Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

#EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety (26159 Views)

Intersociety: Nnamdi Kanu Was Arrested In Kenya. His Tribesmen ‘Sold Him Out’ / 350 People Killed In South-East & South-South In 160 Days - Intersociety / Buratai Reduced Army To Fulani-Hausa Muslims Caucus - Intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 4:38pm On Nov 07, 2020
sambrow:
No DPO was beheaded. It is true solider and police were killed by the hoodlums and nothing to justify that, but the police started it by killing at least two the protesters
u say no DPO was behesded? bros i fear person we no fear u
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by gidgiddy: 4:42pm On Nov 07, 2020
Sniper101:

Obigbo (now Oyigbo) WAS Igbo land.
pay attention to the past tense used there
"WAS"

Now what land is it?
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by bigfish3k: 4:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
Sniper101:

Bro, this ur assertion is so wrong naa
Are you trying to tell us that the Transportation minister is from Igbo? Because he bears the name Chibuike??
Or that he's from Yoruba? Because he bears the name Rotimi??

You sef reason am naa

Ok, you're saying if I decide tomorrow to name my child Buhari, it automatically makes my child a Fulani undecided

I'm from Rivers State cool

Please, what's the name of this "your side" you are talking about?

I'll like to know.
Etche
Yes chibuike amaechi has claimed igbo severally.

If he bears two igbo names and one fancy Yoruba name because he likes it doesn't make him a Yoruba.
In such situation you should check which is his surname which clearly describes him as igbo.

You will have to check his intonations, his looks, his culture, the name of his village.

Like somebody rightly wrote up there. How can Benin of 5 LGA till date produce igbo speaking people in several states while people speaking Benin are not found anywhere else. It's strange

You people should be logical

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2020
ludd2018:

Please leave Nk out of this . No reason to take human lives like that when there is no war . This is the fall out endsars . Police men were killed every where including lagos and yoruba not only in Obigbo . Why singling out Igbos in Obigbo ?
so u mean policemen killed where nt human chai am weak for my police friends

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by Sniper101(m): 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

Now what land is it?

It's not an Igbo land.
...that's for sure grin
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by Dede1(m): 5:09pm On Nov 07, 2020
Eastlink:
I have said it, no matter the idiocy of IPOB, Wike had no right sending soldiers to go shoot at sight at civilians. What happened to arrest? I expected a mass arrest but nothing of such happened, rather the army went brazingly with full might to commit another Odi in Oyigbo. The followings names must be held accountable by Amnesty.

1. Governor Nyesom Wike
2. Mazi Nnamdi Kanu
3. The GOC Bori Camp - Gen Felix Agugo
4. The commanding Army officer that led the killings
5. The Commissioner of Police - Usman A Belel

Maj. Gen. Felix Agugo left in June, 2020 as command of 6th Div. The current commander is Maj. Gen. J. O. Irefin, a Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by gidgiddy: 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2020
Sniper101:
No pictures
No videos
No nothing

OP ...are you a learner cheesy

IPOB miscreants & IPOB sympathizers are already wailing n mãstúrbâting all over the thread grin

The OP who created this thread
Has he given d 50names of those killed undecided
Or has he shown us the 50 bodies

Since you want to be logical
Let's be logical grin grin grin

But he at least did give some names. Wike only gave words
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by Sniper101(m): 5:22pm On Nov 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

But he at least did give some names. Wike only gave words

Normally, the Nigerian Army don't drop names of slain personnels.

Wike might have been privileged to know those names, but he's not at liberty to say them to the general public.
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by gidgiddy: 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2020
Sniper101:

It's not an Igbo land.
...that's for sure grin

When you find out what land it is, let us know

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by LGDON: 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
Eastlink:
What is your business with Igbos Mr Man? The effort you dissipate on trying to divide brothers should be used to improve your finances. So Edo of 5 LGA can come father an ethnic group of over 40 million people? So between Benin and Igbos who came first? See face your tribe and stop disgracing yourself here. There’s more to life than nairaland.

Quiet and stop ranting
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by LGDON: 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2020
bigfish3k:

The same with Rivers too.

My point is that anybody that bears igbo names with igbo looks, cultures, foods, intonations, same sounds of obi, Eze, igwe as traditional stool and have the same market days and mostly shares the prefix "umu" in most of the village names is an Igbo by tribe no matter where they find themselves which was caused by the political and artificial divisions by the Nigerian state

My side of Rivers State I have never heard anybody saying that he is not igbo, they can just at most remain indifferent.

The igbos in Edo state - the igbankes - their tribe is igbo

It doesn’t make sense bearing Emeka from umuoma in edo state and be claiming Benin as your tribe because you are not in the 5 eastern state that was created for political reasons

There was never a tribe called Igbo until the British lumped up some ethnic nationalities in the east.

Igbanke people in Edo State are not Igbo, they are older than Igbo
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by LGDON: 5:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
Ibime:

I am not Igbo, I am Ijaw from Rivers State. Save your vituperations for tribal warriors. Most Ijaw would also like Ikwerre to claim Benin to remove Igbo claim on Rivers State, but as a democrat, it is Ikwerre people's choice as to their own self determination and no one else has a say in it except Ikwerre people.

Yes, it is their choice and they have chosen their ancestral home Edo State.

Or didnt you listen to wike yesterday

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by bigfish3k: 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2020
LGDON:

There was never a tribe called Igbo until the British lumped up some ethnic nationalities in the east.

