Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,723 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:05 AM

Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It - Culture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It (35483 Views)

Ikwerres Deny Ancestral Affiliation With South-East / What Is The Logic Behind ''ingli-igbo'' Names? / Why Ikwerres In River State Widely Accepted The Link To An Igbo Origin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by gregyboy(m): 6:48pm On Nov 28, 2020
scholes0:
Benin people call the king's wife Olori

Another borrowing from Ife and Yoruba language,

Wtf bro
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by scholes0(m): 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2020
gregyboy:

Wtf bro

?

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by samuk: 7:10pm On Nov 28, 2020
AreaFada2:

You might as well go and argue with the lots at "Uselu in". Despite their pathology, they will reason better than the repetitive cross dresser masquerading as a historian. grin

Please don't kill me with laughter grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2020
So far in the course of this thread, the following retar.ded claims have been devastatingly debunked:

(1) The retar.ded claim (by disgruntled Binis) that Yorubas began using the word “Oba” in the post-1930s.

This has been debunked with written evidence of Yoruba usage from 1899, from 1897, from c.1867, from 1845, et al.

(2) The retar.ded claim (by @samuk) that there exists some “600 years” old written evidence of Benin usage of the word “Oba”.

This retar.ded claim is yet to be substantiated (even with an atom of evidence) despite more than 10 days (and still counting) of their torturous search. cheesy

Instead, these disgruntled Binis were at best only able to demonstrate (from their own warped logic) that the Yorubas have an earlier written evidence — 1845 (Yoruba) Vs. 1867 (Bini).

——————————————————
But what does it really mean that I was able to produce an 1845 written evidence and the Binis weren’t able to come even close to that ??

Well, it just simply means that the Binis weren’t able to come close to the Yorubas, despite their own bogus claim of wRiTteN eViDeNcE. Nothing more, nothing less! [I know I’m being too nice now]. grin

To put the same question in other words:
Does the comparative written evidence already provided really mean that the Binis began using this word only in the year 1867 — because that’s all they could provide ??

Funny enough, this line of warped reasoning is what the disgruntled Binis have been trailing. Should I play their game along with them? No, I’m Yoruba! cool

To every sound and logically mind, such conclusion (based on available writing) is too obvious as a flawed reasoning and logical fallacy — even though I could have forced their own flawed reasoning down their throats.

Such particular logical fallacy is know in analytical logic specifically by the name: argumentum ex silentio.
grin

————————————————————
Having debunked their deluded claim of 1930s [see (1)]; having exposed @samuk’s fraud of “600 years” old writing [see (2)]; having exposed their inability to produce anything close to (let alone earlier than) the Yorubas’ [see (2)]; having debunked their warped logic of arguing from earlier written usage (despite the fact that it favours me); I now turn, at this point, to discussing the actual objective evidence for determining the indigenous ownership of a word — that is, the linguistic evidence.

——————————————————————
The Argument:
(I) If a word is in use in a particular language, but its literal meaning can not be meaningfully analyzed within that language; then such word does not originally belong to that language. Gbam!

(II) The word “Ọba” (as used by the Binis for their monarch) does not have any literal meaning in the language of the Binis.

(III) In conclusion, the word “Ọba” (as used by the Binis for their monarch) does not belong originally to the Bini language — In other words, it is a loanword.

————————————————————
The Evidence:
An objective source of evidence for the meanings of Bini words is obviously and undoubtedly an authoritative dictionary of the Bini language itself.

[This is not to be confused with a dictionary of the English language which simply features a paltry number of non-English words of widespread, global, popular usage — such as: “fufu”, “agbada”, “oba”, et al.]

As such, recourse will now be made to a Bini-English Lexicon. This is so that the English readers here can access the written meanings which are attributed to the actual Bini words.

One such example of an authoritative material for this purpose is the work entitled: “A Concise Dictionary of The Bini Language of Southern Nigeria” compiled by the professor of African Phonetics and Linguistics, Hans Melzian.

———————————————————
Under the entry “Ọba” (for which Professor Melzian used “ɔ” to represent “ọ“, in order to distinguish /o/ as in odd smiley from /o/ as in old sad ); the following are some interesting observations from this Bini dictionary.

(A) Unlike what the author did with virtually all other Bini words within the same dictionary, he did not give a literal meaning to this word — as I have expected. cheesy

Rather, he simply describes the person whom the Binis refer to by this word. Interesting, isn’t it?! cheesy See embedded image below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12754901_bb7fcaad09fc479498aedbb24cb57370_jpeg_jpeg80dbd02cb7ce1db81e998db7e161c38e

(B) But more than that, the author (in fact) let the cat out of the bag. He revealed why this word could not have had a literal meaning in a dictionary of Bini language.

