Waiting / I Am Tired Of My Mom / What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.