Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,817 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) (39695 Views)

Sanwo-Olu To APC SW Leaders: Please Don't Betray Tinubu / Prophet Moses Warns Osinbajo: "Do Not Betray Tinubu Or You Will End In Shame" / Bola Adegunloye: Sanwo-Olu Will Betray Tinubu, Leading To Hypertension, Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by doncum(m): 10:26am On Nov 06, 2020
Exactly!!! Cold stout for you

emkz:
This is what I have been saying. No politician in the south of the Niger is as relevant as Tinubu, but the way our people demonise him is painful.

If you succeed in bringing him down, who'd negotiate on your behalf? It's not about Tinubu being a President, but about Tinubu being in a vantage point to influence things. Who went to burn down his TV station? Who went after his assets? Even Junaid Muhammed warned against those who vilify him. You people shout that he is corrupt, can you point out one politician anywhere in the world that is clean?

Like Fayose said, it is a thing in the southwest to betray their leaders; if they bring them down, different leaders would emerge, then disunity ensues and you'd then realize the power of a united front. Let Bode George, Ayo Fayose, Nyesom Wike and Southern politicians merge with Tinubu and let them speak with one voice. Let the southeast get their acts together and remove the disunity. If we are united, the hegemony of Northern Nigeria would be threatened.
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by doncum(m): 10:28am On Nov 06, 2020
As for us in Lagos, we can see where it taxes are going. At least we publish our finances and all publicly.

propaganda is not facts neither is it the truth

Tharyor1984:
I stand by Tinubu my man, the only area I go mad with him is his style of been selfishness by converting a lot of govt! Public!peoples!masses or I say our properties in Lagos and Osun state including my secondary school (painful because I have no history of second school again) to his own personal property and making her daughter that never had a kiosk installed as IYa loga general, his wife third term senator and many more. I stand with him if he can return back all our properties and stop the collection of tax in Lagos state by returning that duty back to the ministry of internal revenue and finance that has the responsibility of such duty in our constitution
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by doncum(m): 10:34am On Nov 06, 2020
The man is a provate citizen. Somwone whose first bonus in the 80s was almost 1million dollars?

People think it's through politics that BAT got his money

I blame the government for removing history from Nigerian schools

bigfish3k:

He is a sharp crook
He knows how to cover his tracts.

Hope you remember bullion van issue sha?
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by MusaChukwudi: 10:41am On Nov 06, 2020
bigfish3k:

Its one nigeria and I have the right to condemn our leaders when they are wrong anywhere in the country

I don’t blame you, I blame foolish Yoruba youths but sure enough they will wake up to realise how foolish they are.
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by MusaChukwudi: 10:45am On Nov 06, 2020
hollywater:
Tell that to your hopeless mother that gave birth to a hopeless Child like you.

I don’t abuse other people’s mother, have some respect for your mother please.

So calling you IGBO (which you are) is an insult?

Oga ooo, you no like una land and u no like una tribe!
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by MusaChukwudi: 10:46am On Nov 06, 2020
4four:
Fulani herdsman go back to Ur book haram infected state, do not come from ur kidnapping infected state to tell us here what is good for us, we are not illiterate Alimajiries here, it's only Alimajiries infected regions like urs that Tinubu fit they lord without anybody to challenge him not here in the sw

Go and clean up dirty backward barren useless Igbo land
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by MusaChukwudi: 10:47am On Nov 06, 2020
Comedian2019:

We, progressive Nigerians. We, celebrities.

We, nonentities. You!
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by 4four(m): 10:51am On Nov 06, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

Go and clean up dirty backward barren useless Igbo land
go clean up terrorist infected region
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by zinizta: 10:51am On Nov 06, 2020
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by RaeTunechi(m): 10:53am On Nov 06, 2020
Xscape1993:
He can never be president let alone betraying him. What can he still do? Looking for more money to loot and steal while the poor people are left to eat from the dust.
Abi o,
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by yomislim: 11:06am On Nov 06, 2020
Proffwhyhurry12:
Tinubu this and that, but just come forward with the saint in your region before you accuse JAGABAN of any wrongdoing.