Before I reveal his reason, it is important that one is acquainted with a few notations and abbreviations which he define in his work.

Two examples of these are relevant to my discourse here, and they are: “Yor.” and “cf.” which he defines as: “Yoruba” and “etymological reference” respectively.

See embedded image below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12754902_541f22648c37485488282bea682c0e27_jpeg_jpegf272ec9b7e8de333789df15c524980aa

In the light of this background, let’s then see what reason the author indicates as to why this word could have appeared without a literal meaning in the Bini dictionary.

See embedded image below as highlighted on the top-right corner in continuation of the bottom-left corner.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12754903_7e31a3d03b7c407ab60e863fbf8fb4c2_jpeg_jpegfba5de93eebde69a9ef00beabf7a605c

In the light of his foregoing definition of abbreviations, what we have here in the phrase “cf. Yor. ɔba” then becomes extremely clear and straightforward.

In other words, the word “Ọba” [ɔba] (used by the Binis for their monarch) has its ”etymology” [cf.] (aka. ”origin”) in the Yoruba language [Yor.]. cool grin

Quod Erat Demostrandum! cool

cc: Afam4eva

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by shanga(m): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2020
AreaFada2:

You might as well go and argue with the lots at "Uselu in". Despite their pathology, they will reason better than the repetitive cross dresser masquerading as a historian. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker:
Just to clarify: there is no such thing as etymology for west african languages.
Etymologie is the history of the written word, and the latter is a thing we didn't have until very recently.
So there is no such thing as yoruba, Edo, igbo etymology ... Any paper claiming otherwise is a fraud.

Anybody using etymology arguments is lying to your faces.
Also, anybody using as argument: "what does that word mean in your language" is also either intellectualy deficient, either he is a concious liar.
Our native dictionnaries are just as new as our written words.

Let A be a word in our current dictionnary. Let B be the meaning we give to A today. Let C be the meaning our ancestors gave to A.
There is no proof that B=C.

Also, claims of missplellings in precolonial texts are quite illogical. Indeed may I remind you we didn't have a written language ? Our words and names didn't have spellings. So the various spellings emanating from various europeans speaking various languages are not missplellings.

I can give you details of the first ooni of ife who changed his title from the format: "ooni of ife, sir adesoji" to the format "ooni of ife, oba adesoji"
@areafada @samuk @gregyboy

Etinosa1234
AreaFada2
Samuk
Valirex
Ghostwon
Davidnazee

Look, I don't want to boast, but I am very intelligent. Things I say generally take a long time for most nigerians to understand. That is the problem when your intelligence is way above average. Nobody understands you.
So to everybody, i suggest you read what I wrote, if you don't understand then reread it until you do. Nomatter how long it takes.
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by LegendHero(m): 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
scholes0:

I think you may be right.

https://m.guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/oba-erediauwas-wife-oloi-evbagharu-dies-at-60/

Below is where they called Oba of Benin wife Olori.

gregyboy:

Wtf bro

4 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
LegendHero:

I think you may be right.

https://m.guardian.ng/sunday-magazine/oba-erediauwas-wife-oloi-evbagharu-dies-at-60/

Below is where they called Oba of Benin wife Olori.

So an ignorant journalist called her olori, and that translates into Edo people calling the queens of their kingdom "olori" ?

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2020
It took 4 years for people on nairaland to understand that oranmiyan, oduduwa, ogiso were myths. I said those right here on nairaland more than 4 years ago, ofcourse nigerians being intellectually limited, few people could understand my arguments nor even imagine that these made up stories didn't actually happen.
What I say is not a joke. The first step to becoming more intelligent is admitting that you are intellectually limited.
Then from there you will work hard to improve your intelligence.
Sorry to have to say the truth but most nigerians are intellectually lazy.
While talking to some of you on nairaland, the intellectual gap is such that I feel we might not even be the same species.
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by LegendHero(m): 8:10pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:

So an ignorant journalist called her olori, and that tanslates into Edo people calling the queens of their kingdom "olori" ?

