Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,175 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage (4311 Views)

Ladies Who Don't Want Sex Should Stay Off Romantic Affairs. / Intending Couples: 5 Medical Tests You Should Do Before You Get Married / 7 Reasons You Should Stay Far Away From Men Who Bet On Football Games (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by Godoverevery: 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2020
I think it should be mandatory for intending couples to live together for 6month to 1 year beforeor marriage...I will be sharing my own personal experience.
my fiancee have been staying with me for the past 7month we are getting married next year and our parents knows we are staying together.
I must confess is a lot staying with a woman.... Growing up anytime my mum and dad have misunderstanding and she start complaining about things we the children always support my mum but my dad always tell us we will understand things better when we get married...he was always at receiving end of things.
Now i realised what he meant then.
I have learnt a lot within this few months which I will like to share.
1: women will frustrate you but you must be really patience because is just there nature.
2: Money is the only thing that makes them happy...no matter how good you are on bed or how faithful 70% of her happiness is based on money
3: If you don't have money she will disrespect you no that for sure.
4: women are naturally stingy if she is spending her money on grocery or anything in the house she expecting you to pay her back double.
5: she will try to impose her way of doing things on you/try to control you.
6: women are manipulative if you are not careful she will try to drag you to herself and family alone
7: the only powerful weapon women think they can use to punish you is sex.
8: women expects alot from there man... buying them car,house infact she expects everything to revolve around her.
9: To be honest this sharing of bills thing can't work just save yourself the stress... just no you are carrying 90% of the bills....if she use her money to cook to her she is doing you a favour.
Let me stop here....what I wrote are just my personal experience and what I have heard from married guys.
To be honest no man is complete without a woman infact they are the salt of this world.

So my advise to any man who is planning to marry make sure you live together with her for at least 6 month so you can know the person you're marrying to know if you can handle the pressure and her characters...
Note : As a man if you lack Patience and not able to over look things don't bother marrying ooo.

If you are also staying with your fiancée feel free to add to the list of the things you have learnt.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by Ezi1993(f): 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2020
It's not mandatory that intending couple should live together... because they aren't married yet..because if they do,, they'll be committing fornication.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by fati2001(m): 9:52pm On Nov 07, 2020
PLS KEEP QUIET.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by SILENTandSMART2: 9:52pm On Nov 07, 2020
To me staying together isn't necessary at all...

She should stay in her papa house more before landing to chop my money,.

Though she will be coming once in a while to wash my bosers and underwares,

That's normal for her because she's my wife,

smiley.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by Godoverevery: 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2020
Ezi1993:
It's not mandatory that intending couple should live together... because they aren't married yet..because if they do,, they'll be committing fornication.
lol.... the thread is for adults not teenagers

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by davidhobo: 10:20pm On Nov 07, 2020
Godoverevery:
I think it should mandatory for intending couples to live together for 6month to 1 year....I will be sharing my own personal experience.
my fiancee have been staying with me for the past 7month we are getting married next year and our parents knows we are staying together.
I must confess is a lot staying with a woman.... Growing up anytime my mum and dad have misunderstanding and she start complaining about things we the children always support my mum but my dad always tell us we will understand things better when we get married...he was always at receiving end of things.
1: women will frustrate you but you must be really patience because is just there nature.
2: Money is the only thing that makes them happy...no matter how good you are on bed or how faithful 70% of her happiness is based on money
4: women are naturally stingy if she is spending her money on grocery or anything in the house she expecting you to pay her back double.
6: women are manipulative if you are not careful she will try to drag you to herself and family alone
7: the only powerful weapon women they think they can use to punish you is sex.
8: women expects alot from there man... buying them car,house infact she expects everything to revolve around her.
9: To be honest this sharing of bills thing can't work just save yourself the stress... just no you are carrying 90% of the bills....if she use her money to cook to her she is doing you a favour.
Let me stop here....what I wrote are just my personal experience and what I have heard from married guys.
To be honest no man is complete without a woman infact they are the salt of this world.

So my advise to any man who is planning to marry make sure you live together with her for at least 6 month so you can know the person you're marrying to know if you can handle the pressure and her characters...
Note : As a man if you lack Patience and not able to over look things don't bother marrying ooo.

If you are also staying with you fiancée feel free to add to the list of the things you have learnt.

Guy, you are spot on, 100%. Every single point you listed, from 1-9, played out between me and my girl

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by MrTAnonymous(m): 10:24pm On Nov 07, 2020
It is compulsory that intending couples should cohabitate before finally finalizing marriage. E get reason..

Incase you don't know na me talk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by Godoverevery: 10:25pm On Nov 07, 2020
davidhobo:

Guy, you are spot on, 100%. Every single point you listed, from 1-9, played out between me and my girl
Bro no be small thing ooo

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by Shortcut2life: 10:31pm On Nov 07, 2020
fati2001:
PLS KEEP QUIET.

Na truth he talk nAh

13 Likes

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by Nicoswit(m): 10:35pm On Nov 07, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by Sawzer(m): 10:43pm On Nov 07, 2020
I've never been in a relationship before but tbh, Nairaland has really made me scared of marriage. Not like I ever fancied it before but..... Chai! And the way nairaland portrays women ehen....

