Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,656 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It - Culture (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It (31792 Views)

What Is The Logic Behind ''ingli-igbo'' Names? / Oduduwa Was Not Igbo Prince – Oluwo Of Iwo / Ikwerre Of Rivers, Ukwani And Ika Of Delta Are Not Igbo. Here Is Proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2020
If I were an advisor of the Oba of Benin, I would have told him that His Royal Highness should visit any monarch except the ooni of ife.
I forsaw how the yoruba were going to milk any such visit as a propaganda tool. But anyway, it doesn't matter. At least, the vsit uplifted the low self-esteem of the yoruba. That is a good work of charity.
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:
If I were an advisor of the Oba of Benin, I would have told him that His Royal highness should visit any monarch except the ooni of ife.
I forsaw how the yoruba were going to milk any such visit as a propaganda tool.
Well, that’s simply impossible. That would be sacrilegious.

The Benin obas have to has to pay homage to their Father at Ife for confirmation and culminating ascension rites.

They’ve been doing since the internet can remember.

See your three Obas below for confirmation in Ife starting from Akenzua II still the present one. That’s as far as the internet knows.

It has never happened the other way round that the Father (the Ooni) should, on ascension, visit his son (the Omonoba) for confirmations. Abomination! grin

Yet them no born the Omonoba well make he no go Ife for confirmation. Them no born am times 100, 000, 000, 000, ...

But anyway, it doesn't matter. At least, the vsit uplifted the low self-esteem of the yoruba. That is a good work of charity.
Them no born any new Benin king well make he no go Ife for confirmation and culminating ascension rites. Haha!

It is by force! A must!

5 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2020
So far in the course of this thread, the following retar.ded claims have been devastatingly debunked:

(1) The retar.ded claim (by disgruntled Binis) that Yorubas began using the word “Oba” in the post-1930s.

This has been debunked with written evidence of Yoruba usage from 1899, from 1897, from c.1867, from 1845, et al.

(2) The retar.ded claim (by @samuk) that there exists some “600 years” old written evidence of Benin usage of the word “Oba”.

This retar.ded claim is yet to be substantiated (even with an atom of evidence) despite more than 10 days (and still counting) of their torturous search. cheesy

Instead, these disgruntled Binis were at best only able to demonstrate (from their own warped logic) that the Yorubas have an earlier written evidence — 1845 (Yoruba) Vs. 1867 (Bini).

——————————————————
But what does it really mean that I was able to produce an 1845 written evidence and the Binis weren’t able to come even close to that ??

Well, it just simply means that the Binis weren’t able to come close to the Yorubas, despite their own bogus claim of wRiTteN eViDeNcE. Nothing more, nothing less! [I know I’m being too nice now]. grin

To put the same question in other words:
Does the comparative written evidence already provided really mean that the Binis began using this word only in the year 1867 — because that’s all they could provide ??

Funny enough, this line of warped reasoning is what the disgruntled Binis have been trailing. Should I play their game along with them? No, I’m Yoruba! cool

To every sound and logically mind, such conclusion (based on available writing) is too obvious as a flawed reasoning and logical fallacy — even though I could have forced their own flawed reasoning down their throats.

Such particular logical fallacy is know in analytical logic specifically by the name: argumentum ex silentio.
grin

————————————————————
Having debunked their deluded claim of 1930s [see (1)]; having exposed @samuk’s fraud of “600 years” old writing [see (2)]; having exposed their inability to produce anything close to (let alone earlier than) the Yorubas’ [see (2)]; having debunked their warped logic of arguing from earlier written usage (despite the fact that it favours me); I now turn, at this point, to discussing the actual objective evidence for determining the indigenous ownership of a word — that is, the linguistic evidence.

——————————————————————
The Argument:
(I) If a word is in use in a particular language, but its literal meaning can not be meaningfully analyzed within that language; then such word does not originally belong to that language. Gbam!

(II) The word “Ọba” (as used by the Binis for their monarch) does not have any literal meaning in the language of the Binis.

(III) In conclusion, the word “Ọba” (as used by the Binis for their monarch) does not belong originally to the Bini language — In other words, it is a loanword.