This is another Oba of Benin wife called Olori.

http://africanroyalfamilies..com/2019/07/happy-birthday-to-hrh-queen-mother-of.html?m=1

3 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2020
LegendHero:

This is another Oba of Benin wife called Olori.

http://africanroyalfamilies..com/2019/07/happy-birthday-to-hrh-queen-mother-of.html?m=1
Called Olori by whom ?
The fact some guy called her olori does not equate to Edo people calling their Queens Olori. Is this so hard to understand ?
There are ignorant people everywhere especially in nigeria, you peoples education is one big joke.
How I thank God I left to study in europe.
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 28, 2020
Picture 1: adesoji aderemi, the ooni of ife who was the first ooni to copy the "Oba" title. Notice that the habbit of calling him "Oba" had not sat in yet. He is being referred to as "sir" in many captions.

Picture 2: The actual real ife crown met by aderemi adesoji, before he created a new one which was made in the model of the Benin crown. Also notice he had no Benin sword being held near him, yet. The person who copied the Benin sword is the ooni of ife preceding the current ooni of ife

Picture 3: like picture 1

Picture 4: Notice how the crowd is admirative of the Oba of Benin, notice the ooni of ife adesoji aderemi is part of the admirative crowd.

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by gregyboy(m): 8:20pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:

Etinosa1234
AreaFada2
Samuk
Valirex
Ghostwon
Davidnazee

Look, I don't want to boast, but I am very intelligent. Things I say generally take a long time for most nigerians to understand. That is the problem when your intelligence is way above average. Nobody understands you.
So to everybody, i suggest you read what I wrote, if you don't understand then reread it until you do. Nomatter how long it takes.

Share the link to the comment
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:
[s]It took 4 years for people on nairaland to understand that oranmiyan, oduduwa, ogiso were myths. I said those right here on nairaland more than 4 years ago, ofcourse nigerians being intellectually limited, few people could understand my arguments nor even ilagine that these made up stories didn't actually happen.
What I say is not a joke. The first step to becoming more intelligent is admitting that you are intellectually limited.
Then from there you will work hard to improve your intelligence.
Sorry to have to say the truth but most nigerians are intellectually lazy.
While talking to some of you on nairaland, the intellectual gap is such that I feel we might not even be the same species.[/s]
You lie to yourself and still believe it. Isn’t that the very symptom of delusions.

Anyways, I’d need the eyewitness written account of Eweka 1, Ewuare1, and several of you great daddies.

If you provide none, then accept the fact that they are mere fictional cartoons. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 28, 2020
gregyboy:

No, look for it yourself if you so wish.
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2020
gregyboy:

Pay attention to what I am saying instead of asking me to donate some more of my time:

Just to clarify: there is no such thing as etymology for west african languages.
Etymologie is the history of the written word, and the latter is a thing we didn't have until very recently.
So there is no such thing as yoruba, Edo, igbo etymology ... Any paper claiming otherwise is a fraud.

Also, anybody using as argument: "what does that word mean in your language" is also either intellectualy deficient, either he is a concious liar.

Let A be a word in our current dictionnary. Let B be the meaning we give to A today. Let C be the meaning our ancestors gave to A.
There is no proof that B=C.

Also, claims of missplellings in precolonial texts are quite illogical. Indeed may I remind you we didn't have a written language ? Our words and names didn't have spellings. So the various spellings emanating from various europeans speaking various languages are not missplellings.

I can give you details of the first ooni of ife who changed his title from the format: "ooni of ife, sir adesoji" to the format "ooni of ife, oba adesoji"

Adesoji aderemi, the copy cat who copied the title of the Oba of Benin.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by gregyboy(m): 8:28pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:
Picture 1: adesoji aderemi, the ooni of ife who was the first ooni to copy the "Oba" title. Notice that the habbit of calling him "Oba" had not sat in yet. He is being referred to as "sir" in many captions.

Picture 2: The actual real ife crown met by aderemi adesoji, before he created a new one which was made in the model of the Benin crown. Also notice he had no Benin sword being held near him, yet. The person who copoied the Benin sword is the ooni of ife preceding the current ooni of ife

Picture 3: like picture 1

Picture 4: Notice how the crowd is admirative of the Oba of Benin, notice the ooni of ife adesoji aderemi is part of the admirative crowd.

Are you ghostwon

We need your kind once in a while here lets end this debate once and for all
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 28, 2020
gregyboy:

Are you ghostwon

It is me, but don't believe it just because I say so. This might lead to some yoruba or igbo trying to impersonate me.
I always prefer to be doubted. Let logics tell people if I am right or wrong.
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2020
You came to the new fresh page to re-peddle you already crushed lies from the previous page — thinking I have left.