It is foolishness to think of accusing a fellow with what you're doing too.

No saint anywhere!!!
garri Don soak your brain I sweaaaa.
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Iwin2: 11:31am On Nov 06, 2020
Tinubu can sacrifice anything just to please the northern cabals in order to gain favour (presidency)

Tinubu who was supposed to come out and address the protesting youths decided to keep quiet, even when people's children were murdered and wounded while they were singing the national anthem, all he could say was "he is still the jagaban of Lagos".

What support are we talking about?

Tinubu knew that Buhari was not a good president and that people were dying of hunger and from terrorists attacks, yet he used bullion van filled with money to campaign for Buhari's reemergence.

He also empowered thugs to snatch ballot boxes, intimidated people under the supervision of MC Oluomo during the previous election.

Tinubu refused to accept that it was the fulani herdsmen that killed that daughter of a Yoruba Chieftain only for investigation to show that it was fulani herdsman that killed her. He was so busy defending the people who continuously kill, rape and kidnap defenseless women, children and others.

Or is it the one her daughters were made market chiefs (iya lojas), who are in turn taxing the hell out of shop owners and even buyers? Making life difficult for people despite the Covid 19 impact?

Tinubu who despite the atrocities of fulani herdsmen in the southwest refused to support Amotekun so that he can be in the good books of the north?

Or his love for agberos so he can be using them for his dirty jobs?

See! Truth is, Tinubu is a serial betrayer. He can betray his own people just gain favour.

His style of godfatherism is what Nigeria can never afford. He will definitely install a puppet as president after his tenure so he can indirectly continue ruling the country. A good case study is Lagos state.

He has shown that times without number.

He's not the only politician in the southwest. Smarter people are there.

Tinubu is just one among tens of millions of people who are smarter than him.

Let someone fault this argument with facts and figures
The truth is Tinubu was a king maker, he cannot be a king
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Iwin2: 11:35am On Nov 06, 2020
Iwin2:
Tinubu can sacrifice anything just to please the northern cabals in order to gain favour (presidency)

Tinubu who was supposed to come out and address the protesting youths decided to keep quiet, even when people's children were murdered and wounded while they were singing the national anthem, all he could say was "he is still the jagaban of Lagos".
A king maker cannot be a king, the blood of innocent Nigerians killed by GMB kins men will not allow him get there

What support are we talking about?

Tinubu knew that Buhari was not a good president and that people were dying of hunger and from terrorists attacks, yet he used bullion van filled with money to campaign for Buhari's reemergence.

He also empowered thugs to snatch ballot boxes, intimidated people under the supervision of MC Oluomo during the previous election.

Tinubu refused to accept that it was the fulani herdsmen that killed that daughter of a Yoruba Chieftain only for investigation to show that it was fulani herdsman that killed her. He was so busy defending the people who continuously kill, rape and kidnap defenseless women, children and others.

Or is it the one her daughters were made market chiefs (iya lojas), who are in turn taxing the hell out of shop owners and even buyers? Making life difficult for people despite the Covid 19 impact?

Tinubu who despite the atrocities of fulani herdsmen in the southwest refused to support Amotekun so that he can be in the good books of the north?

Or his love for agberos so he can be using them for his dirty jobs?

See! Truth is, Tinubu is a serial betrayer. He can betray his own people just gain favour.

His style of godfatherism is what Nigeria can never afford. He will definitely install a puppet as president after his tenure so he can indirectly continue ruling the country. A good case study is Lagos state.

He has shown that times without number.

He's not the only politician in the southwest. Smarter people are there.

Tinubu is just one among tens of millions of people who are smarter than him.

Let someone fault this argument with facts and figures
The truth is Tinubu was a king maker, he cannot be a king
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by petitejolie(f): 11:36am On Nov 06, 2020
Godfullsam:
Fayose should keep quiet. Yorubas didn't betray abiola and awolowo.