————————————————————
The Evidence:
An objective source of evidence for the meanings of Bini words is obviously and undoubtedly an authoritative dictionary of the Bini language itself.

[This is not to be confused with a dictionary of the English language which simply features a paltry number of non-English words of widespread, global, popular usage — such as: “fufu”, “agbada”, “oba”, et al.]

As such, recourse will now be made to a Bini-English Lexicon. This is so that the English readers here can access the written meanings which are attributed to the actual Bini words.

One such example of an authoritative material for this purpose is the work entitled: “A Concise Dictionary of The Bini Language of Southern Nigeria” compiled by the professor of African Phonetics and Linguistics, Hans Melzian.

———————————————————
Under the entry “Ọba” (for which Professor Melzian used “ɔ” to represent “ọ“, in order to distinguish /o/ as in odd smiley from /o/ as in old sad ); the following are some interesting observations from this Bini dictionary.

(A) Unlike what the author did with virtually all other Bini words within the same dictionary, he did not give a literal meaning to this word — as I have expected. cheesy

Rather, he simply describes the person whom the Binis refer to by this word. Interesting, isn’t it?! cheesy See embedded image below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12754901_bb7fcaad09fc479498aedbb24cb57370_jpeg_jpeg80dbd02cb7ce1db81e998db7e161c38e

(B) But more than that, the author (in fact) let the cat out of the bag. He revealed why this word could not have had a literal meaning in a dictionary of Bini language.

Before I reveal his reason, it is important that one is acquainted with a few notations and abbreviations which he define in his work.

Two examples of these are relevant to my discourse here, and they are: “Yor.” and “cf.” which he defines as: “Yoruba” and “etymological reference” respectively.

See embedded image below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12754902_541f22648c37485488282bea682c0e27_jpeg_jpegf272ec9b7e8de333789df15c524980aa

In the light of this background, let’s then see what reason the author indicates as to why this word could have appeared without a literal meaning in the Bini dictionary.

See embedded image below as highlighted on the top-right corner in continuation of the bottom-left corner.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12754903_7e31a3d03b7c407ab60e863fbf8fb4c2_jpeg_jpegfba5de93eebde69a9ef00beabf7a605c

In the light of his foregoing definition of abbreviations, what we have here in the phrase “cf. Yor. ɔba” then becomes extremely clear and straightforward.

In other words, the word “Ọba” [ɔba] (used by the Binis for their monarch) has its ”etymology” [cf.] (aka. ”origin”) in the Yoruba language [Yor.]. cool grin

Quod Erat Demostrandum! cool

cc: Afam4eva

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2020
There is some crazy person who keeps quoting me.

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 10:14pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:

And to drive your point home:

The Oba of Benin going to visit an other of his sons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zK2bsZhPIo
time stamp 1:53

Your intended propaganda with this video has already been debunked at the following link.

https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/2#96233335.

————————
Moreover, Watch this video below to realize whom your Oba confirmed as his father:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-q_F2zch8M

cc: Afam4eva

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Etinosa1234: 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2020
TAO11:
It’s in the dictionary you quoted I will embedd shortly.

Moreover, here is evidence from your Bini dictionary that the Bini word “oloi” has its origin in the Yoruba word “Olori”.

See attached.

cc: scoles0, davidmarker2, Afam4eva

This ur dictionary u quoted... Made by a German in the year 1937 claims Benin borrowed the word olori from Yoruba... Lol... Someone who prolly never came to Benin

Meanwhile there is a dictionary made more than 80 years earlier by born and bred Yoruba man that says that ayaba means Queen and olori means an entirely different thing ie headman, chief...

Tell melzani he is wrong here as there is an older account that opposes him

Oops... Just seeing that olori ... But still doesn't mean Queen......

Ayaba - Queen
Olori - wife of a person..

Olori in Benin - Queen...

Tao... Copied from the Yorubas grin

References A Vocabulary of the Yoruba Language, Compiled by the Rev. Samuel Crowther ... Together with Introductory Remarks, by the Rev. O.E. Vidal 1852

Areafada2
Samuk
Edeyoung
Gregyboy

Modified:I don't intend to extend this convo now as I plan on having a productive week so if u see this... Good

This is just common sense... Similar words that don't even bear the same meaning ...
This one is even different from the one of Oba that has the same meaning in both places..