You lied. No I haven’t. Oya take am! grin

davidmarker2:
This is a false statement made here without a shred of evidence.

You have peddled this falsehood in the hope that people will swallow it without asking for evidence. smiley

This is another lie from the pit of hell.

There is no basis for the specifically bolded part (... written word) of your made-up definition of etymology.

So there is no such thing as yoruba, Edo, igbo etymology
The premises of your argument have been demonstrated above to be falsehoods.

Do I still need mention what the conclusion itself is? Well — it’s still falsehood. cheesy

... Any paper claiming otherwise is a fraud.
Especially if it it is from a linguist who is neither Benin nor Yoruba. Right? cheesy

And especially if it proves the fact that the Binis borrowed the word “Oba” from the Yorubas — as we have already seen in an authoritative Bini dictionary. Right?? grin

Yes, the linguists are wrong, @davidmarker is right. Why? Because @davidmarker teaches primary school mAtH in FrAnCe. grin. /s Haha!

Hmmmm!

You mean just as it is wrong for an English boy (living in England) to ask his English teacher: “Sir, what does this word mean (of course: not in Chinese language, but in the same language) in English language ?? Shebi!?.

I guess your brain is retarding at the speed of light. grin

Interesting!!

In other words, the native speakers of a native African language have no clue what the words in their own language mean all along.

Until when some foreigners show up to teach them how to write. That is when any word in their language can have any meaning. So, they’ve been communicating with guesses all along. cheesy

Where are you from again? ... Benin, OKAY! Everything makes sense to me now.

Amazing! grin

Let A be a word in our current dictionnary. Let B be the meaning we give to A today. Let C be the meaning our ancestors gave to A. There is no proof that B=C.
Hmmm!

In other words, between the days of our ancestors and present-day: There was no continuous communication in words (and their referents) between the successive generations.

I didn’t expects sanity form you. That would be asking for too much. grin

Stop being a dunce!

The same EuRoPeAns would describe the same geographical location, etc. by two or more different spellings — sometime within the same written document.

For example:

(A) Is it. ”Beny”, or ”Benin”, or ”Ubini”, among other spellings in EUrOpEaN writtings?

(B) Is it “Jekri”, or ”Jakri” or ”Chekerie”, among other spellings in EUrOpEaN writtings?

(C) Is it “Youriba”, or ”Yar.ribah”, or ”Yoruba” as all seen in EUrOpEaN writings?

(D) Is it “Eyeo”, or ”Awyaw”, or ”Oyo”, as all seen in EUrOpEaN writings.

You have to make up your mind on how (at least) two different spellings in reference to the same thing does not imply a misspelling in at lest one of them.

I will be waiting! cheesy

I know that as a deluded Bini, you would still go — there is no misspelling in the EUrOpEaN writtings. grin

I can give you details of the first ooni of ife who changed his title from the format: "ooni of ife, sir adesoji" to the format "ooni of ife, oba adesoji": it is adesoji aderemi.

Sane Person asks: In what capacity did he use the designation “Sir”? Is it wrt his traditional stool?

Insane Bini: [scratches head and goes] Well, that was in his capacity as a politician and governor of Western Nigeria

Sane Person: Mttchew! In your life, don’t you ever call me for this kind of nonsense talk again oo — Ever!

logics speak louder than lies.
Exactly what I’ve been explain to your bald thick skull.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:
Pay attention to what I am saying instead of asking me to donate some more of my time:
Haha! You lowlife loser. Preying on people naiveness, to feed you narcissist ego. You dam jam agbago today. Oya take am again! grin

This is a false statement made here without a shred of evidence.

You have peddled this falsehood in the hope that people will swallow it without asking for evidence. smiley

This is another lie from the pit of hell.

There is no basis for the specifically bolded part (... written word) of your made-up definition of etymology.

So there is no such thing as yoruba, Edo, igbo etymology
The premises of your argument have been demonstrated above to be falsehoods.

Do I still need mention what the conclusion itself is? Well — it’s still falsehood. cheesy

... Any paper claiming otherwise is a fraud.
Especially if it it is from a linguist who is neither Benin nor Yoruba. Right? cheesy

And especially if it proves the fact that the Binis borrowed the word “Oba” from the Yorubas — as we have already seen in an authoritative Bini dictionary. Right?? grin

Yes, the linguists are wrong, @davidmarker is right. Why? Because @davidmarker teaches primary school mAtH in FrAnCe. grin. /s Haha!

Hmmmm!

