Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! (53587 Views)

I'm Being Offered Free Sèx And I'm Scared / No Sex Before Marriage ( I'm Taking A Break) / He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by pocohantas(f): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2020
LINTUNE:
lol..this woman, ur wahala excess, why not try and get his point first...look at the western world, tell me, which gender enjoys marriage the most?, look at africa, tell me the gender that enjoys marriage the most...i know in some parts of asia, men benefit more from marriage, but lets be frank, generally it is the famale folks that benefit more from marriage...dont let ur emotions cloud ur judgment..

Nigerian men do not benefit from marriage;
1)That is why FFK is on his 4th wife and counting.
2) That is why men remarry fast at the death or exit of a wife.
3) That is why Nigerian men are obsessed with single women. They love women so much that they want women to marry men- even though it doesn’t benefit men. Such chivalry.
4)That is why men created polygamy, because they don’t benefit from marriage. grin

Oga, men and women benefit from marriage, all depending on who you marry of course. If your papa no benefit, my own papa benefit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by DebbieSylvex(f): 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2020
Marriage is not a do or die affair.... it's a thing of choice and don't let anybody make dat choice 4 u....wen u are ready financially,emotionally,mentally,...all d ---ally...u can venture in2 it....but it's not by force. Not everybody wud marry
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by LINTUNE(m): 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2020
pocohantas:

Nigerian men do not benefit from marriage;
1)That is why FFK is on his 4th wife and counting.
2) That is why men remarry fast at the death or exit of a wife.
3) That is why Nigerian men are obsessed with single women, because they love women so much that they want women to marry men- even though it doesn’t benefit men. Such chivalry.
4)That is why men created polygamy, because they don’t benefit from marriage. grin

Oga, men and women benefit from marriage, all depending on who you marry of course. If your papa no benefit, my own papa benefit.
dont u understand english or what, i said the female folks benefit more from marriage, it doesn't mean we men dont benefit from it too, and i find it quite appalling that u will have to involve my parents, aren't u acting childish and myopic?, im really disappointed in the way u handle issues, truly , being able to write flawlessly doesn't equate to being intelligent.

3 Likes

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by authority2006(m): 3:16pm On Nov 10, 2020
SatisfyOG:

For crying out loud, I'll be just 29.

Your opinion please.

29, you can still hang around for few years, let's say 6 maximum. Between now and then, you should try to figure out most things about your relationship and financial stability.
It is not good to wait for too long most especially when you have in mind to raise your own kids. You don't want to be 70 while your first child is 20.
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by authority2006(m): 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2020
azawuoba:
We all have to decide for ourselves

same way I woke up one morning and told my parents I wouldn't be going to mosque with them anymore because I don't think I believe in all those things anymore

I just want to be free, they had no choice but to accept my decision

when the marriage bridge also come, we shall cross it

no one I repeat no one can force me to marry or do what I don't want to do

I'm still thinking of revealing to them I'm bi know it will hurt a lot but they always understand

A lost cause
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by authority2006(m): 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2020
Emotionss:
I have come to observe that marriage is only beneficial to women. Men benefits absolutely nothing in marriage.

Dear men before you go into marriage ask yourself this question.

Why are there sooo many widows ? What is killing all the married men?

Death now!
The truth is that there are a lots of factors responsible for husbands dying before the wives, it is not related to a single factor
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by SmartPolician: 3:56pm On Nov 10, 2020
pocohantas:

Maybe he isn’t looking for financial value in a wife. People marry for different reasons. cheesy

Actually, I learned that line from you

I won't forget that

It's a thought-provoking view cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Barristter07: 4:27pm On Nov 10, 2020
Goodman247:
Most people are just married in Nigeria because of society go to Western countries where they have options, it is only those who are willing to marry, do get married.

A normal society , that's how it should be.

1 Like

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Barristter07: 4:32pm On Nov 10, 2020
justscorchone:
As a guy don’t ever feel pressured to get married , one of the perk we have as men is the ultimate fact that we can marry at any age to any woman we choose (18 and above ofcourse)

The bold is Not true. Unless you are rich , if you pass a certain age or start getting old as a man, no young girl will look at your side, you either end up with single Mum or a widow , And if probably you are rich, then most times the young lady just come to eat your money, the worst part is if your energy at that old age can't satisfy her sexually, You will be her money bag, while she get another side nigga and if you later know, the shock fit kill you. This is not say people should be pressured to marry o , but to erase the idea that a man is not affected by age.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Emotionss: 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
authority2006:

Death now!
The truth is that there are a lots of factors responsible for husbands dying before the wives, it is not related to a single factor

The stress that some Nigerian married men are subjected by their respective wife's is a very big factor.

Do you know that some women are not comfortable when their husband is Happy ? They must look for something that nagg about just to prove a point.

2 Likes

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Happy2020: 9:21pm On Nov 11, 2020
Bishes marry in Nigeria for money first, for stability second and for status third. Love gets lost somewhere else.
This is why you see very often a Nigerian female break
Up with someone and get married the next month to
Another MF

1 Like

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 11, 2020
Barristter07:

The bold is Not true. Unless you are rich , if you pass a certain age or start getting old as a man, no young girl will look at your side, you either end up with single Mum or a widow , And if probably you are rich, then most times the young lady just come to eat your money, the worst part is if your energy at that old age can't satisfy her sexually, You will be her money bag, while she get another side nigga and if you later know, the shock fit kill you. This is not say people should be pressured to marry o , but to erase the idea that a man is not affected by age.

That is a man who didn't take good care of his body well. More like adopting a healthy lifestyle. I am in my late 30s but i still sexually attract a girl in her late teens. I look too good for my age.
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by LikeAking: 12:44am On Nov 12, 2020
You know one marry,becos pricks dey swt you.
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Dollarremix(m): 9:42am On Jan 20, 2023
capricornlady:
Same here.. Everyone's asking when i'll get married, but sincerely i wanna get married but it seems there's no love again, all the MEN are taken angry

It is well
Hi,I will like to know you better.
Here is my number

Thanks.
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by imagrg(m): 5:36pm On Jan 20, 2023
Please don't get married.

Be fvcking small girls until you get Aided. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Discovering That Her Husband-to-be Is Married / Nigerian Couple With "Massive" Height Difference Share Cute Video (Pics/Video) / Preparation For Valentine's Day (Hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.