Yorubas gave them their full supports. The north betrayed abiola while nnamdi azikiwe betrayed awolowo.
and awolowo betrayed ojukwu. There is what is called political karma. If u betray u will be betrayed. Tinubu is a betrayal and he will b betrayed
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Iwin2: 11:48am On Nov 06, 2020
He Tinubu used deception & falsehood to install GMB
He has murdered sleep he cannot sleep again

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 06, 2020
dexterinc2003:
Word of advice for Tinubu.

As long as he pretends he does not know about the Lekki massacre, his presidential ambition is over.

Buhari ordered the Lekki Massacre. Tinubu did nothing to stop it.
Nigerians are not stupid. End of discussion!

THOSE CROOK ARE YET TO KNOW WE VE SEEN THEIR WORST ALREADY. THEY KILLED OUR HOPE,PEACE AND UNITY AT LEKKI TOLL GATE. THEY LEAVE A OPEN WOUND IN OUR HEART. COME 2023, ITS GOING TO BE ONLY THEM AND THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS THAT WILL VOTE FOR THEM.[/b]
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by atonement12: 11:56am On Nov 06, 2020
NosaHenry:
It's wrong to compare Tinubu with Awolowo or Abiola
Very very wrong! An insult to Yoruba's intelligence.
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Ahmeduana(m): 11:59am On Nov 06, 2020
doncum:
If anything, The asiwaju and Jagaban Borgu brought Yoruba people closer to the centre than ever.

This is the same person who brought Lagos to where it is today in terms of development. Maybe you are too young to know how Lagos was before 1999

First and foremost, how old are you? Have you attain 40?
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by alfredilly: 12:15pm On Nov 06, 2020
IMASTEX:
What if he betrayed himself and his people. However, the current narrative isn't about ethnicity, tribe, religion or political affiliations. It is about right & wrong. It's about good governance, the people's welfare, etc. Sadly the old men are all united in profiting from the system at the detriment of the people. They had all the time to make the country great but greed won't let them. Things have to be digital now to compete other countries of the world. Enough of Nigerians been chased out of other Africa countries because the people voted same criminal circle.

The concentration of attack on Tinubu wasn't about the EndSARS or the quest for a just Nigerian society. The anti Tinubu was a daily rhetoric fueled by Easterner on social media. Fortunately, it is an appealing argument that could be subtly channel into addressing Nigerian problem. A strategy of exonerating their beloved PDP and south eastern corrupt leaders was deployed
We see it daily on here, on Twitter and Facebook. There desperation to end APC reign in Lagos make them put Tinubu at the forefront of Buharis blame. If you doubt me, just consider these. As the #EndSARS protest near it distruptive crescendon, the Twitter was filled with narrative thatTinubu was the only problem with Nigeria. Even South Western youth who normally criticize this view had no option than to play along. After all Nigerian were fighting for a common course But on the night of Lekki shooting, argument were hastily advance that Tinubu ordered the shooting. Seyi Tinubu was accused of owing the Lekki Toll gate. If all these are correct, what can we say of the falsified image, fake video, distorted reported all circulated to back up the claim. So before reasoning could prevail over logic, arsonist were out, burning what purportedly belong to Tinubu. This spiral into more uncontrolled looting and destruction.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by silverlinen(m): 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2020
Godfullsam
How did Nnamdi Azikiwe betrayed Awolowo
Seems like you didn't read his biography
Seems like you didn't read about Awolowo accepting bribe from gowon by becoming the minister of interior and finance while he was to declare the republic of ododuwa
Awolowo is a betrayer and backstabber
He betrayed the igbo people and Yoruba folks
Stop spewing gibberish and read history.