What of the hausa and yorubas. How did they come about.
But at least we should identify ourselves with the people that have similarities with us no matter what the general name is called. For now igbo is the general name for it just like other people have too.
Dividing us is harmful to us especially as we are like terms

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by bigfish3k: 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2020
LGDON:

Did you also listen to chibuike amaechi calling himself igbo

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by LGDON: 5:59pm On Nov 07, 2020
bigfish3k:

Did you also listen to chibuike amaechi calling himself igbo

Amaechi is one of the Ilwerres who mixed blood with Igbo in the mother side probably.

The Ikwerre elders, king, scholars, historians has come out to clarity where their ancestors imigrate from which is Edo State

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by bigfish3k: 6:03pm On Nov 07, 2020
LGDON:

So people from onitsha are also not igbos because I heard that they are also from Benin.
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by Sniper101(m): 6:03pm On Nov 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

When you find out what land it is, let us know

It's now Rivers State land, Mr

...and the last time I checked
Rivers State is not Igbo nor Igbo land.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by bigfish3k: 6:05pm On Nov 07, 2020
LGDON:

Amaechi is one of the Ilwerres who mixed blood with Igbo in the mother side probably.

The Ikwerre elders, king, scholars, historians has come out to clarity where their ancestors imigrate from which is Edo State

That means the IIkwerres have identity crisis if some of them are Benin and others like amaechi are igbos
Please Where did the igbos migrate from.
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by Eastlink(m): 6:07pm On Nov 07, 2020
Dede1:

Maj. Gen. Felix Agugo left in June, 2020 as command of 6th Div. The current commander is Maj. Gen. J. O. Irefin, a Yoruba.
Noted
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by Ibime(m): 6:11pm On Nov 07, 2020
LGDON:

They have always been divided over the matter. Where they migrated from is not in question. We Ijaws also migrated originally from Benin. One day if they have referendum on where they wish to belong, I will respect it
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by Eastlink(m): 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2020
LGDON:

[s]Yes, it is their choice and they have chosen their ancestral home Edo State.

Or didnt you listen to wike yesterday[/s]
It’s obvious you drank rat alcohol. If you are not a land grabber what then are you? Ok, tell your fellow Bini that we are waiting for them to come claim their ancestral lands. No be so? Rivers state is Edo land, make them come claim their Fathers land. It’s not about making noise online, come take am.
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by Eastlink(m): 6:17pm On Nov 07, 2020
LGDON:

[s]Amaechi is one of the Ilwerres who mixed blood with Igbo in the mother side probably.

The Ikwerre elders, king, scholars, historians has come out to clarity where their ancestors imigrate from which is Edo State[/s]
We await you to come and claim your ancestral lands. Come match words with action. If liver dey your chest.
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by Uchasa(m): 6:23pm On Nov 07, 2020
ludd2018:

Please leave Nk out of this . No reason to take human lives like that when there is no war . This is the fall out endsars . Police men were killed every where including lagos and yoruba not only in Obigbo . Why singling out Igbos in Obigbo ?

I can't leave NK when he is obviously the person that caused all these!
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by bigfish3k: 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2020
LGDON:

You said Benin
OK no problem all igbo tribe including Ikwerre are from Benin.
What about that?
Esan is from Benin too so they are also Benin and no longer Esan.

Wherever you migrate from does not remove your current tribe from you.

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by Uchasa(m): 6:26pm On Nov 07, 2020
LGDON:

Before the British came, The Aros brought up the Igbo identity out of Igboid speaking groups in East and West of the Niger
Know history before you comment
I'm not Igbo, but I know all these, moreover the only people not Igbos are we the Ikwerres,Ekpeyes and Ogbas . Any Igboid nationality are Igbos, Igbankes are full blooded Igbos and they know that, we know the Isomas and non-Isomas so no one can distort history!

1 Like

Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by kennethisland: 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2020
It shall not be well with the killers and their commanders.
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by LGDON: 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2020
Uchasa:

Before the British came, The Aros brought up the Igbo identity out of Igboid speaking groups in East and West of the Niger
Know history before you comment
I'm not Igbo, but I know all these, moreover the only people not Igbos are we the Ikwerres,Ekpeyes and Ogbas . Any Igboid nationality are Igbos, Igbankes are full blooded Igbos and they know that, we know the Isomas and non-Isomas so no one can distort history!

Ogba, Ikwerre, Ekpeye, and Igbanke are not Igbo. Even the Aro you talked about are migrants from Edo State. Go read your history well
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by emoney09: 6:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
Really
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by Litmus: 7:09pm On Nov 07, 2020
gidgiddy:

If you threaten someone with death and the person dies, if the only evidence the authorities have is the verbal threat you made, the case will be thrown out of court. Mere words alone is not evidence of having commited a crime

In criminal law, Incitement is the encouragement of another person to commit a crime. Depending on the jurisdiction, some or all types of incitement may be illegal. Where illegal, it is known as an inchoate offense, where harm is intended but may or may not have actually occurred.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incitement

Threat can be interpreted as Incitement in law. Guess it depends on whether Incitement exists in Nigerian law...

Further reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threat
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by bigfish3k: 7:14pm On Nov 07, 2020
LGDON:

If other IIkwerres did not mix blood with Igbo how come they are bearing igbo names and culture and kingship etc
Re: #EndSARS: 50 Persons Killed In Oyigbo, 80 Injured – Intersociety by bigfish3k: 7:17pm On Nov 07, 2020
LGDON:

Ogba, Ikwerre, Ekpeye, and Igbanke are not Igbo. Even the Aro you talked about are migrants from Edo State. Go read your history well
Therefore the Aros are not igbos but Benins according to your logic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee / 'We Warned Obama About Buhari' - Fani-kayode's Explosive Interview On RT UK / Malam Wada Maida Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.