Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 (58666 Views)

The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… / Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech / Major Gideon Orkar Coup Speech In April 1990.has Anything Changed Since Then? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by hushmail: 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2011
isnt time Nigerian politicians learn to do exactly as they say? any Politician that changes party as he changes shirts should not be trusted. such politicians dont have the interest of the masses at heart, rather, personal motivations are driving their quest for the top position. Thank God for GEJ, at least he has always been in PDP
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by malali: 3:17pm On Mar 14, 2011

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by BetaThings: 3:35pm On Mar 14, 2011
hushmail:

isnt time Nigerian politicians learn to do exactly as they say? any Politician that changes party as he changes shirts should not be trusted. such politicians dont have the interest of the masses at heart, rather, personal motivations are driving their quest for the top position. Thank God for GEJ, at least he has always been in PDP
Simple facts
BUhari lost to Yaradua in 2007 due to rigging and said he would not go to court. ANPP insisted that he must go to court
While in court and with Yaradua threatened, ANPP started negotiating with Yaradua. As soon Yaradua gave some posts to ANPP (which posts were cornered by the relatives of the chairman and secretary of ANPP), they now asked Buhari to withdraw his case
Buhari saw that he had just been played
What would you do in that situation? Have you ever wondered why ANPP is always having a new chairman that they end up losing to PDP after every election?
BTW, Obasanjo threatened about a month ago to leave PDP (can you beat that?) before tickets were given to his faction in Ogun state
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by rainbowman: 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2011
@Beta things stop misrepresenting events
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by pikin(m): 3:58pm On Mar 14, 2011
gudone
angry angry
eku_bear:

Great post, Kobojunkie.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by BetaThings: 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2011
rainbowman:

@Beta things stop misrepresenting events
Please let us bet N10,000 each
we both give the money to the moderator

and ask them to investigate this matter
Over to you if you are sure that you can contradict what I have said

I repeat it without any fear of contradiction
BetaThings:

Simple facts
BUhari lost to Yaradua in 2007 due to rigging and said he would not go to court. ANPP insisted that he must go to court
While in court and with Yaradua threatened, ANPP started negotiating with Yaradua. As soon Yaradua gave some posts to ANPP (which posts were cornered by the relatives of the chairman and secretary of ANPP), they now asked Buhari to withdraw his case
Buhari saw that he had just been played
What would you do in that situation? Have you ever wondered why ANPP is always having a new chairman that they end up losing to PDP after every election?
BTW, Obasanjo threatened about a month ago to leave PDP (can you beat that?) before tickets were given to his faction in Ogun state
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by omo9ja1(m): 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2011
I begin to wonder why we can not forget the past and move on we Nigeria likes dead stories, if we all want to move our dear Country Nigeria let us vote wisely and vote for real change.

BB2011 - I join the wagon ( Buhari was the man I hate before but after careful consideration I think He have answers to the insecurity problems, indiscipline etc GEJ has no lever to step on toes or even cut the rotten toes off)
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by harpo(m): 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2011
I am sure every one hear knows babangida is a crook, lier and a cheat, please ignore all that he has to say,
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2011
Kobojunkie,

Do I take it that you are supporting Buhari for the presidency?

If so, welcome aboard grin
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 14, 2011
It is very clear to all that IBB reason for overthrowing Buhari, was because he wanted to free his looting friend s from prison and de the white man's bidding by accepting IMF conditions for a loan. Western stooge and crook angry
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Mar 14, 2011
GenBuhari:

Kobojunkie,

Do I take it that you are supporting Buhari for the presidency?

If so, welcome aboard grin

I would rather you check my history on Nairaland to know more of WHAT I actually support and since when please!
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 14, 2011
Do I have the time to read through 22,000 post to find out answer to a simple question? smiley

I have already looked through your most recent posts and have concluded you have become a Buhari supporter.

If you are still undecided, what would it take to convince U? grin
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Mar 14, 2011
Wrong . . . I have NOT BECOME a Buhari Supporter. I believe the thread you need to look at is @Jarus's thread calling people to come post/argue for their candidate of choice.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 14, 2011
can u post the link?

What would Buhari need to show you to convince you to become his supporter?
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by tara2: 5:08pm On Mar 14, 2011
How can anyone talk about voting for any politician in these day and age when you dont know:
who your citizens are and cannot track them?

The main basic population statistics and tracking is not there.
Its absolutely stupid to ask anyone to vote.

If you dont know how many children you have, how do you plan to feed , cloth, house, and educate them.
So you ask people to vote with Identification that is not verifiable and trackable, so mind twisting how people think in Nigeria.
Nigeria will never be able to do anything meaningful until the id system is trackable and verifiable.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Kobojunkie: 5:10pm On Mar 14, 2011
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by tara2: 5:21pm On Mar 14, 2011
What would Buhari need to show you to convince you to become his supporter?