PEACE
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by kayusely70(m): 12:50pm On Nov 06, 2020
IgboSomalia:
Fayemi Amosun
God Bless U For Identifying Them.
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Onuoha1234(m): 12:55pm On Nov 06, 2020
We can do without Fayose's lametation on behalf of Tinubu. Christ was the first to be betrayed and where are we now?Che sera sera! It will come to pass.
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by skukimania(f): 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2020
email07:
grin Oh really, adindin knew

Oga talk true, you dey look for soft landing cheesy

I think e just get problem with Fayemi.
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by VaselineCrew: 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

Don't you think you deserve better? Don't support someone only because he's your favoured candidate, if the person performs poorly you'll suffer too

He's not even his favored candidate.

The guy you quoted knows he's corrupt, yet he will vote for him SOLELY TO SPITE IGBOS.

He doesn't care about development, of wellfare or anything
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Halexgos3(m): 1:18pm On Nov 06, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
grin

Tinubu may never be president, but I dont care. What matters to be is that an Igbo presidency should never be allowed to happen. Give them Biafra, let them go already
Split you are smelling bro
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by bigfish3k: 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

I don’t blame you, I blame foolish Yoruba youths but sure enough they will wake up to realise how foolish they are.
I don't understand you

You mean you blame yorubas for allowing us to be in the same country with you so that I can criticize our/your leaders. Explain please
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by bigfish3k: 2:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
drlateef:

Bullion van in his house can mean many things. It could be gold or precious metals, it could be empty van etc.
No be only gold

If you did lexis and structures in your English language you should know that bullion vans are primarily used to carry cash until you are told otherwise which is not the case here
Remember he has agreed in an interview that its money
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by bigfish3k: 2:05pm On Nov 06, 2020
doncum:
The man is a provate citizen. Somwone whose first bonus in the 80s was almost 1million dollars?

People think it's through politics that BAT got his money

I blame the government for removing history from Nigerian schools

I blame them too
So we should just sit and enjoy the consequences of the removal or do you expect me to behave like it wasn't removed?

Though I know he was very rich before politics but that has not stopped him from amassing more from the poor.
Check out the lekki toll gate collections. That is one of the reasons I am so angry with him, he is too greedy
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Iwin2: 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2020
stephanie11:

https://politicsnigeria.com/flashback-dont-betray-tinubu-like-abiola-awolowo-fayose-urges-yorubas/

King maker cannot become a king
Let him bow his head in regret for deceiving nigerians and selling GMB a bad product on the basis of pull down at all cost the incumbent government.

Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by MusaChukwudi: 2:19pm On Nov 06, 2020
composure:

Silence is golden.

Nothing to say! grin

Don’t worry keep shouting Buhari! Buhari!

That’s your legacy
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by Godfullsam(m): 2:22pm On Nov 06, 2020
silverlinen:
Godfullsam
How did Nnamdi Azikiwe betrayed Awolowo
Seems like you didn't read his biography
Seems like you didn't read about Awolowo accepting bribe from gowon by becoming the minister of interior and finance while he was to declare the republic of ododuwa
Awolowo is a betrayer and backstabber
He betrayed the igbo people and Yoruba folks
Stop spewing gibberish and read history.

PEACE

You don't know anything about history. Go back to school, it's not too late
Re: Fayose Urges South West Not To Betray Tinubu Like Abiola, Awolowo (Flashback) by MusaChukwudi: 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2020
bigfish3k:

I don't understand you

You mean you blame yorubas for allowing us to be in the same country with you so that I can criticize our/your leaders. Explain please

Your criticism will sound better and more credible if you are doing the same in YOUR region.
Charity begins at home.

That we share the same geographical space does not mean we jettison our ancestral homeland. You are Igbo and you’ll remain Igbo!

You can’t be making noise in Yoruba land while your Igbo land is worse. It leaves you looking foolish, hypocritical, without credibility and suspicious motives. This is an important fact!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bomb Explosion, Sporadic Gun Shots In Kano: Vanguard / PDP Presidential Aspirants Meet, Sign MOU To Support Whoever Wins The Primaries / Psalm 33: Amaechi Turns Singer, Releases Gospel Song Featuring Wife (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.