You mean just as it is wrong for an English boy (living in England) to ask his English teacher: “Sir, what does this word mean (of course: not in Chinese language, but in the same language) in English language ?? Shebi!?.

I guess your brain is retarding at the speed of light. grin

Interesting!!

In other words, the native speakers of a native African language have no clue what the words in their own language mean all along.

Until when some foreigners show up to teach them how to write. That is when any word in their language can have any meaning. So, they’ve been communicating with guesses all along. cheesy

Where are you from again? ... Benin, OKAY! Everything makes sense to me now.

Amazing! grin

Let A be a word in our current dictionnary. Let B be the meaning we give to A today. Let C be the meaning our ancestors gave to A. There is no proof that B=C.
Hmmm!

In other words, between the days of our ancestors and present-day: There was no continuous communication in words (and their referents) between the successive generations.

I didn’t expects sanity form you. That would be asking for too much. grin

Stop being a dunce!

The same EuRoPeAns would describe the same geographical location, etc. by two or more different spellings — sometime within the same written document.

For example:

(A) Is it. ”Beny”, or ”Benin”, or ”Ubini”, among other spellings in EUrOpEaN writtings?

(B) Is it “Jekri”, or ”Jakri” or ”Chekerie”, among other spellings in EUrOpEaN writtings?

(C) Is it “Youriba”, or ”Yar.ribah”, or ”Yoruba” as all seen in EUrOpEaN writings?

(D) Is it “Eyeo”, or ”Awyaw”, or ”Oyo”, as all seen in EUrOpEaN writings.

You have to make up your mind on how (at least) two different spellings in reference to the same thing does not imply a misspelling in at lest one of them.

I will be waiting! cheesy

I know that as a deluded Bini, you would still go — there is no misspelling in the EUrOpEaN writtings. grin

I can give you details of the first ooni of ife who changed his title from the format: "ooni of ife, sir adesoji" to the format "ooni of ife, oba adesoji": it is adesoji aderemi.

Sane Person asks: In what capacity did he use the designation “Sir”? Is it wrt his traditional stool?

Insane Bini: [scratches head and goes] Well, that was in his capacity as a politician and governor of Western Nigeria

Sane Person: Mttchew! In your life, don’t you ever call me for this kind of nonsense talk again oo — Ever!

logics speak louder than lies.
Exactly what I’ve been explain to your bald thick skull.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2020
gregyboy:

Are you ghostwon

davidmarker2:

It is me, but don't believe it just because I say so. This might lead to some yoruba or igbo trying to impersonate me.
I always prefer to be doubted. Let logics tell people if I am right or wrong.
See them consoling each other.

Wahala be like bicycle true-true.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12300045_1180859311783653img20190722154954jpegb78bac5c83a42178910da3de9aa62adbjpegjpeg9cfba2c96c509f82646e09ea44461ee6_jpeg_jpegd2120de126612f0fe3ddadd01b9c1d3b

Una go hear “wehn” for my hand. The only remedy is

STOP LYING. grin grin Yes, I know lies are really hard to give up by Binis. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by gregyboy(m): 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2020
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2020
gregyboy:

Are you ghostwon

The fact is in a real debate, there are moderators whom are supposed to apply the rules of logics to the speeches of the debaters.
But, in here there is no such thing. The prefered speech is often not the most logical.
In here the public is mostly ignorant and uneducated (education is not limited to reading and writing and copy-pasting, there is way more to education thatn that).
In logical terms, this debate ended years ago. The yoruba have been proven wrong in logical terms. But once again, this forum is not logical, the debaters are uneducated and illogical. So, they will debate a thing which has already been proven...again..again...it is an unending cycle.

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 8:43pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:
[s]The fact is in a real debate, there are moderators whom are supposed to apply the rules of logics to the speeches of the debaters.
But, in here there is no such thing. The prefered speech is often not the most logical.
In here the public is mostly ignorant and uneducated (education is not limited to reading and writing and copy-pasting, there is way more to education thatn that).
In logical terms, this debate ended years ago. The yoruba have been proven wrong in logical terms. But once again, this forum is not logical, the debaters are uneducated and illogical. So, they will debate a thing which has already been proven...again..again...it is an unending cycle.[/s]
And the self consolation continues. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12300045_1180859311783653img20190722154954jpegb78bac5c83a42178910da3de9aa62adbjpegjpeg9cfba2c96c509f82646e09ea44461ee6_jpeg_jpegd2120de126612f0fe3ddadd01b9c1d3b

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 8:49pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:
[s]Picture 1: adesoji aderemi, the ooni of ife who was the first ooni to copy the "Oba" title. Notice that the habbit of calling him "Oba" had not sat in yet. He is being referred to as "sir" in many captions[/s].