The official meaning of Queen in Yoruba is ayaba
The official meaning of Queen in Benin is oloi
When you use probably (as you’ve done here), you are simply saying you don’t have a reply yet to my argument. cheesy
So, until you are sure of what to say, the linguists of your Bini language have their say. Haha!
That is to say, the Bini word “oloi” is indeed originally from the Yoruba word “olori” as the linguist of Bini language has confirmed in the embedded image below:
There is no proof that melziani has stepped into Nigeria talkless of being able to speak the language... He mainly got his works from reports that he saw... He wasn't even fluent in the language.. If I can get access to the book, I would see words that doesn't have the same meaning that an ordinary Benin man would understand
Yes the 80+ years old dictionary says, “Ayaba” means “Queen” — that is, “King’s wife” (lit.). Everyone who speaks Yoruba knows that.

The same 80 + years old dictionary mentions the word “Olorì” as attached below. (You had said that it didn’t) smiley

And the dictionary states clearly that it means: the “wife of a great person [who is] (not to be approached by any man)”.

In other words, the king’s wife i.e. the “Ayaba” herself is an “olorì” — in fact, the number one “olori” in the country.

Just as the unapproachable wife of any other great person in the country is also an “olori”

“Ayaba” is specific to the king’s wife only. It simply means “King’s wife” (literally).

“Olori” on the other hand is broader — applying to the king’s wife, as well as the unapproachable wife of any other great person in the country.
Yes... If the official meaning of the word in Yoruba land is ayaba and the official meaning of Queen is oloi, then it is not applicable to say Benin borrowed the word olori which doesn't mean queen in Yoruba language...

Unlike the word oba that is supposedly borrowed from Yoruba which means king Home and away, the word olori doesn't mean queen in Yoruba land... It is more like a praise name for women of high status than an official title...

The same way the Benin who are supposedly thought to have borrowed the word oba could have been using it as a praise title and have a distinct name for word king but it isn't .. so the Yorubas using the word olori know that it doesn't depict Queen but wife of a great person and the official word for Queen is ayaba in Yoruba. The official word for Queen in Benin land is called Olori and she has other praise names that she's being called in the palace like ovbokhanwmen but that does not change her official name for Queen which is olori

Your argument is as: the English phrase: “King’s wife” VS. the English word “Queen”
“My” wife can be described as a “queen” — without “me” really being a king. Provided I have some recognized great status at the topmost levels in the country.
But what “my” wife is not is — King’s wife. “My” is obviously not “king’s wife”.
Olori in Benin is the king's wife
Ayaba in Yoruba is the king's wife
Olori in Yoruba is wife of a great person

All different translation... If the word oba was copied, ayaba would have been copied directly also

So how did Benin borrow the word when they don't even have the same original meaning in both places

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2020
Etinosa1234:

This ur dictionary u quoted... Made by a German in the year 1937 claims Benin borrowed the word olori from Yoruba... Lol... Someone who prolly never came to Benin
When you use probably (as you’ve done here), you are simply saying you don’t have a reply yet to my argument. cheesy

So, until you are sure of what to say, the linguists of your Bini language have their say. Haha!

That is to say, the Bini word “oloi” is indeed originally from the Yoruba word “olori” as the linguist of Bini language has confirmed in the embedded image below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12759572_3aa5d738bcc5440daf4407604e67039c_jpeg_jpeg63c5043ad0d033145493ccd6fa6644fa

Meanwhile there is a dictionary made more than 80 years earlier by born and bred Yoruba man that says that ayaba means Queen and olori means an entirely different thing ie headman, chief...

References A Vocabulary of the Yoruba Language, Compiled by the Rev. Samuel Crowther ... Together with Introductory Remarks, by the Rev. O.E. Vidal 1852

Yes the 80+ years old dictionary says, “Ayaba” means “Queen” — that is, “King’s wife” (lit.). Everyone who speaks Yoruba knows that.

The same 80 + years old dictionary mentions the word “Olorì” as attached below. (You had said that it didn’t) smiley

And the dictionary states clearly that it means: the “wife of a great person [who is] (not to be approached by any man)”.