Buhari need to show that if l enter is fingerprint into a Computer Database in Nigeria at the time of voting, it will show, address, work history, vehicle registration, License number, education, what date and time he voted and this goes for 150 million other Nigerians. If you dont have verifiable database system for voter, then voting is useless until Nigerians wake up from the Medieval Era.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Mar 14, 2011
tara2:

Buhari need to show that if l enter is fingerprint into a Computer Database in Nigeria at the time of voting, it will show, address, work history, vehicle registration, License number, education, what date and time he voted and this goes for 150 million other Nigerians. If you dont have verifiable database system for voter, then voting is useless until Nigerians wake up from the Medieval Era.

what in the world are you rambling about?? shocked shocked
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by tara2: 5:49pm On Mar 14, 2011
Nigeria does not have tagers and you definitetly cannot tag or trace anything to anybody. So if you can't tag me, what is stoping me from taking all your money, mis-manage it and run? NOTHING.
Only in stupid countries, you ask people to vote, when you know nothing about them.
You dont know where they live.
You dont have their finger print on file.
You dont know how many vehicle they own.
You dont know if they realy a NIGERIAN
You certainly cannot verify or track anybody or ANYTHING
Therefore, you running a BLIND country and you ask the BLIND to comeout and VOTE for the BLIND, amazing.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by tara2: 5:56pm On Mar 14, 2011
what in the world are you rambling about??

Am rambling about your unclothed Emperor walking around in public, you need to read what am saying carefully.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 14, 2011
Tara2,
I do not understand ur point either.

Can you clarify fully it in very simple terms for me?
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 14, 2011
Kobojunkie,

Please let me know all your concerns about Buhari and I would try and answer them.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Kobojunkie: 6:18pm On Mar 14, 2011
No thanks . . . . I have seen the way you answer concerns and honestly, it is not for people like me. Given that I actually lived through the Regime and have followed Buhari's career since then, I am not certain there is anything you can tell me to change my mind or whatever it is you hope to do there.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 14, 2011
You are a secret Buhari support wink

You secret is safe with me grin
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Mar 14, 2011
^^^ Secret? If believing that makes you feel good, then I am good.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by tara2: 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2011
Tara2,
I do not understand your point either.

Can you clarify fully it in very simple terms for me?

Look at it this way: if a police man or woman stops you in Lagos for driving on the wrong side of the road, what can he or she realy verify in real-time within a database while you standing on the side of the road? Other than wasting time looking at vehicle documents you present. He certainly cannot proof you are a Nigerian right there on the spot. He can't enter your driver's license number into a goverment database  and say, look you have 2 driving infractions last year and you have not paid it.

Now when its time to vote, no one can say for certainty, wait a minute, you vote yesterday already, why are you trying to vote again, as a matter of fact you not even eligible to vote because you are from Ghana or Senegal or your are under-age.

Am saying, you cannot verify anything in Nigeria within real time. Real time meaning you enter the person's name into a computer and it tells you, whether you are eligible to vote or not.

Now tell me why we should all be talking about voting for a candidate when you don't have adequate verifiable database in place.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 14, 2011
^ Are you saying that the election would be rigged?
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by honeric01(m): 6:50pm On Mar 14, 2011
Nice one, i like it.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 14, 2011
@honeric01

How far? grin

We need u to update your signature at bottom of ur posts smiley

See my own.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by DerMeister: 6:56pm On Mar 14, 2011
Better have Buhari than any of the other Idiots running for president, IBB included, he made this country the God forsaken place it is today!!!
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 14, 2011
OBJ also helped to wreck Nigeria.

Up Nigeria

Up Buhari / Bakare
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by tara2: 7:14pm On Mar 14, 2011
Are you saying that the election would be rigged?

Am not talking about rigging alone, how about caring for your voters. Rigging is a problem, yes so is managing your resources.

If you dont know how many children you have in your household, how do you know who needs shoes or slippers. Well, you ask them to vote for you first and you swear to GOD that you will give them shoes or slipper?

How do you even know who you gave shoes or slippers to last month?
How do you know how many shoes or slippers Nigerians need?
How do you know am not from Russian, l just look like a Nigerian?
How do you know who Buhari  or any other politician is?
Does Nigeria have 150million people or you assuming is 150 million people?
How many Nigerians are working right now?
How many Nigerians have homes, Water, Electricity, business, education, etc,
How many Nigerians have a car?

How many, how many, how many. How many voters does Nigerian have right now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) / Chidiogo Akunyili Mimics Her Mother, Dora Akunyili's Posture / Iwo Road, Ibadan Decorated For Christmas. Looking Beautiful At Night (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.