Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 (58661 Views)

The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… / Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech / Major Gideon Orkar Coup Speech In April 1990.has Anything Changed Since Then? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by dasparrow: 1:43pm On May 01, 2016
speciallymade:
I have been checking out this thread and I have come across lot of sensible and matured analysis and comments without insults or derogatory words, that was when nairaland was still been used by adults, I mean matured minds they passed across their opinions without insulting anyone but what do we have today?

Yes exactly. I truly miss that Nairaland. The Nairaland of today is all about "see what such and such is doing", "See what such and such is wearing" and so on and so forth. Back then, when I would log into Nairaland, it was filled with a wealth of information. The homepage was filled with threads that had interesting topics from the politics section, cultural section, travel section, religious section and more. Today, Nairaland has gone to the dogs. Matured posters like kobojunkie have left the forum that has now been taken over by kids who will click on a thread and will start booking space as if there is some award to be won if you are the first to post on a thread. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by billyG(m): 1:50pm On May 01, 2016
If Buhari na Bad person God & 9jerians wuldnt hav gvn him a 2nd chance.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Paulancebay(m): 1:50pm On May 01, 2016
the only sane person in the world is Buhari according to the Zombies, any criticism offered makes u a wailer because PDP 16 years rule has incapacitated the govt! So all critics should shut up because PMB is in command and control (@obezeks)!
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by speciallymade(m): 2:11pm On May 01, 2016
dasparrow:

Yes exactly. I truly miss that Nairaland. The Nairaland of today is all about "see what such and such is doing", "See what such and such is wearing" and so on and so forth. Back then, when I would log into Nairaland, it was filled with a wealth of information. The homepage was filled with threads that had interesting topics from the politics section, cultural section, travel section, religious section and more. Today, Nairaland has gone to the dogs. Matured posters like kobojunkie have left the forum that has now been taken over by kids who will click on a thread and will start booking space as if there is some award to be won if you are the first to post on a thread. SMH.
in fact I tell you it's very annoying seeing what it has turned to now
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 3:14pm On May 01, 2016
Surfboard:
This was by Theophilus Danjuma on why he didn't think Buhari would be good in a political office as a soldier.

Still holds true till this day.
"He's one of the most upright officers of the Nigerian Army" That is only going to make me love him more embarassed
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by Surfboard(m): 3:19pm On May 01, 2016
RoyalPriesthuud:
"He's one of the most upright officers of the Nigerian Army" That is only going to make me love him more embarassed

That is not in question, but the world has evolved. You can't even br rigid anymore, and Buhari hasn't adapted. Same old, same old.

I'm not asking you not to love Buhari, it's not my business whether you do or don't.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by babestella: 3:35pm On May 01, 2016
hbrednic:
Buhari is a wolf, Nigerians will never forget the hardship suffered under this mans draconian rule,
this the man that refused to call for an election,maybe he wanted to rule forever ( thank God IBB threw him out ).
the same man that jailed Tai Solarin 4 distributing leaflets calling for a return to democracy.

Their fathers warned them, but children who were born after Buhari's regime, they were carried away by one doughnut eating lion in bouillon, they turned deaf ear. Today they could see why their fathers warned, many of them have already lost their jobs, they don't have fuel & no cash to buy, etc

With time they'll learn their lesson, but I doubt because they are filled with hate & bitterness powered by deceit, lies & propaganda fed them by their political demagogues.

1 Like

Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 9:40pm On May 01, 2016
Surfboard:

That is not in question, but the world has evolved. You can't even br rigid anymore, and Buhari hasn't adapted. Same old, same old.

I'm not asking you not to love Buhari, it's not my business whether you do or don't.
I gave myself time to actually get your opinion right before I pass my comment, you didn't disappoint undecided When he said he is rigid, any sane critic who understands letters will know that he's simply saying that "he doesn't compromise his standards. He will not join you in doing evil/misdeed". But for someone like you with your subjective mind, what you see is "he is rigid, he is not open to new ideas and better ways of doing things". Nonsense angry
Our world is so distorted that we prefer evil over good, and crooks over the uprights.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by SenatorJames(m): 6:17pm On May 04, 2016
Buhari would have being our messiah as it been that he is coming back as a military head of state, though we will feel the harshness of the men in uniform but we will enjoy his government.
Re: Coup Speech Of Major-general Muhammadu Buhari, January 1, 1984 by MagicBishop: 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2020
Zombie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) / Iwo Road, Ibadan Decorated For Christmas. Looking Beautiful At Night (Video) / Ihedioha Inspects Bedroom & Offices At Imo Government House After Okorocha Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.