In other words, the king’s wife i.e. the “Ayaba” herself is an “olorì” — in fact, the number one “olori” in the country.

Just as the unapproachable wife of any other great person in the country is also an “olori”

“Ayaba” is specific to the king’s wife only. It simply means “King’s wife” (literally).

“Olori” on the other hand is broader — applying to the king’s wife, as well as the unapproachable wife of any other great person in the country.

————————-
Your argument is as: the English phrase: “King’s wife” VS. the English word “Queen”

“My” wife can be described as a “queen” — without “me” really being a king. Provided I have some recognized great status at the topmost levels in the country.

But what “my” wife is not is — King’s wife. “My” is obviously not “king’s wife”.

Cheers!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by shanga(m): 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:
the crown adesoji adermei met when he became ooni of ife

Oga David the leg rest in the picture look like the one I saw in Aladin cartoon/movie ,it seems The Director copied it from the Oni ...

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 10:54pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:
the crown adesoji aderemi met when he became ooni of ife

Wait! Did you not say on a prior page that this was the crown he met? www.nairaland.com/attachments/12759124_ooniwoBeninsword_jpg978cb26e747fd6362a94f33152e72726

Now you’re saying he met this? Are you that drunk with confusion?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12759537_thecrownhemet_jpeg8935693052dc6c36377bc61fe67bea82

Now I’m giving you the final chance to make up your mind. Your time starts now.

I have a screenshot of the two comments since I know you will attempt to replace the picture.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 10:59pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:
The current ooni of ife copying the dress of the king of the ashanti
To the ooni's defense, he mixed it up with something else: "a shirt".
Well may be the Ahanti people copied it from the Ga people.

The Ga people claimed to originate from Ife according to the Ga Mantse, King Nii Adama Latse.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by gregyboy(m): 11:00pm On Nov 28, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Oops... Just seeing that olori ... But still doesn't mean Queen......

Ayaba - Queen
Olori - wife of a person..

Olori in Benin - Queen...

Tao... Copied from the Yorubas grin

Areafada2
Samuk
Edeyoung
Gregyboy

Good job

2 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 28, 2020
NNNN

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:
NNNN

The crown Ewuare II met in Benin on ascension:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12759346_bcae8dfa4eab4a62b716a54b831903d3_jpeg_jpeg59402b0ca576eb809b70f9aad63fd033

VS.

The fake crown Ewuare II manufactured on asenscion:www.nairaland.com/attachments/12759347_740e49eb760f43daa5c14504578e0bd9_jpeg_jpegf464a6611b8d8a58bd78766b8fbade2e

All this is to elevate his throne to feel more Yoruba — that is, to resemble the pure Yorubas’ Ade-Nla! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2020
Joke: what does a yoruba father ask his son when they wake up ?
Answer: "How many times have you talked about Benin today ?"
If the son says a number smaller than 10, he gets a slap.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2020
Oba Eweka II, the son of Oba Ovonramwen (the last independent emperor of Benin who fought against the british) , after the british had returned the royal uniform to him. The british had seazed it just like all the other artefacts. It would have been exposed in the british museum today if it were not returned.

4 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 11:18pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:
[s]Joke: what does a yoruba father ask his son when they wake up ?
Answer: "How many times have you talked about Benin today ?"
If the son says a number smaller than 10, he gets a slap.[/s]

More like the conversation between a Bini man and his children.

Children: Papa wake up, abi crase dey your head?

Father: Oooo, Weytin na! I no quick sleep last night.

Children: Weytin you dey do last wey no make you quick sleep?

Father: Which kain question be that!? I get another job!? —— I Dey peddle lie for Nairaland na. Make we for elevate Bini small.

E get any other way to elevate Benin pass other Yoruba kingdoms than to lie ?? ?? ??

All this lie wey I dey lie upandan — Hmmm! Na for una oo.

Make Yoruba people for no oppress una die like dem do for me, my parents, and our ancestors.

Children: Chai! We nor know oo. Papa thank you oo. We promise to lie pass you when we grow up.

Father: Which wan be “when we grow up” again!?

Start to dey lie now. The earlier the better. Make una for cover all this see-finish.