Back to Op, I think you're somehow right with the little I've seen.

What do I know anyway?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by cooooooks(m): 10:49pm On Nov 07, 2020
Fake Christian zealousness kee you there. grin

Everything is fornication, from your mind to kissing to entanglements whilst living in different homes.

Ezi1993:

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by cooooooks(m): 10:52pm On Nov 07, 2020
While living together is advisable, we humans are different and some people will not want it.

But bia OP, how far were you and your fiancee in the courtship/friendship before engagement?

IF you 'shack up' with someone you are not compatible with, compatibility will not just appear from nowhere.

Godoverevery:
I think it should mandatory for intending couples to live together for 6month to 1 year....I will be sharing my own personal experience.
7: the only powerful weapon women think they can use to punish you is sex.

If you are also staying with your fiancée feel free to add to the list of the things you have learnt.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by dorin27(f): 10:55pm On Nov 07, 2020
All women/ ladies are not like your babe. You get?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by Godoverevery: 10:57pm On Nov 07, 2020
cooooooks:
While living together is advisable, we humans are different and some people will not want it.

But bia OP, how far were you and your fiancee in the courtship/friendship before engagement?

IF you 'shack up' with someone you are not compatible with, compatibility will not just appear from nowhere.

Bro you can never no a woman well during courtship.... living with a woman day in day out is another level entirely ooo....
She can just provoke you intentionally sometimes and you have to really control yourself....u no women and there mouth.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 10:59pm On Nov 07, 2020
dorin27:

They are all largely the same

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by dorin27(f): 11:02pm On Nov 07, 2020
DaudaTheSexyGuy:

They are all largely the same
Okay.
Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by Godoverevery: 11:02pm On Nov 07, 2020
dorin27:
Yes ooo..she is the most beautiful lady on earth and she the one am spending the rest of my life with

She has her flaws and she doesn't pretend or act perfect like you. . lol.
I call her "mama" because she not a saint like you

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by dorin27(f): 11:05pm On Nov 07, 2020
Godoverevery:

Yes ooo..she is the most beautiful lady on earth and she the one am spending the rest of my life with

She has her flaws and she doesn't pretend or act perfect like you. . lol.
I call her "mama" because she not a saint like you
Congratulations in advance is all I'll say to you. As for other things you wrote, I'll pretend I did not see them.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by Godoverevery: 11:08pm On Nov 07, 2020
dorin27:
Congratulations in advance is all I'll say to you. As for other things you wrote, I'll pretend I did not see them.
Thanks saint Mary

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by Womanizer(m): 11:09pm On Nov 07, 2020
fati2001:
PLS KEEP QUIET.

Pretty lady are you based in Lagos?
Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by dorin27(f): 11:12pm On Nov 07, 2020
Godoverevery:

Thanks saint Mary
You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by brain54(m): 11:16pm On Nov 07, 2020
dorin27:
shots fired... why u Dodge the bullet na?
Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by dorin27(f): 11:18pm On Nov 07, 2020
brain54:

shots fired... why u Dodge the bullet na?
because I choose to.
Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by cooooooks(m): 11:19pm On Nov 07, 2020
I know people and their mouths. You should not be thinking of "controlling yourself" even in a heated argument. If you are with someone who you often find yourself needing 'control' to not hit them; take a break to avoid stories that touch.

Potential domestic abuse aside, I largely agree that you need to live together with your gf before proposing/marrying. However, do not live with someone for 2 years if you don't want to marry (and she does).

Godoverevery:

Bro you can never no a woman well during courtship.... living with a woman day in day out is another level entirely ooo....
She can just provoke you intentionally sometimes and you have to really control yourself....u no women and there mouth.
Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by brain54(m): 11:20pm On Nov 07, 2020
dorin27:
because I choose to.
good decision... its late. won't you sleep?
Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by dorin27(f): 11:21pm On Nov 07, 2020
brain54:

good decision... its late. won't you sleep?
I will...after you sleep grin
Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by brain54(m): 11:21pm On Nov 07, 2020
dorin27:
I will...after you sleep grin
I thought its ladies first...
Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by dorin27(f): 11:22pm On Nov 07, 2020
brain54:

I thought its ladies first...
it doesn't have to be that way all the time.
Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by brain54(m): 11:24pm On Nov 07, 2020
dorin27:
it doesn't have to be that way all the time.
hmmm...OK let me unfold my mat

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by WrittyWritter(f): 12:00am On Nov 08, 2020
aswr..I can't marry a man dat I have not stayed with 4 ar least a week to 2 weeks

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Is A Must Intending Couples Should Stay Together Before Marriage by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 08, 2020
Living together before marriage is unnecessary. You can easily know your potential spouse by taking the time to court, study (their personality, habits, beliefs), and ask them the right questions. In the words of Nietzsche, “When marrying, ask yourself this question: Do you believe that you will be able to converse well with this person into your old age? Everything else in marriage is transitory". If you answer in the affirmative, there's no need to cohabitate. If not, then you need to go back to the drawing board.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Most Simplified Meaning Of Love Between A Man And A Woman / She Says Tomorrow Is Her Birthday-pls Advice / Most Men Can't Reconcile Love To Loyalty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.