Insecure Bini Liar: Look, the Ooni of Ife uses “Sir” instead of “Oba”

Sane Person: In what capacity did he use the designation “Sir”? Is it with respect to his traditional stool?

Insecure Bini Liar: [scratches bald head and goes] Well, that was in his capacity as a politician and governor of Western Nigeria

Sane Person: Why did you post this when you already no it will be nonsense?

Insecure Bini Liar: I am a Benin boy — AKA. I peddle falsehood for a living.

[s]Picture 2: The actual real ife crown met by aderemi adesoji, before he created a new one which was made in the model of the Benin crown.[/s]
Well, no Ife crown looks like Benin crown. The crown Ife dispatched originally to Benin is different from the one we use for ourselves in Ife.

Moreover, the first screenshot below is the crown Ewuare II met on ground.

The second screenshot is the fake one he made to resemble the Yorubas’ tall Ade-Nla.

Do you enjoy this logic or you want to drop it. Till then. cheesy

[s]Also notice he had no Benin sword being held near him, yet. The person who copied the Benin sword is the ooni of ife preceding the current ooni of ife[/s]
FALSE as always.

The 3rd attaches picture shows Oba Adesoji Adeyemo with the Ada. grin

[s]Picture 4: Notice how the crowd is admirative of the Oba of Benin, notice the ooni of ife adesoji aderemi is part of the admirative crowd.[/s]
The peak of insecurity and inferiority complex. A father admired his son though — more like: I’m proud of you son.

Anyways, the 4th attachment below shows your Oba Akenzua II when he came to Ife for confirmation as part of his installation rites.

I can show you picture of the other Obas after him (Erediauwa and Ewuare II ) also in Ife.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 28, 2020
Titles of Monarchs:

1) Oba: Benin
2) ooni: ife
3) alafin: oyo
4) king: england
5) roi: france
6) tsar: russia
7) keiser: germany
8 ) sultan: ottoman empire

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by gregyboy(m): 8:51pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:

The fact is in a real debate, there are moderators whom are supposed to apply the rules of logics to the speeches of the debaters.
In logical terms, this debate ended years ago. The yoruba have been proven wrong in logical terms. But once again, this forum is not logical, the debaters are uneducated and illogical. So, they will debate a thing which has already been proven...again..again...it is an unending cycle.

Sensitization is not easy it gradual some of them will be lecturer tomorrow and dey will make the rigt choice by given the right history

Old age would make them accept the truth all this lies are youthful exorbitant

4 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by gregyboy(m): 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2020
TAO11:

Insecure Bini Liar: Look, the Ooni of Ife uses “Sir” instead of “Oba”

Sane Person: In what capacity did he use the designation “Sir”? Is it with respect to his traditional stool?

Insecure Bini Liar: [scratches bald head and goes] Well, that was in his capacity as a politician and governor of Western Nigeria

Sane Person: Why did you post this when you already no it will be nonsense?

Insecure Bini Liar: I am a Benin boy — AKA. I peddle falsehood for a living.

Bini lair on the loose. Catch him and bring him to TAO for flogging.

The transgendered is Hot once more

Disgust me
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2020
I will try and be writing a thing or two every week.

More brutal truth coming soon.
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Etinosa1234: 9:09pm On Nov 28, 2020
scholes0:

Benin people don't call it olori... Its oloi...

And what makes u think Benin borrowed it and not the other way round?

cc: LegendHero
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:
Titles of Monarchs:
1) Oba: Benin
2) ooni: ife
3) alafin: oyo
4) king: england
5) roi: france
6) tsar: russia
7) keiser: germany
8 ) sultan: ottoman empire
Oh I can’t see “Omonoba” here beside “Oba”. Hmmm! The Binis certainly made that up in the 1930s.

Anyways your comment here has been proven to be false many times on this same thread.

You seem to have been a late comer. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 9:15pm On Nov 28, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Its not called olori... Its oloi...

And what makes u think Benin borrowed it and not the other way round?

cc: LegendHero
Thank you for that spelling correction.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (37) (Reply)

Abdulrasheed Akanbi, Oluwo Of Iwoland 'Stopped Rain' From Falling / "The Cleanest Street In Ile-Ife To Receive N100K Every Month" Says Ooni. Photos / Top 6 Abnormalities That Are Normal In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.