Children: Na true you talk sha — the only truth wey you don ever talk. kikiki!

Father: Una no serious! Haha! Make I sleep small abeg.

Children: Oya sleep. Oba gha to kpereee!

Father: Isee [snoring]

grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 11:19pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:
Oba Eweka II, the son of Oba Ovonramwen (the last independent emperor of Benin who fought against the british) , after the british had returned the royal uniform to him. The british had seazd it just like all the other artefacts. It would have been exposed in the british museum today if it were not returned.
The British seized it from Ovonramwen, so Eweka-II had to come up with a fake prior to its return to him (Eweka-II).

Thanks for the clarification cheesy grin.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2020
Benin architecture.

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2020

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2020
Time stamp 2:16, you will spott an other of the crowns of the Oba of Benin which the british stole in his palace during the war:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxZAXb0XVwI

Also, you can spot the Swords of the Oba of Benin which the british also stole.

(meanwhile the ooni of ife is busy commenting on that sorry isolated yoruba head...)

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 28, 2020
Oba Akenzua II, son of Oba Eweka II. Authenticity can't be copied.

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 11:30pm On Nov 28, 2020
Have fun here for now till I catch you peddle lies again on the next page. grin cheesy

———————-
Chai! The Yoruba Kings of Benin really oppressed these native Igodomigodo people.

See attached.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 28, 2020
A street in the royal quarter of Benin City, before the british destroyed the city.

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 28, 2020
Benin architecture, the british destroyed the palace after looting it.
All these are in museums all over the world now, they are also in private collections of the likes of queen elizabeth, and some billionares.

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by samuk: 11:44pm On Nov 28, 2020
davidmarker2:
ooni of ife goes to british museum in search of yoruba art, he meets one poor "yoruba head" surounded by a legion of Benin art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxZAXb0XVwI

Did I just heard Ooni claiming Egyptian lineage through Osiri at timestamp 0:59.

Yoruba are really confused. I thought they said Oduduwa was from Saudi Arabia.

These people always stealing other people's history.

I await the lies from the AssClown.

4 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 28, 2020
So what did we learn today:

1) who was the first ooni of ife to copy the word Oba into his title: adesoji aderemi.
He also created a beaded crown as a way to copy the Benin crown. (the fake crown in the picture below)

2) there is no such thing as Edo, igbo or yoruba etymology. Anybody using such as argument is either intellectually bankrupt either morally bankrupt, anyways his argument is trash.

3) the yoruba have a habbit of copying other people's cultures:

a) they first copied the word "sir" which is a mark of british nobility: ooni of ife, sir adesoji.
b) after some time they changed that borrowed word for an other borrowed word "Oba" the title of the King of Benin: it then became "ooni of ife, oba adesoji"
c) adesoji also imitated the Benin crown
d) the current crown worn by the ooni of ife is an imitation of a statue which was found in ife
e) the current dress of the ooni of ife is an imitation of the royal uniform of the king of the ashanti.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by TAO11(f): 12:06am On Nov 29, 2020
SUICIDE is loading in Benin Kingdom today

davidmarker2:
who was the first ooni of ife to copy the word Oba into his title: adesoji aderemi.
Well, on this same thread we’ve already seen written evidence of “Oba” usage among the Yorubas — some going back to the year 1845.

The closest the Benin usage came so far is 1863.

Moreover, linguistics evidence have already been adduced on this same thread to establish that the Binis borrowed “Oba” from the Yorubas.

He also created a beaded crown as a way to copy the Benin crown. (the fake crown in the picture below)

Well I understand your desperation, but guess what: No Benin crown comes in any way shape or form like to any Ife crown.

The closest one of the Benin crowns came (the tall one) was that it looked like the tall crown of other Yoruba kingdoms (excluding Ife) called Ade-Nla.

Moreover, if your claim was that the Ife kingdom had more than one type of crown.

Yes it does. In fact, the crowns are almost innumerable, just as the Binis have more than one as well — two examples of which may be seen at this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/20#96543761

there is no such thing as Edo, igbo or yoruba etymology. Anybody using such as argument is either intellectually bankrupt either morally bankrupt, anyways his argument is trash
This is a false statement which you’ve made here without a shred of evidence.

You have simply peddled this falsehood in the hope that people will swallow it without asking for evidence. smiley

the yoruba have a habbit of copying other people's cultures:
Interesting! Let’s hear it.

a) they first copied the word "sir" which is a mark of british nobility: ooni of ife, sir adesoji.
Haha!

Insecure Bini Liar: Look, the Ooni of Ife uses “Sir” instead of “Oba”

Sane Person: In what capacity did he use the designation “Sir”? Is it with respect to his traditional stool?

Insecure Bini Liar: [scratches his bald head and goes] Well, that was in his capacity as a politician and governor of Western Nigeria

Sane Person: Why then did you post this when you already know it is nonsense?
——-—

Moreover, I would have thought you should know that Nigeria was a British colony.

And that certain British titles were conferred on certain distinguished public office holders.

One of such distinguished individuals was the then Ooni of Ife. At the time, he was the Governor of the Nigerian Western Nigeria.

Other Nigerians who have been conferred similar the honor are:
Sir Ahmadi Bello; Sir Herbert Macaulay; Alhaji Sir Abubakr’s Tafawa Balewa to name a few.

b) after some time they changed that borrowed word for an other borrowed word "Oba" the title of the King of Benin: it then became "ooni of ife, oba adesoji"
Well, as the written evidence have shown so far on this thread; your base level of reasoning should have permitted you to conclude that:

The Yorubas have been using the word “Oba” decades before the Binis would first use it — 1845 (Yoruba) Vs. 1863 (Benin).

c) adesoji also imitated the Benin crown
This has already been demonstrated in this same comment to be a deluded falsehood.

d) the current crown worn by the ooni of ife is an imitation of a statue which was found in ife
Interesting! An ancient Ife crown is modeled after a more ancient Ife sculpture. So? cheesy Hehehe!

e) the current dress of the ooni of ife is an imitation of the royal uniform of the king of the Ashanti
Oh, I have an idea!

What about ‘the current dress of the Ashanti king is an imitation of the Ife king’s’?

In fact, this is more tenable since a Ghanaian subgroup claimed to have originated from Ife considering the testimony of the then Supreme King of the Ga people — The Ga Matse, King Ni Adama Latse.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by gregyboy(m): 12:06am On Nov 29, 2020
TAO11:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12759572_3aa5d738bcc5440daf4407604e67039c_jpeg_jpeg63c5043ad0d033145493ccd6fa6644fa

————————-

Cheers!

And were did you get that from hope the author is not recent

Share us the link
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 29, 2020
samuk:

Did I just heard Ooni claiming Egyptian lineage through Osiri at timestamp 0:59.

Yoruba are really confused. I thought they said Oduduwa was from Saudi Arabia.

These people always stealing other people's history.

I await the lies from the AssClown.

yep, the ooni of ife is a man of many lies: the greates ones:

1) 80 million yoruba in brazil
2) there was an ooni of ife who lived 400 years
3) igbo migrated from ife
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 29, 2020
each time I hear the expression "yoruba culture" I laugh, there is no such thing. Yoruba are copy-cats.
Any culture they have, they borrowed from someone or invented not too long ago, except the jebu and the alafin.
Although, the alafin was defeated by fula and the jebu were small, but greater than the rest of those who now call themselves yoruba (even if they gather their strenghts together).
Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by gregyboy(m): 12:13am On Nov 29, 2020
davidmarker2:
Oba Akenzua II, son of Oba Eweka II. Authenticity can't be copied.

You go. Kill TAO11 ooh

Nawa for u ooh, u won kill person pikin

1 Like

Re: Why Ikwerres Are Not Igbo - The Logic Behind It by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 29, 2020
By the way, the jebu used to despise the yoruba whom they considered inferior beings.
Jebu ancestors will be turning in their gravesif they were to be made aware of the fact some jebu now consider the ooni of ife as superior to the king of jebu.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (37) (Reply)

University Of Aberdeen In Scotland To Return 1897 Stolen Bronze To Nigeria / Wuraola Ogunwusi Looks Gorgeous In New Photos / Bristow Helo Crashed Because Govt Doesn't Appease Sea Goddess – Oba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.